FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > retailers piss you off?

retailers piss you off?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hort4jcat OP   Couple  over a year ago

harwich

Hi everyone. Me and my hubby jcat has been on this site since it started in 2004.

The swinging life is not what I would like to to discuss in this tread.

I feel like I am paddling up steam in head wind and with only one paddle when it comes to get help from medical centres, optitions, council, etc. if you have a story to share, or just want to vent your frustration. Feel free.

Here is my story.

I have worn glasses since the age of 12, and I have a very unusual eye shape, so at first when contact lences came out I could not use them due to this, then monthly lences came out took 4 years after launch they actually could offer them in my prescription. Talking about feeling like a leper lol. I have butted heads with local optitions and now I am going to a bigger town they might be more flexeble. the last one I have been to actually laughed at me behind my back in the back ground when I asked for head office phone number but they can't give me their number? company policy. what a load of balony. So I am taking my custom else where. remember if you find yourself in a similar possition, the customer has the upper hand you can choose not to go there use that right more often and say to mangerers in the shop when you are un satisfied, if it was as easey to do with men eh lol.

TC all of you. Looking forward to your stories.

CC and JC xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any service that falls short of your expectations, you should take your custom elsewhere.

But only after you have given them a chance to do what you expect.

I too struggled with astigmatism in both eyes and had to wait for the weighted lenses then four years ago I had laser treatment

Best four grand I have ever spent xx

By *toneblueMan  over a year ago

Southampton

Have you looked online? You'll find everything that's available and cheaper than the high street, i wouldn't bother with high st opticians other than for eye tests.

I'm sorry, its policy to NOT give out company HQ numbers to customers for complaints?

Either that person thought you meant the actual phone # to the company suits or something else entirely but saying to a customer "nah m8 we cant give you a number" can get you fired.

I should know, I worked in retail and you can cause all sorts of aggro for the muppets on the shop floor if you set a good case when complaining.

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Can you not find the complaints contact details on line, or phone another branch for the HQ number (and then call HQ to tell them that you have taken your custom elsewhere)? If you call another branch (be careful if they ask your name as they may have a central database), perhaps say that you are thinking of moving to them, but you don't want to use a company that distances itself from customer sertvice, so could you have the contact details now in case you have any queries in the future.

Good luck

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Write an Email marked for the attention of the managing director of the company. The address will be on their website.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Can you not find the complaints contact details on line, or phone another branch for the HQ number (and then call HQ to tell them that you have taken your custom elsewhere)? If you call another branch (be careful if they ask your name as they may have a central database), perhaps say that you are thinking of moving to them, but you don't want to use a company that distances itself from customer sertvice, so could you have the contact details now in case you have any queries in the future.

Good luck"

This.

brecon

"Write an Email marked for the attention of the managing director of the company. The address will be on their website. "

Or this.

brecon

Roll up, roll up, buy the best selling book "The lazy mans forum users handbook"... £19.99 plus post and packing!

» Add a new message to this topic