FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Question: electric scooters or motorbikes

Question: electric scooters or motorbikes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

I have an option to import electric motor bikes or scooters/mopeds

Would it interest anyone on fab?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

This is purely research only

By *eeroybrownMan  over a year ago

aldershot

I tried an electric bike once (motorbike I assume).

It was okay but too heavy and it made a noise like a demented milk float.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Given the onky decent ones are the zeros which cost circa 10 grand for a 5k peteol commuter equivalent bike I'd say the market isnt there yet.

And if this is dodgy chinese imports with no dealer network onky an idiot would buy them leaving you with a lot of stock you couldnt shift.

How are you going to provide mechanical support? Are they road legal and certified for the uk, will they pass mot etc.

If they aren't road legal and appeoved by the dvla theyre also illegal to use on pavements and can only be used on private land like segways.

It seems like a very good way to lose a lot of money very quickly

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Given the onky decent ones are the zeros which cost circa 10 grand for a 5k peteol commuter equivalent bike I'd say the market isnt there yet.

And if this is dodgy chinese imports with no dealer network onky an idiot would buy them leaving you with a lot of stock you couldnt shift.

How are you going to provide mechanical support? Are they road legal and certified for the uk, will they pass mot etc.

If they aren't road legal and appeoved by the dvla theyre also illegal to use on pavements and can only be used on private land like segways.

It seems like a very good way to lose a lot of money very quickly "

I want an onky one!

"Given the onky decent ones are the zeros which cost circa 10 grand for a 5k peteol commuter equivalent bike I'd say the market isnt there yet.

I want an onky one! "

Haha only sorry fat fingers.

The zeros are very good but for the price you could get a much more versatile petrol superbike/tourer/cruiser/avd bike.

"I have an option to import electric motor bikes or scooters/mopeds

Would it interest anyone on fab?"

If approved for UK, there may be a small market but it needs proving before they will sell.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I want an onky one!

Haha only sorry fat fingers.

The zeros are very good but for the price you could get a much more versatile petrol superbike/tourer/cruiser/avd bike. "

I know..onky teasing..

» Add a new message to this topic