FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > New form of feedback

New form of feedback

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all

At some point of time we suffer time wasters or disappointment when a meet shows up then says I’m not interested after ages Building a rapport online.

So I’m wondering if we should have a better feedback system to catch those who say they will turn up but don’t so other fabbers can judge if they’ll waste their time.

It is hard to get a meet veri as people only meet those who are meet verified.

Just thinking out loud

Have a fab day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But what's to stop me reporting you for not turning up to our meet we had planned this morning?

It's too open to abuse.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

what are you saying. if you arrange to meet someone and when you meet the spark isnt there then they should be classed as a time waster?

I thought you could report people that fail to turn ?

"I thought you could report people that fail to turn ? "

You can

"I thought you could report people that fail to turn ?

You can "

You can "

But nothing is done about it. I know a guy on here who is a repeat time waster and a lier but of course its just feedback is noted.

You can "

I never knew that. Why? I thought people can just change their mind. No means no and all that.

Is there a limit on how many times you can change your mind ? I’ve decided no 5 times so next time I have to say yes . Just thinking out loud.

You can

But nothing is done about it. I know a guy on here who is a repeat time waster and a lier but of course its just feedback is noted. "

i suppose it’s hard to police and open to abuse by people

You can

I never knew that. Why? I thought people can just change their mind. No means no and all that.

Is there a limit on how many times you can change your mind ? I’ve decided no 5 times so next time I have to say yes . Just thinking out loud. "

I’m guessing that if the same profile keeps getting repeat reports of time wasting then maybe they look into it?!?

It’s a difficult one because it’s hearsay isn’t it? But multiple reports by independent well verified people (rather than a load of fake accounts set up to harass someone?) and maybe they’ll do something!?

Who knows?

You can

But nothing is done about it. I know a guy on here who is a repeat time waster and a lier but of course its just feedback is noted. "

And you can’t name and shame, it’s like when it’s good, it’s good, but when it’s bad, there’s not a solution to make it better apart from ignore it (and block)

You can

Is there a limit on how many times you can change your mind ? I’ve decided no 5 times so next time I have to say yes . Just thinking out loud.

I’m guessing that if the same profile keeps getting repeat reports of time wasting then maybe they look into it?!?

It’s a difficult one because it’s hearsay isn’t it? But multiple reports by independent well verified people (rather than a load of fake accounts set up to harass someone?) and maybe they’ll do something!?

Who knows?"

It’s the not knowing that causes people having to read the hearsay.

But clarify timewasting. Please?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

There is an option to report no shows to admin when reporting a profile OP.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

You can

But nothing is done about it. I know a guy on here who is a repeat time waster and a lier but of course its just feedback is noted.

And you can’t name and shame, it’s like when it’s good, it’s good, but when it’s bad, there’s not a solution to make it better apart from ignore it (and block) "

the grape vine can work pretty well

You can

Who knows?

But clarify timewasting. Please? "

Agreeing a meet and not attending without notifying the other party, who turn up at the venue as agreed, is a good starter for ten.

Luckily never happened to me, yet.

You can

Who knows?

Agreeing a meet and not attending without notifying the other party, who turn up at the venue as agreed, is a good starter for ten.

Luckily never happened to me, yet. "

What if they give a good (valid) excuse.?

You can

Who knows?

Luckily never happened to me, yet.

What if they give a good (valid) excuse.?"

That’s when the ‘multiple reports of tinewasting from well verified members’ bit comes in. I guess.

Once or twice is understandable. If it happens on a regular and consistent basis then that’s when it becomes suspicious.

I dunno, ask admin why the functionality is there! I was merely speculating why the function is there and how they might use it!

That’s also why I said “who knows?” .. because I don’t!

Dan. Just as Nessie said above, it’s open to abuse. And if there are people who like to piss people about, those people will find a way to abuse something for their own pleasure.

Time wasting or retaliation, someone will play the system.

"Dan. Just as Nessie said above, it’s open to abuse. And if there are people who like to piss people about, those people will find a way to abuse something for their own pleasure.

"

I’m sure it is. Nessie asked if you can report. I said you can. Because you can. Admin will be better able to respond to your concerns about the effectiveness (or not) of said functionality

"Dan. Just as Nessie said above, it’s open to abuse. And if there are people who like to piss people about, those people will find a way to abuse something for their own pleasure.

I’m sure it is. Nessie asked if you can report. I said you can. Because you can. Admin will be better able to respond to your concerns about the effectiveness (or not) of said functionality "

I thought you were admin?

How is someone who meets up with you but isn’t interested in person a time waster OP?

I’m sure it is. Nessie asked if you can report. I said you can. Because you can. Admin will be better able to respond to your concerns about the effectiveness (or not) of said functionality

I thought you were admin? "

er, no!

"How is someone who meets up with you but isn’t interested in person a time waster OP?"
You make a good point what is the definition of a time waster ? I would say there are degrees of timewasters on here but obviously not turning up for a meet is a really shitty thing to do It hasn’t happened to me yet but my friend was left sitting in a hotel room

"How is someone who meets up with you but isn’t interested in person a time waster OP?

You make a good point what is the definition of a time waster ? I would say there are degrees of timewasters on here but obviously not turning up for a meet is a really shitty thing to do It hasn’t happened to me yet but my friend was left sitting in a hotel room "

I would say someone who agrees to meet you, then doesn’t show up is a timewaster. I’ve been called a timewaster because I’ve cancelled a meet or we have been chatting beforehand and I’ve decided I wouldn’t like to meet them, but if I met with someone who wasn’t interested in me in person, I wouldn’t call them a timewaster

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Some people get loads of timewasters and others don't. I don't know why this is but it's as well to choose potential meets carefully and not invest too much hope and expectation in them. Very often disappointment is the result of the difference between expectation and reality.

"How is someone who meets up with you but isn’t interested in person a time waster OP?

You make a good point what is the definition of a time waster ? I would say there are degrees of timewasters on here but obviously not turning up for a meet is a really shitty thing to do It hasn’t happened to me yet but my friend was left sitting in a hotel room

I would say someone who agrees to meet you, then doesn’t show up is a timewaster. I’ve been called a timewaster because I’ve cancelled a meet or we have been chatting beforehand and I’ve decided I wouldn’t like to meet them, but if I met with someone who wasn’t interested in me in person, I wouldn’t call them a timewaster "

That is pretty much the same as my definition

I think you're not fully understanding the verification system OP.

Whilst many people will provide feedback in a verification, the purpose of the system is to authenticate that someone is who they purport to be and that they turn up for a meet

"But what's to stop me reporting you for not turning up to our meet we had planned this morning?

It's too open to abuse. "

This.

"But what's to stop me reporting you for not turning up to our meet we had planned this morning?

It's too open to abuse.

This. "

Exactly there are some vindictive fuckers out there

» Add a new message to this topic