FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > South Norway...

South Norway...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just been offered a place to stay and work in South Coast of Norway, Farsund. Has anyone been to Norway? Would you recommend going?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I know lots of Norwegians. Mostly north though.

Its a magical place! I guess like everywhere it depends on the exact location. Always worth going for the experience.

"I know lots of Norwegians. Mostly north though.

Its a magical place! I guess like everywhere it depends on the exact location. Always worth going for the experience. "

Here...

https://www.visitnorway.no/reisemal/sorlandet/farsund-lista/

By *MaleMan  over a year ago

Great place. Expensive compared to the UK but the wages/salaries paid there are mostly relative.

"Great place. Expensive compared to the UK but the wages/salaries paid there are mostly relative. "

It's volunteering for 5hrs a day 5 days a week for accomodation and food. I'm not travelling as a tourist so only spend on food when not being hosted. There's a site called hippohelp, can travel all over the World with it finding free digs in exchange for help. I'm sure I'll find some work when not volunteering to earn some cash as I go.

I lived 70kms north of kristiansand, not way is beautiful and expensive. Car is a must as public transport is often not convenient. First price food is the way to go in Kiwi (Tesco/ Asda). You will be on the coast. Beautiful area. Fly to stavanger. So much do to.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Norway is beautiful.

The people can come across as quite abrupt but when you get to know them they're generally ok.

It was eyewayeringly expensive last time I visited (about 5 years ago) but everything is top quality.

"I lived 70kms north of kristiansand, not way is beautiful and expensive. Car is a must as public transport is often not convenient. First price food is the way to go in Kiwi (Tesco/ Asda). You will be on the coast. Beautiful area. Fly to stavanger. So much do to. "

As long as there's an asda equivalent that's good. I'll only stay there a couple of weeks to a month maybe then move on. Go to Sweden next and travel around Europe that way? Dunno yet...

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Just been offered a place to stay and work in South Coast of Norway, Farsund. Has anyone been to Norway? Would you recommend going? "

Are you Mad get there even if you do not like it you can not regret what you have do only what you did not do.

"Norway is beautiful.

The people can come across as quite abrupt but when you get to know them they're generally ok.

It was eyewayeringly expensive last time I visited (about 5 years ago) but everything is top quality.

"

Been looking on youtube at videos of Farsund. Does look nice mind. I'm sure my hosts will have a vehicle I could use to travel around. My food and accommodation is sorted so won't need to buy anything just a few postcards and sticks of rock . I've got everything I need, just put something in my belly and I'm good!

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I go to Norway a lot for work and enjoy every single trip,

You'd be crazy not to do it,

"Just been offered a place to stay and work in South Coast of Norway, Farsund. Has anyone been to Norway? Would you recommend going?

Are you Mad get there even if you do not like it you can not regret what you have do only what you did not do.

"

Lol. I am mad but for different reasons...

I'm going backpacking anyway and was planning in starting in France but this offer has come up and seeing if starting in Norway is better? I agree though, that's why I'm going. Start living my life and doing everything I've wanted to do.

"I go to Norway a lot for work and enjoy every single trip,

You'd be crazy not to do it, "

Thanks. All seems pretty positive so far. I'll be gling end of March. Be flying from London, how do you get across?

Hit up preikstolen and kjerag hikes. They on in stavanger, awesome hikes.

"Hit up preikstolen and kjerag hikes. They on in stavanger, awesome hikes. "

Yeah will do I like hiking.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Thanks. All seems pretty positive so far. I'll be gling end of March. Be flying from London, how do you get across? "

Usually fly from stanstead as it's direct, occasionally drive over if I'm over for a longer period.

Sometimes fly from to Sweden and hire a car if i am doing both country's

Thanks. All seems pretty positive so far. I'll be gling end of March. Be flying from London, how do you get across?

Usually fly from stanstead as it's direct, occasionally drive over if I'm over for a longer period.

Sometimes fly from to Sweden and hire a car if i am doing both country's "

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Dream destination!

"Dream destination!"

Yeah... all postive. Looks like my starting point is Norway.

» Add a new message to this topic