FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Womens rights have come along way

Womens rights have come along way

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was watching the life of astrid lindgren yesterday, a famous swedish author and she have done lots of childrens tv seried, they talked about how women couldnt vote and have to be married amongst other things in the 40s, whats your view do we live in an equal society today? I dont think we do as, lots can be improved such as the pay gap.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Better? Yes

Equal? No.c

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Are we talking about western culture or worlwide?

"

Better? Yes

Equal? No.c"

In what way do you not think it’s equal? Are you talking about pay? Which occupations do women not get paid the same as men? Genuinely interested as all the jobs myself, friends and family have had ie: banking, public services, education have been equal pay. I’m self employed and I don’t think it makes any difference at all. You get out what you’re willing to put in. As for equality using the example where a man offered to help a woman with a buggy up some steps at a tube station and she refused the help asking him if he would have still offered to help if she had been a man, I find that absolutely ludicrous and have no time for that nonsense.

"Are we talking about western culture or worlwide?"
Yes it is about the western culturn and yes some other culture dont have any rights for women.

"

Better? Yes

Equal? No.c

In what way do you not think it’s equal? Are you talking about pay? Which occupations do women not get paid the same as men? Genuinely interested as all the jobs myself, friends and family have had ie: banking, public services, education have been equal pay. I’m self employed and I don’t think it makes any difference at all. You get out what you’re willing to put in. As for equality using the example where a man offered to help a woman with a buggy up some steps at a tube station and she refused the help asking him if he would have still offered to help if she had been a man, I find that absolutely ludicrous and have no time for that nonsense. "

I was thinking in terms of pay:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours/bulletins/genderpaygapintheuk/2018

(Nearly, but not quite, equal)

In terms of general rights worldwide: it's certainly improved (see women being allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia) but still not equal (women are still heavily oppressed in those same cultures).

C

"

Better? Yes

Equal? No.c

In what way do you not think it’s equal? Are you talking about pay? Which occupations do women not get paid the same as men? Genuinely interested as all the jobs myself, friends and family have had ie: banking, public services, education have been equal pay. I’m self employed and I don’t think it makes any difference at all. You get out what you’re willing to put in. As for equality using the example where a man offered to help a woman with a buggy up some steps at a tube station and she refused the help asking him if he would have still offered to help if she had been a man, I find that absolutely ludicrous and have no time for that nonsense.

I was thinking in terms of pay:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/earningsandworkinghours/bulletins/genderpaygapintheuk/2018

(Nearly, but not quite, equal)

In terms of general rights worldwide: it's certainly improved (see women being allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia) but still not equal (women are still heavily oppressed in those same cultures).

C"

Ah worldwide. Oh yes there’s a very long way to go. Apologies, I was referring to this country.

With regards to worldwide unfortunately I’m not sure that will change too much as a lot of it is down to culture and religion (although I would say more culture than religion).

"

Better? Yes

Equal? No.c"

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'd like to see equal attitudes too.

Women have rights? How the fuck did that happen?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Women have rights? How the fuck did that happen? "

we snuck it in while you lot were down the pub

"Women have rights? How the fuck did that happen?

we snuck it in while you lot were down the pub "

"Women have rights? How the fuck did that happen?

we snuck it in while you lot were down the pub "

It doesn't count because you can't vote yet..

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

I'm getting the feeling this is a blatant pandering to the opposite sex Op -any intelligent woman would smell a rat wrt your motives

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

This

Interesting points everyone

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I was watching the life of astrid lindgren yesterday, a famous swedish author and she have done lots of childrens tv seried, they talked about how women couldnt vote and have to be married amongst other things in the 40s, whats your view do we live in an equal society today? I dont think we do as, lots can be improved such as the pay gap."

Women cannot be said to be equal in sport for instance until they play in mixed events.

There is no reason to have separate men's and women's football teams, some women can run faster than many men, some women are stronger than many men, therefore if we want equality sport should be mixed male & female.

"I was watching the life of astrid lindgren yesterday, a famous swedish author and she have done lots of childrens tv seried, they talked about how women couldnt vote and have to be married amongst other things in the 40s, whats your view do we live in an equal society today? I dont think we do as, lots can be improved such as the pay gap.

Women cannot be said to be equal in sport for instance until they play in mixed events.

There is no reason to have separate men's and women's football teams, some women can run faster than many men, some women are stronger than many men, therefore if we want equality sport should be mixed male & female."

I think it would be an interesting addition to a lot of sports but it could never replace single sex sports completely.

C

By *lowstick66Man  over a year ago

m

whatever happened to my body my choice?

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"I was watching the life of astrid lindgren yesterday, a famous swedish author and she have done lots of childrens tv seried, they talked about how women couldnt vote and have to be married amongst other things in the 40s, whats your view do we live in an equal society today? I dont think we do as, lots can be improved such as the pay gap.

There is no reason to have separate men's and women's football teams, some women can run faster than many men, some women are stronger than many men, therefore if we want equality sport should be mixed male & female."

At the lower level of sports you could possibly get away with this argument but at the top level of many sports the physical differences are too big and it would often be dangerous.

Top level rugby is the most obvious example.

I would like to see an open category which was available to all but I am fairly sure the best would not play in it. Happy to be proven wrong.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

There is no reason to have separate men's and women's football teams, some women can run faster than many men, some women are stronger than many men, therefore if we want equality sport should be mixed male & female.

At the lower level of sports you could possibly get away with this argument but at the top level of many sports the physical differences are too big and it would often be dangerous.

I would like to see an open category which was available to all but I am fairly sure the best would not play in it. Happy to be proven wrong."

I say let’s just remove men’s and woman’s sides in sports and make it all mixed

Then sit back and wait for the shit storm that “women are represented enough in sport” when all the top professional teams and athletes are still entirely male

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I would like to see an open category which was available to all but I am fairly sure the best would not play in it. Happy to be proven wrong."

You wouldn’t be proven wrong. Especially at top level. I’m all for equality but for goodness sake you can’t argue with fact and reality!

» Add a new message to this topic