FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Old age pension

Old age pension

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iker boy 69 OP   Man  over a year ago

midlands

Does anyone know any serious info regarding the title. My mum been told she wont get one as not paid enough NI over the years, tho she has worked part time, and lived off my dads pension from work for 25 years.. shes also been told about some tax credit she MAY get, but will lose 1 pound for each 500 she has saved. So because shes been careful over the years since my dad died, and went through a very bad bout of breast cancer herself, which caused lymphodeama shes never been able to work more than a few hours.. but due to her not being one to bother doctors she never got a not saying unfit for fulltime work. Shes just plodded on with her life, never asking for any help at all, yet now been dealt this blow. Can anyone please help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you tried Citizen's Advice? Or the .gov website and search for pensions.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

You get back what you pay in. There's no great mystery. Many people find themselves in your mum's position. There are probably benefits she is entitled to , to top up her income. The C.A.B would be a good start. Mail them.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

You can log in online and find out what you will get

By *ickeyblueeyes7Man  over a year ago

newport

She will still get a pension but at a reduced rate because of the lack of NI contributions

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes go to the CAB,she will still get benefits but she needs expert advice

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

You could ring DWP, they were very helpful when I was sorting out my mum's benefits and told me all the other things she was entitled to.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My mum worked 8 hours a week for about 15 years. She gets a pension.

However as everyone else has said contact CAB or Age Uk.

"You get back what you pay in. There's no great mystery. Many people find themselves in your mum's position. There are probably benefits she is entitled to , to top up her income. The C.A.B would be a good start. Mail them. "

Exactly this

By *iker boy 69 OP   Man  over a year ago

midlands

"You get back what you pay in. There's no great mystery. Many people find themselves in your mum's position. There are probably benefits she is entitled to , to top up her income. The C.A.B would be a good start. Mail them.

Exactly this"

How does this work for people that have never paid in, due to many reasons, some bone idle some ill heslth etc and have only taken all their life. It just seems the fact shes just managed to get by since losing my dad, and having her cancer etc yet still worked shes being penalised

"You get back what you pay in. There's no great mystery. Many people find themselves in your mum's position. There are probably benefits she is entitled to , to top up her income. The C.A.B would be a good start. Mail them.

Exactly this

How does this work for people that have never paid in, due to many reasons, some bone idle some ill heslth etc and have only taken all their life. It just seems the fact shes just managed to get by since losing my dad, and having her cancer etc yet still worked shes being penalised"

Unless you have a private pension, being long term bone idle will pay out the same at pension time as part time workers

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Exactly this

How does this work for people that have never paid in, due to many reasons, some bone idle some ill heslth etc and have only taken all their life. It just seems the fact shes just managed to get by since losing my dad, and having her cancer etc yet still worked shes being penalised"

Contact Age Uk as I suggested or CAB as many others have. We genuinely don't have answers that will help your mum. They will. Age uk will actually send someone out to chat to youd mum and help her with the forms for any benefit she might be entitled to. There are other agencies who will do this, google "help with completing benefit forms for the elderly".

Good luck.

» Add a new message to this topic