FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Born in the wrong generation

Born in the wrong generation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elshrider95 OP   Man  over a year ago

LLANTWIT MAJOR

Hey as the title puts it i have been recently thinking i was born in the wrong generation. A few people have said i'm a old man in a young body. I know this sounds a bit stupid but i'm 23 years old. Instead of wanting to go out and drink myself into a coma I would rather sit in watch a film with a couple of friends and have a little smoke. What is everyone else's opinion? You think you was born in the wrong generation or you think i'm being a bit idiotic?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Music taste & film taste definitely. They don't make them like they used to.

LLANTWIT MAJOR

I will definitely agree on that music has gone out of control these days

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yeah, my values would have been better off if I were born a bit earlier, I could've been a proper hippie!

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

"Hey as the title puts it i have been recently thinking i was born in the wrong generation. A few people have said i'm a old man in a young body. I know this sounds a bit stupid but i'm 23 years old. Instead of wanting to go out and drink myself into a coma I would rather sit in watch a film with a couple of friends and have a little smoke. What is everyone else's opinion? You think you was born in the wrong generation or you think i'm being a bit idiotic? "

You’re being idiotic, if you were born in a different generation, you would still have been 23 at some point, and others you’re age at that time, be it 1856, 1914 or 1965 , would have been doing what a lot of 23 year olds do now, just minus the mobile phones etc.

I think you’re probably just more mentally mature than most at your age, nothing to do with generation

Chester/Wirral

"Yeah, my values would have been better off if I were born a bit earlier, I could've been a proper hippie! "

If you're going to San Francisco

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair

...Up on the Downs

"Yeah, my values would have been better off if I were born a bit earlier, I could've been a proper hippie!

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair"

I coulda gone to Woodstock and spent the rest of my life saying 'I was there when.....'

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Yeah, my values would have been better off if I were born a bit earlier, I could've been a proper hippie!

I coulda gone to Woodstock and spent the rest of my life saying 'I was there when.....' "

https://youtu.be/qIHfuihoz70

LLANTWIT MAJOR

"Hey as the title puts it i have been recently thinking i was born in the wrong generation. A few people have said i'm a old man in a young body. I know this sounds a bit stupid but i'm 23 years old. Instead of wanting to go out and drink myself into a coma I would rather sit in watch a film with a couple of friends and have a little smoke. What is everyone else's opinion? You think you was born in the wrong generation or you think i'm being a bit idiotic?

You’re being idiotic, if you were born in a different generation, you would still have been 23 at some point, and others you’re age at that time, be it 1856, 1914 or 1965 , would have been doing what a lot of 23 year olds do now, just minus the mobile phones etc.

I think you’re probably just more mentally mature than most at your age, nothing to do with generation "

That's the thing i dont do what most 23 year olds do i dont like going out and getting pissed i dont like crowded clubs/pubs. Once i reached the age of 19 i got bored of all that. Think i just need to get my car licence and go for a week long camping trip to clear my head

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

Dont believe the hype NOT all 23 year olds act that way you just dont hear about the majority of guys who dont.

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

NEWS FLASH........

Today a 23 year old stayed in and watched a film....

Caught on camera a 23 year old had a nice meal with friends...

See what i mean.

Just do what YOU do. I hope this helps.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"I will definitely agree on that music has gone out of control these days"

People have been saying that since Mozarts day to be fair.

LLANTWIT MAJOR

"NEWS FLASH........

Today a 23 year old stayed in and watched a film....

Caught on camera a 23 year old had a nice meal with friends...

See what i mean.

Just do what YOU do. I hope this helps.

"

Honest yer everyone that has commented on this has helped and eased my mind abit thanks everyone for the help.

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

Typical nerd like me

I lov having quite nights in takaway chill have a lough but t I wont say i was born in the wrong generation no

It's ur choice n that's what u enjoy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I will definitely agree on that music has gone out of control these days

People have been saying that since Mozarts day to be fair.

"

True, but I can't honestly say I dislike any music from the past. I rarely find a modern song/track that I like to listen to in the past 8-10 years.

My favourite era is the music I grew up with, largely due to nostalgia and it being the normal thing.

Personally since then music as a whole has gone down hill for me.

There are always exceptions though.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

"

I think you’re probably just more mentally mature than most at your age, nothing to do with generation That's the thing i dont do what most 23 year olds do i dont like going out and getting pissed i dont like crowded clubs/pubs. Once i reached the age of 19 i got bored of all that. Think i just need to get my car licence and go for a week long camping trip to clear my head "

But it sounds like you think it’s odd that you don’t like clubs etc. Don’t analyse it, you are who you are, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having preferences that the masses don’t have or viseversa.

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.

"Hey as the title puts it i have been recently thinking i was born in the wrong generation. A few people have said i'm a old man in a young body. I know this sounds a bit stupid but i'm 23 years old. Instead of wanting to go out and drink myself into a coma I would rather sit in watch a film with a couple of friends and have a little smoke. What is everyone else's opinion? You think you was born in the wrong generation or you think i'm being a bit idiotic? "

I wouldn’t say idiotic...but daft. Not everyone from our generation likes going out every weekend to drink themselves into a coma

Yeah I think and heard the 60s and 70s were a much better time to live in England.

"Hey as the title puts it i have been recently thinking i was born in the wrong generation. A few people have said i'm a old man in a young body. I know this sounds a bit stupid but i'm 23 years old. Instead of wanting to go out and drink myself into a coma I would rather sit in watch a film with a couple of friends and have a little smoke. What is everyone else's opinion? You think you was born in the wrong generation or you think i'm being a bit idiotic?

I think you’re probably just more mentally mature than most at your age, nothing to do with generation That's the thing i dont do what most 23 year olds do i dont like going out and getting pissed i dont like crowded clubs/pubs. Once i reached the age of 19 i got bored of all that. Think i just need to get my car licence and go for a week long camping trip to clear my head "

Well I’ve never enjoyed any of that. I’ve been to one club and it was for a friend’s birthday, I don’t like crowds and I maybe get d*unk three times a year at most, and I don’t really enjoy alcohol anyway. And I’m 21 so....

the old days were better

men would tinker with there cars

teach there kids how to fish , build a go cart , treehouse ,paint a door , diy skills etc etc etc

its all virtual stuff these days ,kids hardly even talk

"the old days were better

men would tinker with there cars

teach there kids how to fish , build a go cart , treehouse ,paint a door , diy skills etc etc etc

its all virtual stuff these days ,kids hardly even talk "

That’s the parents fault for caving and buying their kids so many gadgets - my sister is 11 and has always been one to go outside playing, as were my brother and other sister (and me!).

I work with kids and most love and prefer being outdoors and getting messy/dirty. We don’t allow any gadgets and we have a wii which they are allowed on once a week, or they can watch a film once a week. Ace

Is what you're smoking making you a bit lethargic?

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Yup -definately born in the wrong generation. I tell you what, why don't we arrange for a hitman to pop your clogs when you reach the theoretical fourscore and 10 age of your "right" generation -that way you'll save us years of having to read more posts like these

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

"Music taste & film taste definitely. They don't make them like they used to."

Nonsense on the film, we are currently in the golden age of TV and cinema

Chester/Wirral

"Music taste & film taste definitely. They don't make them like they used to.

Nonsense on the film, we are currently in the golden age of TV and cinema"

The 70s had the best films by far. Golden age, what all this superhero shite?

...Up on the Downs

I coulda gone to Woodstock and spent the rest of my life saying 'I was there when.....'

https://youtu.be/qIHfuihoz70"

First one on the 'Frisky Hatter Hippie Commune' playlist!!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLReQLgIDgXJ-iwR3RIoIPTGkcPLVYKIJ2

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"

I’m a hippie rock chick at heart and would have been barefoot dancing in the park with flowers in my hair

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Nonsense on the film, we are currently in the golden age of TV and cinema The 70s had the best films by far. Golden age, what all this superhero shite? "

There's a lot more movies than just superhero movies. Music I will grant you, 60's/70's/80's music is infinitely better than modern music, but even most critics say TV and cinema has never been better

Chester/Wirral

Nonsense on the film, we are currently in the golden age of TV and cinema The 70s had the best films by far. Golden age, what all this superhero shite?

There's a lot more movies than just superhero movies. Music I will grant you, 60's/70's/80's music is infinitely better than modern music, but even most critics say TV and cinema has never been better"

TV I can agree but not film.

Nonsense on the film, we are currently in the golden age of TV and cinema The 70s had the best films by far. Golden age, what all this superhero shite?

There's a lot more movies than just superhero movies. Music I will grant you, 60's/70's/80's music is infinitely better than modern music, but even most critics say TV and cinema has never been better TV I can agree but not film. "

Its all personal taste I know, but what makes movies of past "better" than present? I don't mean each individual movie, I mean as a whole for its era/decade.

What exactly.

There's a lot more movies than just superhero movies. Music I will grant you, 60's/70's/80's music is infinitely better than modern music, but even most critics say TV and cinema has never been better TV I can agree but not film.

Its all personal taste I know, but what makes movies of past "better" than present? I don't mean each individual movie, I mean as a whole for its era/decade.

What exactly. "

I think older films told the story better. They didn't rely on special effects or graphic sex scenes to make them worth watching. They always seem a lot more "real".

By *andom2chatMan  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

From my experience of most of the 20somethings today I find many don’t indulge & get “blootered” the way my generation did at pubs & clubs.

As for enjoying pop culture of bygone eras, I enjoy films, music & books from before my time too (probably cos I’m from a large(ish) family so been around influences from older generations.

Just go with the flow OP & take pleasure from what feeds your soul fella.

Chester/Wirral

There's a lot more movies than just superhero movies. Music I will grant you, 60's/70's/80's music is infinitely better than modern music, but even most critics say TV and cinema has never been better TV I can agree but not film.

What exactly. "

Better scripts, actors and story.

...Up on the Downs

I’m a hippie rock chick at heart and would have been barefoot dancing in the park with flowers in my hair "

You and me both!!

» Add a new message to this topic