FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > F**king Fortnite

F**king Fortnite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The now multi millionaire genius who invented this game obviously did not have kids. If he had he would have invented a different game.

This game causes more arguments and upset in our house it is unbelievable. Please tell us we are not alone......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You are not alone

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I feel your pain. I'm enjoying the bliss that is a fortnight free house due to broken Xbox

Believe me I have come close to putting a hammer to ours

You are not alone.

I have peace and quiet until they are back from dads.

Soon as the shouting starts the plug gets pulled.

I would ban my kid from playing it if I had a young one.

Not to mention the money it squeezes out of you.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Believe me I have come close to putting a hammer to ours"
my son got mad... stomped off his chair hard.. this scared the cat.. who knocked the books.. that then caused a domino effect that ended up with a broken Xbox. I could have fixed it last week.... but it can wait a few more days

"You are not alone"

What he said. My kids are now not allowed to play the main game. Only the creative and playgrounds. Literally with only their friends I know of.

I’m lenient when it comes to gaming, because I know the fun you can have but when I see them not having fun, which this game creates for a young boy playing amongst 30to 40 yr old veterans owning them constantly, it’s not fair on them.

The matchmaking seriously needs to be looked at. That’s my take.

But your right op, I know parents that won’t let kids play it because of the rumours of the problems it creates.

"Believe me I have come close to putting a hammer to ours"

Take it off him for a while.

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

Haven't let mine play it, looking at this thread seems like a good call

"You are not alone

What he said. My kids are now not allowed to play the main game. Only the creative and playgrounds. Literally with only their friends I know of.

I’m lenient when it comes to gaming, because I know the fun you can have but when I see them not having fun, which this game creates for a young boy playing amongst 30to 40 yr old veterans owning them constantly, it’s not fair on them.

But your right op, I know parents that won’t let kids play it because of the rumours of the problems it creates. "

My grandsons can hold their own against adults but the arguing and shouting isn't acceptable.

When they get like that they get a time out and one is now only allowed an hour a night, and no headphones.

"Haven't let mine play it, looking at this thread seems like a good call "

I take the controllers away

And bugger me if he is not playing the fucking game he is watching other people play it on youtube

By *iavoloCouple  over a year ago

Bexley/Buxton

Just take it off them if they can't play nice.

"Just take it off them if they can't play nice."
done that don’t know what was worse the paddy when we did it or the 4 hours of sulking afterwards

"And bugger me if he is not playing the fucking game he is watching other people play it on youtube"

So true.

Encourage them to play another game. There some truly works of art games out there that should be appreciated.

Fortnite is a good example of what is wrong with the world, in game form.

"And bugger me if he is not playing the fucking game he is watching other people play it on youtube"

That's where they learn the angry behaviour from.

"

My grandsons can hold their own against adults but the arguing and shouting isn't acceptable.

When they get like that they get a time out and one is now only allowed an hour a night, and no headphones."

Oh they can play. But think of the way some adults play and what the kids learn from it.

These veterans are coming from COD probably, and the aggression on that game is beyond a joke. The game is about shooting people. It’s just my view, it means nothing.

But the matchmaking thing, age and ability should both be considered, Fortnite doesn’t do any, your just thrown in a pit.

"I take the controllers away"

I sold the PS4. . They can only play it now in the switch, knowing that’s where most of their friends are, and hopefully users of their own age.

Better than nerdcraft

Kid free here... but I have been known to get upset with my PC anyway

C

"You are not alone

But your right op, I know parents that won’t let kids play it because of the rumours of the problems it creates. "

It’s not so much the age of the players .. half the players are tricking servers and creating auto lock bots for easier kills and game play same with most things if someone can cheat they will haha .....

"Haven't let mine play it, looking at this thread seems like a good call "
Yeah a bit of gta will do them the world of good

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

My Sons mother gives him 45 minutes a day to play games -I get him on alterate weekends and allow him 2 hours (he's 14) -seems a good compromise to me

"My Sons mother gives him 45 minutes a day to play games -I get him on alterate weekends and allow him 2 hours (he's 14) -seems a good compromise to me"
ours has limited time still does not stop the paddy’s though

By *nvercoupleCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

It isn't the game that's the issue it's the people that play it. Gaming communities ridicule mistakes regardless of age. To be honest there should be an age restriction of all online games as it really is not healthy for children to be playing games with adults and that's even ignoring that they are strangers as well. But ultimate responsibility is with parents that some ignore or are just plain clueless over the dangers of it.

"It isn't the game that's the issue it's the people that play it. Gaming communities ridicule mistakes regardless of age. To be honest there should be an age restriction of all online games as it really is not healthy for children to be playing games with adults and that's even ignoring that they are strangers as well. But ultimate responsibility is with parents that some ignore or are just plain clueless over the dangers of it."

Very true. The vast majority of the toxic side of gaming are between the ages of 16-30. The worst being 18-24.

Like with everything it is not limited to this bracket.

Fortnite, it just creates silence in my house.

"Fortnite, it just creates silence in my house.

"

it does in our house, it is just when he is told to switch it off that all he’ll breaks loose. We restrict our kids screen time as we don’t think too much is healthy.

"Fortnite, it just creates silence in my house.

it does in our house, it is just when he is told to switch it off that all he’ll breaks loose. We restrict our kids screen time as we don’t think too much is healthy. "

I get a huff but I always win the argument

By *sm81Couple  over a year ago

warwickshire

youtube is my pet peeve, how is it even interesting to watch, I threatened to cancel sky and netflix lol

By *hongman1Man  over a year ago

Mansfield

"Kid free here... but I have been known to get upset with my PC anyway

C"

Same here, I’ve been known to narrowly miss the tv after a controller has gone flying!!

On anther note, I need to know what your training regime is, I’d give my left bollock to have a body like that lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

i dont really know what it is but cant you limit the time they spend on a console

We tried limiting the time but our kids spend most of the time in their rooms , we caught them still playing it when they shouldn't have been so they now have 2 x box ones without a plug on

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I can’t see the problem with it to be honest . Our lad gets home from school , plays for a bit outside , comes in and does his homework , has his tea then gets to do what he wants till bedtime . And that tends to be fortnite or something else online that he can play with his mates .

This gives us our time too , and although the lad gets a bit angry at times , by and large it’s just good fun for him .

My older kids now in their late twenties , did the same with halo when it came out , and it didn’t do them any harm either .

» Add a new message to this topic