FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Faking it

Faking it

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

They say you should fake it till you make it. Or something like that!

For example if you're shy, just pretend to be confident and people will respond to that. Then you'll feel more at ease and less shy.

Have you tried this? Any success stories - or even stories of utter doom?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Yes I have, I used to be painfully shy and then made a massive effort to talk to people when I went to Uni.

I astounded myself and became popular! I also began to feel confident until it became my natural state

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yesi was shy till i got into sales so acted load until i lost it

I am desperately anti-social yet have quite a lot of outer confidence. That confidence started very much as an act.

I act confident but I am suuuuuuuper shy. But I’m getting there - so I guess it’s true

By *r MoriartyMan  over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

My first few meets on here I had to pretend I wasn't bricking it. Think I pulled it off ok.

By *oney to the beeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

Faking confidence is good faking skills and qualifications isn't. But everyone should be able to hold their head high.

I can't be arsed to fake it.

I'm not bothered if people like me or not.

I'm happy in my own company to be honest - being fake is exhausting!

Let all the sycophants get on with it and I'll be in pyjamas with headphones on

I am a grouch by nature, put on an act of being fun and friendly so often people think I am a party person

I used to fake it. I was so crap at being a guy everyone, including me, hated me.

Now I’ve dropped the facade I’m much happier and I have FRIENDS

"I can't be arsed to fake it.

Let all the sycophants get on with it and I'll be in pyjamas with headphones on "

Oh... get out of MY pyjamas

Daily positive affirmations & law of attraction is all you need in your life to achieve what you want.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I can only ever be me....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've been faking being a billionairess for six months now. It's not going well...

I use to be extremely shy but when I went to uni and also work after that. I faked my outward appearance. I made friends, and progressed and I am a lot more confident now because of it. I still get shy in new situations or having to deal with new people, but that only lasts briefly.

Honestly, yes I am quite self conscious, but have had to make presentations from boardrooms to conferences. First 2 sentences are hard. Fake those and I can sell you a bridge.

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

My ex gave me confidence, I've been faking it ever since the split.

Let all the sycophants get on with it and I'll be in pyjamas with headphones on "

I'm really shy especially in groups. I have to push myself to have the confidence to go to socials

By *ood luking looserMan  over a year ago

Town

I'm Extremely shy socially. I've missed out on so many opportunities. It annoys me when Many people think I'm ignorant when I generally just carnt find the words to say anything.

However, put me in my work uniform and I'm the most confident guy people ever meet. I have to be extremely confident in my job in a position of trust. But as soon as I'm Home I loose it. I'm shy around women not because I put them on a pedestal but because of their absolute feminine beauty

I've missed out on so many dates due to been the shy guy. But we are that rare specimen of men.

I'm pretty much adorable, really. Mysterious, intriguing, and sensitive. SHY GUYS ARE HOT!!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'm naturally shy. When I first moved away from my home town my son was 18 months old I had to make the effort to go to toddler groups for both our sakes. I was bricking it, got there, paid my money, the woman pointed to the corner and said 'the new ones are over there', normally I would of turned around and left but I went over. There was one other woman there, she looked at me, smiled and said 'you must be new to, are you hating this as much as me?' She's one of my besties now

I live my life this way!! I take confidence, I also fake over the top preppy and energetic. I fake sexy confidence too ha ha.

It genuinely works!

Eve. x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm naturally shy. When I first moved away from my home town my son was 18 months old I had to make the effort to go to toddler groups for both our sakes. I was bricking it, got there, paid my money, the woman pointed to the corner and said 'the new ones are over there', normally I would of turned around and left but I went over. There was one other woman there, she looked at me, smiled and said 'you must be new to, are you hating this as much as me?' She's one of my besties now "

Oh that brought back some memories. I found mother and toddler groups were the most unfriendly and cliquey groups of people I have ever come across.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I'm naturally shy. When I first moved away from my home town my son was 18 months old I had to make the effort to go to toddler groups for both our sakes. I was bricking it, got there, paid my money, the woman pointed to the corner and said 'the new ones are over there', normally I would of turned around and left but I went over. There was one other woman there, she looked at me, smiled and said 'you must be new to, are you hating this as much as me?' She's one of my besties now

Oh that brought back some memories. I found mother and toddler groups were the most unfriendly and cliquey groups of people I have ever come across."

Definitely! I hated them, I only went because I thought they were good for my kids. I did make a couple of good friends though it was difficult for me being an outsider!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm naturally shy. When I first moved away from my home town my son was 18 months old I had to make the effort to go to toddler groups for both our sakes. I was bricking it, got there, paid my money, the woman pointed to the corner and said 'the new ones are over there', normally I would of turned around and left but I went over. There was one other woman there, she looked at me, smiled and said 'you must be new to, are you hating this as much as me?' She's one of my besties now

Oh that brought back some memories. I found mother and toddler groups were the most unfriendly and cliquey groups of people I have ever come across.

Definitely! I hated them, I only went because I thought they were good for my kids. I did make a couple of good friends though it was difficult for me being an outsider!"

Me too. I went to make friends, it was laughable really everyone was in their clique and very resistant to newcomers. After that experience I vowed that if I was ever anywhere that a person looked new and isolated I would reach out.

I fake all my orgasms

I'm an incredibly shy person and so often I fake confidence. But having anxiety plays a huge part in that. I fake body confidence often, I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to that. All I ever see are imperfections.

L. X

I think even the most apparently outwardly confident of folk, hides insecurities and nerves.

We're all guilty of assuming others are in a better place than ourselves?

Just got to keep trying.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I'm shy too and enjoy my own company. I find small talk very hard. It is very exhausting to fake it and be 'on' all the time. Definitely gets easier the more you do it though and you always feel good after you've pushed yourself out of your comfort zone.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

I’ve always been fairly confident it’s one of the most frequent compliments I get

Never had issues making friends etc even working a room at socials etc comes quite naturally to me

Let all the sycophants get on with it and I'll be in pyjamas with headphones on

Oh... get out of MY pyjamas "

» Add a new message to this topic