FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Baked potato

Baked potato

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I was wee and would have a baked potato, my mum would take the skin off and mush the beans into the potato and cheese.

I don’t ever remember complaining that I didn’t like the skin, but she did it up until I was about fourteen.

Since then I have realised that the skin is the best part of a baked potato. My wee sisters claim they don’t like it, yet won’t try it

What simple foods did you not like as a child, but do now?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I didn't like mushrooms as a child but now I have them with everything.

Pasta

Pizza

Bacon

Sweet corn

Tuna

Steak

Gammon

Roast potatoes

Any veg

Any fruit

Baked beans

Baked potato

Cheese

Basically anything that wasn’t chicken nuggets or waffles. But you made me try so much more. You’re the best wife

"When I was wee and would have a baked potato, my mum would take the skin off and mush the beans into the potato and cheese.

I don’t ever remember complaining that I didn’t like the skin, but she did it up until I was about fourteen.

Since then I have realised that the skin is the best part of a baked potato. My wee sisters claim they don’t like it, yet won’t try it

What simple foods did you not like as a child, but do now?"

So basically you had mash potatoe?

I never used to like mayonnaise! I couldnt go near it... discusting. I love it now I have it with everything.

Certain cheeses.

Couldn't stand stilton as a kid. Now I love it

"When I was wee and would have a baked potato, my mum would take the skin off and mush the beans into the potato and cheese.

So basically you had mash potatoe?

I never used to like mayonnaise! I couldnt go near it... discusting. I love it now I have it with everything. "

Pretty much

"Pasta

Pizza

Bacon

Sweet corn

Tuna

Steak

Gammon

Roast potatoes

Any veg

Any fruit

Baked beans

Baked potato

Cheese

Basically anything that wasn’t chicken nuggets or waffles. But you made me try so much more. You’re the best wife "

I know

Your diet used to wind me up so much. Who doesn’t like pizza?!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

As my niece, who was six at the time, proudly proclaimed as she decided she liked sweetcorn 'sometimes if you don't like something you just have to try it and then you do like it!'

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Pasta

Pizza

Bacon

Sweet corn

Tuna

Steak

Gammon

Roast potatoes

Any veg

Any fruit

Baked beans

Baked potato

Cheese

Basically anything that wasn’t chicken nuggets or waffles. But you made me try so much more. You’re the best wife "

Awwwwww

"I didn't like mushrooms as a child but now I have them with everything. "

I only like fried mushrooms.

Brocoli

Pasta

Potato skin!

Watermelon

Blueberries

Pasta - yet now I can't eat it

"Brocoli

Pasta

Potato skin!

Watermelon

Blueberries

Pasta - yet now I can't eat it "

Oh blueberries and watermelon are another one for me. I just don’t think I ever tried them!

"Brocoli

Pasta

Potato skin!

Watermelon

Blueberries

Pasta - yet now I can't eat it

Oh blueberries and watermelon are another one for me. I just don’t think I ever tried them!"

Same, most food I never tried because I didn't like to look of it. Finally decided to try and it was magical haha

I was never a fussy kid.

I always liked most foods as far as I can remember.

As I do now - that's why I'm a fat bastard

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Cheese and onion.

Are you putting your spuds in the oven for an hour? Are you rubbing them with butter and loads of salt? then wrapping in foil to bake?

Super Skins

I hate peas, Fuckin' spawn of a Satanic-green Giant

I didn't like any food when I was a kid. I was really skinny and ate very little.

Now I eat practically anything except shellfish and okra

By *voryforebonyMan  over a year ago

boogie town

Pretty much everything! Now, love almost everything. Except cous cous... That's the work of the devil, as is quiche.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I didn't like mushrooms as a child but now I have them with everything.

I only like fried mushrooms. "

I'm gonna have garlic mushrooms with ma steak later

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Non I've never been a fussy eater.

However now I can't eat anything with coconut in it as I've developed an allergy.

No korma or bounty's for me.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Uncanny!

We had jacket spuds, cheese and beans tonight! Well I did - Fox doesn't do beans.

I used to hate cheese as a child. Now I could eat a kilo of cheddar a day. Great if you want some seriously weird cheese dreams.

A

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Uncanny!

We had jacket spuds, cheese and beans tonight! Well I did - Fox doesn't do beans.

I used to hate cheese as a child. Now I could eat a kilo of cheddar a day. Great if you want some seriously weird cheese dreams.

A"

Have you tried Heinz Five Beans?

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Uncanny!

A

Have you tried Heinz Five Beans? "

No. But the chilli ones are fab. The curry ones are pointless. May as well just stir some powder into own brand cheap ones.

A

Cheese - it’s now my Achilles heel despite despising it as a kid.

I hated fish. That's because my mother never knew how to cook it. She would grill it to death without descaling it. It's only when I started working in a high class restaurant I started to appreciate well prepared and cooked fish. Now I love eating all kinds of seafood.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

Have you tried Heinz Five Beans?

No. But the chilli ones are fab. The curry ones are pointless. May as well just stir some powder into own brand cheap ones.

A"

Ooooh yeah, I'm with you on the Chilli beans they are nice

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

If someone had said when I was younger I'd like asparagus or sprouts I'd of laughed at them. Hardly atr any veg as a kid. Now love loads of it. Still can't do broccoli tho unless in a bake with shit loads of cheese and I don't think about it when chewing on it.

As for mushrooms and lettuce, foods of the devil

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Raw cheese - still won't touch it now usually

Things I do like now though that I wouldn't eat as a kid:

Anything spicy hot

Mussels

Sweetcorn

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Beans

Beetroot

Chilli sauce

Green Peas. Hated them! But now I'll make a pot of them with butter, black pepper and salt! oooh, I'll be back later!

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Raw cheese - still won't touch it now usually

Things I do like now though that I wouldn't eat as a kid:

Anything spicy hot

Mussels

Sweetcorn"

There's a difference between spicy and "hot"

By *erfectlyPervertedCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Mussels

Crab

Steak

Cockles

Asparagus

Cauliflower

Blue cheese

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

I was an adventurous kid with what I'd try, I remember I loved having kidneys (I had low iron levels) but I couldn't bare to eat them now and your taste buds change too as you mature.

I don't think I was really big on spicy food, sprouts and stuff like cabbage or salads.

"I was an adventurous kid with what I'd try, I remember I loved having kidneys (I had low iron levels) but I couldn't bare to eat them now and your taste buds change too as you mature.

I don't think I was really big on spicy food, sprouts and stuff like cabbage or salads. "

I loved liver and bacon in a tomato gravy, but I can't stand liver in my mouth now.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I used to not like eggs, now they are okay.

Swansea

"I was an adventurous kid with what I'd try, I remember I loved having kidneys (I had low iron levels) but I couldn't bare to eat them now and your taste buds change too as you mature.

I don't think I was really big on spicy food, sprouts and stuff like cabbage or salads.

I loved liver and bacon in a tomato gravy, but I can't stand liver in my mouth now."

Yeah I probably would of had liver too but I'd just over think it now and where it came from.

As a kid I don't think you'd really think or know. I remember i got told it was just from a chicken ect.

Mustard!

I loved liver and bacon in a tomato gravy, but I can't stand liver in my mouth now.

Yeah I probably would of had liver too but I'd just over think it now and where it came from.

As a kid I don't think you'd really think or know. I remember i got told it was just from a chicken ect.

"

I used to cut it up and prepare it too. I can't cut through it now either. Or hearts

"I used to not like eggs, now they are okay."

I couldn't eat fried eggs as a kid.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I like to get a double treat out of my baked potatoes at home. I will eat out the soft potato with my first lot of toppings. Then fill the remaining potato skin shells with a different filling and eat them too.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Oh you can't beat a nice crispy tatty skin!

Mint Sauce hated it but love the stuff now

Swansea

I used to cut it up and prepare it too. I can't cut through it now either. Or hearts

"

Oh noo.. I can barely touch chicken raw it goes through me

Fish - couldn’t stand it as a kid but now I love it. Olives too

Rice pudding! Made no sense to me at all and the texture freaked me out.

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

I hated fish, largely because of the risk of bones, and I wasn’t a fan of roast meat until I discovered it didn’t have to be cremated.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Pasta

Pizza

Bacon

Sweet corn

Tuna

Steak

Gammon

Roast potatoes

Any veg

Any fruit

Baked beans

Baked potato

Cheese

Thats virtually my shopping list most weeks. Tell Queeny to cook my dinner for me please

Den of Iniquity

"I was never a fussy kid.

I always liked most foods as far as I can remember.

As I do now - that's why I'm a fat bastard "

I'm not sure which emoji I should use for your post . Either way It might offend . By the way ( for research purposes only) I've checked and you look just fuckin fine

By *hortieWoman  over a year ago

Northampton

I ate everything as a kid... Mum was the 'eat it or go hungry' type lol.

I always had steak cremated tho. then as I got older, I tried a bite of someones rare steak. Now, smack a cows arse through a hot kitchen, and it's cooked enough for me!!

"Pasta

Pizza

Bacon

Sweet corn

Tuna

Steak

Gammon

Roast potatoes

Any veg

Any fruit

Baked beans

Baked potato

Cheese

Basically anything that wasn’t chicken nuggets or waffles. But you made me try so much more. You’re the best wife

Thats virtually my shopping list most weeks. Tell Queeny to cook my dinner for me please "

I don’t cook

I’m an awful wife!

Den of Iniquity

"Pasta

Pizza

Bacon

Sweet corn

Tuna

Steak

Gammon

Roast potatoes

Any veg

Any fruit

Baked beans

Baked potato

Cheese

Thats virtually my shopping list most weeks. Tell Queeny to cook my dinner for me please

I don’t cook

I’m an awful wife!"

Well you need to have your bottom slapped

Den of Iniquity

"I ate everything as a kid... Mum was the 'eat it or go hungry' type lol.

I always had steak cremated tho. then as I got older, I tried a bite of someones rare steak. Now, smack a cows arse through a hot kitchen, and it's cooked enough for me!!"

Smack my arse if you like

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Rice pudding! Made no sense to me at all and the texture freaked me out. "

Not had tapioca or "frogspawn" since I was at school

The skin is the best part!! to be honest I still love the things I eaten as a child, sometimes the simplistic meals are the best

Hated gerkins, Twiglets and blue cheese as a kid. Even the smell of them both used to make me feel nauseous. Now I can eat lots of them.

"Hated gerkins, Twiglets and blue cheese as a kid. Even the smell of them both used to make me feel nauseous. Now I can eat lots of them."

My wee lad is obsessed with gerkins. He's a right weirdo lol

By *mber GamblerCouple  over a year ago

rugby

Olives

Mayonnaise

Tomatoes

Peppers

» Add a new message to this topic