FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Headlights and indicators

Headlights and indicators

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and M looking OP   Couple  over a year ago

Worcester

Hi to all our fellow drivers.

As it’s currently dark and misty at this time of year, how come we are seeing so many drivers who are driving around without there lights on?

Newer cars can mislead you into thinking they are on but just take a quick look at your headlight switch and just set it to AUTO.

The other gripe is if you are turning then use your indicators so that we have a clue where you are going.....preferably indicating the actual direction that you are heading in.

Be safe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Agree it’s linked to newer cars as the dash lights up but setting it to auto is the easiest option.

I do fear this will cue many lazy replies from people saying it’s drivers of certain German cars

By *e_jpMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I’ve seen loads of people driving around lately in the dark with day running lights on the front of their car, no headlights on and no rear lights. They seem totally oblivious to it, and any attempt to let them know.

Worcester

"I’ve seen loads of people driving around lately in the dark with day running lights on the front of their car, no headlights on and no rear lights. They seem totally oblivious to it, and any attempt to let them know."

That’s exactly it, there were two on the motorway yesterday, flashed them, put my hazards on and even turned my lights off and on but it’s as if it’s Stevie Wonder behind the wheel.

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Don't start me off about foglights when it's not foggy!!

What's that all about? Cos it makes you sporty?

Or is rant Thursday I guess

Hailsham

"Agree it’s linked to newer cars as the dash lights up but setting it to auto is the easiest option.

I do fear this will cue many lazy replies from people saying it’s drivers of certain German cars "

I drive a German car.. my headlights and indicators work fine

I even follow at a respectable distance

Worcester

"Don't start me off about foglights when it's not foggy!!

What's that all about? Cos it makes you sporty?

Or is rant Thursday I guess "

Front fogs with daytime running lights seems to be a favourite along with removal of the front number plate, which has conveniently fallen off and now resides on the dash.

Get out and buy some double sided plate stickers or better still screw them on.

...you know these new cars still come with fog light too. They are not set to automatic, you have to manually turn them on.

Drive safe guys. One fabster has already had a bump in here.

Hailsham

[Removed by poster at 24/01/19 07:50:34]

Hailsham

Or "I'll use my foglights cos one of my headlight bulbs has blown"

Worcester

"Or "I'll use my foglights cos one of my headlight bulbs has blown""

Don’t most cars let you know that you have a bulb out nowadays.

How people can think I will ignore that is beyond me?

It's going to be the lazy generation that has everything done for them

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I have done that in the past, mainly so that I could see better while I waited for the dealer's appointment to fix it. Headlight bulbs are a lot less easy to self-serve than they used to be.

My number plate has also fallen off in the last six months, and was in the windscreen for four days.

Apologies all round for such chavvy behaviour...

Hailsham

"Or "I'll use my foglights cos one of my headlight bulbs has blown"

I have done that in the past, mainly so that I could see better while I waited for the dealer's appointment to fix it. Headlight bulbs are a lot less easy to self-serve than they used to be.

My number plate has also fallen off in the last six months, and was in the windscreen for four days.

Apologies all round for such chavvy behaviour..."

I should think so .. self-flagilation and 3 hail Mary's please

But agree ... replacing some bulbs can be a real shit

Worcester

"Or "I'll use my foglights cos one of my headlight bulbs has blown"

Apologies all round for such chavvy behaviour..."

Lol

Yours fell off and bet it left a dirty mark behind it

The ones we see the car bumpers look like there has never been a plate fixed to them.

Agree that headlight bulbs are awkward nowadays, Halfords said they couldn’t do them on one of my old cars?

Hahaha. Yes, I’ve seen that.

It's laziness, plain and simple.

Has the act of flicking the light switch become so much for people that car manufacturers put an auto option in?

More worryingly, are said drivers then so oblivious to their surroundings to not notice their lights are off, ignoring signals from other road users, etc? Should they even be on the road if they pay so little attention?

Hailsham

"It's laziness, plain and simple.

Has the act of flicking the light switch become so much for people that car manufacturers put an auto option in?

More worryingly, are said drivers then so oblivious to their surroundings to not notice their lights are off, ignoring signals from other road users, etc? Should they even be on the road if they pay so little attention?"

Pocket-rocket for transport minister!!

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

[Removed by poster at 24/01/19 08:18:14]

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Love Mrs OPs headlights - she can keep them on... my face!

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Agree it’s linked to newer cars as the dash lights up but setting it to auto is the easiest option.

I do fear this will cue many lazy replies from people saying it’s drivers of certain German cars

I drive a German car.. my headlights and indicators work fine

I even follow at a respectable distance "

Me too! Some of us actually know how to use those flashing orange things that help other drivers know what we’re about to do.

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

This makes me think of the “blinker fluid” joke.

There was some idiot driving down the A1 a few weeks back with their full beam on I was in front of them and totally blinded.

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I’ve seen loads of people driving around lately in the dark with day running lights on the front of their car, no headlights on and no rear lights. They seem totally oblivious to it, and any attempt to let them know.

That’s exactly it, there were two on the motorway yesterday, flashed them, put my hazards on and even turned my lights off and on but it’s as if it’s Stevie Wonder behind the wheel."

I’m the same, I try everything to get their attention, get no reaction and then eventually give up and pray someone doesn’t step out into the road in front of them.

I'm not going to start on front fog lights and indicator use or I'll lose my shit and I've just woke up.

"There was some idiot driving down the A1 a few weeks back with their full beam on I was in front of them and totally blinded. "

Flash your rear fog lights at them, that's what I do, if they don't get the hint, leave it on till they do.

More worryingly, are said drivers then so oblivious to their surroundings to not notice their lights are off, ignoring signals from other road users, etc? Should they even be on the road if they pay so little attention?

Pocket-rocket for transport minister!! "

Yes please.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

"I’ve seen loads of people driving around lately in the dark with day running lights on the front of their car, no headlights on and no rear lights. They seem totally oblivious to it, and any attempt to let them know.

That’s exactly it, there were two on the motorway yesterday, flashed them, put my hazards on and even turned my lights off and on but it’s as if it’s Stevie Wonder behind the wheel."

Truth is they are idiots and should be pulled over by the police though

By *onandCouple  over a year ago

Cheadle

Think a lot of drivers have forgotten what that stick on their driving column is for......its to indicate to other road users what you are going to do.........lots of idiots on the road hence the number of avoidable accidents.

USE YOUR INDICATOR!!!!!

Hailsham

"Think a lot of drivers have forgotten what that stick on their driving column is for......its to indicate to other road users what you are going to do.........lots of idiots on the road hence the number of avoidable accidents.

USE YOUR INDICATOR!!!!!"

Most people drive using the force now ...

"You don't need to see my indicators, this isn't the direction you are looking for, move along"

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"

Newer cars can mislead you into thinking they are on but just take a quick look at your headlight switch and just set it to AUTO."

I have auto lights and I strongly suggest you set them manually to ON if it’s foggy. After being hooted a few times I realised that it can be light enough for them to turn off which could be lethal.

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"Most people drive using the force now ...

"You don't need to see my indicators, this isn't the direction you are looking for, move along""

Indicators also help pedestrians, I was working on a high Street the other week, and 3 times, 3 times!!! the same car through not using his indicators got close to me crossing side streets. I did shout at him but he was oblivious, old man who shouldn't be on the road.

And indicate early ffs, not as you're turning.

Fuck it you got me going now OP!!!

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

On local town/village roads I thought the increase in people not having lights on at night was due to the better street lights, rather than the old orange sodium ones we used to have. On the motorway last week, one car was whizzing along with only daylight running lights on. Everyone flashing their lights at the car but the driver seemed oblivious. Can only hope they got to their destination without injury to them or others.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Hi to all our fellow drivers.

As it’s currently dark and misty at this time of year, how come we are seeing so many drivers who are driving around without there lights on?

Newer cars can mislead you into thinking they are on but just take a quick look at your headlight switch and just set it to AUTO.

The other gripe is if you are turning then use your indicators so that we have a clue where you are going.....preferably indicating the actual direction that you are heading in.

Be safe "

don’t get me started on this one! Drives me mad

Newcastle upon Tyne

Pocket-rocket for transport minister!!

Yes please. "

You would get my vote.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

I have auto lights and I strongly suggest you set them manually to ON if it’s foggy. After being hooted a few times I realised that it can be light enough for them to turn off which could be lethal."

Ditto. Auto doesn't work on mine in fog. And if the lights aren't on, the car will ignore me putting the fogs on.

Worcester

How many of you got in the car today and then checked?

If its helped even 1 then it was a "worth it" thread.

» Add a new message to this topic