FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How Blimin' Nice!! :-)

How Blimin' Nice!! :-)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's some lovely people in the World of oura mind! J

Not long back from work and checked fab for abit then checked another site I'm using called Hippphelp. Where you can find voluntary work in exchange for digs around the World. Anyway, I had 2 messages one was offering me accommodation for 3 months in Lake Baikal, Siberia working with handicap teens and the other was 4 months in Mexico helping to build a school.

It's made me decide that I'm just going to travel place to place volunteering to help people. Kinda like Highway to Heaven without the Religion...

Just made my day and thought I'd share with you all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Corresctions..

World of ours. No J and Hippohelp

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Getting a stranger of the internet from a differnt country to work with vunerable teens sounds really illegal?

I mean even by Russian standards that cant be right

"Getting a stranger of the internet from a differnt country to work with vunerable teens sounds really illegal?

I mean even by Russian standards that cant be right"

It's just an offer at the moment. I would have thought they do checks and do it properly. It's not some dodgy site...

That sounds really quite rewarding.

"That sounds really quite rewarding. "

It does... Food and accommodation provided. Who needs anything more than that? Don't have to spend then. Like I said just offers there's so many places to choose from. Having second thoughts about the Russia one after a Romanian said I'd probably get stabbed if I went to Russia.

"That sounds really quite rewarding.

It does... Food and accommodation provided. Who needs anything more than that? Don't have to spend then. Like I said just offers there's so many places to choose from. Having second thoughts about the Russia one after a Romanian said I'd probably get stabbed if I went to Russia. "

Yeah Russia is a big vast space. I’ve been to Russia, they were all lovely to me.

"That sounds really quite rewarding.

It does... Food and accommodation provided. Who needs anything more than that? Don't have to spend then. Like I said just offers there's so many places to choose from. Having second thoughts about the Russia one after a Romanian said I'd probably get stabbed if I went to Russia.

Yeah Russia is a big vast space. I’ve been to Russia, they were all lovely to me.

"

That's what I thought. I get on great with them in this Country.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Getting a stranger of the internet from a differnt country to work with vunerable teens sounds really illegal?

I mean even by Russian standards that cant be right

It's just an offer at the moment. I would have thought they do checks and do it properly. It's not some dodgy site... "

Go for it! I helped build houses in south America and a school in Peru. It was absolutely back breaking. No cement mixers or digger, all had to be done by hand but it was probably the most rewarding thing I've ever done.

The local people were fantastic, and so was the camaraderie from the rest of the team.

I'd do it again like a shot.

» Add a new message to this topic