FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If You Could Write a Letter to Your Younger Self

If You Could Write a Letter to Your Younger Self

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rs Ravensong OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

Good morning you beautiful people,

I hit the half century milestone recently, it sounds ridiculous to me as I really don't feel anywhere near my age. One of the realisations I've found that comes with age, is that the things that I worried about when I was younger, really aren't worth losing any sleep over. Age gives us a different perspective on life, and personally, I find that that focuses my attention on the things that are really important - being myself without worrying about what other people think of me, valuing the people in my life and the experiences I have rather than material things, being a couple of examples.

If I could give my young self some advice, it would be to be myself and stand proud in the face of disapproval or criticism, to seek out the people who accept me for who I am, and don't try to change me to suit themselves better. No-one has the perfect blueprint for life, we're all generally just trying to do our best to make it through in one piece, with our sanity relatively intact.

If you could write a letter to your younger self, what nugget of wisdom would you impart?

V x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Learn to be able to say "No" once in a while .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Be honest with yourself and stop trying to please everyone else

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I wouldn't bother because younger me wouldn't open it . What I know now is down to life's lessons and experiences, younger me needed to go through that.

If I absolutely had to I would just write "enjoy!"

"I wouldn't bother because younger me wouldn't open it . What I know now is down to life's lessons and experiences, younger me needed to go through that.

If I absolutely had to I would just write "enjoy!""

I agree with all this very much!

I would tell my younger self to start to travel at 18 instead of 26.

And to kick all of those high maintenance relationships to the kerb!

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Firstly, please allow me OP to send you my best wishes and congratulations.

You look absolutely amazing and so much younger than your age - your finger sucking 27 July image is particularly erotic

Here's what I would write;

'Enjoy your body

use it in every way you can...

don't be afraid of it, or what other people think of it

it's the greatest instrument you'll ever own'

"Good morning you beautiful people,

I hit the half century milestone recently, it sounds ridiculous to me as I really don't feel anywhere near my age. One of the realisations I've found that comes with age, is that the things that I worried about when I was younger, really aren't worth losing any sleep over. Age gives us a different perspective on life, and personally, I find that that focuses my attention on the things that are really important - being myself without worrying about what other people think of me, valuing the people in my life and the experiences I have rather than material things, being a couple of examples.

If I could give my young self some advice, it would be to be myself and stand proud in the face of disapproval or criticism, to seek out the people who accept me for who I am, and don't try to change me to suit themselves better. No-one has the perfect blueprint for life, we're all generally just trying to do our best to make it through in one piece, with our sanity relatively intact.

If you could write a letter to your younger self, what nugget of wisdom would you impart?

V x"

Have just hit the same milestone here. I used to have a lot of hang ups about my youth, my wild, reckless and often dangerous behaviour but, having worried about it, if I had to write to my younger self then I would say just do it! I wouldn’t want to change a thing

Dear me,

Euromillions. £150m jackpot on (*insert date here*)

Make sure you buy a ticket with the following numbers ....

» Add a new message to this topic