FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab

Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *den-Valley-couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Hi been fab sometime no i feel it may be time to update the interface of the site them grey tiles multiple layers of interface and homepage that doesn't represent you or your profile..

Think it would be good if everything was on your profile page forum chat local going ons and maybe target club advertising on profile to pay for it.

any thoughts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'm a firm believer in the phrase "if it works don't fix it" and the site works fine for me as it is

So apart from the odd tweak here and there I don't see any need to change it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im fine with it updates normally mean bugs and issues alk the time

Cumbria

Not changing the site changing the interface to make it easier to access easier to locate things such as club reviews meets and people who share your interests rather than trolling through profiles

"I'm a firm believer in the phrase "if it works don't fix it" and the site works fine for me as it is

So apart from the odd tweak here and there I don't see any need to change it."

Oh it needs some major changes. It might work but it is far from efficient. It's like using an abacus instead of a calculator

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I'm a firm believer in the phrase "if it works don't fix it" and the site works fine for me as it is

So apart from the odd tweak here and there I don't see any need to change it."

I agree.

"Not changing the site changing the interface to make it easier to access easier to locate things such as club reviews meets and people who share your interests rather than trolling through profiles"

Per my last I find all that quite easy as it is - most of what you need is easily accessible from the home page, and "Interests" can be searched via the Advanced Find feature

Cumbria

Oh it needs some major changes. It might work but it is far from efficient. It's like using an abacus instead of a calculator"

Oh it needs some major changes. It might work but it is far from efficient. It's like using an abacus instead of a calculator"

Yes it's basic and can be a little clunky at times - but like I said it works for me as it is.

What major changes would you make?

Onestepoutofthedoor

How is it not efficient just out of interest? I can see profiles,I can see my messages,I reply (sometimes) to said messages,we arrange a meet,then meet and have a pleasant time. I like simplicity.

Do you want simple and free?

Or expensive TindFaceTwitbookagramswipingleft bells and whistles?

Cumbria

Oh it needs some major changes. It might work but it is far from efficient. It's like using an abacus instead of a calculator

Yes it's basic and can be a little clunky at times - but like I said it works for me as it is.

What major changes would you make?"

Your 53 year old man it need to start appealing to younger people if it is to survive.

Not meaning to offend you in any.

I think it's one of the simplest web pages to navigate.

I like to read what I'm looking for, not have to guess what a little icon means.

Your 53 year old man it need to start appealing to younger people if it is to survive.

Not meaning to offend you in any."

Plenty of younger men seem to be able to find me ok.

I like that it doesn't look to "appy". It would be like a game or Tinder if it went that way.

Cumbria

No bells and whistles in fact remove bells and whistles make it simpler with a straightforward user interface to make navigating the site of finding what you're looking easier..

Been here a long time have no problem but thing need to change with the time's or they disappear

Cumbria

Not meaning to offend you in any.

Plenty of younger men seem to be able to find me ok.

I like that it doesn't look to "appy". It would be like a game or Tinder if it went that way.

"

Not meaning to offend you in any."

Not offended at all, but fail to see what my age has to do with anything - I'm as tech savvy as the next person regardless of age.

Not sure how changing it would make it more appealing to youngsters either.

Most of the suggestions you have made are easily accessible from the home pages or within the search facility - so I'm just trying to understand how it could be made better?

As it stands it's simple to use and intuitive, easily navigable, and like I said if it's not broke don't fix it is my opinion.

"No bells and whistles in fact remove bells and whistles make it simpler with a straightforward user interface to make navigating the site of finding what you're looking easier..

Been here a long time have no problem but thing need to change with the time's or they disappear "

Are you using the mobile site or the website? I only really use the mobile site which has everything neatly laid out in tiles on the home page - not sure how much easier to navigate than that it could be.

Onestepoutofthedoor

Sorry what are the major changes you want?

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 22/01/19 11:01:35]

Cumbria

"Sorry what are the major changes you want?"

I think you miss understand me not calling for wholesale changes just an update to the interface.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Sorry what are the major changes you want?

I think you miss understand me not calling for wholesale changes just an update to the interface."

Yeah but what exactly?

The layout itself is fine. On the mobile site at least. The desktop page however it needs a lot of clearing up done. It's cluttered and clunky, far too many lists and menus. The coding behind it all could do with some work too.

The forums just need a whole new rework, the features are far too limited and outdated.

"Hi been fab sometime no i feel it may be time to update the interface of the site them grey tiles multiple layers of interface and homepage that doesn't represent you or your profile..

Think it would be good if everything was on your profile page forum chat local going ons and maybe target club advertising on profile to pay for it.

any thoughts. "

Have a word with admin if you think it needs tweaking but i think it works fine for a no frills site

» Add a new message to this topic