FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ego or confidence

Ego or confidence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many people have found this site to boost there ego and like wise how many people have had there confidence knocked I've found it can be quite challenging

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mines gone thru the roof in the last year or so iv discovered my own worth as well as other things

The people I have met have really boosted my confidence. One lady has changed my life for the better in many ways and we didn't even have sex!

Making lots of friends for life here! Never had anything like this before!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's good to hear I think you just need patience and broad shoulders and hopefully I will find some nice people

My adoration for my wife has gone up since I've found just how many people think my wife is hot.

Confidence could go either way, most of the time the people are just chatting to get to the wife and I'm just an extra thing in their way

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Can be a fine line between confident and egotistical at times

But confidence is always good

Ups and downs. But my confidence doesn’t come from a website or the strangers that don’t know me.

People who are personally involved in my life give me confidence. But for an ego boost? I’m not here for an ego boost I don’t think, otherwise I’d be begging for my pics to be fabbed.

It would be hard not to get a false ego boost when you have over a thousand messages from men saying they want to shag you. You need to keep your logical head on and remember that the same men will be messaging every other woman on here asking them for the same.

"It would be hard not to get a false ego boost when you have over a thousand messages from men saying they want to shag you. You need to keep your logical head on and remember that the same men will be messaging every other woman on here asking them for the same. "

Yep they even message me.

It's given me the confidence to go for what I want and not to settle for what I don't

By *annooWoman  over a year ago

Hastings

I've had both, this site gave me a confidence boost as never forget appealing to the opposite sex till came on here and made friends

But also had alot of knocks as guys & couples when they don't get what they want will go from chatting you up, to full on putting you down, making you feel unworthy and making you question your own worth, it's quite upsetting but it years to put a lesson that it takes time to get to know people and people who turn nasty or rude life that weren't worth the meet our chat anyway

I find it's Ying Yang on here

By *andyladMan  over a year ago

Hereorthere

Still working on the confidence aspect

My confidence never needed any help!

"Mines gone thru the roof in the last year or so iv discovered my own worth as well as other things"

Apparently attributing your self worth to attractiveness to people is wrong. You need to love yourself or some shit.

As for the OP, if I had any ego to begin with, this site has absolutely wrecked it . You gotta laugh though.

I didn’t need an ego/confidence boost when I joined, and I haven’t gotten any

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

"I didn’t need an ego/confidence boost when I joined, and I haven’t gotten any"

Same

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

When my Wife left me for another Guy, my confidence dropped for a while. About a day.

So I embraced the freedom and started again from nothing, no job or place of my own. One and a half years later a decent job and my own flat full of my own stuff. Freedom to come and go, went to Thailand last year on my own had a great time.

I’m lucky, I know I am, as I have the confidence to carry on. It’s not arrogance, it’s experience and being aware that everything can be taken away from you tomorrow as it was from me.

I hope that makes sense

"When my Wife left me for another Guy, my confidence dropped for a while. About a day.

So I embraced the freedom and started again from nothing, no job or place of my own. One and a half years later a decent job and my own flat full of my own stuff. Freedom to come and go, went to Thailand last year on my own had a great time.

I’m lucky, I know I am, as I have the confidence to carry on. It’s not arrogance, it’s experience and being aware that everything can be taken away from you tomorrow as it was from me.

I hope that makes sense "

By *hor ThumbMan  over a year ago

bristol

"How many people have found this site to boost there ego and like wise how many people have had there confidence knocked I've found it can be quite challenging "
it can be a fine line with some people

"It would be hard not to get a false ego boost when you have over a thousand messages from men saying they want to shag you. You need to keep your logical head on and remember that the same men will be messaging every other woman on here asking them for the same. "

This. You gotta keep it real

By *aveyIOM1970Man  over a year ago

douglas

I came on to FAB to try and boost my confidence after a separation/divorce.

I don't really invest that much emotion into it. It's nice to get the compliments but I'm also aware the 963 other girls they said the same thing to kinda takes away a bit of the shine.

I don't think I would be here if I didn't already have some sexual confidence.

"How many people have found this site to boost there ego and like wise how many people have had there confidence knocked I've found it can be quite challenging "

Sounds like an unhealthy mental roundabout. I have required nor suffered either.

read quite a few self confidence books-all boil down to Two phrases: "Act as if" (eg act as if you're confident ) and "Just do it" ..seems to work !

It has definitely made me more self conscious of my own body until i have had a couple of vodka and lemonades...then all my doubts evaporate..I still doubt myself even if someone is telling me otherwise..i then think they are just saying whatever it takes to get into my knickers.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"My adoration for my wife has gone up since I've found just how many people think my wife is hot."

Such a lovely thing to say!

First of you're blurring the lines of ego and confidence. The ego emerges in two distinct ways: arrogant and overly confident or vulnerable and defensive. These are the reasons why the ego is often called fragile.

If the site boosts/knocks the ego, then perhaps the site isn't the place for you as during one's life, we must learn to quash the ego and become self aware.

In other words, don't allow the behavior or attitude of others to affect your self-esteem. Just enjoy the site for what it may provide:temporary entertainment

Hasn’t boosted my “ego” nor has it knocked my confidence as I don’t let the empty compliments or bitter insults get to me.

It’s always nice to recieve a compliment of course, but I certainly don’t let it go to my head. Not everyone will find you attractive.

That ego thing can be boosted easily in here I suppose, but my confidence comes from my own life outside of FAB, that gives me the confidence to be here in the first place.

"How many people have found this site to boost there ego and like wise how many people have had there confidence knocked I've found it can be quite challenging

That ego thing can be boosted easily in here I suppose, but my confidence comes from my own life outside of FAB, that gives me the confidence to be here in the first place. "

I think those who've had great increases in confidence here are in danger of a crash in the real world.

Confidence based on sexual flattery and from those out to gain something from you is a great feeling but not necessarily that genuine and lasting?

i Think you have to have an open mind and thick skin and know what this site is really about and how it works, I can see how it could inflate women’s ego as the y are massively outnumbered by men and get innondated, you would be a fool to use that to build confidence, but at the same time it’s a platform to allow you to post daring pics, flirt a little more and be able to not be so as vanilla as society expects. It does also put u in touch with like minded people who clearly have similar interests Things you probably wouldn’t discuss with Mrs wilson from n0 12 !! Therefore giving u a bit more freedom to be open about what you like without being frowned upon so yes, I’d say can give u more confidence.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Definitely didn’t come here to boost my ego.

I suppose your confidence can get a little boost but I found that short lived. I take it all with a pinch of salt, do my own thing and that keeps me happy

Not me to both as it knock me down

» Add a new message to this topic