FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Curious about read messages???

Curious about read messages???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/12/18 15:16:27]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You complain about it not being a complaint too much....

Don’t worry about being the only one on here that doesn’t get their mail read. It had to happen to someone eventually.

Hiya Guys

Just to be clear this isn’t a complaint in anyway. 100% curious and confused.

I’ve been really curious about something for quite a while now..... and it’s about messages that are sent that are then read but nothing else happens with it.

E.g.... I get it when I send a message and it doesn’t slip through all the other messages that a female or cpl receive, so it doesn’t get read. I get this, as some people receive hundreds of messages..... and sometimes it may be easier for a camel to slip through the eye of a needle etc

I also get that a person reads it and then deletes it.... can’t be to every bodies taste..... I understand this.

But, many of the messages that I send get read..... but that’s it. No reply.... no delete.... so I’m in limbo as to not knowing if the person likes or not???

Are they saving the messages to come back to for another day or what? Lol.

Just to reiterate..... this isn’t a complaint I’m just trying to understand about messages that are read but not deleted.

I always try to send a decent message and always attach a face pic as well.

Totally get that I’m not for everyone..... I’m happy with that and can move on.

Any thoughts please

C x

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Hiya Guys

I’ve been really curious about something for quite a while now..... and it’s about messages that are sent that are then read but nothing else happens with it.

E.g.... I get it when I send a message and it doesn’t slip through all the other messages that a female or cpl receive, so it doesn’t get read. I get this, as some people receive hundreds of messages..... and sometimes it may be easier for a camel to slip through the eye of a needle etc

I also get that a person reads it and then deletes it.... can’t be to every bodies taste..... I understand this.

But, many of the messages that I send get read..... but that’s it. No reply.... no delete.... so I’m in limbo as to not knowing if the person likes or not???

Just to reiterate..... this isn’t a complaint I’m just trying to understand about messages that are read but not deleted.

Any thoughts please

C x "

It's just to tease the sender.

A

"You complain about it not being a complaint too much....

Don’t worry about being the only one on here that doesn’t get their mail read. It had to happen to someone eventually. "

No.... it should have said it ISNT a complaint..... stupid fat thumbs.... I’ve reposted it

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

It could be that they have read it but don’t want to say no, but rather use the sites rules taht no response means not interested

Saying that sometimes friends of mine can take a week to come back to me lol - used to it now

Would say if you send a mail maybe follow up 3 /4 days later if you get no response.

Sometimes I am away at weekends or busy with work so I don’t respond straight away

"Hiya Guys

Any thoughts please

C x

A"

Oh see.... do you think?

By *kmale201633Man  over a year ago

Southampton

If they don't reply then not interested, simple! Onwards and Upwards

"It could be that they have read it but don’t want to say no, but rather use the sites rules taht no response means not interested

Saying that sometimes friends of mine can take a week to come back to me lol - used to it now

Would say if you send a mail maybe follow up 3 /4 days later if you get no response.

Sometimes I am away at weekends or busy with work so I don’t respond straight away "

Yeah I do sometimes follow up after several weeks, especially if it’s someone I really fancy.

If I don’t get a response then I then leave it

who can tell

"If they don't reply then not interested, simple! Onwards and Upwards "

It’s the not knowing lol.... I would rather they delete and have done with w

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Hiya Guys

Any thoughts please

C x

A

Oh see.... do you think?"

No. Probably just laziness

Is an unanswered message any better/worse than no reply or a delete?

Same outcome.

A

Some people keep tidy inboxes and some don't, I don't think there's any need to read any more into it than that. I hardly ever delete real emails, they just build up until there are thousands and every so often I go in and file or bulk delete, so I just brought that bad habit with me on here. Although I am trying to be a bit more conscious of deleting, as I was shocked when I realised it tormented so many people on here if you didn't.

"Some people keep tidy inboxes and some don't, I don't think there's any need to read any more into it than that. I hardly ever delete real emails, they just build up until there are thousands and every so often I go in and file or bulk delete, so I just brought that bad habit with me on here. Although I am trying to be a bit more conscious of deleting, as I was shocked when I realised it tormented so many people on here if you didn't."

Yeah true.... thanks for the input

"Hiya Guys

Any thoughts please

C x

A

Oh see.... do you think?

No. Probably just laziness

Is an unanswered message any better/worse than no reply or a delete?

Same outcome.

A"

Maybe my OCD coming out.... I’d rather know lol

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Delete the sent message, treat a reply as a bonus.

By *kmale201633Man  over a year ago

Southampton

"If they don't reply then not interested, simple! Onwards and Upwards

It’s the not knowing lol.... I would rather they delete and have done with w"

But you do know, they haven't replied!

"who can tell "

Who cares. If someone doesn’t care about replying to a conversation directed towards them. I suggest not to waste any more of your energy on them. They are not talking to you, it’s that simple.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"who can tell "

It's almost like we're individuals!

"who can tell

Who cares. If someone doesn’t care about replying to a conversation directed towards them. I suggest not to waste any more of your energy on them. They are not talking to you, it’s that simple. "

Yeah true.... never thought of it that way.

My New Years Resolution lol

By *oman for bi mmfWoman  over a year ago

oldham

"If they don't reply then not interested, simple! Onwards and Upwards

It’s the not knowing lol.... I would rather they delete and have done with w"

If I don’t reply it’s because I’m not interested, I i was interested I’d reply. I never delete mail I read and ignore or reply. Sometimes I even open and don’t read just coz I hate having unread mail!

Perhaps a read but not replied to message means you're on the "maybe" pile? A glimmer of hope is better than none at all

Don't think anyone can be entirely sure.

The only person who really knows is the recipient of your message.

» Add a new message to this topic