FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Am I the only one that hates New Year

Am I the only one that hates New Year

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *each lover OP   Man  over a year ago

Fun town

All those fake people saying new year new start etc....people being nice to each other when secretly they want nothing to do with them....surely if you wanted to make changes in your life you would wake up the next day and make them , why wait till the new year?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Happy New Year to you too

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I'm not a fan of new year either, I'd rather just go to bed but I'm forced into being sociable

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No plenty don't enjoy it.

But those who do aren't necessarily fake? Maybe there's a wider issue with your outlook. Learn to love yourself.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Remember when it was 6am on New year's Day and I was just getting home, nowadays I'll be just getting up for work.

For me it's just an excuse for a night out, or in with the right company. The event itself is of no consequence or significance to me.

By *ackDanielsWhiteRabbitMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Not a massive fan. Much prefer Christmas Eve. But Miss is doing a buffet and watch a film. Probably be in bed before 12 lol.

Really not a fan. Hate all these 'new year, new me statuses, as if a clock strike will change everything. Why wait a year to change it?? Haha

Grumpy I know.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I’m not a fan of New Year. I find it stirs all sorts of memories but I don’t drag others down, I do what I’m comfortable with and let others get on and party.

Doesn’t bother me really. I’m staying in. Always been more of a Christmas person than new year.

Nope iv no idea why people find it important once i hit 30 all the years are blured anyway

I dislike new years eve so spend it away from those that enjoy it. But I enjoy the reflection of another year done and what I'd like to achieve in the next.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Stop moaning op. Its the anniversary of my dad dying not really a nice way to bring the nee year in. But i shall go for a walk and get some fresh air

Just another day ... try and learn something new, laugh and love lots ... be a better You!! Every day...

But I also love the party cheery atmosphere so am going out with friends and family dancing

"Nope iv no idea why people find it important once i hit 30 all the years are blured anyway "

This

New year is just that - another day. The trouble is it does spoil any chance of a spur of the moment meet as most are pissed by that time

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

nope not my fav time either.

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

not a massive fan, the pub i own will be busy so can't/wont complain too much

New Years makes me feel shit and single. I live Christmas cos it’s all for my child but New Year’s Eve and the hype and the feeling like you should be doing something, starting the year as you mean to go on, I always start it single and finish it single and it’s been many years now.

My daughter has 4 of her friends over to stay the night so they’ll be having a mini party, I’ll do the food for them but I’ll be being miserable or trying not to be miserable. I’ll be stuffing my face though and trying to find something to watch on Netflix.

Merseyside

"New Years makes me feel shit and single. I live Christmas cos it’s all for my child but New Year’s Eve and the hype and the feeling like you should be doing something, starting the year as you mean to go on, I always start it single and finish it single and it’s been many years now.

My daughter has 4 of her friends over to stay the night so they’ll be having a mini party, I’ll do the food for them but I’ll be being miserable or trying not to be miserable. I’ll be stuffing my face though and trying to find something to watch on Netflix. "

sending you hugs x

"New Years makes me feel shit and single. I live Christmas cos it’s all for my child but New Year’s Eve and the hype and the feeling like you should be doing something, starting the year as you mean to go on, I always start it single and finish it single and it’s been many years now.

My daughter has 4 of her friends over to stay the night so they’ll be having a mini party, I’ll do the food for them but I’ll be being miserable or trying not to be miserable. I’ll be stuffing my face though and trying to find something to watch on Netflix.

sending you hugs x"

Send me a husband.

I've just muted my phone. To me it's just another day. I'm just glad I'm off work . Just catching up in the home so tonight it's de clutter my wardrobe and sort my son's out too. He has more clothes than me! Back to work in the morning and that's that.

Merseyside

sending you hugs x

Send me a husband. "

i can send you my number... theres a start?

"New year is just that - another day. The trouble is it does spoil any chance of a spur of the moment meet as most are pissed by that time "

Pissed and horny though so get in there

I'm not a fan if I'm honest. Just another excuse for a big piss up. Spending it at home with Netflix and cups of tea this year.

Op, what has 2019 done to you?

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I certainly don't hate it,it would be nice to share it with someone fairly special though.

"Stop moaning op. Its the anniversary of my dad dying not really a nice way to bring the nee year in. But i shall go for a walk and get some fresh air"

Sorry for your loss it's never a good time to lose a loved one. Stay safe in your walk. X

"I certainly don't hate it,it would be nice to share it with someone fairly special though."

My local landlord is special to me.

"Really not a fan. Hate all these 'new year, new me statuses, as if a clock strike will change everything. Why wait a year to change it?? Haha

Grumpy I know. "

No it's right what you say.

"New year is just that - another day. The trouble is it does spoil any chance of a spur of the moment meet as most are pissed by that time "

im not drinking

"All those fake people saying new year new start etc....people being nice to each other when secretly they want nothing to do with them....surely if you wanted to make changes in your life you would wake up the next day and make them , why wait till the new year?"

This...

"surely if you wanted to make changes in your life you would wake up the next day and make them , why wait till the new year?

This... "

Let’s all start tomorrow then....

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I certainly don't hate it,it would be nice to share it with someone fairly special though.

My local landlord is special to me. "

Fab straight eh!

I'm staying in. However I do love that it brings people together. All the cities filling up with people wanting a great time together. What's not to love.

And happy new year is a bit like asking how u are, it's polite but no one wants to get into a debate for it. Unless they really are friends and family

By *ogNMuseCouple  over a year ago

Surrey

Always prefer New Year over Xmas, less stress and actually get time to kick back and enjoy it with people I actually enjoy spending time with

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

I, Mr, find that it's a starting point to change something, something that you can index with certainty, like a birthday or anniversary, dates with meaning.

I do agree with you OP about starting somethings as and when you want to, but as most people tend to dwell on things it can be a good excuse to kick start something you can be attached to.

I'm hoping to lose about 15% of my weight this year and work on an exercise program. This through having following a medical and not wanting to ignore this advice whilst I have opportunity to do so through choice and with a better outcome that comes with being a willing participant rather than struggle as a needy and scared one.

Good luck to those making the leap into changing things, I hope you all can stick with your new ambition and achieve your goals.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

We always come home well before midnight and comfort the dogs because they’re scared of the fireworks. Plus we’re getting old now and need our beauty sleep.

I find Christmas to be more fake than new year.

I don't wait till new year for resolutions. I break them too easily, no point waiting a whole year to try again.

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Not a big fan but life is what it is .it not just how we feel but how we make others feel so all way try to injoy life for what it is new year may be new start for meny so just injoy it

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

My biggest hate is auld Lang syne what's that all about

By *he Vital SparkMan  over a year ago

Preston

Well personally after the 2018 I've had, being separated 11 months, and injured for 9 months( no connection btw lol)I'm sure as hell going into 2019 with a bang I hope!! All the best to you all!!

By *rK MrsJCouple  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Mrs is normally working

"Mrs is normally working"

That is sooooo unfair

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

"Mrs is normally working

That is sooooo unfair "

I see what you did there.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

I used to enjoy new years eve when I had someone special to kiss and hug at midnight.

Always glad when its over. Seems a lot of fuzz over nothing. I feel the winter solstice has more significance as a measurement of time and our existential existence in a meaningless universe. Upon saying that I embrace it and wish good will to my fellow man for the year ahead.

When I was younger I got put in hospital on my way home after a New Year party after a couple of lads deciding the best way for them to see in their new year was to kick the shit out of a random bloke so I've never had much enthusiasm for it.

Never liked New Years and never been one to go out to parties on that night or clubbing!

So it’s a cosy night in with nibbles and a DVD

"When I was younger I got put in hospital on my way home after a New Year party after a couple of lads deciding the best way for them to see in their new year was to kick the shit out of a random bloke so I've never had much enthusiasm for it."

That’s disgusting

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I don't hate it, but I have never seen the point of making a big production about it. I mean we don't celebrate Happy New Month.

Can't say I hate it but I also don't get the fuss over it. I'm quite happy staying indoors

I`m a bit of a people/life observer. My life experience tells me this about NYE. The pubs are full of people who don't normally drink very much - hence they get d*unk far too quickly, which brings its own problems. The ladies all wear their little black numbers and become very flirtatious. All is relatively jolly - the women dishing kisses out etc...... then the bells toll .... and all hell breaks loose with fights galore - boyfriends punching the men their wives kissed etc. - just ask any policeman who has been on duty NYE - they travel from pub to pub sorting fights out....... happy New Year!

I must say that I prefer New Years Eve if I'm working.

And yes, you did read that right.

I'm not a fan either.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I don't hate it, but I have never seen the point of making a big production about it. I mean we don't celebrate Happy New Month."

We don't?

Excuse to get fresh with total strangers

Special events make a lot of people feel crap.

It's just another day for me - same as Christmas, my birthday, Valentine's Day etc ...

I think it's because I've made my peace with being on my own.

I don't find it sad - it is what it is.

I like the thought of starting the new year and letting it motivate me into making a few positive changes.

It's best not to dwell on what you don't have and all that

Happy New Year x

Amateurs night! Ruins a good night out for the people that normally go out and know how to have fun! Professionals would have gone out between Christmas and New Year so no shame in staying in. Happy New Year by the way.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I agree with the OP. I started planning for next year at the beginning of November and have a few goals I would like to achieve. I have never understood while people only do this kind of thing at the new year. If things change, I'll make more plans, it won't matter what day it is.

I will be celebrating the New Year though as it is a new year. I hope that makes sense, I'm not d*unk

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"I don't hate it, but I have never seen the point of making a big production about it. I mean we don't celebrate Happy New Month.

We don't? "

Well, I don't

» Add a new message to this topic