FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nerves

Nerves

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been on and off this site for many years. I've always been nervous before meeting anyone. I assume everyone is and butterflies are part of the fun.

I'm a bit out of practice so tomorrow I'm having my first social in ages. In itself it's no biggie. However, this is someone I started chatting with about 7 years ago! We never met as logistics were always difficult. We lost touch for a few years but he appeared on my Kik at Christmas. So finally tomorrow is the day.

I am absolutely bricking it at the moment. What if we have hyped it up too much? What if I'm a big let down?

How do you all deal with nerves?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I've been on and off this site for many years. I've always been nervous before meeting anyone. I assume everyone is and butterflies are part of the fun.

I'm a bit out of practice so tomorrow I'm having my first social in ages. In itself it's no biggie. However, this is someone I started chatting with about 7 years ago! We never met as logistics were always difficult. We lost touch for a few years but he appeared on my Kik at Christmas. So finally tomorrow is the day.

I am absolutely bricking it at the moment. What if we have hyped it up too much? What if I'm a big let down?

How do you all deal with nerves? "

Deep breaths, focus on the meeting, on each other, 7 years chatting you will be fine. Please let us know how it goes and good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lager.

Seriously though, good luck and just force yourself through it.

Nervousness is completely natural

This is why I like to chat a good while before jumping in to a meet. You get a much better feel for the person so you can treat it as just a meet up with any other friend.

Not overly helpful but works for me.

Just imagine everyone naked...

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

You've chatted for years; there's obviously some chemistry there.

Big Girl Pants...

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I always just think what's the worst that can happen? You're meeting for a social, so in public I assume. What if you don't get along in person? Well, at least you'll know! Nerves are totally natural though I think everyone gets them. Good luck

"I've been on and off this site for many years. I've always been nervous before meeting anyone. I assume everyone is and butterflies are part of the fun.

How do you all deal with nerves?

Deep breaths, focus on the meeting, on each other, 7 years chatting you will be fine. Please let us know how it goes and good luck "

I'm currently worrying about what to wear! Gutted I've got to do all day at work first!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

7 years? Fuck that's some time.

If you've been speaking for so long, it'll be brilliant when you meet - the nerves won't disappear no matter what's typed but you will enjoy it. Life's too short not to go for it.

I called up a dear friend and just arrrghed at her half hour before. She gave me some brilliant advice like "men can find most things attractive", "if they've not had sex for a bit they'll be gagging to so will probably want to with you". I almost didn't go but yeah. Seize the day and cock.

"Lager.

Seriously though, good luck and just force yourself through it.

Nervousness is completely natural "

Yes sadly I'm driving!

You'll be fine

Just don't wear ya superman outfit

"This is why I like to chat a good while before jumping in to a meet. You get a much better feel for the person so you can treat it as just a meet up with any other friend.

Not overly helpful but works for me. "

oh we have chatted for too long! It's time for action

Fake it till you make it

I think nerves can be a good thing as they can make you excited too. I have a similar situation coming up in just over a week, with someone I've been interested in for sometime. We are both traveling for the meet and have 2 nights booked together in a hotel. I'm bricking it that he wont like me in the flesh. But we have both said that if there is any doubts for either of us we have booked a superior room that has 2 double beds and we will just enjoy each others company without pressure. But I don't think I've ever been so nervous

"7 years? Fuck that's some time.

If you've been speaking for so long, it'll be brilliant when you meet - the nerves won't disappear no matter what's typed but you will enjoy it. Life's too short not to go for it.

I called up a dear friend and just arrrghed at her half hour before. She gave me some brilliant advice like "men can find most things attractive", "if they've not had sex for a bit they'll be gagging to so will probably want to with you". I almost didn't go but yeah. Seize the day and cock.

"

Ha ha I like that. Must check it's been a while for him...

"Fake it till you make it

I think nerves can be a good thing as they can make you excited too. I have a similar situation coming up in just over a week, with someone I've been interested in for sometime. We are both traveling for the meet and have 2 nights booked together in a hotel. I'm bricking it that he wont like me in the flesh. But we have both said that if there is any doubts for either of us we have booked a superior room that has 2 double beds and we will just enjoy each others company without pressure. But I don't think I've ever been so nervous "

ooo that's so brave and exciting. Good luck x

"This is why I like to chat a good while before jumping in to a meet. You get a much better feel for the person so you can treat it as just a meet up with any other friend.

Not overly helpful but works for me. oh we have chatted for too long! It's time for action"

indeed! Just view it as a friend. Once there you will be fine.

Its normal to be nervious. I am on all my new meets. Atleast you have got to know this person and asked questions. You will always know the answers then

"I always just think what's the worst that can happen? You're meeting for a social, so in public I assume. What if you don't get along in person? Well, at least you'll know! Nerves are totally natural though I think everyone gets them. Good luck "
yes it's a bar after work .

The worst would be I fall on my face waking in or something!

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I always just think what's the worst that can happen? You're meeting for a social, so in public I assume. What if you don't get along in person? Well, at least you'll know! Nerves are totally natural though I think everyone gets them. Good luck yes it's a bar after work .

The worst would be I fall on my face waking in or something!"

Then you'll have something to laugh about

"You've chatted for years; there's obviously some chemistry there.

Big Girl Pants... "

I always wear those.. it's like fort Knox

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Enjoy the butterflies.. you'll be fine

"You'll be fine

Just don't wear ya superman outfit "

I think it would be frowned upon

Wow that's great, I'm sure the conversation will flow and you'll both be at ease with each other. I wish you the very best of luck.

"I always just think what's the worst that can happen? You're meeting for a social, so in public I assume. What if you don't get along in person? Well, at least you'll know! Nerves are totally natural though I think everyone gets them. Good luck yes it's a bar after work .

The worst would be I fall on my face waking in or something!"

I've done that but on the way out of a social instead

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

You have to keep us updated as to how it goes! (You don't, obvs. But I'd want to know )

By *r Potato HeadMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I hope it goes well....x

deep breath..you can do it youre a strong lady xx

I normally concentrate on the driving and just getting there ok.

How exciting to meet after 7 yrs though, love that. X

I think nerves can be a good thing as they can make you excited too. I have a similar situation coming up in just over a week, with someone I've been interested in for sometime. We are both traveling for the meet and have 2 nights booked together in a hotel. I'm bricking it that he wont like me in the flesh. But we have both said that if there is any doubts for either of us we have booked a superior room that has 2 double beds and we will just enjoy each others company without pressure. But I don't think I've ever been so nervous "

You'll be fine I'm sure you will have a great time .. No pressure from each other is a good thing .. Once he gets to meet you in person he will be like putty in your hands .. You're such a lovely person and have a wonderful personality so I wouldn't be worrying if I were you . Hope it goes well for you .

Take care Mr Nice x

"I normally concentrate on the driving and just getting there ok.

How exciting to meet after 7 yrs though, love that. X"

Yes the M8 at rush hour and not getting lost !

Xx

I think nerves can be a good thing as they can make you excited too. I have a similar situation coming up in just over a week, with someone I've been interested in for sometime. We are both traveling for the meet and have 2 nights booked together in a hotel. I'm bricking it that he wont like me in the flesh. But we have both said that if there is any doubts for either of us we have booked a superior room that has 2 double beds and we will just enjoy each others company without pressure. But I don't think I've ever been so nervous

You'll be fine I'm sure you will have a great time .. No pressure from each other is a good thing .. Once he gets to meet you in person he will be like putty in your hands .. You're such a lovely person and have a wonderful personality so I wouldn't be worrying if I were you . Hope it goes well for you .

Take care Mr Nice x "

Aww such lovely things to say. Thank you x

"I normally concentrate on the driving and just getting there ok.

How exciting to meet after 7 yrs though, love that. X

Yes the M8 at rush hour and not getting lost !

Xx"

If you can battle the M8 at rush hour Miss Pink the social will be a breeze - good luck

I pace at home, but it's excited nerves.

When I'm travelling to them by train I'm more worried about the journey than meeting them.

By the time I get to them I'm so relieved I want to kiss them.

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I love the nerves.

I hide them well under brash cocky brovado

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I have been doing clubs for 14 years and still get the nerves

My way to resolve it...is actually spend 20 mins getting the kit ready even before I get a shower and shave.

Make sure stuff is layed out, focus thoughts.

If anything I spend more time overthinking things after meet and plays. Actually yesterday was one of the first times I didn’t lol

"

You’ll be fine. I just come to the mindset that, I’ve slleays been fine, it’s always worked out okay, so experience tells me not to be nervous over anything. Enjoy your social.

Just remember we are on a rock floating in space, everything else is small fry.

I try not to over think too much by putting it out of my mind and just go with the flow of the night, provided it feels right.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Hope it goes well, you’re a stunner and you’ll be just fine. Now go get him tiger! X

I always get ridiculously nervous before meeting someone new!

But it's always fine.

You'll be fine and remember he's male he won't be looking at your outfit

I'm sure you could wear a bin bag and look gorgeous!

Have fun

By thinking about it in a different way than just being nervous...

Its the anticipation of knowing you are hopefullu meeting someone with a similar mindset to you ..

Although part of it comes from wondering whether he will actually turn up! But once he does all those butterflies flutter by!

Thanks all for your kind words and encouragement.

I was stupidly late (thanks to work) however he waited and was lovely. Apparently he thought the same of me.

I think logistics are still tricky but it was a nice hot chocolate

» Add a new message to this topic