FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > IMF want £17.5billion from UK

IMF want £17.5billion from UK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To save the euro. I wouldn't mind £5000 to pay MY debts. Think I should ask the government, if they are suddenly feeling so generous and have found all that money hiding somewhere?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ust JoanWoman  over a year ago

caerphilly

As the British people pointed out when all this came about with the single currency it isn't a good idea, just a pity other nations didn't agree with us! Their economies are now down the toilet, their industry is virtually non existent and their counties are now on their knees.

If we as a nation delve in and help out with such a large contribution will our economy/industry suffer as a consequence? I think so! But what can we do about it? Nothing that's what!

I thing the government has already set aside this money for them without putting it to a vote as this is the way our Country is, always giving help but never getting any in return. We are now being told by Brussels what we can and can't do, and the British people just take it on the chin because we are so used to being told what to do.

I think it is about time Britton stands on it's own two feet and makes it's own decisions, I know it will never happen in my life time, but would be something nice to look forward to!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

i think we are in a situation where in the short term we have to help out..

if it goes pear shaped, it will be detrimental to us..

trouble is, it probably will fail anyway and we will be hit but will also have lost a lot of money..

unless merkel signs the iou...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The IMF can suck my black bull bags... basically the past 10 years governments have learnt by lending, and letting its people borrow money which they don't have, it enslaves them, which means governments get richer and we just had over cash for nothing. Our kids, kids, kids kids are already paying for the last bail out. Debt = Slavery. When did a loan every get paid fully by taking out another loan??? answers on a post card pls

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i think we are in a situation where in the short term we have to help out..

trouble is, it probably will fail anyway and we will be hit but will also have lost a lot of money..

unless merkel signs the iou..."

pretty much my view, economics isnt my strong point,but i dont see how we can be protected if the euro zone goes tits up

in Lancashire

"i think we are in a situation where in the short term we have to help out..

unless merkel signs the iou...

pretty much my view, economics isnt my strong point,but i dont see how we can be protected if the euro zone goes tits up"

doomed to failure from its inception..

if you have a set of rules for entry then allow most who join to not comply your on a slippery slope..

they could have done something last year when Greece was in the mire but looked to have dithered..

'interesting' times..

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

'interesting' times.."

makes you wonder sometimes how they managed to keep the circus & charade going even *this* long...

Wolf

in Lancashire

maybe its human nature for some not to acknowledge when stuff is going wrong..

cant imagine many of the banks who are indebted to some of the countries wanted it shouted from the rooftops..

the 'banks' know its coming, they have been holding onto capital..

maybe thats why the govener of the bank of england and number 11 said they had to increase their liquidity?

'they' know its only a matter of time..

caerphilly

"The IMF can suck my black bull bags... basically the past 10 years governments have learnt by lending, and letting its people borrow money which they don't have, it enslaves them, which means governments get richer and we just had over cash for nothing. Our kids, kids, kids kids are already paying for the last bail out. Debt = Slavery. When did a loan every get paid fully by taking out another loan??? answers on a post card pls"

Totally agree with everything you have said here, except I would have probably been a little more diplomatic with the first line, but the meaning would have been exactly the same lol.

Having been in the situation of borrowing in order to try and make other things right and ending up loosing everything I think we have some insight here, borrowing to try and improve conditions never works, we wouldn't even borrow so much as a cup of sugar these days, if we can't afford it with what we have then we don't get it!

Governments should work to the same principals, we ended up in a recession which I must add is going to take a few more years for us to get out of just by "helping out the USA", it wasn't our problem at the time, but with Westminster being so far up Washington's Arse it ended up our problem, but is Washington going to help us out? you can bet your bottom dollar it won't!

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I'm no economist ( it seems chancellors and bankers aren't either.) , and if I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected..

The global exposure of our banks means that we are tied in to countries with great financial difficulties, if these countries fail ( Argentina not too many years ago ) our banks ( money you and I have saved., thats been lent to these countries ) will be wiped out,

At the moment we ( u.k plc ) can borrow money at reasonable interest rates ,( government bonds, are sold ) at a higher rate to these countries so UK.plc makes money on our borrowings,..

Is it right , is it wrong , I have to hope the clever people know what is best, its a situation we're facing,.. gulp...

anyway if the mayans are right we all die in December anyway..

On a lighter note sex is free in my house, get your sex bonds at johnsoda0204...

One has to remember that there will still be a landmass called Europe after the Euro has collapsed. That Europe will be looking for a scapegoat and we should not allow them to make us the country responsible for bringing down the Euro by refusing to prop it up. Yes it's going to cost us money we'd rather not hand over but the Euro IS going to fail. And we'll still need to trade with the countries of Europe when they revert back to their original currencies, and we'll find that much harder to do with the stigma of the Bad Apple that brought the Euro down, however unjustified that tag may be.

We have to contribute to the IMF, we have no choice.

Saving the Euro as we know it as been described by many as saving the cancer and throwing away the healthy bit.

It just can't be saved in it's current format, i'd say good riddance to it if it weren't for the fact it wants to take us and others with it.

Ah well, at least Shameless is back on the telly.

caerphilly

"One has to remember that there will still be a landmass called Europe after the Euro has collapsed. That Europe will be looking for a scapegoat and we should not allow them to make us the country responsible for bringing down the Euro by refusing to prop it up. Yes it's going to cost us money we'd rather not hand over but the Euro IS going to fail. And we'll still need to trade with the countries of Europe when they revert back to their original currencies, and we'll find that much harder to do with the stigma of the Bad Apple that brought the Euro down, however unjustified that tag may be.

We have to contribute to the IMF, we have no choice."

I couldn't agree more, but it always seems to be us helping everyone else out!

caerphilly

"Saving the Euro as we know it as been described by many as saving the cancer and throwing away the healthy bit.

It just can't be saved in it's current format, i'd say good riddance to it if it weren't for the fact it wants to take us and others with it.

Ah well, at least Shameless is back on the telly."

Very true. Shortly after the euro came into effect I worked in Southern Ireland and spoke in depth with some of the local people, one thing all of them said was it wasn't a good idea, and Briton was wise to stay out of it!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Saving the Euro as we know it as been described by many as saving the cancer and throwing away the healthy bit.

Very true. Shortly after the euro came into effect I worked in Southern Ireland and spoke in depth with some of the local people, one thing all of them said was it wasn't a good idea, and Briton was wise to stay out of it!"

....and typical of the EU having recieved a resounding NO, they pumped money in and asked again. Democracy at its finest. Eh?

Very true. Shortly after the euro came into effect I worked in Southern Ireland and spoke in depth with some of the local people, one thing all of them said was it wasn't a good idea, and Briton was wise to stay out of it!

....and typical of the EU having recieved a resounding NO, they pumped money in and asked again. Democracy at its finest. Eh? "

Lol, that's true democracy, keep voting till they get the answer they wanted.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"

'interesting' times..

makes you wonder sometimes how they managed to keep the circus & charade going even *this* long...

Wolf

"

bread and circuses

While I don't agree necessarily that we should add more to the IMF, let's not forget that they bailed us out in the mid 70's. That being the case, and as one of the major economy’s perhaps we have a moral duty to contribute more now that the need is there. Still should be directed at Countries not Currency’s though, although as the Countries that need the help now are all in the Euro, not sure how that can be separated.

» Add a new message to this topic