FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Would you buy a book..

Would you buy a book..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Written by knowledgeable men and women of the Forum?

An A-Z, Karmasutric Encyclopedia of how to enjoy swinging, sex sites and fetishes in your own way and make the most of what you have to offer?

I'm trying to convince another Forum member to help me cobble something together, they're not convinced you'd buy it though. I don't really care if you would or wouldn't, it's just something I want to do and feel needs doing.

Gender, sexuality, personality, mental health, fetishes, misconceptions, preconceptions, myth busting, personal experiences, epic fails, STIs, Communication, profile writing, messaging, photo taking.. You name it.

Clearly I think I already know a fair bit, but I'd definately buy a book like that, partly out morbid curiosity, partly incase there is something I'm missing or don't yet understand.

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No. I've seen the ramblings of the people of Fab.

No way

No. I disagree with what most of what other forum users say is the best way to do things.

Lol.. well this is going down well

"Lol.. well this is going down well "

People on here struggle to read a profile or other people's points of view so they're unlikely to be able to cope with reading a book!

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Absolutely not, forum users can disagree on pretty much anything, hell, we can't even agree on what swinging is!

Whilst there are some knowledgeable, wise and enlightened people around, others are just horny people with internet access and opinions.

Unless you titled in "wild ramblings of horny people with time on their hands" it won't be much use.

"Written by knowledgeable men and women of the Forum?

An A-Z, Karmasutric Encyclopedia of how to enjoy swinging, sex sites and fetishes in your own way and make the most of what you have to offer?

I'm trying to convince another Forum member to help me cobble something together, they're not convinced you'd buy it though. I don't really care if you would or wouldn't, it's just something I want to do and feel needs doing.

Gender, sexuality, personality, mental health, fetishes, misconceptions, preconceptions, myth busting, personal experiences, epic fails, STIs, Communication, profile writing, messaging, photo taking.. You name it.

Clearly I think I already know a fair bit, but I'd definately buy a book like that, partly out morbid curiosity, partly incase there is something I'm missing or don't yet understand.

Thoughts?"

No because i imagine it would be bias as all holy hell and very boring.

I'm going with no..

I'm not going to pick two random morons to give their advice.

I had someone more.. intellectual and experienced in mind, whom I see other experienced forum members agreeing with on a regular basis, because they do know.

I've already got one moron (me), one is enough. The rest of the book would be very helpful and informative.

Thoughts?

"

Biased? In what way? The aim would be to include every kind of person.

"I'm not going to pick two random morons to give their advice.

I had someone more.. intellectual and experienced in mind, whom I see other experienced forum members agreeing with on a regular basis, because they do know.

I've already got one moron (me), one is enough. The rest of the book would be very helpful and informative."

So your "collective experience" to draw on is one person?

Yep definitly going to be bias. These kinds of works usualy involve dozens of interviews by a competent researcher and even then they don't shift much unless they get assigned to a course of study

Thoughts?

Biased? In what way? The aim would be to include every kind of person. "

How will you avoid selection bias for instance?

Heck given how few people use the forums youve already put in a huge source of bias and then made it worse by taking somone who is often agreed with as your source.

The forums are every unrepresentative of fabswingers as a whole.

Take tv/ts the forum tv/ts tend to be older tvs and very very differnt in view point to the younger ts youd see in the hotpics each month.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I've already got one moron (me), one is enough. The rest of the book would be very helpful and informative."

Consensus of forum approval doesn't mean that they're right though, by that basis your book could be filled with hash tags and rambling about watermelons from a French man.

Forum politics and bias form a large part of tacit approval

I've already got one moron (me), one is enough. The rest of the book would be very helpful and informative.

Yep definitly going to be bias. These kinds of works usualy involve dozens of interviews by a competent researcher and even then they don't shift much unless they get assigned to a course of study"

You don't think that we'd approach others? You don't think that we're capable of looking at things from various points of view?

I'd be interviewing and researching all kinds of people. I have zero experience about Swinging for the first time as a Married Couple. Ofcourse I'd have to talk with those who do.

I may act the fool in the Forum, but I'm not an idiot

Thoughts?

Heck given how few people use the forums youve already put in a huge source of bias and then made it worse by taking somone who is often agreed with as your source.

Take tv/ts the forum tv/ts tend to be older tvs and very very differnt in view point to the younger ts youd see in the hotpics each month."

I think youre choosing to Focus on the "Forum bit".

Forget the Forum, a book written by those with useful knowledge to pass on.

I've seen what the so called intellectuals on here argue about. I can't imagine how they would give advice.

Consensus of forum approval doesn't mean that they're right though, by that basis your book could be filled with hash tags and rambling about watermelons from a French man.

Forum politics and bias form a large part of tacit approval"

Again.. fuck the Forum bit off.

I picked this person because I know they know what they're talking about, can view multiple angles, is careful about what they say and knows how to write.

Thoughts?

Take tv/ts the forum tv/ts tend to be older tvs and very very differnt in view point to the younger ts youd see in the hotpics each month.

Forget the Forum, a book written by those with useful knowledge to pass on."

Advice is only useful if it applies to you.

I've read lots of Dom/sub advice I would dismiss as useless for me.

Forum politics and bias form a large part of tacit approval

Again.. fuck the Forum bit off.

I picked this person because I know they know what they're talking about, can view multiple angles, is careful about what they say and knows how to write."

Are you talking about someone who knows the human body and how it reacts to stimuli?

Thoughts?

Forget the Forum, a book written by those with useful knowledge to pass on."

Well thst is because you said "Written by knowledgeable men and women of the Forum?" So it was untill this post 100% about the forum...

How will you determine what is useful?

Number of verifications or meets?

Overall satisfaction?

Length of fwb relationships from fab?

Or the people who end up married?

"Lol.. well this is going down well

People on here struggle to read a profile or other people's points of view so they're unlikely to be able to cope with reading a book! "

I was thinking just this.

"

I picked this person because I know they know what they're talking about, can view multiple angles, is careful about what they say and knows how to write."

Are you sure you didnt just pick them because you agree with them?

I think without a name this is just going to be going round in circles

Yep definitly going to be bias. These kinds of works usualy involve dozens of interviews by a competent researcher and even then they don't shift much unless they get assigned to a course of study

You don't think that we'd approach others? You don't think that we're capable of looking at things from various points of view?

I'd be interviewing and researching all kinds of people. I have zero experience about Swinging for the first time as a Married Couple. Ofcourse I'd have to talk with those who do.

I may act the fool in the Forum, but I'm not an idiot "

Well its hard to answer as you keep moving the goal posts at this point

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

In a word, no. In two words, absolutely not

As a "how to guide" i think it would be a bit rubbish.

However it would have the potential to be full of funny anecdotes. That may make it appeal more.

It certainly wouldn't be something anyone could take seriously. Contributors would need to have a thick skin too.

That may rule out a large number of fabbers!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Yes I would if the subject interested me enough.

It's not really something I'd aim at Fab Members. Definately not something that'd be aimed at most of the commenters on this thread, who to be fair, are already experienced enough to know their own answers.

It's more of a guide to help those who don't. Which in my personal experience, tends to be the majority of people I know.

No, I didn't agree with this person initially and don't agree with everything they say. Doesn't mean we can't collaborate.

You're all reinforcing their opinion though. So I guess there is something in what you're all saying... Unfortunately

How would you know that what people are telling you is useful if you have no experience yourself?

Personally, I think anything to do with sex is a trial and error thing.

You can teach someone how to tie ropes properly and safely, but not the connection between the two people it involves.

I suppose you could do some anatomy explanation, and some info on techniques, but that is how this awful "getting women to squirt" phenomena came about.

What would the chapters of the book be?

No internet full of that sort of stuff free

"It's not really something I'd aim at Fab Members. Definately not something that'd be aimed at most of the commenters on this thread, who to be fair, are already experienced enough to know their own answers.

It's more of a guide to help those who don't. Which in my personal experience, tends to be the majority of people I know.

No, I didn't agree with this person initially and don't agree with everything they say. Doesn't mean we can't collaborate.

You're all reinforcing their opinion though. So I guess there is something in what you're all saying... Unfortunately "

If youre looking at marketing it to "outsiders" then the facts mean nothing its going ro be purely down to is your writing style entertaining and enjoyable and just how willing you are to throw fabswingers and its members under the bus.

Thoughts?"

Please go ahead with it - I want a sign copy! It would definitely be my bedtime reading material.

"It's not really something I'd aim at Fab Members. Definately not something that'd be aimed at most of the commenters on this thread, who to be fair, are already experienced enough to know their own answers.

You're all reinforcing their opinion though. So I guess there is something in what you're all saying... Unfortunately

If youre looking at marketing it to "outsiders" then the facts mean nothing its going ro be purely down to is your writing style entertaining and enjoyable and just how willing you are to throw fabswingers and its members under the bus."

And don't go down the 50 Shades route.

You're all reinforcing their opinion though. So I guess there is something in what you're all saying... Unfortunately "

If it's not something to aim at fab members then you're asking the wrong people.

I may act the fool in the Forum, but I'm not an idiot

Well its hard to answer as you keep moving the goal posts at this point"

Be adaptable

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

I'd buy a Wikipedia book (Fab version)... just to de-cypher some of the terms on here.

So, you're thinking of writing a book for people who have no idea about swinging/BDSM etc to show them how it's done, who does it and how it affects them?

If youre looking at marketing it to "outsiders" then the facts mean nothing its going ro be purely down to is your writing style entertaining and enjoyable and just how willing you are to throw fabswingers and its members under the bus.

And don't go down the 50 Shades route."

What? If your trying to sell a book you 100% go down the 50 shades route it made millions as did the dozens of knock offs.

Dont go down the 50 shades route is advice on how to fail

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Will it have a lot of pictures in it?

It's a no from me

You've got nothing to lose!

Worth a try!

"How would you know that what people are telling you is useful if you have no experience yourself?

Personally, I think anything to do with sex is a trial and error thing.

You can teach someone how to tie ropes properly and safely, but not the connection between the two people it involves.

I suppose you could do some anatomy explanation, and some info on techniques, but that is how this awful "getting women to squirt" phenomena came about.

What would the chapters of the book be?"

It wouldn't be a sure fire way of being successful in bed. More a guide on how to get the best out of yourself.

Chapters.. anything and everything like I mentioned in first post.

I'm imagining a factual Encyclopedic guide complete with graphics, illustrations, photos, personal accounts, to give it some life.. not just fact fact fact

I'm not saying I know all the answers, far from it..

Just credit me with enough intelligence and social skills, to be able to interview plenty of people and include their views, experiences and outlooks. Not just my own and that of the other person.

Not attempting to be a know-it-all-sex-Guru. Just... If I'd got my hands on a book like I'm attempting to describe.. aged 18, my life may have gone a whole different route entirely.

If I had someone who knew their stuff, telling me it's ok to be bisexual, ok to experiment, that people will still like me if I'm kind and caring. Why some things work with some people but don't with others. What the difference between confidence and arrogance is? How does S&M differ to S&D etc.

Yes I eventually found that stuff out through experience, which IS the best way in my opinion. Some of it COUKD have been a lot less painful than it needed to be though.

That's my only real intention really, to help others and get my creative bug off my back.

If it's not something to aim at fab members then you're asking the wrong people. "

Am I? There are lots of clever people posting. I don't ask stupid people for advice.

If it's not something to aim at fab members then you're asking the wrong people.

Am I? There are lots of clever people posting. I don't ask stupid people for advice."

People usualy ask thier target audience

Am I? There are lots of clever people posting. I don't ask stupid people for advice."

Well just looking at the comments people are against the idea because they don't feel they would find it useful. Maybe ask those you're targeting the book at to see if there is interest? Know your market.

"Lol.. well this is going down well "
like a lead balloon

By *utie91Woman  over a year ago

Hitchin

I considered writing a book..... I chose not to in the end due to not having the patience. Lol

What I have done instead is made a blog.

I’ve written quite a few articles now... how to guides. Definitions, Bdsm, equipment and uses. Clothing. Fetishes, reviews. And more

I figured, at least this way I can get some of my knowledge out there with out giving up on a full book. So each topic I write about gets posted up when finished. And I’ve even got followers

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Nope .... I manage quite well by myself

When most information can be found through the click of a button and the preponderance of sex related sites around, I can’t see anyone buying a physical book.

Nevermind. Thankyou all for your input.

[Removed by poster at 26/01/19 12:16:18]

"I considered writing a book..... I chose not to in the end due to not having the patience. Lol

I’ve written quite a few articles now... how to guides. Definitions, Bdsm, equipment and uses. Clothing. Fetishes, reviews. And more

I figured, at least this way I can get some of my knowledge out there with out giving up on a full book. So each topic I write about gets posted up when finished. And I’ve even got followers "

That may be a way forward for me instead. Would you mind sending me a link?

I find the forums a good read

And don't go down the 50 Shades route.

What? If your trying to sell a book you 100% go down the 50 shades route it made millions as did the dozens of knock offs.

Dont go down the 50 shades route is advice on how to fail "

But all it will do is send middle aged sex starved women into a frenzy and have them dragging their poor husbands down to the shed for a bit of tool time

"I considered writing a book..... I chose not to in the end due to not having the patience. Lol

I figured, at least this way I can get some of my knowledge out there with out giving up on a full book. So each topic I write about gets posted up when finished. And I’ve even got followers "

Are any of them women?

(yes, I'm a cynical bastard).

By *nk_and_starrCouple  over a year ago

cheltenham

That’s a really good idea! I find blogs much easier to read than books, I can read a blog post through out the day and always have my phone with me

Karmasutric- Would it not put us all in a difficult position!

Podcast? Nearly everyone i know now listens instead of reads

"Podcast? Nearly everyone i know now listens instead of reads "

I'd like to do that as well. I've only heard American ones presented by 20-somethings who seem to know very little.

Not sure now.

"I find the forums a good read "

Lol oh I....

I’ll get the audio book for when I’m struggling to sleep.

If it had pictures in it it would be full of penis shots & hairy arses with me me me chapters

"If it had pictures in it it would be full of penis shots & hairy arses with me me me chapters "

No it wouldn't, because I'd have been writing it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

no. im 53 years of age ive been doing stuff all my sexual life. Doubt a book written by a couple of formites will help.

However their a lots of blogs sites podcasts to get free information from. There was a mature couple that used to be on here that wrote books about all the different swinging clubs in britian and abroad and i think their books are quite successful

» Add a new message to this topic