FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > On the dole

On the dole

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know there's been topics similar recently but would like to see if I'm the only one to get right chuffed off bout this...

Person on my FB, no job, no intention of working, out every weekend on the piss, gym membership and has now stated that she's goin to Gran Canaria for Gay Pride weekend this year. Considering she is 100% fit to work, the fact that both of us work full time and can't live a life like that, am I right to be really pissed off or am I just jealous of her being lucky to live for free? Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

You sure she claiming benefits?

Just because she not working doesn't mean she claiming...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

I do wonder how the hell they manage to do that myself when we both work our arses off

Is it really such good money on the dole as im sure its not that much

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

If they can self fund it or have a mummy and daddy to pay for it... lucky bastard, but hey who wouldn't.

If they are claiming benefit and then doing something they shouldn't be doing to get the dosh to pay for it... nail them to a wall and set their feet on fire.

"You sure she claiming benefits?

"

Yeah, every week (Tuesday) she moans about having to go down to joncentre to sign and that they make her job search x

*jobcentre bloody keypad x

Glasgow area

In that case she getting money from somewhere else...

No way job seekers allowance would cover half of that...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Either she's claiming every benefit she can, fruadulently or otherwise, or she's getting money from elsewhere. I could barely afford to eat when I signed on, let alone go on holiday.

Probably like the majority of full-time dole scroungers, she does cash in hand work. If she's claiming JSA, she can hardly search for jobs when she's on holiday, can she? Report her.

Red said that they don't have kids and won't pay rent so Mabye that's helping, but even so I reckon we get a few nights out here and there (babysitter depending) and had two holidays in 8 years...Mabye this working malarkey just isn't worth it...

Dont sound like the life style of someone whos not working, you only get £130 every two weeks on the dole as a single person, how can you afford to go out every week, afford the gym and holidays plus live on that? sounds like shes earning on the side to me

I don't know how ppl are going to take this but everyone is an individual and is a different case I'm not saying that if ppl cheat the system they should get away with it but I know tht there's a lot of non uk citizens tht come over here and do it and get away with it so I'm thinking if it's one of our own then so Beit

I wouldn't I'm like the rest work our arses of for nothing but I'd rather it went to our own than others

Hope haven't offended anyone

I'm gutted about it all thankfully we both work albeit red has to work away from home. I have friends who have lost their jobs, some with kids too and who are unbelievably keen to get back into work ASAP. Yet they are forced to live on very little whilst there isn't took my vacant jobs going. There is also the issue of only one getting a job and then not being able to support the family (benefit trap)

BUT, surely the gov should be able to monitor those who are living this carefree life? It's not fair on people struggling badly or those lucky enough to be working x

*too many vacant jobs fucking autocorrect!' x

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

been unemployed since 31st December and totally pee'd off already. God knows how many jobs I've applied for from Aberdeen to Falmouth, Dubai, Melbourne and Texas

I WANT A JOB!!!!!!

If the system allows it then why not do it?

The system is wrong not the people who take advantage of it

If I didn't have to work then there is no way I would

With me it's a little thing called pride but it don't apply to all

Worked all my life and now through circumstances I'm going bankrupt

If I'd just not have given a fuck from the start the system would have supported me

Where's my help now?

Self employed then no one wants to know

Their are genuine cases for benefits but the system needs changing because you will never change some people's attitudes ever

She must be getting her money from somwhere else, we've only claimed benefit for a few months in our lives but we would never have managed to live a life of riley on it. We struggled to simply pay bills.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"You sure she claiming benefits?

"

i was going to say that

I agree that people should claim all they are entitled to, be them working or other wise

The point is some claim whats not theirs to claim by either working on the side or lieing to get extra benifits, and thats wrong

"I don't know how ppl are going to take this but everyone is an individual and is a different case I'm not saying that if ppl cheat the system they should get away with it but I know tht there's a lot of non uk citizens tht come over here and do it and get away with it so I'm thinking if it's one of our own then so Beit

I wouldn't I'm like the rest work our arses of for nothing but I'd rather it went to our own than others

Hope haven't offended anyone"

No offence taken, but its like saying that if a burglar came into your home and robbed the whole lot, while around the same time someone killed one of your close relatives you would be happier if the murderer got caught, but not the burglar? Both are scum, they should both face consequences.

And in answer to the OP, it depends on what her full circumstances are, but IF she affords these things whilst you can't, solely from handouts when she is perfectly fit to work, then yes, you have every reason to be "chuffed off" about it, as you're financing her jollies, as well as myself and millions of other mugs...

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its wrong full stop...as are the medical tourists that are draining our NHS system...

"I don't know how ppl are going to take this but everyone is an individual and is a different case I'm not saying that if ppl cheat the system they should get away with it but I know tht there's a lot of non uk citizens tht come over here and do it and get away with it so I'm thinking if it's one of our own then so Beit

Hope haven't offended anyone

No offence taken, but its like saying that if a burglar came into your home and robbed the whole lot, while around the same time someone killed one of your close relatives you would be happier if the murderer got caught, but not the burglar? Both are scum, they should both face consequences.

And in answer to the OP, it depends on what her full circumstances are, but IF she affords these things whilst you can't, solely from handouts when she is perfectly fit to work, then yes, you have every reason to be "chuffed off" about it, as you're financing her jollies, as well as myself and millions of other mugs... "

Actually it's more like saying if someone comes over here and goes on the rob, breaking into a house, but isn't caught, why shouldn't more people from over here go out on the rob too.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

There is no way that this individual could lead this lifestyle solely on her Job Seekers Allowance benefit....has anyone considered that she may be getting financial assistance from a relative?

To infer that she is recieving this kind of income from JSA is just ridiculous.

Glasgow area

"There is no way that this individual could lead this lifestyle solely on her Job Seekers Allowance benefit....has anyone considered that she may be getting financial assistance from a relative?

To infer that she is recieving this kind of income from JSA is just ridiculous."

I thought that when you go to sign on they look through your bank and it all depends on what you have? Surely if a relative was giving her money, this would affect her benefits?

I'm only suggesting that as i read a while ago about a girl who was unemployed and faced jail due to her not admitting to a very active eBay seller account x

The bitching has went into overdrive on Facebook bout it, xx

i don't know how they manage it,

Torquay

"I thought that when you go to sign on they look through your bank and it all depends on what you have? Surely if a relative was giving her money, this would affect her benefits?

I'm only suggesting that as i read a while ago about a girl who was unemployed and faced jail due to her not admitting to a very active eBay seller account x

The bitching has went into overdrive on Facebook bout it, xx"

I don't think they can possibly police any financial assistance from an unemployed persons family, and I find it a bit sad that people should suggest that they should be able to....

Some people wouldn't be happy unless the unemployed were forced to queue up daily at soup kitchens, there is a distinct lack of compassion on these forums at times.

Bring back the workhouse

Torquay

"Bring back the workhouse"

That still wouldn't be enough for some...

To the Op. If she's on your facebook why don't you just ask her how she does it?

Mind you that doesn't give people here the opportunity to chip in their twopenn'orth without knowing a single fact about it.

By *landPeggyCouple  over a year ago

Holland !

A cheap gym, cheap cider ( 2 liters ) and Gran Canaria package deals aren't that pricey, and it's cheap once you get there.

Maybe she has a girlfriend is shouting the ticket.

"I thought that when you go to sign on they look through your bank and it all depends on what you have? Surely if a relative was giving her money, this would affect her benefits"

Actually, although the DWP can request to see bank statements and can withhold money until proof of finances has been submitted by the person making the claim for benefits, they can't just look willy-nilly into the accounts of everyone signing on. To do so would a) be intensely time consuming and take an inordinate amount of manpower and b) be a gross invasion of privacy. If jobcentre officials (or anyone barring the police) had the right to look into personal bank accounts without the permission of the account owner, it would be open to all kinds of abuse.

UK unemployment benefits is far from being a perfect system and it is abused by many people. However, for the sake of all the many people honestly claiming, who really genuinely want to find work and get off benefits, it's hardly fair to say that the DWP should have access to personal accounts, IMO.

Hope haven't offended anyone"

Yes, you've offended me with your crass comment. Home grown or foreign, I resent having to fund the workshy full stop. To deferentiate because of race says more about you than I care to know.

[Removed by poster at 17/01/12 16:19:16]

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"

Yeah, every week (Tuesday) she moans about having to go down to joncentre to sign and that they make her job search x"

Oh the poor thing (sarcastic btw) i am on the dole and dont get a penny as I stopped working for 2 years to have a baby and study full time.

But it was my choice to pack in work and would love a decent job and look everyday.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I find it hard to believe that people actually think if you are on the dole you can't get a handout from a relative without having to declare it. Some people survive on help from relatives when on a low wage/ money coming in.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Oh and PS...lets keep the " foreigners " subject off this please, as it looks like and turns into a race/ racist issue and threads need shutting.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"I know there's been topics similar recently but would like to see if I'm the only one to get right chuffed off bout this...

Person on my FB, no job, no intention of working, out every weekend on the piss, gym membership and has now stated that she's goin to Gran Canaria for Gay Pride weekend this year. Considering she is 100% fit to work, the fact that both of us work full time and can't live a life like that, am I right to be really pissed off or am I just jealous of her being lucky to live for free? Xx"

She isnt living off just jsa...

hexham

"I thought that when you go to sign on they look through your bank and it all depends on what you have? Surely if a relative was giving her money, this would affect her benefits?

The bitching has went into overdrive on Facebook bout it, xx"

Any income has to be declared,she is defrausing the state,up to the rest of you if u want to turn her in.

"

I don't think they can possibly police any financial assistance from an unemployed persons family, and I find it a bit sad that people should suggest that they should be able to....

Some people wouldn't be happy unless the unemployed were forced to queue up daily at soup kitchens, there is a distinct lack of compassion on these forums at times.

"

I think it's sad that you seem to enjoy giving me arsey replies on here, all because we are scottish (see scottish indepence threads). But each to their own.

Thanks for the replies folks, was just a topic for conersation not a suggestion that it's a matter of race or that I am saying unemployed people should be monitored 24/7... Xx

"

Any income has to be declared,she is defrausing the state,up to the rest of you if u want to turn her in."

just as folks above say though, could be a just reason for it , was just something I was venting about earlier xx

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't start being paranoid now....you will get answers wherever you come from.

The race issue comment from me was to do with another post.

"To the Op. If she's on your facebook why don't you just ask her how she does it?

Mind you that doesn't give people here the opportunity to chip in their twopenn'orth without knowing a single fact about it."

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It is a known fact within the benefits agency that a majority don't live off JSA alone that they receive financial help from family and friends, She may of applied for a social fund loan for the holiday or friends lent the money. She may of paid it off over a period of time. Also gym memlbership can cost as little as £15 a month and you get discounts if you are on passported benefits.

hexham

"

Any income has to be declared,she is defrausing the state,up to the rest of you if u want to turn her in. just as folks above say though, could be a just reason for it , was just something I was venting about earlier xx"

Thing is i have a friend who works with disabled ppl, hate crimes against disabled ppl have gone through the roof since all this scrounger stuff started, why cant we use the proper word...criminal.So we seperate legitimate claimants from fraudsters.

I know lol, no race was aimed at me this time, but paranoia isn't present when there's a clear pattern of it coming from one person. Il just remember to report it next time and not just turn a blind eye x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Look, you had a spat on the Scottish thread, it doesn't mean people can't answer anywhere else.

The key is to move on and forget the last spat.

Torquay

"I know there's been topics similar recently but would like to see if I'm the only one to get right chuffed off bout this...

Person on my FB, no job, no intention of working, out every weekend on the piss, gym membership and has now stated that she's goin to Gran Canaria for Gay Pride weekend this year. Considering she is 100% fit to work, the fact that both of us work full time and can't live a life like that, am I right to be really pissed off or am I just jealous of her being lucky to live for free? Xx

She isnt living off just jsa..."

How could you possibly know this about a person who is a TOTAL stranger to you?

Of course she could be fibbing about the high life, and the holiday, she could be going with her family...

Of course it will pee off anyone working, that you can have a good life on benefits.

After a fixed time on benefits (3 month!) your name goes to a council/comunity group/charity and your expected to do some things for your benifits, might make a few try a bit harder for a job.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

How could you possibly know this about a person who is a TOTAL stranger to you?"

Come on Jane, IF the claim is true, there is no way anyone could afford to live that way on the dole.

Torquay

Any income has to be declared,she is defrausing the state,up to the rest of you if u want to turn her in."

The word that matters is 'income'....a handout from a family member, ie help with food shopping, bills etc.....is not 'income' and hasn't got to be declared.

This sort of thread seems to pop up regularly and perhaps people should think on.

One for the mathematicians. How on earth can a person on a maximum of £67.50 if over 25 support that lifestyle purely on benefits?

It's ridiculous. And ridiculous to suggest that people are living a life of luxury on benefits.

If you can tell me how that lot can be done on £67.50 a week I will be staggered.

Any income has to be declared,she is defrausing the state,up to the rest of you if u want to turn her in.

The word that matters is 'income'....a handout from a family member, ie help with food shopping, bills etc.....is not 'income' and hasn't got to be declared."

they class it as a gift. If the payments were to be regular say £500 every month then yes they would class that as additional monies...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ah....just thought of something, you can get Gym membership free for a certain time if you are overweight, your doctor puts you forward for it.

( not sure if it is every authority but it is where a friend lives )

Torquay

"

I think it's sad that you seem to enjoy giving me arsey replies on here, all because we are scottish (see scottish indepence threads). But each to their own.

Thanks for the replies folks, was just a topic for conersation not a suggestion that it's a matter of race or that I am saying unemployed people should be monitored 24/7... Xx"

So ANY reply I make to ANY thread you post on is done because you are Scottish?

Are you for real?

You need to be careful before you start throwing around accusations of racism

hexham

The word that matters is 'income'....a handout from a family member, ie help with food shopping, bills etc.....is not 'income' and hasn't got to be declared."

a gift below a certain amount doesnt,if it is regular ,of any amount it counts as income.

for example your mum can give you £50 for your birthday, but £10 every saturday is income.

"Ah....just thought of something, you can get Gym membership free for a certain time if you are overweight, your doctor puts you forward for it.

( not sure if it is every authority but it is where a friend lives )"

Also council run leisure centres offer free membership or a very discounted membership to persons on benefits..

hexham

"This sort of thread seems to pop up regularly and perhaps people should think on.

One for the mathematicians. How on earth can a person on a maximum of £67.50 if over 25 support that lifestyle purely on benefits?

It's ridiculous. And ridiculous to suggest that people are living a life of luxury on benefits.

If you can tell me how that lot can be done on £67.50 a week I will be staggered."

If I was on the dole and spent a pound on the lottery and won 2k would i have to tell the social?.would it affect my claim?

hexham

"Ah....just thought of something, you can get Gym membership free for a certain time if you are overweight, your doctor puts you forward for it.

( not sure if it is every authority but it is where a friend lives )

Also council run leisure centres offer free membership or a very discounted membership to persons on benefits.. "

i was thinking this, as a carer im entitled to free gym,but im a lazy bugger

hexham

"If I was on the dole and spent a pound on the lottery and won 2k would i have to tell the social?.would it affect my claim?"

yes,

"If I was on the dole and spent a pound on the lottery and won 2k would i have to tell the social?.would it affect my claim?"

Nope if you have savings of £8000 or more you have to declare...

Torquay

Come on Jane, IF the claim is true, there is no way anyone could afford to live that way on the dole."

First of all it's ALL just heresay and guesswork, we are talking about someone here that is a total stranger to all of us bar one member....and you know how it goes when we only hear one side of any story told on here.

Have we had ALL the facts, or just the ones that suit the story?

"If I was on the dole and spent a pound on the lottery and won 2k would i have to tell the social?.would it affect my claim?

yes,"

Could you explain why?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Come on Jane, IF the claim is true, there is no way anyone could afford to live that way on the dole.

First of all it's ALL just heresay and guesswork, we are talking about someone here that is a total stranger to all of us bar one member....and you know how it goes when we only hear one side of any story told on here.

Have we had ALL the facts, or just the ones that suit the story?"

I did say IF in capitals in my post.

hexham

"If I was on the dole and spent a pound on the lottery and won 2k would i have to tell the social?.would it affect my claim?

Nope if you have savings of £8000 or more you have to declare..."

i thought if you were on jsa, non income related you had to declare it, however it is a very very long time since i worked in this area.

This thread is too ridiculous for words.

How can anyone on a maximum of £67.50 do all the things described? Has anyone seen the price of food/gas/electric or the phone recently.

Nope if you have savings of £8000 or more you have to declare...

i thought if you were on jsa, non income related you had to declare it, however it is a very very long time since i worked in this area."

I just checked it is £16,000 of savings you can have. If over that then you are not entitled to claim JSA

hexham

yes,

Could you explain why?"

cos i thought the savings limit was 2000 for a single person, it probably was in the early 90's

kev has confirmed u wouldnt have to as its 3000 now...sorry

"

Have we had ALL the facts, or just the ones that suit the story?"

so I just made it up? I sat and thought, hmm I want to post something but I haven't got a life.. Oh I know il just make something up?? FFS!! Get a grip!

Can someone just close the thread please, a simple topic of conversation has been twisted into a basis for nastiness x

yes,

Could you explain why?

cos i thought the savings limit was 2000 for a single person, it probably was in the early 90's

kev has confirmed u wouldnt have to as its 3000 now...sorry"

So she may have enough savings for a holiday

Does anyone else know...If you are receiving JSA are you barred from gyms..or drinking?

or anything else apart from working and not declaring it?

so if she isn't working on the sly,has some savings and fulfils her obligations with the social she can do what she likes..Can't she?

Torquay

No-one said you made it up at all....

But all we have is one side of the story, we don't know whether she has had the trip paid for her by friends or relatives, we don't know if she has friends or relatives who pay for her nights out, we don't know if she doing all of the above out of permitted savings....we know only what you choose to tell us.

yes,

Could you explain why?

Does anyone else know...If you are receiving JSA are you barred from gyms..or drinking?

so if she isn't working on the sly,has some savings and fulfils her obligations with the social she can do what she likes..Can't she?"

people on the dole are not allowed nice things, didn't you know? They should have food stamps which doesn't allow drink, fags, or the odd treat; they aren't allowed any holiday thats not paid for using Sun vouchers; and they should be dressed in rags. No new things allowed without written permission from a working person!

Honestly, the classism on this site makes me rage sometimes.

Torquay

yes,

Could you explain why?

so if she isn't working on the sly,has some savings and fulfils her obligations with the social she can do what she likes..Can't she?"

Not if it adds fuel to the witch hunt...

And this isn't aimed at the Op....it's aimed at everyone who jumps on the bandwagon without having anywhere near all of the facts....

hexham

yes,

Could you explain why?

so if she isn't working on the sly,has some savings and fulfils her obligations with the social she can do what she likes..Can't she?

people on the dole are not allowed nice things, didn't you know? They should have food stamps which doesn't allow drink, fags, or the odd treat; they aren't allowed any holiday thats not paid for using Sun vouchers; and they should be dressed in rags. No new things allowed without written permission from a working person!

Honestly, the classism on this site makes me rage sometimes."

ha...at least u arent accused of being an angry person because i dont think a man should stare at my tits at work

remind me, have we gone through some strange time warp to the 70's?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Not if it adds fuel to the witch hunt...

And this isn't aimed at the Op....it's aimed at everyone who jumps on the bandwagon without having anywhere near all of the facts...."

You assumed I had done that without reading all my post.

Torquay

And this isn't aimed at the Op....it's aimed at everyone who jumps on the bandwagon without having anywhere near all of the facts....

"

Who said I was referring to you?

"ha...at least u arent accused of being an angry person because i dont think a man should stare at my tits at work

remind me, have we gone through some strange time warp to the 70's?"

Oh I left that post well alone. Some serious hypocrites on these forums.

"There is no way that this individual could lead this lifestyle solely on her Job Seekers Allowance benefit....has anyone considered that she may be getting financial assistance from a relative?

..."

Yes I did

Torquay

Yes I did "

Holland !

To the OP, if she's a friend on FaceBook, couldn't you pop a little innocent comment on to one of her messages ?

Like "How do you manage it ? Gran Canaria must be awfully expensive"

( for those of us sitting on the edges of our seats on this one )

Would be great if she answered "prostitution" or something, btw.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Who said I was referring to you?

"

I didn't on my post, you are assuming again.....what I did do was say that you assumed in your previous post that I had so I pointed it out on this thread. All of which is allowed.

You really have a bee in your bonnet at the minute, don't take it out on me because you mis read my post.

Will leave you to it.

These forums so make me laugh sometimes

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"In that case she getting money from somewhere else...

No way job seekers allowance would cover half of that..."

nope, think you may find she working or dealing in something!!!

Torquay

nope, think you may find she working or dealing in something!!!"

So now she's a dealer?

"

Holland !

..... chronic alcoholic, deals drugs at the local gym and sells her body at international sex orientated festivals.

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

OMFG should we really be talking about someone that is not here to defend her self.

Yeah it pisses you off when your working and someone you know isnt n is takin the piss. But this thread is making her out to be something that she prob isnt n cnt defend herself. Wrong very very wrong

lets hope she doesn't get caught.income from illegal activities is taxable. however fines incurred from the same activities are not tax deductible

Person on my FB, no job, no intention of working, out every weekend on the piss, gym membership and has now stated that she's goin to Gran Canaria for Gay Pride weekend this year. Considering she is 100% fit to work, the fact that both of us work full time and can't live a life like that, am I right to be really pissed off or am I just jealous of her being lucky to live for free? Xx"

A couple of thoughts, she is your friend - if it offends you that much why not take her to task? Why not drop her as a friend?

Secondly, if you have proof she is cheating, why start a thread on hewre. Why not do something to stop it - namely report her?

Case closed m'lud lol.

The forums get better and better

Holland !

"OMFG should we really be talking about someone that is not here to defend her self.

Yeah it pisses you off when your working and someone you know isnt n is takin the piss. But this thread is making her out to be something that she prob isnt n cnt defend herself. Wrong very very wrong"

She's totally anonymous, what if she was hypothetical ?

Reminds me of when I was thrown at the wolves for "bringing up another person's dirty laundry" when absolutely no one had been named.

"..... chronic alcoholic, deals drugs at the local gym and sells her body at international sex orientated festivals."

Sounds about right for Glas..... nahhh better not.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

There are two types of allowances for job seekers/dole. The maximum you can have is £16000 in savings but you wouldnt be in receipt of full benefit. Some benefits are non means tested so she could be on other benefits as well.

I myself am on benefit (ESA) and there is no way on earth she would be able to afford this lifestyle on JSA alone, I get disability allowance as well and still struggle to pay my bills

Also if she is going out of the country on holiday, she has to inform the DWP and for the time that she is away she will not be entitled to benefit as she can not claim that she is actively seeking employment

Whatever she is doing and wherever she is getting the money from, she is clearly living outside of her means, and I for one resent working to pay for drainers like that. Fair enough the jobless who are actively seeking work, or actually unable to work through disability...but the Jeremy Kylers of the world need a right good kick up the jacksy or be made to do the shitty jobs that we expect the councils to do, such as clearing up litter, sorting recycling, clearing drives/pathways of snow in winter and so on. Half my family live like this and I am thoroughly ashamed of being related to them. Ive worked since i was 12 (yes, paper-rounds and fish and chip shops on weekends) and my sister who is 3 years older has never had a job in her life, yet has a bigger house, a bigger car, goes out friday, saturday and sundays without fail, and even owns a caravan for holidays...its all wrong!

"Probably like the majority of full-time dole scroungers, she does cash in hand work. If she's claiming JSA, she can hardly search for jobs when she's on holiday, can she? Report her."

unfortunately though, she is still entitled to go on holiday and claim benefits

"I'm only suggesting that as i read a while ago about a girl who was unemployed and faced jail due to her not admitting to a very active eBay seller account "

Probably for the same reason that the taxman is looking at many very active ebay accounts. Which is of course because many people make there living as fulltime ebay traders. So it makes sense that she should be in exactly the situation as anyone else that signs on while working.

Torquay

Worth mentioning that many people who also work earn plenty of money from E Bay selling....without declaring it to the taxman....are their fiddles any different to an unemployed person doing the same?

All tax fraud in my eyes

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

"

Doesn't make it right tho.....does it?

*Her*

my god its like a wich hunt on here

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"Worth mentioning that many people who also work earn plenty of money from E Bay selling....without declaring it to the taxman....are their fiddles any different to an unemployed person doing the same?

All tax fraud in my eyes"

probably because benefit fraud is _iewed as being worse than tax evasion

"Worth mentioning that many people who also work earn plenty of money from E Bay selling....without declaring it to the taxman....are their fiddles any different to an unemployed person doing the same?

It depends if they are selling (their own) secondhand goods or not. You don't pay tax on something twice... well not on a lot of things.

All tax fraud in my eyes

probably because benefit fraud is _iewed as being worse than tax evasion"

But which is the bigger burden on our economy?

All tax fraud in my eyes

probably because benefit fraud is _iewed as being worse than tax evasion

But which is the bigger burden on our economy?"

Who cares.... burn both lots.

Yes its all the same thing.

Torquay

All tax fraud in my eyes

It depends if they are selling (their own) secondhand goods or not. You don't pay tax on something twice... well not on a lot of things."

I was thinking more of people who sell new goods that they have purchased wholesale with a _iew to selling on....but I see what you mean

Why worry about 1 person's benefit activity... If we are worrying about 1 then we should worry about all the other millions of people on benefits.

Also why string her up say for example a person who had been made redundant and was claiming JSA had a membership for the gym and was going on holiday woud people judge in the same light.

Yes benefits are a huge drain hence the benefits reform and the cost cutting by the goverenment. We can only worry about what is going on in our world and how we would deal with things.

We can't change what she is doing nor the many others that are doing the same thing.

Tax evasion?

22 Jan 2010 CityWire notes that tax evasion cost the Treasury £15.2billion in lost revenue whilst benefit fraud costs £1.1 billion per year.

Was that the right answer or should we tar and feather anyone on benefits?

"A couple of thoughts, she is your friend - if it offends you that much why not take her to task? Why not drop her as a friend?

Secondly, if you have proof she is cheating, why start a thread on hewre. Why not do something to stop it - namely report her?

"

Thread was made as I was wondering if I was the only one to be annoyed by it and if I was it would no doubt be that I'm just jealous ( which I am a little as gay pride in Gran Canaria will be awesome!!)

Iv honestly not meant to come across as some nazi that wants unemployed folk given food stamps and made to Bow down to those who have jobs, I have a few friends out of work against their will, I didn't mean to cause offence to ppl out of work, although I'm 100% certain if your offended by this, you will be dying to get back into work...which she is not.

I commented on the status and she emailed me saying people have been nasty today and she's lost a few Facebook friends over it. She has got a loan from a credit union (do you have them in england?) Im not sure how they work tbh

X

Holland !

Heaven forbid if I turn this conversation political, but isn't having high unemployment a way of keeping the minimum wage low, and therefore stopping both of said groups from buying too much stuff ?

Norfolk

I've been told today I won't get JSA because I haven't paid enough class 1 contributions - I've worked for 35 years for goodness sake! When I telephoned to ask why they said I hadn't paid enough over the past 2 years - this is also rubbish but I now have to go through a full appeals process to prove it, apparantly it can take up to 6 months for my case to be heard - no doubt they (and I am) are hoping I will be back in work and give up way before then. I am not eligable for any means tested benefits as I am getting a small pay off and and K works more than 16 hrs a week.

"Tax evasion?

22 Jan 2010 CityWire notes that tax evasion cost the Treasury £15.2billion in lost revenue whilst benefit fraud costs £1.1 billion per year.

Was that the right answer or should we tar and feather anyone on benefits?"

Sucks doesn't it. Society's perspective is wrong because people are prone to hate the individual and ignore the bigger picture. And when you look at the hounding UkUncut get it's hard not to see conspiracy theories.

"She has got a loan from a credit union (do you have them in england?) Im not sure how they work tbh

X"

Its a high interest short term loan. I got one when I was younger. For example £300 cost £9 a week for a year to pay back. So thats £468 to pay back a £300 loan. However its much better that way than a payday loan.

"..... chronic alcoholic, deals drugs at the local gym and sells her body at international sex orientated festivals."

You forgot cock fighting and door to door lucky heather selling!

"A couple of thoughts, she is your friend - if it offends you that much why not take her to task? Why not drop her as a friend?

Thread was made as I was wondering if I was the only one to be annoyed by it and if I was it would no doubt be that I'm just jealous ( which I am a little as gay pride in Gran Canaria will be awesome!!)

Iv honestly not meant to come across as some nazi that wants unemployed folk given food stamps and made to Bow down to those who have jobs, I have a few friends out of work against their will, I didn't mean to cause offence to ppl out of work, although I'm 100% certain if your offended by this, you will be dying to get back into work...which she is not.

I commented on the status and she emailed me saying people have been nasty today and she's lost a few Facebook friends over it. She has got a loan from a credit union (do you have them in england?) Im not sure how they work tbh

X"

She got a loan.

So the benefits didn't cover the lifestyle then?

X"

Credit unions were set up to provide a way for people to save and to receive low interest loans after they paid in a certain amount. They are non profit so the profits they do make are given back to thel customer. Credit unions also have the facility to pay housing benefit to landlords.

Norfolk

eligible = eligable

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

The moral of this story. Be careful what you post on FB as you can't guage the reaction if the full story is not explained.

Also people and institutions trawl FB for this sort of info.

"I've been told today I won't get JSA because I haven't paid enough class 1 contributions - I've worked for 35 years for goodness sake! When I telephoned to ask why they said I hadn't paid enough over the past 2 years - this is also rubbish but I now have to go through a full appeals process to prove it, apparantly it can take up to 6 months for my case to be heard - no doubt they (and I am) are hoping I will be back in work and give up way before then. I am not eligable for any means tested benefits as I am getting a small pay off and and K works more than 16 hrs a week. "

Yes mate, if you've always worked you're entitled to nothing.

Norfolk

"I've been told today I won't get JSA because I haven't paid enough class 1 contributions - I've worked for 35 years for goodness sake! When I telephoned to ask why they said I hadn't paid enough over the past 2 years - this is also rubbish but I now have to go through a full appeals process to prove it, apparantly it can take up to 6 months for my case to be heard - no doubt they (and I am) are hoping I will be back in work and give up way before then. I am not eligable for any means tested benefits as I am getting a small pay off and and K works more than 16 hrs a week.

Yes mate, if you've always worked you're entitled to nothing. "

I actually asked the guy what I would get if I had never worked and he said you would get money but not from the JSA pot

hexham

Credit unions are fabulous and dont get the attention they deserve.Yes we have them in England

"I've been told today I won't get JSA because I haven't paid enough class 1 contributions - I've worked for 35 years for goodness sake! When I telephoned to ask why they said I hadn't paid enough over the past 2 years - this is also rubbish but I now have to go through a full appeals process to prove it, apparantly it can take up to 6 months for my case to be heard - no doubt they (and I am) are hoping I will be back in work and give up way before then. I am not eligable for any means tested benefits as I am getting a small pay off and and K works more than 16 hrs a week.

I actually asked the guy what I would get if I had never worked and he said you would get money but not from the JSA pot "

How about penison credit??

"Credit unions are fabulous and dont get the attention they deserve.Yes we have them in England "

Norfolk

I actually asked the guy what I would get if I had never worked and he said you would get money but not from the JSA pot

How about penison credit?? "

you cheeky moo! I am not of pensionable age it is a 'discretionary' pension from all the contributions I have made over the years. My _iew was I may never reach 65 so why not take a slightly reduced regular payment now - in hindsight it was probably a mistake but I cant reverse the decision now

"

I actually asked the guy what I would get if I had never worked and he said you would get money but not from the JSA pot "

got told this too. I worked from the age of 14, NI contributions from 16 but not entitled.

As I said before it was my choice to go for a new career but saying that there were more job prospects.

Good luck with your appeal and job hunt though.

By *inecrestMan  over a year ago

West Yorks

Could it not just be that she's running up a huge credit card debt to do this? It's something many people cannot resist the temptation to do.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

Currently on JSA, since 12th December, redundant with no notice on 6th. Had to sign off when went to USA to see daughter (7yr) over New Year. Had bought the ticket prior to redundancy.

I get just the £67 a week, and that is taxable too.

Did ask for clarification on the working, and you can work 15 hours or less a week, but must declare it, and that does not affect your JSA. Also no limit on what can be earned in those 15 hours.

Dropping from £2800 coming in a month in salary to £260 a month is a big shock.

The hardest bit has been the lack of immediate help in terms of clear advice, thank goodness for CAB.

Fingers crossed sign off in the next day or two, once I get a start date for something under discussion.

Norfolk

"

I actually asked the guy what I would get if I had never worked and he said you would get money but not from the JSA pot got told this too. I worked from the age of 14, NI contributions from 16 but not entitled.

As I said before it was my choice to go for a new career but saying that there were more job prospects.

Good luck with your appeal and job hunt though."

Thank you x

"Credit unions are fabulous and dont get the attention they deserve.Yes we have them in England

"

Here here. A place has been set up not far from here for the council estate to have a Christmas Style club where people can pay say a fiver each week and get an incentive at the end of the year like a free xmas tree donated from local businesses and a bit of donations from the community for the less advantaged families which I think is a great idea.

Holland !

"Did ask for clarification on the working, and you can work 15 hours or less a week, but must declare it, and that does not affect your JSA. Also no limit on what can be earned in those 15 hours."

That's bizarre and open for corruption.

"Will you pull down that shack for 4000 quid ?"

"I'll do it for 3500 if you'll sign a time sheet for 15 hours"

Torquay

"Currently on JSA, since 12th December, redundant with no notice on 6th. Had to sign off when went to USA to see daughter (7yr) over New Year. Had bought the ticket prior to redundancy.

I get just the £67 a week, and that is taxable too.

Did ask for clarification on the working, and you can work 15 hours or less a week, but must declare it, and that does not affect your JSA. Also no limit on what can be earned in those 15 hours.

Dropping from £2800 coming in a month in salary to £260 a month is a big shock.

The hardest bit has been the lack of immediate help in terms of clear advice, thank goodness for CAB.

Fingers crossed sign off in the next day or two, once I get a start date for something under discussion."

Good luck with that new job....and a big thanks for your post, which adds a whole new slant on the original post.

So now, in addition to not knowing if this girl had financial help from friends or family, had her own savings, or whether she had loaned this money or was running up a credit card....we have first hand information that she could after all be LEGALLY working up to 15 hours...

You have helped to prove it's not as simple as black and white...

I kind of admire them in a way.

15 years ago when I was made redundant, I was only at the firm for 18 months, so I decided I was going to stay on the dole for six months to qualify for training, shouldn't be too difficult I thought, this was during the last recession. I wanted to do a degree course.

My god how do people do it, I had the job centre on my back from day one, they arranged 6 inter_iews in the first week, making it absolutely clear that a job offer meant I had to accept or else.

Well did my best to be crap at all six inter_iews, the result six job offers.

I don't know how they do it.

my Original post stated she doesn't work and has no intention to, which means she does Not work and does Not intend to!

With the 15 hours though, don't the joncentre take a percentage of your earned money and deduct it from any housing benefit? This is one reason why many families in the benefit trap struggle to get out xx

Torquay

Right....so she doesn't work, has no intention of working, gets £68 a week on JSA.....how does the Op think she can afford to go our drinking every weekend and is going on holiday....what is the Op's opinion on where this money is coming from?

Because it certainly isn't coming from the government.

Holland !

Having done some research, it appears that it's 16 hours not 15, and you earn fuck all at the end of the day for doing those 16 hours.

.... but I did my research on the internet, so must be taken with a grain of salt.

" my Original post stated she doesn't work and has no intention to, which means she does Not work and does Not intend to!

With the 15 hours though, don't the joncentre take a percentage of your earned money and deduct it from any housing benefit? This is one reason why many families in the benefit trap struggle to get out xx"

Question. If she is as minted as you say on account of those massive benefits, why did she need the loan from the credit union?

Surely someone living the life of Riley with a mighty £68 a week coming in wouldnt need a loan would they?

"Right....so she doesn't work, has no intention of working, gets £68 a week on JSA.....how does the Op think she can afford to go our drinking every weekend and is going on holiday....what is the Op's opinion on where this money is coming from?

Because it certainly isn't coming from the government."

Has at any point, 'the OP', moi, speculated any of what you have just asked me to? No! Neither have I asked anyone to do so.

I will not reply to you again on this as your just spoiling for an argument and have done from your first lovely reply. X

"

Question. If she is as minted as you say on account of those massive benefits, why did she need the loan from the credit union?

Surely someone living the life of Riley with a mighty £68 a week coming in wouldnt need a loan would they?"

duh, Mabye to buy her holiday? might want to read the whole thread?

I've read it all and you still haven't answered the points you raise in your original post. Read back if it helps you at all.

You state she is having the life of Riley and is wedged up on benefits. Gym membership, boozing at the pub and holidays.

Your point seems to be that she is having a great old time based on benefits received.

So if she is how does she need the loan? Duh????

Because if you are saying she needs a loan the benefits aren't cutting it are they, which completely undermines your point.

Better go as the re-runs of Jeremy Kyle are coming on...

"Right....so she doesn't work, has no intention of working, gets £68 a week on JSA.....how does the Op think she can afford to go our drinking every weekend and is going on holiday....what is the Op's opinion on where this money is coming from?

Because it certainly isn't coming from the government."

Jane I have a friend who basically since he left school has never worked

He's on disability along with many other benefits ( his disability is he's extremely overweight)

He lives with his partner ( she is also classed as disabled for the same reason)

Their total income five years ago (the last time I had time for him) was £55000 a year

They have two children and on top of that they had a brand new motability people carrier

He was actually proud to tell me that

I'm not saying all are the same I'm just giving an example if how crazy the system is

The family have one abroad holiday a year and a holiday in this country too

You couldn't make it up

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampto

well i see these posts on various other internet sites about the workers paying taxes for the jobshy to relax at home watching telly with their bottle of alcohol and looking through the thomas cook brochure but yes there are the feckless who refuse to work and they do because the system lets them do it but there are also the thousands of people thrown on the dole in the last couple of years who want a job this thread might not take into account people like myself who having worked full time for over thirty years and thankfully having a contract to last me until 2015 (i hope) due to myself paying out for lots of insurance loans etc would actually be able to take a year out from work and get virtually all my bills paid though i doubt if i could claim money but that would make people think i was on the dole and working on the side? if i was at home for a year and not working? as ever people bleat about benefit cheats in this country i have shopped a couple but that was because they were working on the side and earning an extra 250 a week was i wrong in doing that ? and i do ask other people why they wont report other benefit cheats they know they say i cant do it because they have kids so is it that we are a compassionate society that we dont do it because it tugs on the heart strings ? or are we just to soft? in some cases if you know someone who is earning loads on the side and you aint happy with it simple report them this post is in no way intended to degrade or slander genuine people claiming in fact i hope anyone who is actively seeking work find a job in 2012 the very best of luck if you are *him*

"I've read it all and you still haven't answered the points you raise in your original post. Read back if it helps you at all.

You state she is having the life of Riley and is wedged up on benefits. Gym membership, boozing at the pub and holidays.

Your point seems to be that she is having a great old time based on benefits received.

So if she is how does she need the loan? Duh????

Because if you are saying she needs a loan the benefits aren't cutting it are they, which completely undermines your point.

Better go as the re-runs of Jeremy Kyle are coming on... "

oh my god, I'm actually close to my wits end now. I DID NOT say she needs a loan to fund her life, iI HAVE NOT made Any points of which could be undermined, nor have i raised any points in my original post, i HAVE NOT said that job seekers is her only income as I WOULD NOT know if she was earning on the side etc

I HAVE asked if I am alone in being annoyed at someone on the dole leading a life we cannot and we both work full time, I HAVE stated the person DOES NOT work at all. I HAVE stated it was a credit union that's funding the holiday as I was told this, Jesus!!

You go and watch Jeremy kyle, enjoy it. Whilst you do I am away to contemplate self harming

Well she's your friend!!!

friends with benefits?

proberly selling her body. i have a mate who has never done a days work in his life and has always sold his body for cash

Better than working in tesco i suppose.

By *urreyfun2008Man  over a year ago

East Grinstead

At 16 hours you have to sign off, so think limit is 15 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds.

Least that is what I was told.

So far the JobCentre Plus staff have been excellent with me, though have seen them be more harsh with others while waiting. Your attitude to them probably counts for a lot, i.e. turn on the flirty, chatty mode when I go there.

On housing benefit no idea, if still signed on have a meeting about Mortgage Interest Support at end of month.

I have accepted long ago that life is not fair, and there is no point in being wound up by issues that I cannot influence or control.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

with regards to the NI related questions and JSA and pensions (showing off the new job knowledge now), I am in a position where i can answer most questions... if you guys have any... just ask or pm me.....

i could go into detail on here but i am sure i would bore you all shitless...

Tell you the truth I am sick to death of people going on about people scrounging this and that.

This is very controversial but I'm much more worried about the amount of people (some of whom I work with), who pay tax earn 30K+ salary, piss everybody off, get in the way and contribute absolutely fuck all, I'd happily pay a bit of my tax to get rid of them, I'd happily pay that cunt in H&S I had to listen to 2 hours this afternoon, £64 to fuck off, rather than listen to him going on about a unwashed yoghurt pot in the recycling bin in the canteen.

I'd like the all state pensions to be paid as soon as you leave school then if you don't want to work, but then government would have to tax us more, which means companies can't afford to hold on to excess baggage, which means I wouldn't have to attend these stupid meetings.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Credit unions are fabulous and dont get the attention they deserve.Yes we have them in England "

Here's a real brain stormer for 'our dave and georgey boy'

use the money from the sale of Northern Rock to fund start up credit unions across the country..

'cos the shitty banks wont lend money to people in need..

or might that be too sensible..

it will stop some poor feckers using the loan shark industry ...

"Tell you the truth I am sick to death of people going on about people scrounging this and that.

This is very controversial but I'm much more worried about the amount of people (some of whom I work with), who pay tax earn 30K+ salary, piss everybody off, get in the way and contribute absolutely fuck all, I'd happily pay a bit of my tax to get rid of them, I'd happily pay that cunt in H&S I had to listen to 2 hours this afternoon, £64 to fuck off, rather than listen to him going on about a unwashed yoghurt pot in the recycling bin in the canteen.

I'd like the all state pensions to be paid as soon as you leave school then if you don't want to work, but then government would have to tax us more, which means companies can't afford to hold on to excess baggage, which means I wouldn't have to attend these stupid meetings."

I agree with those on super huge wages, was it not one of the banks recently saying they were going to lay off lots of staff whilst the head of the company was getting a £4 million bonus?

Taking all the disagreements on this thread, can we all agree on our country being a little fucked up? Xx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

wow, an interesting read

» Add a new message to this topic