FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Slimming World 2019

Slimming World 2019

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm tired of being unhappy in my own body, tired of lacking confidence and tired of moaning about my weight so today I bit the bullet and joined Slimming World.

I don't want my son to be known as the boy with the fat mum. I want to be around to see him grow up and I don't want to get to the point where I need the nhs to try and fix me when their money is desperately needed for more important things.

If anyone else is following SW, feel free to post support and help others achieve their goals.

Please no hating...if you have nothing nice to stay, politely leave without posting!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Well done for making that first big step and joining SW

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I rejoined this morning.

My usual group but a new leader and she seems really fitness focused which is such a nice change.

Good luck to all the Fab SWers!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m in!

Yes I’ve been doing it for a while now. Back on it 100% on Monday to shift the Christmas excess.

It works and it’s so sustainable. Good luck! X

Good luck ladies! You all look amazing xx

"

It works and it’s so sustainable. Good luck! X"

Thanks hun. You too x

"

Good luck to all the Fab SWers! "

Good luck hun xx

I'm considering rejoining.

I joined about 2 years ago and I lost two stone in 3 months but then kind of lost motivation.

I think if I do join I'm going to join a different group this time. The group I went to before the consultant was brilliant but kind of a victim of her own success. The groups were massive with at least 40 people each time and often you could end up with 60 people so it was hard to kind of get any individual support or ask questions ect. So that kind of put me off a bit but I do need to get back on it.

Very best of luck.

I know we have chatted on many occasions so if I can be supportive in any way just get in touch.

Always nice to hear from you xx

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'm back on mine. Lost 8lb since just before Xmas.

My daughter just hit her target of 4 stone lost... And I cook for her.. So I have no excuses.

I Joined over Xmas. Mark has been doing it for the last year but I needed to join too so I did, lost 5 lbs in my 1st week, #Overthemoon .

"I'm back on mine. Lost 8lb since just before Xmas.

My daughter just hit her target of 4 stone lost... And I cook for her.. So I have no excuses. "

Wow! Well done to you both, especially your daughter! That’s awesome x

Im joining again on Monday x

Hefty Hideaway

"I Joined over Xmas. Mark has been doing it for the last year but I needed to join too so I did, lost 5 lbs in my 1st week, #Overthemoon ."

High five!!

My daughter just hit her target of 4 stone lost... And I cook for her.. So I have no excuses.

Wow! Well done to you both, especially your daughter! That’s awesome x"

She is so happy. She has downs syndrome so it was hard for her. She got a dress for an event in December and she was so happy as it was a size 12.

You need to try Coca Cola chicken on slimming world it’s amazing.

I would say it’s the best diet about and you still get to eat a lot. Iceland also do slimming world meals and Asda so slimzone meals that go with the program.

Good luck. I lost 3 stone with it, I’ve put 14lbs back on so I’m back on it. Feel free to pm me of you want support or swap recipes xxx

"I Joined over Xmas. Mark has been doing it for the last year but I needed to join too so I did, lost 5 lbs in my 1st week, #Overthemoon .

High five!!"

Best of luck to you sexy xx

Wow! Well done to you both, especially your daughter! That’s awesome x

She is so happy. She has downs syndrome so it was hard for her. She got a dress for an event in December and she was so happy as it was a size 12."

Amazing achievement! I bet she looked beautiful xxx

I've done it a few times and still loosely follow it.

Look online for pinch of nom website, good recipes. If you like Chinese curry you must buy Mayflower curry powder which is low on syns.

Good luck x

I'm starting back on slimfast today after pigging out for Xmas lol

By *ettingboyMan  over a year ago

Dagenhamish

Best of luck to all the ladies and men who have begun the year with the drive to lose weight. I have lost just over 2 stone in the last year by joining the gym. You have to become a bit selfish to succeed in have found. Like everyone I over indulged on choccy and booze at Xmas. Back hard on it now and determined to go down another trouser size.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"I'm tired of being unhappy in my own body, tired of lacking confidence and tired of moaning about my weight so today I bit the bullet and joined Slimming World.

I don't want my son to be known as the boy with the fat mum. I want to be around to see him grow up and I don't want to get to the point where I need the nhs to try and fix me when their money is desperately needed for more important things.

If anyone else is following SW, feel free to post support and help others achieve their goals.

Please no hating...if you have nothing nice to stay, politely leave without posting!

"

I’m seriously contemplating joining! I’m going to try on my own for a few weeks I think - but join if I can’t do it alone! Xx

We can all support each other xx

I joined, dieted and was misserable. Now I exercise

More and eat in moderation and things are slowly coming together

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I'm a target member and have been for a few years. My advice would be make sure you have your 15 sins aday dont forget your A and B choices daily. Learn your free foods and eat like you've never eaten before.

Good luck x

Waste of time.

Just each small portions.

"Waste of time.

"

Crap Ive never eaten so much as when I did Slimming World. Free foods are just that...eat as much as you can. The more food I had the more weight I loss. So you are so wrong.

"Waste of time.

Crap Ive never eaten so much as when I did Slimming World. Free foods are just that...eat as much as you can. The more food I had the more weight I loss. So you are so wrong. "

That was actually the thing I struggled with the most when I did it before. You've actually got to eat quite a lot especially of the free and speed foods. I did well on it but my downfall was the forward planning because that's the key really.

"I'm a target member and have been for a few years. My advice would be make sure you have your 15 sins aday dont forget your A and B choices daily. Learn your free foods and eat like you've never eaten before.

Good luck x"

yeah I always use my syns. Loving the two A choices now too

"I joined, dieted and was misserable. Now I exercise

More and eat in moderation and things are slowly coming together"

it isn't a diet though.

"Waste of time.

Crap Ive never eaten so much as when I did Slimming World. Free foods are just that...eat as much as you can. The more food I had the more weight I loss. So you are so wrong.

That was actually the thing I struggled with the most when I did it before. You've actually got to eat quite a lot especially of the free and speed foods. I did well on it but my downfall was the forward planning because that's the key really. "

Yes that's true. I found that if I surrounded myself in free foods I always had food to eat. Those healthy extra bars you get from the classes are lush

"I joined, dieted and was misserable. Now I exercise

More and eat in moderation and things are slowly coming together it isn't a diet though. "

It's a food plan and a way of life

"Waste of time.

That was actually the thing I struggled with the most when I did it before. You've actually got to eat quite a lot especially of the free and speed foods. I did well on it but my downfall was the forward planning because that's the key really.

Yes that's true. I found that if I surrounded myself in free foods I always had food to eat. Those healthy extra bars you get from the classes are lush "

If I'm honest it's the breakfast I struggle with the most. I don't always want to use cereal as my healthy extra or all of my milk. Plus fruit and yoghurt every morning is just boring so if anyone has any really brilliant suggestions I'd love to hear them. Also lunch suggestions because again salad everyday or a mug shot is just boring. That's where I went wrong last time I think I didn't mix things up enough and I lost a lot of weight very quickly but then just got bored I guess.

"Waste of time.

Yes that's true. I found that if I surrounded myself in free foods I always had food to eat. Those healthy extra bars you get from the classes are lush

If I'm honest it's the breakfast I struggle with the most. I don't always want to use cereal as my healthy extra or all of my milk. Plus fruit and yoghurt every morning is just boring so if anyone has any really brilliant suggestions I'd love to hear them. Also lunch suggestions because again salad everyday or a mug shot is just boring. That's where I went wrong last time I think I didn't mix things up enough and I lost a lot of weight very quickly but then just got bored I guess. "

You get two a choices now which makes it easier. I nearly always have a cooked breakfast. If I'm in rush I put it all in a little pot and shove it in the oven while I shower etc. Then pop the egg on top. Another 10mins and full breakfast

"Waste of time.

If I'm honest it's the breakfast I struggle with the most. I don't always want to use cereal as my healthy extra or all of my milk. Plus fruit and yoghurt every morning is just boring so if anyone has any really brilliant suggestions I'd love to hear them. Also lunch suggestions because again salad everyday or a mug shot is just boring. That's where I went wrong last time I think I didn't mix things up enough and I lost a lot of weight very quickly but then just got bored I guess.

You get two a choices now which makes it easier. I nearly always have a cooked breakfast. If I'm in rush I put it all in a little pot and shove it in the oven while I shower etc. Then pop the egg on top. Another 10mins and full breakfast "

That's a really good idea and I also I'd love some ideas regarding adding speed foods in particularly vegetables rather than fruit.

By *c1989Woman  over a year ago

Manchester

For breakfast I make the egg muffins off the website. I tend to use a deep baking tray to make portions though rather than a muffin tin. You can make a few brekkies in advance then.

I tried overnight oats. Not for me them.

I don't go to a group just use the book. Lost 3 stone last year but fell off the wagon due to a short lived health issue.

It wouldnt call it a diet its more of an aid to making better more varied food choices. I back on it somewhat this week. Getting my cupboards and fridge in order now all the Xmas goodies have gone.

"For breakfast I make the egg muffins off the website. I tend to use a deep baking tray to make portions though rather than a muffin tin. You can make a few brekkies in advance then.

I don't go to a group just use the book. Lost 3 stone last year but fell off the wagon due to a short lived health issue.

It wouldnt call it a diet its more of an aid to making better more varied food choices. I back on it somewhat this week. Getting my cupboards and fridge in order now all the Xmas goodies have gone.

"

I love the egg muffins

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman  over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

I’m back on it lost 7 stone the last time I did it n got back down to size12 from a 24 , now I’m back to a size 18 n need to be back in my size 14 for June n Glastonbury so game on for me no more wk end drink binges n mayhem for me , quiet nights in eating fruit n drinking water I WILL do this!! X

Manchester

"

I love the egg muffins "

Do you do them using actual muffin cases? I did once and they didn't come out too well.

Always looking for different breakfast options.

I'll be following this thread with interest.

"I’m back on it lost 7 stone the last time I did it n got back down to size12 from a 24 , now I’m back to a size 18 n need to be back in my size 14 for June n Glastonbury so game on for me no more wk end drink binges n mayhem for me , quiet nights in eating fruit n drinking water I WILL do this!! X"

Good luck!! Smash it!

I need to drink more water, that’s my downfall. I need to get myself a water bottle where I can see what I’m drinking. I know it helps weight loss but I find it sooooooo hard...

"I'm tired of being unhappy in my own body, tired of lacking confidence and tired of moaning about my weight so today I bit the bullet and joined Slimming World.

"

Well done you. I'm also a sw member.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I need your courage well done

"I'm a target member and have been for a few years. My advice would be make sure you have your 15 sins aday dont forget your A and B choices daily. Learn your free foods and eat like you've never eaten before.

Good luck x"

Xx

I LOVE SW. It's the only thing I've managed to stick to easily. I've lost 2.5 stone since July and it's stayed off for once. I don't think I've ever eaten so much!

There are some great support groups to follow on social media and I love going to group every week and being inspired by others.

My weight loss has slowed right down over the last couple of months so I'm going to introduce exercise and try an SP week. I've got 9lb to shift until target and I'm determined to do it by March.

Good luck with your journey. Let us know how you get on xx

"

I love the egg muffins

Do you do them using actual muffin cases? I did once and they didn't come out too well.

Always looking for different breakfast options.

I'll be following this thread with interest. "

No just the silicon muffin trays. Also do mini ones for buffets or pack up

Best of luck ladies.

Me and my wife are starting our campaign of eating healthy and exercises. We've a bit extra since we had our youngest daughter, but she is nearly 3 so that excuse is getting less and reliable.

By *eplicant JoWoman  over a year ago

Sussex countryside

Good luck

I have not joined but am trying on my own for a while. Lets see how I do first

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Good luck in your journey, I’m on a proper get fit thing at the moment but vodka won tonight

"Very best of luck.

I know we have chatted on many occasions so if I can be supportive in any way just get in touch.

Always nice to hear from you xx"

Thanks lovely xxx

Wow!!! Loving all of the feedback, great results and support so far.

Would anyone be interested in joining a kik group to support each other if I started one? Xx

"Wow!!! Loving all of the feedback, great results and support so far.

Would anyone be interested in joining a kik group to support each other if I started one? Xx"

I'd be up for that x

By *ettingboyMan  over a year ago

Dagenhamish

Would anyone be interested in joining a kik group to support each other if I started one? Xx"

I don't have Kik. Twitter Skype or whatsapp maybe?

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

Good luck x"

So what your saying is eat as much free food as you want you won't put weight on. Can you sit around do nothing all day or do you need to work that free food off X

Would anyone be interested in joining a kik group to support each other if I started one? Xx

I don't have Kik. Twitter Skype or whatsapp maybe?"

I don’t have Kik either but I’d be up for a support group. I can get it if that’s the only option x

I don't have Kik. Twitter Skype or whatsapp maybe?"

I don't think it'd be wise to share numbers. Not everyone's thing. X

I'd be up for it

I'll drop you a message for your kik if anyone fancies it x

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Would anyone be interested in joining a kik group to support each other if I started one? Xx I'd be up for it "

Yip....if itd be alright

I'd be up for it always helps having support

"

Yip....if itd be alright

"

Of course x

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Dont give up....its not a diet...its a healthy eating plan...a diet suggests that your gonna revert back to what you were eating....stick with it....results will show

"

Good luck OP,

I know I could do with shedding some weight, just need to find a fun way of doing it!

I would although going down the WW route I think as SW doesn't work for me due to the carby nature of it. X

I really want to rejoin but can't find a group I can fit in. If there is a kik group PLEASE let me join, then I can just do online membership as I'd have the support xx

"I really want to rejoin but can't find a group I can fit in. If there is a kik group PLEASE let me join, then I can just do online membership as I'd have the support xx"

I'll msg you now hun x

X

By *voryforebonyMan  over a year ago

boogie town

"

I've done SW and it was great, worked a treat. The one tip I'd give you though besides having will power is find some form of exercise you enjoy and keep at it. I hate going to the gym but I love spinning and more recently took up running. The combination of SW and regular exercise will work a treat and once the weight starts to come off you'll be addicted to slimming and feel great. Good luck, here's routing for you! X

"

I've done SW and it was great, worked a treat. The one tip I'd give you though besides having will power is find some form of exercise you enjoy and keep at it. I hate going to the gym but I love spinning and more recently took up running. The combination of SW and regular exercise will work a treat and once the weight starts to come off you'll be addicted to slimming and feel great. Good luck, here's routing for you! X"

Thanks honey. I'll give it a go.

I did spinning once, thought I was going to die haha x

boogie town

"

I've done SW and it was great, worked a treat. The one tip I'd give you though besides having will power is find some form of exercise you enjoy and keep at it. I hate going to the gym but I love spinning and more recently took up running. The combination of SW and regular exercise will work a treat and once the weight starts to come off you'll be addicted to slimming and feel great. Good luck, here's routing for you! X

I did spinning once, thought I was going to die haha x"

Yep, that's spinning! If you do it right it is hard but if you keep at it your fitness level will Rocket.

boogie town

"

I did spinning once, thought I was going to die haha x"

.. And you'll end up with a cute bum like mine XXX

I joined at the end of July and have lost 3 st 1lb so far, only another 13lb to go

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Lost over 10st in total thanks to SW

Still more to loose but I’m getting there

"I joined at the end of July and have lost 3 st 1lb so far, only another 13lb to go "

Well done x

By *ong legs n LingeireWoman  over a year ago

it up to me neck. :-)

"I joined at the end of July and have lost 3 st 1lb so far, only another 13lb to go "

Fantastic. I joined in July. Hot my target a week before Christmas. I’ve lost just under 2 stone. Xx

I’m gonna join my local group once I’m settled in my new village. I know it works. I lost over 3 stone last time. Need to loose about 6 now haha, trouble is when you give up the pounds pile back on and more so! This time I’m gonna try do it for life not for a period of time.

boogie town

Good on you, keep going. Bet you feel great even now, don't give up!

Should start a video fitness group or something.

Ok I'm a pervert but give me marks for trying

My wife has done very well with Slimming World,she's lost over three stone since last June.

I’m joining to one on Thursday. Hoping it will help me pick my confidence back up. Also as moving to London from wales 3 months ago I could meet new people.

K x

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"

You've got a fabulous body. I've always admired your pics.

But yes slimming world does work. I was one of only 2 blokes at my local chub club, I lost about a stone and a half before a holiday.

Hefty Hideaway

Ok I'm a pervert but give me marks for trying "

Oh this actually works. When I pulled a muscle in my arse cheek one of Fabs sexiest ladies sent me a video of herself demonstrating the stretch. It worked for my pulled muscle. It’s now in my perve folder. Sorry lady (not sorry)

"

Oh this actually works. When I pulled a muscle in my arse cheek one of Fabs sexiest ladies sent me a video of herself demonstrating the stretch. It worked for my pulled muscle. It’s now in my perve folder. Sorry lady (not sorry) "

Love it haha xx

"

You've got a fabulous body. I've always admired your pics.

But yes slimming world does work. I was one of only 2 blokes at my local chub club, I lost about a stone and a half before a holiday. "

Awwww thank you

Nice one hun. I'm really looking forward to it xx

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

I’ve been thinking about what I’m going to do and I’ve decided I’m going to rejoin Slimming World. I just need to decide if I’m going to group or doing it online

Ok I'm a pervert but give me marks for trying

Oh this actually works. When I pulled a muscle in my arse cheek one of Fabs sexiest ladies sent me a video of herself demonstrating the stretch. It worked for my pulled muscle. It’s now in my perve folder. Sorry lady (not sorry) "

Get a group on Skype why not? It works. Makes it fun

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

Well done to everyone that's joined SW or lost weight. I'm looking at joining our local group this week but could do with some support!

Would love to be part of the kik group if you set one up.

L x

"For breakfast I make the egg muffins off the website. I tend to use a deep baking tray to make portions though rather than a muffin tin. You can make a few brekkies in advance then.

I tried the overnight oats too but found them very cloying to taste and texture

Now what I do is add the joghurt to the Oats 15-20 minutes before I want them and they are much better this way

"

"I joined at the end of July and have lost 3 st 1lb so far, only another 13lb to go

Fantastic. I joined in July. Hot my target a week before Christmas. I’ve lost just under 2 stone. Xx"

That’s great, well done. X

I'm just going to eat healthy and do more exercise. I'm really motivated this time to lose some so good luck to you all, here's to us all looking and feeling better

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Gonna be so much easier for me to do now my new cookers come and I can catch cook my SW recipes to take to work again

God bless the January sales

Slimming World has been working for me. Feels great, to fit back into slimmer clothes again, after years of not being able to shift the chubbs.

Tbh, the whole group thing doesn't work for me though - sitting around clapping each other & talking about recipes, etc - I prefer to do it alone.

Normally just turn up, hand over my fiver and get weighed, before scarpering.

Disappointed about xmas gains, mainly because I've been avoiding all the obvious naughty stuff.

At least I know it will come back off again, with a bit of work.

Xmas food has all gone, so back on plan this week. Walked 12 miles, done 1000 strokes on rowing machine & 500 lifts on the weights.

"

Good for you. The first step is acknowledging that you want to/need to lose weight. I went through the same thing in January 2016 and decided enough was enough and finding size 38 waist jeans/trousers was too much and at 18st I was well overweight. I began light walking (later I started running) and changed my diet by replacing snacks for fruit. By the end of 2016 I was 13st. It's possible. Just keep the focus and don't be disheartened if one week you lose a pound where the previous week you lost 3. Weight loss is weight loss and it's not a competition. Once you lose the weight just be sure to maintain the loss. I found that eating healthy can be fun and it opened my eyes to different foods and flavours. All the very best to you.

Thank you for the lovely comments everyone. So many successful stories xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

good on you... i joined SW this time last year.... I have lost about 3st so far... you'll be surprise with what you can eat and get away with..... but it just the mindset of changing what you ear

I re joined wednesday. have had a terrible first week though

If anyone wants to drop me a message and we can support each other feel free

T

Would also love to be on kik group if you do one

Keep motivated.

I would if someone is starting one xx

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I commend any institution that promotes eating habitual healthy tasty food and not fast quick fix

[Removed by poster at 06/01/19 16:58:02]

Those that have asked to join kik

, I've dropped you a message x

Bum....p

Best way to do it

I achieved my target today that I set back at the end of July, I have set another target today though

Rejoined on Saturday and have been filling in my food diary every day.

Someone brought a tin of Quality Street into the office this week and I've not touched a single one, feeling very proud of myself and loving that we now get two HE A's.

"I achieved my target today that I set back at the end of July, I have set another target today though "

Yay

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Absolutely no hating from me only admiration for you seeking make a significant change to your life.

When I was a highly competetive athlete, I used to see over-weight people out training and would wonder why they bothered now, having been Ill for many years with a heart condition, and knowing how much of a struggle it is to get back to fittness, I have nothing but respect for anyone who is prepare to take on that challenge. Good luck OP!

I was thinking about it mainly for my daughter...I was always very slim as a teen but she seems to have developed faster and has been gaining weight...so I thought if I did it with her it wouldn't do me any harm and would help her maybe set up for a healthy way of choosing when it comes to food.

Don't get me wrong she isn't massively over weight but I don't want her heading down that road.

Although I've stopped buying snacks at home she spends half the time with her dad and it's take aways and chips and whatever else she wants when there.

"I achieved my target today that I set back at the end of July, I have set another target today though "

Nice one hun. Well done x

"Rejoined on Saturday and have been filling in my food diary every day.

Someone brought a tin of Quality Street into the office this week and I've not touched a single one, feeling very proud of myself and loving that we now get two HE A's. "

Good on you hun. Don't go without totally though or you'll crack up lol x

"Absolutely no hating from me only admiration for you seeking make a significant change to your life.

When I was a highly competetive athlete, I used to see over-weight people out training and would wonder why they bothered now, having been Ill for many years with a heart condition, and knowing how much of a struggle it is to get back to fittness, I have nothing but respect for anyone who is prepare to take on that challenge. Good luck OP!"

Thank you hun. I'm sorry to hear you're unwell. It must be really tough having been so active xxx

"I was thinking about it mainly for my daughter...I was always very slim as a teen but she seems to have developed faster and has been gaining weight...so I thought if I did it with her it wouldn't do me any harm and would help her maybe set up for a healthy way of choosing when it comes to food.

Don't get me wrong she isn't massively over weight but I don't want her heading down that road.

Although I've stopped buying snacks at home she spends half the time with her dad and it's take aways and chips and whatever else she wants when there."

My mum has done the same. The more support the better.

For anyone that kissed it, I have a Kik support group if anyone would like to join x

some where in yorkshire

Hell yes x

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Is slimming world worth joining? I try to cut down portion sizes but work shifts so can't always eat regular. Plus lactose intolerant so can't have the milkshakes x

I got my 3 and half stone award today

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"I got my 3 and half stone award today "

Well done you! Great achievement!

"I got my 3 and half stone award today

Well done you! Great achievement! "

Thanks just a little more left to lose now

"I got my 3 and half stone award today "

Amazing!!! Well done x

By *istretchMan  over a year ago

leeds

Is sw good for someone who suffers from migraines? .the obvious swapping meals for shakes killed me last time lol

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

Slimming World have some great ready meals available at Iceland if your short on time. They also have the recipe printed on the box if you prefer to cook it from scratch afterwards for another time. Aldi also do the exact same meals for cheaper.

"Is slimming world worth joining? I try to cut down portion sizes but work shifts so can't always eat regular. Plus lactose intolerant so can't have the milkshakes x"

It's fab! I've lost 2 1/2 stone since July on it. Best thing I ever did x

By *aven RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Is slimming world worth joining? I try to cut down portion sizes but work shifts so can't always eat regular. Plus lactose intolerant so can't have the milkshakes x

It's fab! I've lost 2 1/2 stone since July on it. Best thing I ever did x"

Can you do it without the milkshakes? X

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I love slimming world! I lost 3.5 stone on it before I became ill xx

Manchester

To anyone mentioning milkshakes. Are you not thinking of slimfast?

On slimming world you limit/manage your milk/dairy intake, and the amount depends on whether it's green or blue or red top. You limit your intake and have it as a healthy extra anything over and above your allowance would be "syned". I'm not sure how milk alternatives work though as I don't use them.

If you can't have milk well that's ok surely? You can follow the other rules...

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

"Is slimming world worth joining? I try to cut down portion sizes but work shifts so can't always eat regular. Plus lactose intolerant so can't have the milkshakes x

It's fab! I've lost 2 1/2 stone since July on it. Best thing I ever did x

Can you do it without the milkshakes? X"

No milkshakes involved.

How's everyone doing on this? I have done a week on this without going to class. I've really enjoyed trying out recipes and made lots of lovely syn free meals. I'm determined to get the weight off for summer. My only downfall is wine.

Chams or Socials

"How's everyone doing on this? I have done a week on this without going to class. I've really enjoyed trying out recipes and made lots of lovely syn free meals. I'm determined to get the weight off for summer. My only downfall is wine.

"

We’ve had a food & alcohol fuelled week away. Scales were very kind but need to get back on plan now

J

"How's everyone doing on this? I have done a week on this without going to class. I've really enjoyed trying out recipes and made lots of lovely syn free meals. I'm determined to get the weight off for summer. My only downfall is wine.

We’ve had a food & alcohol fuelled week away. Scales were very kind but need to get back on plan now

J "

You've got to treat yourself on holiday

"Good luck ladies! You all look amazing xx"

Men do slimming world as well. I joined in feburary. Ive lost 8lb. Stick to it and the weight will fall off. I have my own weigh in on a sunday morning.

Good luck x"

How are you doing on Slimming world now. It’s been a few weeks since you joined.

Is it suiting you?

"

Chams or Socials

"Good luck ladies! You all look amazing xx

Men do slimming world as well. I joined in feburary. Ive lost 8lb. Stick to it and the weight will fall off. I have my own weigh in on a sunday morning. "

We have some amazing male members at my group - they’ve gone from having no kitchen skills at all to losing 7stone plus. Keep at it - you’re doing great x

J

Cut potatoes/carbs out of your diet and cut down on eating as much... I've lost 6st it's slow because I've not exercised much but it'd be much faster if I did. ... I used to be 23st now 17.

44 waste to a 36 , XXL to l and from size 14 shoes to size 10.....I never knew feet would shrink haha

"Cut potatoes/carbs out of your diet and cut down on eating as much... I've lost 6st it's slow because I've not exercised much but it'd be much faster if I did. ... I used to be 23st now 17.

44 waste to a 36 , XXL to l and from size 14 shoes to size 10.....I never knew feet would shrink haha"

My sister has lost 8 stone and her shoe size has gone down 2 sizes

Scarlett joined slimming world with her friend from work. It helped her lose weight. She was very happy with the whole process.

I've stuck to it massively this week but today I feel like I've put weight on. I feel like a balloon ready to pop. Is it water retention as it's my first week?

By *unkymonkey300Man  over a year ago

Cheshire

I did SW online took Me 3yrs but I lost 8stone (yes I was a fat bugger) got down to 16 stone and felt great

Sadly my will power crumbled and I've managed to put 6stone back on so it's back to being a fat git which I am bloody annoyed about and my joints are starting to ache and things are starting to rub

I've decided to rejoin and start again as I found once into it things were quite easy and I never felt hungry

This time I'm considering joining a group but I'm shy and worried I will be the biggest person there and that's putting me off no end I'm thinking a group may help but at the same time I'm worried what people might think of my excessive middle age and a bit spread

"Cut potatoes/carbs out of your diet and cut down on eating as much... I've lost 6st it's slow because I've not exercised much but it'd be much faster if I did. ... I used to be 23st now 17.

44 waste to a 36 , XXL to l and from size 14 shoes to size 10.....I never knew feet would shrink haha"

Not necessarily the case

I lost just over 3st with SW in around 5 months

As soon as I added exercise in, the losses stopped and I haven't lost a pound since

I haven't put any on though and I do like a cake , so it is working

My body is slowly changing and I am getting fitter, so all's good

Losing inches as opposed to pounds

"I did SW online took Me 3yrs but I lost 8stone (yes I was a fat bugger) got down to 16 stone and felt great

Sadly my will power crumbled and I've managed to put 6stone back on so it's back to being a fat git which I am bloody annoyed about and my joints are starting to ache and things are starting to rub

I've decided to rejoin and start again as I found once into it things were quite easy and I never felt hungry

This time I'm considering joining a group but I'm shy and worried I will be the biggest person there and that's putting me off no end I'm thinking a group may help but at the same time I'm worried what people might think of my excessive middle age and a bit spread"

Groups are usually full of women. They love it when a man shows up who is sympathetic to their goal. You're all in the same boat. Do it.

Well done on the loss.

On Slimming World you're allowed carbs such as rice, pasta and potatoes as "free" (unmeasured) foods. Bread, oats, cereals are measured. I lost 3 stone from including carbs in my diet for once and don't feel at all deprived. Cutting carbs from my diet would just be unrealistic for me.

SW is a great diet. I lost over 2 stone with them. I do the groups online now as no meeting near me.

The Coca Cola chicken is so yummy

Good luck xx

"

Having just checked you out, honesty you have nothing to worry about you look hot.

However theirs nothing wrong with wanting to loose a few pounds. We all improve or change our appearance differently.

By *rMrsNawtyCouple  over a year ago

north west

I used to do slimming world and lost two stone but I got bored. I'm thinking about joining again and iv recently joined the gym too.

Mrsnawty xxx

Also join Instagram as there are some amazing meal ideas on there.

some where in yorkshire

I lost 4 stone on slimming world 2 years ago but due to illness this last year n steroid injections I’ve been on I’ve put 2 stone on but back at it now n determined to get back into my size 14 river island jeans again by June/July

So I commented right at the beginning of this thread, weeks and weeks ago saying I was considering joining Slimming World.

I kept it a bit quiet but I did join.

4 weeks in I've lost 6lb!!!

It's been a bit of a struggle because even though I've been completely on plan because of medication and health problems first two weeks I didn't lose any weight at all and obviously I was devastated but I've stuck with it and it's slowly coming off.

"So I commented right at the beginning of this thread, weeks and weeks ago saying I was considering joining Slimming World.

It's been a bit of a struggle because even though I've been completely on plan because of medication and health problems first two weeks I didn't lose any weight at all and obviously I was devastated but I've stuck with it and it's slowly coming off. "

Well done,stick at it. Apparantly if you loose a lot of weight quickly your more likely to put it back on

"So I commented right at the beginning of this thread, weeks and weeks ago saying I was considering joining Slimming World.

It's been a bit of a struggle because even though I've been completely on plan because of medication and health problems first two weeks I didn't lose any weight at all and obviously I was devastated but I've stuck with it and it's slowly coming off.

Well done,stick at it. Apparantly if you loose a lot of weight quickly your more likely to put it back on "

Thank you

I’ve lost 1/2 stone in 5 weeks, which also takes into consideration the 2lb gain I had one week.

Overall I’m really pleased as I haven’t had to make too many changes to my usual eating habits.

One thing I have noticed was how much I used to snack / pick at food.

"I’ve lost 1/2 stone in 5 weeks, which also takes into consideration the 2lb gain I had one week.

Overall I’m really pleased as I haven’t had to make too many changes to my usual eating habits.

One thing I have noticed was how much I used to snack / pick at food."

Yes I understand exactly what you mean and I find now, I'm more conscious of what I eat where as before if it was there I would eat it! whether I was hungry or not.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"

I was pretty fat.... I lost the weight...

Do it for your own reasons.

I wanted to be mentally healthy and have the agility/strength/endurance to start playing sports and achieve goals.

Feeling truely happy with yourself isn't about looking good in other people's eyes...

It's about leaving them behind on the floor gasping for air as you jog allong happy..

It's simply fun and balances your brain. It's not a 3 month plan. It's a lifestyle change....

I wouldn't expect to have a partner who was into it like me. I don't feel I am forcing myself.

Easy diet plan is just quitting all things with high shugar content forever.

Easy exercise plan is 40 mins cardio every day.. (make it a hike)...some months later you can jog that

I just did those 2 things 2 years ago and slowly increased.

I had extreamly bad mental health problems and had a really horrible looking body. I had real issues simply existing.

I kinda relate to people in the same situation.

It's more about taking baby steps gradually if your physicly/mentally Not right

Daily consistency...

Small but permanent changes...

Picking yourself up from failure if you go wrong...

"I’ve lost 1/2 stone in 5 weeks, which also takes into consideration the 2lb gain I had one week.

One thing I have noticed was how much I used to snack / pick at food."

I gained half a stone by eating healthy and doing cardio every day.

But before I had a really huge abdomen/tits/belly

My arms and legs and arse were skinny and weak...

The exercise and diet made me gain weight if anything...

"The scales lie"

The best way to test is just stand in mirror and try to grab the wobbly bits to see how much it is...

Muscle mass could add to the weight in the scales

It's not the best indicator...

You can also cut weight in unhealthy ways like fighters and it just comes back in days

How we all doing sticking to plan? I've lost half a stone in 6 weeks, one week gain from a weekend away. I've finally found the willpower and the loss is keeping me on track.

Will be so happy when I can say a stone!

I've been back on it since mid way through last week. And lost 3 and a half this week.

Hoping for the same this week

"I've been back on it since mid way through last week. And lost 3 and a half this week.

Hoping for the same this week "

Excellent! Well done

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I've been back on it since mid way through last week. And lost 3 and a half this week.

Hoping for the same this week "

Just a note , to my calculations, most people can only lose 1 to 1 half pounds of fat per 7 days

Weight loss above 1.5 is almost certainly to be water, glycogen and or protein/muscle x

780 g is

7000 cals

Or 1000 cals per day

Or 110 grams of fat a day

A 1000 cal deficit a day is hard

To lose 500 g of fat per week

Each day a deficit of 630 cal or 70 g fat

There will always be exceptions but aiming for more than 500g weekly would end up in disappoint for most

The thing is the 500 g is hard and an amazing achievement

52 of them adds up to over 3 stone

By *eclanHMan  over a year ago

Liphook

Good luck. Two years ago, I lost 25kg over 7 months, eating less, exercising more. Sadly, over the last year, I’ve picked up 15 kg again. I started my weight loss campaign again 2 weeks ago. We can do it!

Lost 3 stone 7 lbs. Started on 28 of jan, till the may 1. Also gained muscle. Lost 8" on waist. So you can do it

How we all doing?

My loss has been slow and steady but fits in with my life style. Total loss so far is 10.5 lb and first time last week two people had noticed.

"How we all doing?

My loss has been slow and steady but fits in with my life style. Total loss so far is 10.5 lb and first time last week two people had noticed.

"

Brilliant! Imagine carrying a backpack around all day with 5 bags of sugar in it. It makes a difference.

Other people only notice when it's obvious. They won't want to ask if you've lost weight when you haven't, as you may be offended.

Well I have been a member for some time . Nice to see there is a forum thread on here.

I keep thinking i should rejoin. But i didnt feel supported much in my group. Quite clicky. Other locals groups have the same leader or times dont work out :/

Thing is i know what i have to do just need a kick and to be watched over lol

"I keep thinking i should rejoin. But i didnt feel supported much in my group. Quite clicky. Other locals groups have the same leader or times dont work out :/

Thing is i know what i have to do just need a kick and to be watched over lol "

Can you do it online? Some people have done threads before, you could post your losses (or gains!) every week. Public shame.

How u all getting on?

Looking through your pics and your body is amazing

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Just rejoined last week, clothes were shrinking not the body...

Holiday in two weeks, so maybe left it a tad late...

some where in yorkshire

Due to my dad passing away I’ve lost over a stone in 3 weeks not the best way to do it but I feel better for losing the timber only 3 more stone to loose now n I can stop being a fat bastard

I can see myself gaining negative weight and loosing my fitness while I am pooly ??

Might be unable to exercise for a long time

Was my favourite activity.

some where in yorkshire

"I can see myself gaining negative weight and loosing my fitness while I am pooly ??

Might be unable to exercise for a long time

Was my favourite activity."

Whst ever illness u are suffering from I wish u well n s speedy recovery x

I joined today. I finally feel in the right headspace.

Spent a fortune on shopping last night so I can batch cook over the weekend.

Using pinch of nom recipies and attempting as many speed food and syn free days as I can.

I've got 4 stone to loose. Fingers crossed I can do it.

Hope you're all doing well x

"I joined today. I finally feel in the right headspace.

Using pinch of nom recipies and attempting as many speed food and syn free days as I can.

Hope you're all doing well x "

Good luck! Highly recommended pinch of nom recipes. I'm still losing slowly but it's going in the right direction. The boost to my self esteem has come today trying on dresses to pack for my holiday and I feel more confident wearing them. I've still a way to go but it's all going in the right direction. I'll finally feel body confident on the beach

Good look ok I just sw beginning of May and I've lost 2stones 10lbs so far best thing I ever did

"Good look ok I just sw beginning of May and I've lost 2stones 10lbs so far best thing I ever did "
that's a lot of weight so quickly what's your secret?

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Good luck! Highly recommended pinch of nom recipes. I'm still losing slowly but it's going in the right direction. The boost to my self esteem has come today trying on dresses to pack for my holiday and I feel more confident wearing them. I've still a way to go but it's all going in the right direction. I'll finally feel body confident on the beach "

Is punch of nom part of slimming world or dies it give syn values for recipes?

Good luck! Highly recommended pinch of nom recipes. I'm still losing slowly but it's going in the right direction. The boost to my self esteem has come today trying on dresses to pack for my holiday and I feel more confident wearing them. I've still a way to go but it's all going in the right direction. I'll finally feel body confident on the beach

Is punch of nom part of slimming world or dies it give syn values for recipes? "

No it's not part of slimmingworld but their recipes are sw friendly. Most are syn free or low in syns. You should be able to find the syn values on the fb group. Sw told them to take the syns off the recipes as they aren't officially affiliated with them.