FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ok for old pictures

Ok for old pictures

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lue.eyes92 OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

Seen another forum on here and people openly admitting they have very old almost 10 year old pictures used on their profile... I'm sure alot changes in 10 years, maybe not so. But taking a recent picture these days is pretty easy is it the normal ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

My arse photo is quite old but it hasn’t changed at all so it stays. Besides which, it’s well liked so it stays. Faces change more so if I were to meet, I’d expect an uptodate face photo.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

My weight can fluctuate month to month never mind yearly! So I like to keep my pictures up to date, and look for recent pictures in others profiles too.

Birmingham

That is true I guess I wouldn't really change much but I also would expect an up to date face picture and atleast a body picture to save any surprising encounters lol

Birmingham

It*

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Seen another forum on here and people openly admitting they have very old almost 10 year old pictures used on their profile... I'm sure alot changes in 10 years, maybe not so. But taking a recent picture these days is pretty easy is it the normal ?"

There was a couple local to me who are no longer on, but you could tell all their pics were of her in her 80’s modelling days. It was obvious from the hair and fashion. Must be such a catfish if you get caught out

Birmingham

Luckily I have never met anyone without an up to date picture but if they were from the 80s I'm not sure how I would go about it without being rude and atleast telling them it's a bit deceiving showing me pictures from 30 years ago lol

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We regularly post new photos so most of our photos are pretty up to date although a few favourites remain on our profile all the time.

I wouldn't show older photos cos I look better now

It's taken 48 years for my face to suit me

Got loads of good pics without my tattoos.

But won't upload them as that's not what I look like now

Birmingham

"I wouldn't show older photos cos I look better now

It's taken 48 years for my face to suit me "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Age 20 Age 30

Age 45 Age 55

No ..... ten year old pics are NOT on.

I don't look remotely like I did ten years ago.

I used to be blonde and shapely now im grey and shapeless.... unless melted is a shape.

I still love me but not for the same reasons as I did ten years ago

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I've got a picture of me with my birthday cake on my sixtieth...when I was fabyears forty five

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I jokingly posted about this on the 'rant thread'

The last week, I've had several dozen messages from profiles, with years old pics & no sign they've been active in that time either.

There maybe a totaly plausible reason for no recent veris but if you're re entering the scene after a break, at least have the intelligence to upload a few recent pics...

Birmingham

"I jokingly posted about this on the 'rant thread'

The last week, I've had several dozen messages from profiles, with years old pics & no sign they've been active in that time either.

There maybe a totaly plausible reason for no recent veris but if you're re entering the scene after a break, at least have the intelligence to upload a few recent pics...

"

Yeah old pictures on profiles If you have been active years of course.. but then to not add any more since your first week of joining and they are already old pictures just doesn't make sense especially if theres a considerable change lol

Birmingham

"Age 20 Age 30

Age 45 Age 55

No ..... ten year old pics are NOT on.

I don't look remotely like I did ten years ago.

I used to be blonde and shapely now im grey and shapeless.... unless melted is a shape.

I still love me but not for the same reasons as I did ten years ago "

I don't think I ve changed dramatically from ten years ago to people who know me but for myself I feel I have and think if i was going to meet someone they should get an updated version of me not one from years ago lol

We tend to keep ours up to date, having previously met a few people that do not remotely resemble the pictures they display/send.

Not sure what they had hoped for in sending old pictures, especially when they have changed so dramatically, but the meets didn't go further than a polite coffee.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

With the large no of photos allowed I let my photos tell the story of my time on here

Even I don't want to look at my old pictures

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Some of my old ones are sort of fab memories. Not all are on show. I might delete ‘pineapple surpise’ and ‘lobster attack’ cos they are just silly.

Birmingham

"Some of my old ones are sort of fab memories. Not all are on show. I might delete ‘pineapple surpise’ and ‘lobster attack’ cos they are just silly. "

Love the captions Haha

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Plenty of people don't change that much for years - two relatively similar pics on my profile attest.

As always, generalisations are precisely that...

Birmingham

"We tend to keep ours up to date, having previously met a few people that do not remotely resemble the pictures they display/send.

Not sure what they had hoped for in sending old pictures, especially when they have changed so dramatically, but the meets didn't go further than a polite coffee.

"

Always good to be polite but could have saved the awkwardness o comparing pictures to real life

"We tend to keep ours up to date, having previously met a few people that do not remotely resemble the pictures they display/send.

Always good to be polite but could have saved the awkwardness o comparing pictures to real life "

Its easier than ever on here to send a photo now, and anyone that chooses not too, we now choose not to meet, if someone sends us a picture and I'm suspect its old/not true to other pics they have available I ask ever so nicely for a specific photo - for example "I love a pic of a guy, top off, jeans unbuttoned, a little head poking out the top of his jeans" - do you have a pic like that, want to send me one?!

We've been on here around 3yrs and both times we got caught out and had polite socials with the awkward declines was very early on, you quickly learn every trick in the book people use on here.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

All my pics are recent but I don't look vastly different now to how I did 10 years ago aside from the gym body. Doubt I'll be able to say the same 10 years from now though!

Oldest pic on here is 2 years any face pics we send though are always recent within 6 months can’t beat an old Polaroid off someone though lol

By *ittlemisssassypantsCouple  over a year ago

South East Wales

I’m always adding new pics, but there are a few old ones further down, mostly because I’m too lazy to delete them, or I just think they’re nice, or the picture reminds me of a really fun time.

Ones of my legs from three years ago aren’t much different to ones of my legs now so I think theyr okay to keep.

Obviously if I were a size 8 when we started this and then bigger three years on, of course you need to update body pics!

People using old pics, that don’t represent how they look now, will get found out was soon as they meet someone anyway.

Sassy

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Find a recent pic of Simon Cowell on net. Then find one from 2008.

Contest over. I win!

Birmingham

"Find a recent pic of Simon Cowell on net. Then find one from 2008.

Contest over. I win!"

Miracles can happen !!

"Seen another forum on here and people openly admitting they have very old almost 10 year old pictures used on their profile... I'm sure alot changes in 10 years, maybe not so. But taking a recent picture these days is pretty easy is it the normal ?

There was a couple local to me who are no longer on, but you could tell all their pics were of her in her 80’s modelling days. It was obvious from the hair and fashion. Must be such a catfish if you get caught out"

I have 80's hair and fashion sense. Hence no pics.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

From a distance, fully clothed I don't look too much different compared to ten years ago, if you take your glasses off and its foggy.

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Plenty of people don't change that much for years - two relatively similar pics on my profile attest.

As always, generalisations are precisely that..."

I look the same as I did 10 years ago - Although I might be a little slimmer.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If my photos were that old they would be illegal.

I take far too many pics not to upload new ones. Pics I upload are usually within a few days of taking them

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I judge based on the date stamp on the photo as well as the photo itself, although the date stamp is only when it's uploaded to Fab.

I try to keep my photos relatively up to date, although the ones I can't take myself are older.

I'm finally losing weight with Slimming World, so I've deleted most of my chubby pics and will be taking fresh ones, when I reach my target weight (12st). 17lb down so far - another 24lb to go.

By *rchid0103Woman  over a year ago

Southport

That’s why I always meet socially for a coffee first . Once had a social and the only way I recognised him was by the colour and make of the car he was driving

Birmingham

"From a distance, fully clothed I don't look too much different compared to ten years ago, if you take your glasses off and its foggy."

This got me chuckling

Birmingham

"That’s why I always meet socially for a coffee first . Once had a social and the only way I recognised him was by the colour and make of the car he was driving "

Maybe that wasnt actually him but another guy with the same car who just thought what the heck and went along with it anyway seeing if it would pan out ... or a serious fraud lol

"My weight can fluctuate month to month never mind yearly! So I like to keep my pictures up to date, and look for recent pictures in others profiles too. "

Me too. I was a stone and a half lighter this time last year! I always update them otherwise it’s false surely.

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

What about those profiles who constantly upload the same pictures sometimes over several years. The date is only when it was added?

By *rchid0103Woman  over a year ago

Southport

"That’s why I always meet socially for a coffee first . Once had a social and the only way I recognised him was by the colour and make of the car he was driving

Maybe that wasnt actually him but another guy with the same car who just thought what the heck and went along with it anyway seeing if it would pan out ... or a serious fraud lol"

It was a serious fraud , he even admitted it .......

By *969BewitchedWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I am two stone heavier now than I was when I first joined. I leave them on but put regular new ones on too. My face pics that I send from private are never older than a few weeks as they can be selfies at any time.

Guy who's pics are a couple of years old who say they haven't changed but have a million excuses why they can't take a selfie I won't meet. The occasions I have met on a one old pic have turned out that they didn't look like the pic and I didn't fancy them. Just wastes everyone's time

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We have a range of photos from when we joined 5 years ago up to 2018.

We have lost / gained weight / changed shape since we joined.

Our face photos are always less than a year old, we wouldn't want to deceive anyone.

Nita

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"What about those profiles who constantly upload the same pictures sometimes over several years. The date is only when it was added?"

I see those on my updates page and block them. Sometimes they delete and add the same pictures every day.

It's not foolproof and you can't know.

By *rongstantineWoman  over a year ago

hull

[Removed by poster at 28/12/18 23:04:53]

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"What about those profiles who constantly upload the same pictures sometimes over several years. The date is only when it was added?

I see those on my updates page and block them. Sometimes they delete and add the same pictures every day.

It's not foolproof and you can't know. "

When I first joined I was messaged within 15mins by someone local to me.

I'd already been given a list of names to avoid & his was one of them.

According to my friend, he'd been on the site for at least 8years, that they knew of, created new accounts regularly but always the same pics.

I've been on here 19mths, he's had at least 4 accounts in that time that I've spotted & yes, same pics every time.

Which makes those pics almost 10yrs old but date stamped as looking recent.

» Add a new message to this topic