FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Doctor's Surgeries part 2

Doctor's Surgeries part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seems the thread was picking up again and got too big, so please feel free to share stories of your last visits to the Docs

Sorry to those I couldn't respond to when it closed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

Last time I went it was to pick up some results for my partner (agreed in advance with the surgery).

I had to deliver a lecture on data protection and confidentiality when the receptionist handed me the results on a sheet of paper. It wasn’t in an envelope, or even folded in half.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yesterday... made me wait 25 mins would he had seen me if i was 25 mins late...

Hi OP, I just saw you're question about my overnight depo reaction and what the Dr did about it (on the other thread)

Basically I broke out in huge angry, sore cysts from head to toe (scalp, face, back, chest, arms, legs...literally head to toe) overnight. Started bleeding really heavily the next day accompanied by debilitating cramps, bloated belly to the point I looked 9 months pregnant, intense joint & back pain, 1st ever occular migraine (had 4 now), persistant nausea, giant sore leaky breasts, hot flashes and waking up dripping wet all over like I'd had a bucket of water thrown over me every night.... needless to say my mood was heavily affected too.

It took a week for my Dr appointment to come through so I took note of everything that was happening.

The dr simply gave me some cream for my skin which literally burned the skin off me leaving me in even more pain & discomfort, she accused me of being pregnant when I got the injection (bloods & a scan confirmed I wasn't - but i'd already pee'd on a stick before going) had my hormone levels & thyroid checked and told I was fine!

Symptoms raged on intensly for 6 months but now at almost a year they've slowly subsided to milder once a month flare ups.

It was honestly like I'd been injected with fucking radium yet according to the dr, it was NOT the injection causing my symptoms.

After joining a depo support group on Facebook it became apparent that my reaction was a pretty common theme among others there too and Dr's didn't believe or help them either.

I'd asked to be sterilised twice and rejected twice.

First time they gave me the coil. I fell pregnant 9 months after it was inserted & miscarried causing me to need surgery....then lost my new job for being off sick during my 6 month probation period.

Then the last time I was rejected I was given the depo. Now they want me to try the implant. They can get fucked lol

I'd take a hysterectomy if it was offered! At one point I thought my womb was gonna just fall right out anyway because i was bleeding so much lol

I've not been back to the Dr's....trying to sweet talk Mr Shadow into getting the snip because I've been through enough!

"Last time I went it was to pick up some results for my partner (agreed in advance with the surgery).

I had to deliver a lecture on data protection and confidentiality when the receptionist handed me the results on a sheet of paper. It wasn’t in an envelope, or even folded in half. "

Some people have no idea

"Yesterday... made me wait 25 mins would he had seen me if i was 25 mins late..."

I've argued this in the past with the receptionists and they can never, ever give a sensible answer! (Only argued because they were getting anal about it)

Having said that I often overrun in my appointments so don't tend to complain

"Hi OP, I just saw you're question about my overnight depo reaction and what the Dr did about it (on the other thread)

Basically I broke out in huge angry, sore cysts from head to toe (scalp, face, back, chest, arms, legs...literally head to toe) overnight. Started bleeding really heavily the next day accompanied by debilitating cramps, bloated belly to the point I looked 9 months pregnant, intense joint & back pain, 1st ever occular migraine (had 4 now), persistant nausea, giant sore leaky breasts, hot flashes and waking up dripping wet all over like I'd had a bucket of water thrown over me every night.... needless to say my mood was heavily affected too.

It took a week for my Dr appointment to come through so I took note of everything that was happening.

The dr simply gave me some cream for my skin which literally burned the skin off me leaving me in even more pain & discomfort, she accused me of being pregnant when I got the injection (bloods & a scan confirmed I wasn't - but i'd already pee'd on a stick before going) had my hormone levels & thyroid checked and told I was fine!

Symptoms raged on intensly for 6 months but now at almost a year they've slowly subsided to milder once a month flare ups.

It was honestly like I'd been injected with fucking radium yet according to the dr, it was NOT the injection causing my symptoms.

After joining a depo support group on Facebook it became apparent that my reaction was a pretty common theme among others there too and Dr's didn't believe or help them either.

I'd asked to be sterilised twice and rejected twice.

First time they gave me the coil. I fell pregnant 9 months after it was inserted & miscarried causing me to need surgery....then lost my new job for being off sick during my 6 month probation period.

Then the last time I was rejected I was given the depo. Now they want me to try the implant. They can get fucked lol

I'd take a hysterectomy if it was offered! At one point I thought my womb was gonna just fall right out anyway because i was bleeding so much lol

I've not been back to the Dr's....trying to sweet talk Mr Shadow into getting the snip because I've been through enough!

"

OMG, that is awful ... Sorry to hear this x

To answer from page-1 OP (I don't want to appear ignorant)

I taught the doctor about certain vitamins that have helped me with menopause symptoms! His help 0.. Nice man though

"To answer from page-1 OP (I don't want to appear ignorant)

I taught the doctor about certain vitamins that have helped me with menopause symptoms! His help 0.. Nice man though "

Flipping heck, was he old or young?

absinthe_boy ... From the first thread ... My nan was exactly like that

_rofessormarkyx from first thread ... Let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed for you x

I taught the doctor about certain vitamins that have helped me with menopause symptoms! His help 0.. Nice man though

Flipping heck, was he old or young? "

50ish x

Flipping heck, was he old or young?

50ish x"

Christ, that makes it even worse x

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

The last time I went, I had a loverly chest infection and was tight across the chest.

I was called a lier, didnt believe I had a chest infection.

2 days later it had changed to Pleurisy making for a further trip to doctors.

This was years ago now havent been back since.

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Can never get to see my GP. Been trying for 3 weeks even tried to get on the books of another GP. No chance on that all are fully.

"The last time I went, I had a loverly chest infection and was tight across the chest.

I was called a lier, didnt believe I had a chest infection.

2 days later it had changed to Pleurisy making for a further trip to doctors.

This was years ago now havent been back since."

Oh my goodness

"Can never get to see my GP. Been trying for 3 weeks even tried to get on the books of another GP. No chance on that all are fully."

That's scary stuff

By *layalongCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I’m in the doctors that often I’m on first name basis and even go out for drinks with them infact, I’m having afternoon tea with one on Sunday lol

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Oh and my GP surgery is a customer so I have a right of passage as it were ... thankfully

"I’m in the doctors that often I’m on first name basis and even go out for drinks with them infact, I’m having afternoon tea with one on Sunday lol "

Blimey

"Oh and my GP surgery is a customer so I have a right of passage as it were ... thankfully"

Ohhh err missus

By *rofessormarkyxMan  over a year ago

Canterbury

Blood tests today say my liver functions back to normal, everything is looking good apart from part of my immune system has packed up leaving me prone to coughs and colds for a while. All due to the glandular fever! Still got to be careful I don't bash the area around my liver for the next 5-6 months.

More blood tests in a month or two to check in still heading in the right direction.

And to top it off I went to the opticians today and now need glasses, so picking those up next week. If I'm lucky the 3+ stone I've lost and the glasses might tick a few more boxes for some of you lovely ladies on here.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

I work In a gp surgery and not sticking up for all drs but they run late as they have to do paperwork on each patient as they've seen them. And most patients tend to think they can have more than the 10 min appt alloted to them....my patients so it. I once had to politely ask a pt to leave after telling me their woes for 25 mins. Making me run half hr late. So the doctors aren't always to blame for running late. My last visit to my gp was for an abcess In my jaw. Had to fight for the medication as she said it was dental. Dentist said it wasn't..... Kaz

» Add a new message to this topic