FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not getting name dropped

Not getting name dropped

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Just looking over the fab legends thread and reminiscing about the people that I've remembered from my time on fab. Several people have mentioned current or recent incumbents in their posts and apologised to others that they've missed off, but does it actually bother people if you don't get name dropped on popularity threads like that?

Honestly now folks...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's always nice to be acknowledged publicly but if I'm not it doesn't bother me at all.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

We never get mentioned, it used to bother me but now it doesn't.

We can't all be popular, liked or even noticed.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I’m still sulking

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm well pissed off

Its a happy bonus

"We never get mentioned, it used to bother me but now it doesn't.

We can't all be popular, liked or even noticed. "

I notice ya.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Just looking over the fab legends thread and reminiscing about the people that I've remembered from my time on fab. Several people have mentioned current or recent incumbents in their posts and apologised to others that they've missed off, but does it actually bother people if you don't get name dropped on popularity threads like that?

Honestly now folks... "

I’ve not looked at it - but no!

I dip in and out of the forums fairly regularly - but I’m far too busy having mind blowing sex with nice people to concern myself with who the ‘legends’ might be!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

No. I’ve never started a thread that wasn’t related to Ebay. I’m hardly going to be unforgettable on that basis.

Besides, there’s more to life than Fab notoriety so onwards and upwards.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Yeaaah. I'm distraught.

I'd much rather get a message from someone I like than a mention on the forum to be honest. I guess if I wasn't using the forum/on the forum any more and heard I'd been mentioned, depending on who by, I'd be tickled.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

No. I’ve only started using this profile again recently. It does bring back great memories from when I 1st ventured into the forums though

By *arah_kieran_ukCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

We’re only newish so we’d have no chance of being mentioned in a thread like that but it’s always good to see others

xx

Manchester (he/him)

"No. I’ve never started a thread that wasn’t related to Ebay. I’m hardly going to be unforgettable on that basis.

Besides, there’s more to life than Fab notoriety so onwards and upwards."

I agree, I always find though that on those types of threads you get the 'not me then?', '*checks for name*' or 'I'm not bothered' type messages. If they weren't bothered then why post?

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Yes we throw a big strop and go and sit in the corner sulking

"Just looking over the fab legends thread and reminiscing about the people that I've remembered from my time on fab. Several people have mentioned current or recent incumbents in their posts and apologised to others that they've missed off, but does it actually bother people if you don't get name dropped on popularity threads like that?

Honestly now folks... "

I'd be more likely to appear in a Hall Of Shame thread, so I'm happy not being mentioned at all.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Yes it fucking does! I've been here fucking years for Christ's sake!

Yeah I’ve been here years too so a little appreciation wouldn’t go amiss like

"Yes it fucking does! I've been here fucking years for Christ's sake! "

same

Manchester (he/him)

Me too, me too...

No one remembers me now, let alone from back then! *sobs*

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I occasionally get a mention on those type of threads and whilst it's nice to be acknowledged, it more often than not bemuses me as I certainly don't think I am anything special or more worthy of a mention than a whole lot of others who aren't.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest if I'm not named though.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan  over a year ago

Northampton

"Its a happy bonus"

This

Manchester (he/him)

"Yeah I’ve been here years too so a little appreciation wouldn’t go amiss like"

Perhaps you confuse people with the constant name changes

I doubt I have been mentioned but no doesn't bother at all.... Sob!

I’m throwing a massive tantrum

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

No it doesn’t bother me. I like to name people occasionally ... if I can remember their name!

The only time I notice it about myself is when privately someone is saying they want to meet me but publicly they name lots of people other than me. Even then I’m more curious as to why than anything else. From a privacy perspective it works for me.

I find it a little uncomfortable when people moan about not getting mentioned. That’s my honest answer

No. I read them to see who I've forgotten over the years.

I change my name often, so people don't become attached.

I wish I could remember all my names

"No it doesn’t bother me. I like to name people occasionally ... if I can remember their name!

The only time I notice it about myself is when privately someone is saying they want to meet me but publicly they name lots of people other than me. Even then I’m more curious as to why than anything else. From a privacy perspective it works for me.

I find it a little uncomfortable when people moan about not getting mentioned. That’s my honest answer "

I think it's because they want to keep their sex life private. The ones they are really interested in meeting stay behind closed doors.

"I wish I could remember all my names "

I remembered Floro. There's no chance I could associate you with your other names.

I had a couple of mine written in my notes on my phone, for when I log out and forget my sign in details.

By *p4funCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Don't wish to talk about it (sulks)

Now being name dropped by someone you wanted for ages but u wernt sure knew you existed thats where its at

I don't mind getting mentioned , just enjoy the forums

"No it doesn’t bother me. I like to name people occasionally ... if I can remember their name!

I find it a little uncomfortable when people moan about not getting mentioned. That’s my honest answer

I think it's because they want to keep their sex life private. The ones they are really interested in meeting stay behind closed doors. "

Yes, I think you’re right.

"Yeah I’ve been here years too so a little appreciation wouldn’t go amiss like

Perhaps you confuse people with the constant name changes"

Maybe, in order then...

ClamClub, BeefDripping, Athena, TeaBag, Fag&Slippers, MissWilkes, TheEmpress, GoochSniffer, Atropos, AnnieWilkes, LookAtMyHooves

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

A lot of those names are people who’ve stood out for me in the forums over the years, so I think it’s great they get a mention.

There’s probably loads of others worthy of it too though. Don’t ask me though - I’m shit with names until I see them talked about

Honestly now folks...

I'd be more likely to appear in a Hall Of Shame thread, so I'm happy not being mentioned at all."

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

"Yes it fucking does! I've been here fucking years for Christ's sake!

Me too, me too...

No one remembers me now, let alone from back then! *sobs*"

I remember you beardy bollocks!!

"Yeah I’ve been here years too so a little appreciation wouldn’t go amiss like

Perhaps you confuse people with the constant name changes

Maybe, in order then...

ClamClub, BeefDripping, Athena, TeaBag, Fag&Slippers, MissWilkes, TheEmpress, GoochSniffer, Atropos, AnnieWilkes, LookAtMyHooves"

I applaud you , I can’t remember mine except for my first and present one

By *ayMyName2018Man  over a year ago

Where the Wild Things Are

I’ve been on Fab for 10 years or so, 3 name changes. Not mentioned once.

Really couldn’t care less TBH

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

It's nice getting a mention but not concerned if I don't. I don't trawl threads looking for myself

I named a lot on the legend thread the other day, could have named more who stand out for me, but it was getting a tad long already and I can't remember everyone, it's hard enough remembering what I did!!

Honestly now folks... "

Not at all, you can tell how popular you are by the amount of posts you get in the threads you post, I'm lucky if I get over 20

"I’ve been on Fab for 10 years or so, 3 name changes. Not mentioned once.

Really couldn’t care less TBH "

We must’ve crossed paths ...

I’m useless at remembering names but I remember faces

Honestly now folks...

Not at all, you can tell how popular you are by the amount of posts you get in the threads you post, I'm lucky if I get over 20"

Not necessarily....

"I doubt I have been mentioned but no doesn't bother at all.... Sob! "

Manchester (he/him)

Me too, me too...

No one remembers me now, let alone from back then! *sobs*

I remember you beardy bollocks!! "

Ive never thought of myself, or set out to memorable, I don't court controversy and purposefully try to keep myself to myself in general. I would much rather the things that I write be remembered than myself.

I think the way to get popular is post about 10 threads a day,grind people down, oh and 4 of them have to be snog fuck blah blah threads

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Doesn't bother us in the slightest. Don't need validation from strangers to know that we are great people. Don't tend to meet people from the forums and have never come across any of the regular posters in clubs. Both been here along time.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not really because I don't check them.

Years ago someone started a thread saying how beautiful my hair is. About two people agreed and the remaining posts pointed out that I wasn't all that and named various others who had much better hair than mine. . I've never liked popularity contests since I came second in a beauty competition aged nine, there were two entrants...

"Not really because I don't check them.

Years ago someone started a thread saying how beautiful my hair is. About two people agreed and the remaining posts pointed out that I wasn't all that and named various others who had much better hair than mine. . I've never liked popularity contests since I came second in a beauty competition aged nine, there were two entrants... "

Wales

"No. I’ve never started a thread that wasn’t related to Ebay. I’m hardly going to be unforgettable on that basis.

I agree, I always find though that on those types of threads you get the 'not me then?', '*checks for name*' or 'I'm not bothered' type messages. If they weren't bothered then why post? "

I suspect that could be because someone who they are messaging daily and who they think they are in with, has mentioned someone else other than them, and they’re a bit peeved.

Just a thought. Some folk get quite territorial.

Years ago someone started a thread saying how beautiful my hair is. About two people agreed and the remaining posts pointed out that I wasn't all that and named various others who had much better hair than mine. . I've never liked popularity contests since I came second in a beauty competition aged nine, there were two entrants... "

Seriously ??

I agree, I always find though that on those types of threads you get the 'not me then?', '*checks for name*' or 'I'm not bothered' type messages. If they weren't bothered then why post?

I suspect that could be because someone who they are messaging daily and who they think they are in with, has mentioned someone else other than them, and they’re a bit peeved.

Just a thought. Some folk get quite territorial."

I find stalking them daily works

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Years ago someone started a thread saying how beautiful my hair is. About two people agreed and the remaining posts pointed out that I wasn't all that and named various others who had much better hair than mine. . I've never liked popularity contests since I came second in a beauty competition aged nine, there were two entrants...

Seriously ?? "

Seriously. This was 1965.

I’m f’in fuming.

Not really, it would take myself too long to scroll through to check. I’d hope someone would tell me...like the ‘am I on your hotlist’ thread. 1. I repeat 1. I’m elated about that (thanks Dave) but at the same time it’s crappy you know. But at least they let me know directly.

It’s a good job I’ve got a good sense of humour and can laugh about all this, I read a lot of you guys and lots Stand out for good reasons and could easily name a few. I’ve spoken directly with those and opened up my PMs to them. Some block single males and I can’t send a message, but name them in a thread? I did it once. Hello MissV.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Just a thought. Some folk get quite territorial."

Understatement

Wales

"I’m f’in fuming.

Not really, it would take myself too long to scroll through to check. I’d hope someone would tell me...like the ‘am I on your hotlist’ thread. 1. I repeat 1. I’m elated about that (thanks Dave) but at the same time it’s crappy you know. But at least they let me know directly.

It’s a good job I’ve got a good sense of humour and can laugh about all this, I read a lot of you guys and lots Stand out for good reasons and could easily name a few. I’ve spoken directly with those and opened up my PMs to them. Some block single males and I can’t send a message, but name them in a thread? I did it once. Hello MissV. "

It's always nice to get a mention but it really doesn't bother me if I don't. I think the so called "Ledgends" are the folk that invest a hell of a lot of time in the Forums, plus they are quick- witted, funny and very good with words and expression.

Dan Berks deserves a mention; always like his posts

I’ll let you know if there’s ever one I don’t get mentioned on.

(Brilliantwhitetoothgrinface)

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

I actually got an affectionate mention / name drop ...I was super chuffed.

How did that happen?...

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I think the way to get popular is post about 10 threads a day,grind people down, oh and 4 of them have to be snog fuck blah blah threads"

That’s where I’m going wrong then, I can honestly say I have never posted on those threads

"I’ll let you know if there’s ever one I don’t get mentioned on.

(Brilliantwhitetoothgrinface)"

Or quoted on. there you go.

"I’ll let you know if there’s ever one I don’t get mentioned on.

(Brilliantwhitetoothgrinface)

Or quoted on. there you go. "

My humour is wasted on you all.

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

It's very nice to get complimented but I'm rarely, if ever, 'named' on any of those popularity type threads - which is hardly surprising and therefore not an issue, if, like me, you post irregularly (I honestly don't know how some people find the time to use the forums as often as they do!), are a woeful flirt and don't do very much to grab others' attention (which can take all sorts of forms). Anyone who's 'bothered' by being 'ignored' could do well to remember that unless you actually know someone personally, the impression you have of them from their popular online personna might be somewhat different from who they really are - I've certainly seen a few people being praised for stuff that's rather at odds with what I've heard about and/or seen in real life. And if you are someone who gets hurt by such things why torture yourself by scanning those kind of threads?

Me too, me too...

No one remembers me now, let alone from back then! *sobs*"

Who were you before?

I can't remember names. I very rarely recognise people when they even just change their profile pics. Changed names I have no chance.

Everyone likes to be noticed but no, not really.

C

Ohhh nooooo I’ve always dreamed of Being a fab celeb

"Everyone likes to be noticed but no, not really.

C"

Believe me, being noticed is not always a good thing

C

Believe me, being noticed is not always a good thing "

Find a better tree to hide in or get binocular with a better zoom next time

C

C

C"

A camouflage mac

Gravesend

I appreciate you xxxx

C

C"

Ha fucking ha.

Gravesend

"Yeah I’ve been here years too so a little appreciation wouldn’t go amiss like"
and you xxx

I'm trying not to be noticed.

I've been on and off here for years and have very rarely been name dropped. It doesn't upset me at all.

Granted it would be nice to think I'm memorable but it's not a bad thing to just blend in either x

» Add a new message to this topic