FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fast forwarding a few days!!!

Fast forwarding a few days!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How I'd like the ability of fast forwarding a few days this week. Have to go for an annual glucose tolerance test, which in itself shouldn't be any trouble. Have to fast for 12 hours before the test and then have blood taken (here lies the problem). They always have difficulty with this, I then have to down a bottle of lucozade and sit in the surgery waiting room for the next two hours. Not allowed home just in case I do anything strenuous (shows they don't know me lol), so have to sit amongst all the really ill patients, great!! After two hours are up the real fun begins, how or where to get the next lot of blood from. I usually end up like a pin cushion which later in the week turns into the most amazing coloured bruises. Why can't I be like others who walk in and out so quickly with no trouble at all, it's just not fair. OH well roll on next week. What would you like to fast forward for?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do feel for you there as I hate needles and have often come away from a blood test with both arms covered in bruises and the sadists don't care

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I do feel for you there as I hate needles and have often come away from a blood test with both arms covered in bruises and the sadists don't care "

Think they get a bit of pleasure out of it really, I do test their skills though and are usually the first patient of the day, so at least after me things can only get better as the songs says lol.

I am lucky... Its easy to take my bloods... My nurses tell me that Im a bleeder...

HCA's wont take my blood anymore on Doctors do it. Im lucky in the sense i don't mind them taking it.

Think most tries was 9 (3 different people) before a trip to hospital to see the phlebotomists (if that's spelt right)

Most painful place was ankle or wrist

I have a medical every 6 months, which includes at least one blood test.

I suppose I'm lucky that I'm a good bleeder, I rarely bruise either.

Kate is the opposite. She has naturally low blood pressure, she always has difficulty letting blood, and she bruises quite severely.

I have to wait 3 months to speak to a spinal surgeon in the meantime I can't risk 'playing' I would LOVE to fast forward that!

Praise be for the Magic Wand

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

They can never find any veins with me.. One asked did I used to inject drugs they are so bad... I said a few choice words to her...

» Add a new message to this topic