FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do You?

Do You?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Instantly delete one or two line messages? Or obvious "copy & paste" messages.

For ex. "Hi" "hows youse"

We instantly delete them because if they can't be bothered putting some effort into, we can't be arsed either.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Instantly delete. I used to reply with a thanks but not interested message, but I got a fair amount of abuse for it. So no point

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. I've taken the same amount of time and effort they have.

I don't make exceptions no matter how hot they are, and any immediate follow up I block them.

"Yes. I've taken the same amount of time and effort they have.

I don't make exceptions no matter how hot they are, and any immediate follow up I block them. "

I maybe send a screenshot of the fab FAQ; why it isn’t rude to ignore messages

"Instantly delete. I used to reply with a thanks but not interested message, but I got a fair amount of abuse for it. So no point "

Yep, we did that and got abuse for it,usually from mature genuine gents,

Not very mature to throw the dummy out

Not always... depends on who they are.. even a "hi" may have taken someone alot guts just to send..

Mistress Amelia x

"Instantly delete. I used to reply with a thanks but not interested message, but I got a fair amount of abuse for it. So no point

Yep, we did that and got abuse for it,usually from mature genuine gents,

Not very mature to throw the dummy out "

Pretty much

Manchester (she/her)

Some "nice guys" really show their true colours when we don't roll over and play dead.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I've not sent a "faf" message for about 8 years

"Some "nice guys" really show their true colours when we don't roll over and play dead. "

Or we don't instantly drop our pants and want to shag them because they have attached a dick picture

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

We always replied regardless. But for every one nice guy we got about 50 odd ones so we have blocked single guys from messaging now. It’s a shame but it was becoming a nightmare

No, I'll have a look at the profile.

If it intrigues me and I like what I see I'll chat.

If not then delete

Manchester (she/her)

"Some "nice guys" really show their true colours when we don't roll over and play dead.

Or we don't instantly drop our pants and want to shag them because they have attached a dick picture "

Oh this is more, they send a horrendously generic message, including saying how nice they are, the word nice appears all over their profile, they attach a face picture because that's what all women want, then when I delete their message... Nice people don't make threats like that

"We always replied regardless. But for every one nice guy we got about 50 odd ones so we have blocked single guys from messaging now. It’s a shame but it was becoming a nightmare "

As they say " the actions of the few,impact the many"

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Instantly delete one or two line messages? Or obvious "copy & paste" messages.

We instantly delete them because if they can't be bothered putting some effort into, we can't be arsed either.

"

Depends on my mood a one or two word message will usually get a one or two word reply. If they continue to respond with little or no context then I quickly lose interest.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Possibly, wider context sometimes makes a difference. Maybe I like their profile (I may have alot to say) or we have met before or a response to wink for examples. Sometimes to break the ice dosent need to be war and peace. And sometimes just with one line there may be a something quite profound or intresting. So I take it on a case by case basis.

If I'm bored and I don't have many messages then sometimes I look at the profile and see if anything intrigues me but more often than not I just delete it, then which is often the case I get a message saying "guess your not interested then, shame I would have given you the best time of your life" I just block.

Stockport

"We always replied regardless. But for every one nice guy we got about 50 odd ones so we have blocked single guys from messaging now. It’s a shame but it was becoming a nightmare

As they say " the actions of the few,impact the many" "

Yep. It’s was worse when I was a single lady on here. At least they just keep chancing their arm with our couples profile. Three strikes and they’re blocked. Before as a single lady, the abuse I received if I wouldn’t meet them for a coffee. Or a coffee and a blow job! as I’m on a sex site so it’s a given that that’s what I would do! All sorts of names thrown at me! Like that’s gonna win me round! Although I did end up marrying the man that was originally a thanks but no thanks so I’m glad I didn’t block him!

"Not always... depends on who they are.. even a "hi" may have taken someone alot guts just to send..

Mistress Amelia x

"

Same here. We give them a chance unless it's clear from their profile that we're not a match and they haven't read ours.

Mrs

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Had a few just saying "Hi." I delete those.

Yes. I don’t do it so don’t expect anyone else to send me one.

No. I reply to all first messages. Most people just delete messages so why bother writing anything more than "hi"? Anything else is a waste of their time.

So I reply and often get chatting to really nice people.

Depends who it is. If it's someone who tempts me I'd reply. If the messages continue to be crap I'd get bored quite quickly though.

How many people send messages? Most just sit and wait for their inbox to boost their ego. Deleting 100 messages a day makes them feel good.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The only ones we don't reply to are the ones that very obviously haven't read our fairly brief profile.

Copy and paste doesn't bother us neither do one liners. The following messages will tell if we're compatible or not.

I think people expect too much of a first message. When you're approached by someone in a bar for example you don't expect much more than a "hello, how are you" to get the conversation going.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"How many people send messages? Most just sit and wait for their inbox to boost their ego. Deleting 100 messages a day makes them feel good. "

I doubt we receive a 100 a year.

"How many people send messages? Most just sit and wait for their inbox to boost their ego. Deleting 100 messages a day makes them feel good.

I doubt we receive a 100 a year. "

Put a status up asking "who wants sex?" Ego boost right there.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"How many people send messages? Most just sit and wait for their inbox to boost their ego. Deleting 100 messages a day makes them feel good.

I doubt we receive a 100 a year.

Put a status up asking "who wants sex?" Ego boost right there. "

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

If there’s anything crude I delete. I have also grown to dislike messages that say ‘are you behaving?’

It’s not about the length of the message, it’s about the content. It can be a one liner but a nice one.

no, i reply to every message i get...........sits waiting for a message....... waiting......... waiting............. waiting..........

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

[Removed by poster at 27/12/18 17:34:11]

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

My profile warns about poor quality messaging and I don't hesitate to block if someone does not make any effort

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Yup. I like to keep a tidy (empty) inbox

No as it would mean i talk to nobody women generally tend to put very little effort into messaging me

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"No as it would mean i talk to nobody women generally tend to put very little effort into messaging me "

You get messages off women?

We tend to reply with one word replies till they get bored

i block everyone from sending me messages.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Delete and block for me

"No as it would mean i talk to nobody women generally tend to put very little effort into messaging me

You get messages off women? "

on occasion

"

I would reply. I'm here to have some nice chat with a normal guy for mmf. I don't need to be impressed. I'm not up myself that way x

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"No as it would mean i talk to nobody women generally tend to put very little effort into messaging me

You get messages off women? on occasion"

I do as well, most of ma meets have been through pm's that have come about via a bit of banter on the forums, it's a good way to meet

You get messages off women? on occasion

I do as well, most of ma meets have been through pm's that have come about via a bit of banter on the forums, it's a good way to meet "

its a great way up until the last month i only met forum folks

If I get a reply and it’s no I thank them for taking the time to reply

Sometimes I'll give a "hey" the benefit of the doubt. My instant deletes are anyone using text speak like "wuut?" That a just lazy.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I do as well, most of ma meets have been through pm's that have come about via a bit of banter on the forums, it's a good way to meet its a great way up until the last month i only met forum folks"

How have you changed your approach then?

I'm out of most people's age ranges now, so I just tend to post inane drivel on here in the vain hope that it might get me laid at some point in time

I would reply. I'm here to have some nice chat with a normal guy for mmf. I don't need to be impressed. I'm not up myself that way x"

It's not about being up yourself it's about being inundated with messages so one or two words messages just aren't going to get a response. I most certainly don't need to be impressed but I do like to know that somebody has put a bit of effort in.

I do as well, most of ma meets have been through pm's that have come about via a bit of banter on the forums, it's a good way to meet its a great way up until the last month i only met forum folks

I'm out of most people's age ranges now, so I just tend to post inane drivel on here in the vain hope that it might get me laid at some point in time "

i just chat shit dont really have an approach i just shout until folks take notice with randomly comical status shite

I do as well, most of ma meets have been through pm's that have come about via a bit of banter on the forums, it's a good way to meet its a great way up until the last month i only met forum folks

I'm out of most people's age ranges now, so I just tend to post inane drivel on here in the vain hope that it might get me laid at some point in time "

i also never wanted to meet none forum folk until a recent bout of horniness

I do as well, most of ma meets have been through pm's that have come about via a bit of banter on the forums, it's a good way to meet "

My two most recent ones have been people that I've chatted to in the forums it's definitely a really good way to get to know someone and what they are like.

I do as well, most of ma meets have been through pm's that have come about via a bit of banter on the forums, it's a good way to meet

My two most recent ones have been people that I've chatted to in the forums it's definitely a really good way to get to know someone and what they are like. "

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm out of most people's age ranges now, so I just tend to post inane drivel on here in the vain hope that it might get me laid at some point in time i just chat shit dont really have an approach i just shout until folks take notice with randomly comical status shite"

Should I change ma username to pull my plonker?

I would reply. I'm here to have some nice chat with a normal guy for mmf. I don't need to be impressed. I'm not up myself that way x

It's not about being up yourself it's about being inundated with messages so one or two words messages just aren't going to get a response. I most certainly don't need to be impressed but I do like to know that somebody has put a bit of effort in. "

Nah. Just be normal and down to earth x

It's not about being up yourself it's about being inundated with messages so one or two words messages just aren't going to get a response. I most certainly don't need to be impressed but I do like to know that somebody has put a bit of effort in. "

exactly..

I'm out of most people's age ranges now, so I just tend to post inane drivel on here in the vain hope that it might get me laid at some point in time i just chat shit dont really have an approach i just shout until folks take notice with randomly comical status shite

Should I change ma username to pull my plonker? "

its your profile dude i dont think my name gets me ladys to be honest

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My two most recent ones have been people that I've chatted to in the forums it's definitely a really good way to get to know someone and what they are like. "

I seem to attract ladies from the South Coast

It's not about being up yourself it's about being inundated with messages so one or two words messages just aren't going to get a response. I most certainly don't need to be impressed but I do like to know that somebody has put a bit of effort in.

Nah. Just be normal and down to earth x"

Thank you for that great observation. I am very down to earth however if I was to apply to every single message I received I would need a personal secretary.

My two most recent ones have been people that I've chatted to in the forums it's definitely a really good way to get to know someone and what they are like.

I seem to attract ladies from the South Coast "

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Should I change ma username to pull my plonker? its your profile dude i dont think my name gets me ladys to be honest"

I know, I was only having a Giraffe, did you have a previous username? I was superramfan until about 4 years ago

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Sometimes I'll give a "hey" the benefit of the doubt. My instant deletes are anyone using text speak like "wuut?" That a just lazy."

To be honest it would take me a while to figure out what that even meant.

"Should I change ma username to pull my plonker? its your profile dude i dont think my name gets me ladys to be honest

I know, I was only having a Giraffe, did you have a previous username? I was superramfan until about 4 years ago "

yes but dont remember it only had it 1 month

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

Shame I'm too old and you can't travel, although I've had ladies who say they won't meet smokers come to stop with me for a couple of days

Nah. Just be normal and down to earth x

Thank you for that great observation. I am very down to earth however if I was to apply to every single message I received I would need a personal secretary. "

Lmfao x

I don't get messages.

Shame I'm too old and you can't travel, although I've had ladies who say they won't meet smokers come to stop with me for a couple of days "

Well I'm a smoker so I wouldn't have that problem.

No. I look at the profile and either reply or send a no thank you message.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Shame I'm too old and you can't travel, although I've had ladies who say they won't meet smokers come to stop with me for a couple of days

Well I'm a smoker so I wouldn't have that problem. "

Sounds cool, do you fancy a trip to Derby sometime?

I would hate to be inundated with so many messages I couldn't read and reply to them all.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I would hate to be inundated with so many messages I couldn't read and reply to them all."

I had a lady come and stop at mine a few years ago, and I was amazed how many she actually had in her inbox, it would freak me out as well!

By *J coupleCouple  over a year ago

stone

We delete those type of messages and those that indicate they’re a “genuine” person. I’m sure there aren’t too many fake humans on here, unless some being from space has joined Fab

"I would hate to be inundated with so many messages I couldn't read and reply to them all.

I had a lady come and stop at mine a few years ago, and I was amazed how many she actually had in her inbox, it would freak me out as well! "

I think the other thing is I've made it very clear on my profile the kind of messages I don't want to receive so if somebody sends me a 1 or 2 word message then I just delete it and I don't understand why they're surprised by that. There is only so many "hi how are" messages I can receive in a day before I get exceptionally board. Also I'm not going to feel guilty for not being obliged to reply to a message.

Stockport

"no, i reply to every message i get...........sits waiting for a message....... waiting......... waiting............. waiting.......... "

Hahaha shame were more than 20 miles away then lol

By *asterslittlewhoreCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Best ones are the exact same msg theyve sent before ....new mailbox shows the old one lol total c+p

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"

Instant delete.

If they CBA to put the effort into writing anything worth reading, I CBA to bother replying.

It's clearly stated on my profile, but yeah yeah, we all know no ones reads that stuff anyway.

Always amuses me when I get a follow up message, criticising my attitude.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I would hate to be inundated with so many messages I couldn't read and reply to them all.

I had a lady come and stop at mine a few years ago, and I was amazed how many she actually had in her inbox, it would freak me out as well!

I think the other thing is I've made it very clear on my profile the kind of messages I don't want to receive so if somebody sends me a 1 or 2 word message then I just delete it and I don't understand why they're surprised by that. There is only so many "hi how are" messages I can receive in a day before I get exceptionally board. Also I'm not going to feel guilty for not being obliged to reply to a message. "

It was crazy, when she opened her laptop she must have had about 150 messages in there, some wishing her well for her journey to mine, she did return for a second visit, but mostly unsolicited. How the hell's anyone supposed to reply to them for crying out loud no matter how good natured and what your intentions may be. I need a secretary to open ma post on a weekly basis ffs!

I think the other thing is I've made it very clear on my profile the kind of messages I don't want to receive so if somebody sends me a 1 or 2 word message then I just delete it and I don't understand why they're surprised by that. There is only so many "hi how are" messages I can receive in a day before I get exceptionally board. Also I'm not going to feel guilty for not being obliged to reply to a message.

It was crazy, when she opened her laptop she must have had about 150 messages in there, some wishing her well for her journey to mine, she did return for a second visit, but mostly unsolicited. How the hell's anyone supposed to reply to them for crying out loud no matter how good natured and what your intentions may be. I need a secretary to open ma post on a weekly basis ffs! "

Exactly.

It was crazy, when she opened her laptop she must have had about 150 messages in there, some wishing her well for her journey to mine, she did return for a second visit, but mostly unsolicited. How the hell's anyone supposed to reply to them for crying out loud no matter how good natured and what your intentions may be. I need a secretary to open ma post on a weekly basis ffs!

Exactly. "

This^ I try to keep on top of mine but haven't managed to get it to less than 100. Currently sat at 264 (although I'm sure I can add at least 5 to that in the time it's taken to type this) and probably half are just "hey" or "u ok?"

I would reply. I'm here to have some nice chat with a normal guy for mmf. I don't need to be impressed. I'm not up myself that way x"

"

I'd check for pics first

If I fancied them then I'd reply

If it got to a few messages in and I was getting short answers and it was like pulling teeth, then I'd lose interest

If there were no pics or I didn't fancy them, I wouldn't answer

"Instantly delete. I used to reply with a thanks but not interested message, but I got a fair amount of abuse for it. So no point "

Same! Have had loads of abuse back when I sent a polite reply so just delete now unles its a really nice message

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Instantly delete. I used to reply with a thanks but not interested message, but I got a fair amount of abuse for it. So no point

Same! Have had loads of abuse back when I sent a polite reply so just delete now unles its a really nice message

"

And me, I ignore most messages unless one catches my eye, and periodically go through them replying to some and deleting most.

» Add a new message to this topic