FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Trying to be heard

Trying to be heard

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Following on from another thread and expressing how I'm feeling recently about the forums, is everyone just wanting to be seen and heard above and at the expense of others?

I've noticed increasingly recently that it seems that people only want to be seen and heard irrespective of the thread title or topic. Perhaps I'm becoming tired of the sniping and negative comments on posts.

Much as I'm aware that this is only an internet forum and is just a small part of my life, I've always found enjoyment in posting, replying and contributing to the forum community. However that community seems less and less these days.

Thoughts folks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

It happens all the time on here its best not to dwell on it!.....Hang on OP are you trying to be heard with this thread??

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes there are one or two, but then again I'd have no one to bitch about

There has always been the mouthpieces on here.

They often get a permanent ban, after winding people up and getting them banned.

I try to ignore them.

There are some who post inane or irrelevant comments too.

Some seem to enjoy making fun of single men who ask a perfectly reasonable question.

I find it amusing that when a man is a dick on the forums people say they have committed Fab suicide, but when a woman does it nothing is said.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

You just throw a little grenade in to a thread.

Manchester (he/him)

"It happens all the time on here its best not to dwell on it!.....Hang on OP are you trying to be heard with this thread??"

I love the way a thread takes on a life of its own and goes off any direction. Must be very annoying for the OP at times.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There are several people who don't fit the m.o. you describe. Look for them, I do

"There are some who post inane or irrelevant comments too.

Some seem to enjoy making fun of single men who ask a perfectly reasonable question.

I find it amusing that when a man is a dick on the forums people say they have committed Fab suicide, but when a woman does it nothing is said. "

I like you

"I love the way a thread takes on a life of its own and goes off any direction. Must be very annoying for the OP at times."

That's why I post stupid threads,you can't go wrong with a stupid thread

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"I love the way a thread takes on a life of its own and goes off any direction. Must be very annoying for the OP at times.

That's why I post stupid threads,you can't go wrong with a stupid thread "

Stupid is as stupid does.

"I love the way a thread takes on a life of its own and goes off any direction. Must be very annoying for the OP at times.

That's why I post stupid threads,you can't go wrong with a stupid thread Stupid is as stupid does."

Correct,how can a thread about broccoli descend into chaos,it can't....simples

apart from ignorable rude people on here ,Ive found on these forums -Britain still has the best sense of humour-nationwide. Some very clever humour on here.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I couldn't give two hoots basically, I only post utter bollox on here really

"I couldn't give two hoots basically, I only post utter bollox on here really "

I've noticed

I have no opinion, but felt compelled to comment.

One thing I’ve noticed is people moan about the same old threads, but if someone thinks outside the box, these threads barely make double digits. But a BBW thread or a marry, snog, avoid type thread, fill up in no time and always follow the same formula. People really are creatures of habit.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"One thing I’ve noticed is people moan about the same old threads, but if someone thinks outside the box, these threads barely make double digits. But a BBW thread or a marry, snog, avoid type thread, fill up in no time and always follow the same formula. People really are creatures of habit. "

I've not found that to be true. I post random stuff on a regular basis, generally everyone plays nicely and the threads get into double digits and beyond.

It's been a full moon this week tho and you can tell by some of the snarky narks about.

I just avoid their threads and stick to the ones that amuse me.

"One thing I’ve noticed is people moan about the same old threads, but if someone thinks outside the box, these threads barely make double digits. But a BBW thread or a marry, snog, avoid type thread, fill up in no time and always follow the same formula. People really are creatures of habit.

I've not found that to be true. I post random stuff on a regular basis, generally everyone plays nicely and the threads get into double digits and beyond.

It's been a full moon this week tho and you can tell by some of the snarky narks about.

I just avoid their threads and stick to the ones that amuse me."

Please say a broccoli thread

"One thing I’ve noticed is people moan about the same old threads, but if someone thinks outside the box, these threads barely make double digits. But a BBW thread or a marry, snog, avoid type thread, fill up in no time and always follow the same formula. People really are creatures of habit.

Please say a broccoli thread"

And also,can I bite your ass please,ta

By *_Yeah19Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

We just post on things that are interesting or relevant. Most of our posts get overlooked it seems but that’s fine, not here to win a popularity contest

TB

Sorry

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

The people you speak of never got past the toddler stage of ,any attention , even negative is better than no attention.

And they live their lives thus.

It's a shame.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Please say a broccoli thread

And also,can I bite your ass please,ta"

The bite your ass thread is over there

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I couldn't give two hoots basically, I only post utter bollox on here really

I've noticed"

Cheers mate

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Can't really say it's any different now to when I first stumbled across the forums many moons ago. Posters come and posters go, some never to return, some that rise like a phoenix from the flames while some others reincarnate with boring regularity.

The same goes for the thread topics that are recurring but like the profiles on Fab in general, we just choose which ones we interact with or post on and leave the rest in cyberspace.

By *electableDalliancesCouple  over a year ago

leeds

"The people you speak of never got past the toddler stage of ,any attention , even negative is better than no attention.

And they live their lives thus.

It's a shame. "

To clarify I mean the people who leave nasty comments on threads x

Lot of attention whores here tbh op and prob more so the guys

(Ladies I'm not calling you the w word obvs it's just a saying)

Some of the guys are on here that much it makes you wonder if

A have they actually got a job in that real world out there ?

B do they actually do some of that fucking thing we all love

C do they post because they genuinely enjoy it like me and love the banter n laughter

D or is it simply to get them more air time?

And lastly E did they miss out on a lorra alorra love as a child cause it's only an internet forum not life

Not really said much about the ladies think there all nice n friendly but yes a few AW'S aswell and do they ever meet for no strings attached sexy time or are they using this site like a Facebook group

* full suit of armour on but I've always been one to tell it how it is and none of those punches pulled jay

Manchester (he/him)

"Can't really say it's any different now to when I first stumbled across the forums many moons ago. Posters come and posters go, some never to return, some that rise like a phoenix from the flames while some others reincarnate with boring regularity.

The same goes for the thread topics that are recurring but like the profiles on Fab in general, we just choose which ones we interact with or post on and leave the rest in cyberspace."

I'm not sure that I necessarily agree that it's always been this way. I'm not looking back with rose tinted glasses as when I first started posting the forums could be brutal, but there seemed to be fewer people just wanting to be seen at all costs

Manchester (he/him)

That's why I post stupid threads,you can't go wrong with a stupid thread Stupid is as stupid does.

Correct,how can a thread about broccoli descend into chaos,it can't....simples"

There's nothing wrong with a contentious subject thread, I've posted a few in my time. I think it's the 'I don't care what anyone else says' attitude and the bullying that has got me wondering

That's why I post stupid threads,you can't go wrong with a stupid thread Stupid is as stupid does.

There's nothing wrong with a contentious subject thread, I've posted a few in my time. I think it's the 'I don't care what anyone else says' attitude and the bullying that has got me wondering "

I agree when you see some of the comments and replies it makes me wonder how said people even get meets but the like attracts like I suppose . I don’t think some people realise that a forum is an exchange of different opinions, not a my opinion is more valid than yours pissing contest.

"One thing I’ve noticed is people moan about the same old threads, but if someone thinks outside the box, these threads barely make double digits. But a BBW thread or a marry, snog, avoid type thread, fill up in no time and always follow the same formula. People really are creatures of habit. "

They habitually try to get someone to notice them, so they can get sex?

Should I post more or less cock pics?

As Winston Churchill one said, a fanatic can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

A lot post what they want to say irrespective of the subject matter and will drag threads off topic because they want to be heard.

There's nothing wrong with a contentious subject thread, I've posted a few in my time. I think it's the 'I don't care what anyone else says' attitude and the bullying that has got me wondering "

They can sometimes take over a thread and close it down, before other people have finished their input.

They habitually try to get someone to notice them, so they can get sex?"

Isn't that the point of the site?

Manchester (he/him)

They habitually try to get someone to notice them, so they can get sex?"

Massively off topic but I wonder if anyone has ever got sex from commenting 'fuck' to someone...

Manchester (he/him)

"Should I post more or less cock pics?

As Winston Churchill one said, a fanatic can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

A lot post what they want to say irrespective of the subject matter and will drag threads off topic because they want to be heard."

Essentially what the thread is about, yes.

I haven’t been coming on as much (I’m sleeping ten hours a night, working and squeezing a nap in between) and I’ve only been using the forums for a year but I actually think it’s decreased.

But maybe I’m not reading the right threads

I genuinely think that some people simply forget that yes this is virtual and not real world but there are still very real people on the end of these comments and threads.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

It seems better than the last time I was on. Not so much arguing (unless i’ve missed it).

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Can't really say it's any different now to when I first stumbled across the forums many moons ago. Posters come and posters go, some never to return, some that rise like a phoenix from the flames while some others reincarnate with boring regularity.

The same goes for the thread topics that are recurring but like the profiles on Fab in general, we just choose which ones we interact with or post on and leave the rest in cyberspace."

Nail. Head.

I'm sure there's plenty here from a decade ago that I'd recognise if they were still using the same profile names.

And it's rare that there is a totally original thread - but given the years the forums have been running that's to be expected. Few I suspect ever use the 'search' facility and if a thread isn't original so what? The responses may well be.

A

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Following on from another thread and expressing how I'm feeling recently about the forums, is everyone just wanting to be seen and heard above and at the expense of others?

I've noticed increasingly recently that it seems that people only want to be seen and heard irrespective of the thread title or topic. Perhaps I'm becoming tired of the sniping and negative comments on posts.

Much as I'm aware that this is only an internet forum and is just a small part of my life, I've always found enjoyment in posting, replying and contributing to the forum community. However that community seems less and less these days.

Thoughts folks? "

Cluster B.....

I think there's always been people like that. Could be an ego boost thing but I see ego boosts as a positive not a negative. If it helps the person then good.

I'll answer this thread when it's repeated in five years time but not been here long enough to pass constructive comment. As a relative newbie it can be a bit daunting when you do see some of the scraps and I am selective on what I comment on. Yep the attention seeking is plain to see and avoided by me but some good advice and knowledge flows through the forum posts for sure.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

In all honesty I don't think this place is any different from any other forum on the internet, no matter the subject matter - you get the same type of people on all of them.

Some of those people will be attention seekers, some will be outright odd, some will be full of BS for the sake of BS, others will be aggressive and opinionated and many more "types" including those who just get on with it, post sensible and balanced things and enjoy the forum for what it is.

And it's no different here - I've been a member of the site and the forums for nearly 3 years now and individual people have come and gone in that time, but the types of people remain.

As for content, yes some of it is mindless drivel, some of it is interesting, and some of it has been done many times before, yet I keep coming back as the underlying subject matter fascinates me, and to an extent liberates me - if I see a thread I don't like the look of, I move on to the next one.

Likewise if there's a poster grandstanding for attention, unless they have a point worthy of countering, I tend to roll my eyes and ignore.

By *educedWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Smile and wave. Smile and wave.

» Add a new message to this topic