FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Smear Test part 6

Smear Test part 6

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *urls and Dresses OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Just had my smear test, when did you ladies last have yours or when are you due?

According to the nurse my last was in 2013, I feel sick that it’s been that long and having seen many complications with things down below I’m annoyed with myself even more.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

Mine was 2 weeks ago just waiting for results, have never missed one yet

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mines on Tuesday next week - tested every 3 years.

I had my womb and cervix removed in 2017... so I escape the procedure now.. I used to go regular as clockwork.. don't want my kids being orphaned if I can prevent it

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'll probably only get one more according to NHS guidelines but I've never missed one and have always encouraged our daughter to keep her appointments and to not feel embarrassed about seeing medical professionals about any gynae problems.

I'm always surprised that people who will happily show their all to someone with an NVQ in hair and beauty when they get waxed are shy about the nurse.

My last one was 6 months ago and was all clear..

Being over 50 it only occurs every 5 yrs

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Just a few months back

I have to go yearly due to previous laser treatment for pre cancer cells

My nan had the same but it never went further than that so hoping I will be the same

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Can't remember exactly, but my GP reminds me and I go. I think I'm in the less often category as I had the full set of cervical cancer vaccines.

Had mine last November. Have to wait 3+ months for results.

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

"Can't remember exactly, but my GP reminds me and I go. I think I'm in the less often category as I had the full set of cervical cancer vaccines. "

Still need to go every 3 years as that only prevents certain type oc cervical cancer

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Can't remember exactly, but my GP reminds me and I go. I think I'm in the less often category as I had the full set of cervical cancer vaccines.

Still need to go every 3 years as that only prevents certain type oc cervical cancer"

I do what my GP says. They were talking about making me less frequent, but I'll follow their advice whatever it is.

Have a very close relative who had hot colposcopy treatment following a regular smear test, adverse result and cold colposcopy treatments. She's all clear and very happy with her treatment.

This is in the news again.

I know someone who hasn't been for a smear test in 12 years.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I’m all up to date, every 6 months as CIN3 pre-cancerous cells too often. Having a total hysterectomy next month & can’t wait!!

J

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Just had mine yesterday, about a year overdue

Had mine Monday very overdue

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

I’m very fortunate to be here thanks to cervical screening. I was given laser treatment for precancerous cells aged 19. Afterwards I was put on 6 month check ups. Very quickly I developed a phobia of having them done, I left if over 10 years!

When my ex husband and I were seeking fertility treatment my gp refused to refer until I had a smear test done, I think she had suspected something amiss after an examination. She saved my life! I was diagnosed with cancer, fortunately it was removed successfully and I needed no further treatment.

I still have the phobia but with the help of a great nurse at my surgery, a mild sedation I’m getting really anxious and hubby holding my hand I get through it. I’ve finally got the all clear and been put onto the normal screening schedule after several years of 6 month and then yearly checks

By *ristolcouple21Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

I’m not sure actually.. I must becoming up due for one soon though.. will call the GP tomorrow to check, I haven’t missed one yet!

My sister didn’t have a smear for about 6/7 years and when Jade Goody died she finally went and unfortunately had an abnormal result. Thankfully she had the treatment is is all clear!

I'm a fair few years overdue.

I'm booked in 2nd April.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

October last year at local SH clinic - got it done while having my regular checks.

Despite telling my GPs several times, I still get a letter off them every month telling me on overdue!

I’m up to date on my smears, but currently being tested for ovarian cancer as I’ve got some of the symptoms and my grandmother had it x

"I’m up to date on my smears, but currently being tested for ovarian cancer as I’ve got some of the symptoms and my grandmother had it x "

Hoping all goes well Ang and you get the all clear. X

"I’m up to date on my smears, but currently being tested for ovarian cancer as I’ve got some of the symptoms and my grandmother had it x "

Hope alls well Angie x

Thanks ladies x

By *iss.HoneyWoman  over a year ago

"I'm a fair few years overdue.

I'm booked in 2nd April."

Just been

By *iker babe 777Couple  over a year ago

Plymouth

All done in Feb

Results all good so that’s it for another 3 yrs

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Oh Angie I hope you are well looked after!! As soon as I’m cleared to drive I’ll come for that coffee xxx J x

Had mine last August and all clear.

Im due mine, I keep forgetting though.

Last summer.

Pop a valium, take a friend along. ...do whatever it takes to get through it but don't not go for Christ's sake!

Had mine just over a fortnight ago, was expecting the results this week. I was 5 years overdue, so 8 years since my last.

I'm nervous, I can't deny it

P

Just had results from my recent smear need to go back for colonoscopy not gonna lie I feel sick I'm scared it's come back xx

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

"Just had results from my recent smear need to go back for colonoscopy not gonna lie I feel sick I'm scared it's come back xx"

I had colposcopy after smear results, made me wait over 5wks,turned out was low oestrogen.

By *urls and Dresses OP   Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

"Just had results from my recent smear need to go back for colonoscopy not gonna lie I feel sick I'm scared it's come back xx"

Sending huge hugs. It's more common than you may realise and often becomes nothing. Hope you're ok x

"Just had results from my recent smear need to go back for colonoscopy not gonna lie I feel sick I'm scared it's come back xx

I had colposcopy after smear results, made me wait over 5wks,turned out was low oestrogen. "

Ah right ok im pleased your ok xx

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Big hugs Kat, not nice at all, fingers crossed for you xxx

Preston

Mine was due last month but I got the letter too late to get an appointment for mid cycle. I was busy this month so I’ll be having it in September. I’ll book it as soon as I’m back off holiday

"Just had results from my recent smear need to go back for colonoscopy not gonna lie I feel sick I'm scared it's come back xx

Sending huge hugs. It's more common than you may realise and often becomes nothing. Hope you're ok x"

Thanks for the hugs I'm feeling really shitty xx

Big hugs Kat, not nice at all, fingers crossed for you xxx"

Thanks xx

"Mine was due last month but I got the letter too late to get an appointment for mid cycle. I was busy this month so I’ll be having it in September. I’ll book it as soon as I’m back off holiday "

Please make sure you do xx

Oh heck, fingers crossed it’s just something minor. X

Preston

"Mine was due last month but I got the letter too late to get an appointment for mid cycle. I was busy this month so I’ll be having it in September. I’ll book it as soon as I’m back off holiday

Please make sure you do xx"

Don’t worry I’m all about compliance and prevention when it comes to medical matters

Oh heck, fingers crossed it’s just something minor. X "

Yeah x

"Mine was due last month but I got the letter too late to get an appointment for mid cycle. I was busy this month so I’ll be having it in September. I’ll book it as soon as I’m back off holiday

Don’t worry I’m all about compliance and prevention when it comes to medical matters "

That's good to hear xx

I had my first ever one about 2 years ago. I don't think I'm due for another just yet.

"I had my first ever one about 2 years ago. I don't think I'm due for another just yet."

Normally every 3 years xx

"I had my first ever one about 2 years ago. I don't think I'm due for another just yet.

Normally every 3 years xx"

Thanks Kat, years and years ago I opted out of getting reminder letters through the post as it traumatized me so I'm not sure they'll send me one now if the opt out still stands.

Chester

"I had my first ever one about 2 years ago. I don't think I'm due for another just yet.

Normally every 3 years xx"

Then every 5 years once your 50

By *DreamOfGenieWoman  over a year ago

London

Just booked my appointment for my first one. Fuck knows why I've avoided it for so long, especially with a history of cancer in the family. I'm annoyed with myself.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Last month. Not going to lie, it did hurt briefly but that's probably down to my slightly odd anatomy. Anyway, that discomfort is worth it in the long run I think.

Thanks Kat, years and years ago I opted out of getting reminder letters through the post as it traumatized me so I'm not sure they'll send me one now if the opt out still stands."

Can you not opt back in please make sure you go I know it's embarrassing and can be a little uncomfortable but it's only a few minutes xx

Then every 5 years once your 50"

"Just booked my appointment for my first one. Fuck knows why I've avoided it for so long, especially with a history of cancer in the family. I'm annoyed with myself."

You've took the first step xx

"Last month. Not going to lie, it did hurt briefly but that's probably down to my slightly odd anatomy. Anyway, that discomfort is worth it in the long run I think."

It is xx

Chester

Nurse at last smear complemented me on my smoothness lol. Mine don't hurt just feel cold and a slight drag sensation if anything. Colposcopy if you need one was painless and interesting watching live TV show of your cervix

Preston

Don’t worry I’m all about compliance and prevention when it comes to medical matters

That's good to hear xx"

I’ve booked it x

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Just booked my appointment for my first one. Fuck knows why I've avoided it for so long, especially with a history of cancer in the family. I'm annoyed with myself."

Try not to worry. There’s no evidence of cervical cancer correlating with other cancers. It’s mainly caused by the high risk strains of the HPV virus, which is what they test for now.

That's good to hear xx

I’ve booked it x"

Good news xx

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I had a clear result in July, so now I am back to annual checks rather than 6 monthly

"I had a clear result in July, so now I am back to annual checks rather than 6 monthly "

That's good news x

By *ocodoughnutgirlWoman  over a year ago

Sea of jelly and doughnuts

Just had my results back last week, now have to have yearly checks due to abnormal cells.

Had this before in my early twenties where it was yearly checks then had a Colposcopy.... My next is in a year.

I have yearly checks because my first two came back abnormal and although the colposcopy came back all clear, they keep an eye on me. Should have it this month or next x

By *aughtyNipplesWoman  over a year ago

newport, shrops

I fell off the radar after my 2nd child who is now four

...thanks to the re-campaign if urged me to chase it up.

Anyway, that was 2 months ago and I'm luckily, all clear xx

Mines next year. Cervical cancer is very popular in my family, my aunt died at 32 of it and my mum had it. I was diagnosed with CIN3 at 23 yeard old... 2 year before i was illegally aloud a test. If it wasnt for a very good doctor, things would be so different for me now. Please remember to get checked ladies

Mine was earlier in the year and I always go for mine every 3 years, this time I had 3x lol the 1st my cervix was playing hide and seek and won, 2nd didn’t get enough cells, 3rd I had to wait 6 month for cells to grow back and all was good x

By *harliebbwWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

mine is due Jan. I am sure there is a joke there

Preston

That's good to hear xx

I’ve booked it x

Good news xx"

I’ve had my smear which now tests for HPV. This should mean that changes in the cervix are picked up much more quickly, as those testing positive will have a repeat smear in a year

All clear last Summer. Great of you to post a reminder so important!

"

I’ve had my smear which now tests for HPV. "

That's interesting! I wasn't aware. Wonder when did it start?

Preston

"

I’ve had my smear which now tests for HPV.

That's interesting! I wasn't aware. Wonder when did it start?"

They’ve recently rolled it out nationwide following trials

Thanks i will look it up!

Preston

"Thanks i will look it up!"

https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/hpv-testing-could-be-more-accurate-smear-tests-initial-screening-cervical-cancer/

That’s the info about the RCT

I need to book mine. Thanks for the reminder x

So I had my colposcopy today they took some biopsies and been arranged to have a MRI and back to see consultant in 2 weeks xx

"So I had my colposcopy today they took some biopsies and been arranged to have a MRI and back to see consultant in 2 weeks xx"

Fingers crossed everything is ok kat x

I can finally have one!

I’m asking for one at my six week check (which is in three weeks). I’m too young to actually have one, but they give them to all those who have given birth. Yay!

"So I had my colposcopy today they took some biopsies and been arranged to have a MRI and back to see consultant in 2 weeks xx

Fingers crossed everything is ok kat x "

Thanks Angie xx

Im surprised they dont have a photo of mine on the wall in the clinic I've had so many , lletz or whatever it was called when i was younger so every 6 months for a bit, then hpv so more frequent, then nurses not familiar with lletz scarring so colposcopy again, biopsies, more abnormal cells, got another booked tomorrow and had some unexplained bleeding so a little nervous

Tbh if i need treatment i will be annoyed that they didn't just refer me back in april when they sent me a letter saying you have an abnormal result please return in 4 months , then you lose track of time and then cant get an appointment and next thing you know nearly 6 has gone by

I must be due one I’m sure I had one not long after my youngest was born and he’s just 4

Ever heard of them refusing a test before the 6 months wait? I had abnormal in april, i thought the letter said come back 4 months but must have said 6 , anyway i went due to irregular bleeding and was refused a smear because i am 10 days before the 6 months since last one its 3 months for a new non emergency appointment so how do you think im managing to come back in 10 days? Oh just go to your gp instead

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I never miss one after they found abnormal cells when I was in my early twenties, I was on yearly tests for about ten years...i'm due for my next one next september

Got my reminder today. Can't go just yet though, mother nature here for gawd knows how long

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"I never miss one after they found abnormal cells when I was in my early twenties, I was on yearly tests for about ten years...i'm due for my next one next september "

Hope all goes well for you x

My last one was a bit dodgy, so I need an advanced repeat after Christmas. It's good they picked it up though. I've lost so many people to cancer.

By *ylvie 888Woman  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"Just had my smear test, when did you ladies last have yours or when are you due?

According to the nurse my last was in 2013, I feel sick that it’s been that long and having seen many complications with things down below I’m annoyed with myself even more."

Had one earlier this year. Never an issue. Always the same woman.

B38

"My last one was a bit dodgy, so I need an advanced repeat after Christmas. It's good they picked it up though. I've lost so many people to cancer. "

early diagnosis is good...hope is well for you x

Preston

Big sigh of relief, results are back I’m HPV negative

B38

That is great news, so pleased for you x

Preston

"That is great news, so pleased for you x"

Thank you, the new testing is so much better

"That is great news, so pleased for you x

Thank you, the new testing is so much better "

Wish the appointment system was

Just got my letter through for colposcopy and 6 months after an abnormal smear, and a month of abnormal bleeding, i have to wait another 2 months for an appointment

The last time i had lletz i actually thought it was an appointment error and would be sent home, i had been there 4 weeks earlier with no issues and sent away with some gels to sort out my ph balance , the appointment from my smear result then came through and they said just come back in just incase and it has progressed so much in 4 weeks i had cells removed there and then

so how on earth can they justify an 8 month wait now ... im going to go private to try get seen quicker

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

It’s back in the news as 1 in 4 of eligible women don’t have their smear test. Hope everyone is uptodate with theirs.

Got mine in the morning. Only my second one ever. Its difficult with having vaginismus but the nurse lets me put the spec in.

» Add a new message to this topic