FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Kitchen gadgets (esp standmixers)

Kitchen gadgets (esp standmixers)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What stand mixers are fabbers using?

Im looking for a bit of an all in one soulution tbh.

So mixer dough hook etc but also attachments for meat grinder and ideally food processor

Had the kenwood titanium highly recomended as a work horse which seems good 1500w and cheaper than the kitchen aid which gets bad reviews on attachments especialy meat gridner leaving a grey metal shaving in the meat).

But wondering if theres others people use?

Ive seen ice cream maker attachment bowls for the KA and kenwood but im curious if theres a model that has heating and cooling for making some more sophisticated things.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Ok so fab is not a forum of cooks :p

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I didn't think there was anything that could do it all, I only have a processor. If there's heavy duty cake mixing to be done I call in the fwb!

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

No way are you bringing that thing anywhere near my cock -step away from the stand mixer lady!

"I didn't think there was anything that could do it all, I only have a processor. If there's heavy duty cake mixing to be done I call in the fwb! "

Well i mean all with atachments the kenwood has a top and front one so should do a good range but i csnt find reviews for the accessories

My friend says she did over 10kg of ravioli dough in batches in one. I know that would kill a kitchen aid artisan.

A little part of me does think some jerry rigging with an induction plate or a peltier could make a heating cooling solution but would be a bit u sightly

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I didn't think there was anything that could do it all, I only have a processor. If there's heavy duty cake mixing to be done I call in the fwb!

Well i mean all with atachments the kenwood has a top and front one so should do a good range but i csnt find reviews for the accessories

My friend says she did over 10kg of ravioli dough in batches in one. I know that would kill a kitchen aid artisan.

"

My processor is a Kenwood - and that's over 30 yrs old now, so I don't think you can beat the brand.

"I didn't think there was anything that could do it all, I only have a processor. If there's heavy duty cake mixing to be done I call in the fwb!

"

Is that an elaborate euphemism?

Is that an elaborate euphemism?"

The elaborateist!

Tbh when you figure it out it makes a reading of the aristocrats seem tasteful

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I like the sound of a meat grinder.

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

KitchenAid with a few different attachments

"KitchenAid with a few different attachments"

See i really like the kitchen aid but the artisan id a bit naff the professional bowlift models above are really gold though but very expensive (600+) before attachments the KA grinder has some very bad problems but a smokehouse company in the usa makes a full SS version but is about 200 once imported.

So im just not sure its worth the outlay for a decent ka plus attachments (hoe does the processor hold up being front mounted?) vs a less name brand and a much larger atachments selection

Ive ben umming and ahhing about 12 konths noe

What other gadgets have you guys found good?

Ive got an anova precison water heater for dping sous vide stuff.

Absolutley the best chiclen ive ever had

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Not technically the best from a pro-point of view but I wanted one in a certain colour and bought it.

Parts are vastly cheaper stateside so I buy attachments there on my travels.

If I had to buy a new one, I'd be torn whether to buy a new one or find a more professional one my attachments fit.

I used to be a chef and I'd still do it but IT pays a hell of a lot more

"Not technically the best from a pro-point of view but I wanted one in a certain colour and bought it.

Parts are vastly cheaper stateside so I buy attachments there on my travels.

If I had to buy a new one, I'd be torn whether to buy a new one or find a more professional one my attachments fit.

I used to be a chef and I'd still do it but IT pays a hell of a lot more "

Haha yes i get you Hobart machines are compatible with ka atachments but cost about the same as a small car unfortunatley

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We bought one from Lidl many years ago which is still (touch wood) going strong.

Scarlett makes cakes, biscotti and I make bread using it. Not a statement piece that can be left on the counter for all to see how much you’ve paid for something but it does a wonderful job and lives in the cupboard with the toaster, blender and sandwich maker.

"We bought one from Lidl many years ago which is still (touch wood) going strong.

Scarlett makes cakes, biscotti and I make bread using it. Not a statement piece that can be left on the counter for all to see how much you’ve paid for something but it does a wonderful job and lives in the cupboard with the toaster, blender and sandwich maker. "

Hahs my kitchen usualy looks like a bombs hit it. Im quite lucky though that anything black white or silver will fit in so i wont have to heft it in or out if a cupbard.

By *andtsurreyCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

James Martin made pasta on his show last week with a pasta machine attachment to roll it thin stuck on his Kitchen Aid. I had such gadget envy!

T

Is that an elaborate euphemism?

The elaborateist!

Tbh when you figure it out it makes a reading of the aristocrats seem tasteful"

Hold on -I'm giving that text a thorough once over

Im having to knead my dough by hand right now!

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"I like the sound of a meat grinder. "

I thought you had one Sally?

Kenwood chef major is pretty good and can get those attachments.

Mine is a work horse

"Kenwood chef major is pretty good and can get those attachments.

Mine is a work horse "

Yeah thats the line i was looking at is the major the one above or below the titanium? They both looked identical Iirc

"Kenwood chef major is pretty good and can get those attachments.

Mine is a work horse "

Have you tried a meat grinder?

I’ve got a Kitchen Aid. And got the Icecream bowl, used it a couple of times but not since last summer. It’s nice making your own Icecream But when you see the ingredients going in? You start to think about your health. .

I love my KA, it was a pricey item but the best gift ever and use it regularly, as it’s in the counter top all the time, it encourages my littlest to bake all the time too.

"I’ve got a Kitchen Aid. And got the Icecream bowl, used it a couple of times but not since last summer. It’s nice making your own Icecream But when you see the ingredients going in? You start to think about your health. .

I love my KA, it was a pricey item but the best gift ever and use it regularly, as it’s in the counter top all the time, it encourages my littlest to bake all the time too. "

I’ve even made my mashed potatoes in it, because I can.

» Add a new message to this topic