FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I really don’t care...

I really don’t care...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

...what you allow your children to do in your own home but have some accountability for them in others.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

My children are well behaved in other people's home ta very much. At home however...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"My children are well behaved in other people's home ta very much. At home however...

"

Same here, mine our angels but when at home its loke ive fed them after midnight, fuckin gremlins.

My child is an angel at home, in school and any where else he goes. But thanks for the advice

London

"My children are well behaved in other people's home ta very much. At home however...

"

Ha! I get that one

I have had 8 year old grandson crying in my room because the parents of the 4 year old have completely ignored him and because of that, he’s smashed Lego and trashed his bedroom.

I’m also a guest in this house (lodging with my daughter) so my usual ‘look’ can’t be deployed.

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"...what you allow your children to do in your own home but have some accountability for them in others. "

Take it you have had some issues with unruly kids today.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"...what you allow your children to do in your own home but have some accountability for them in others. "

Oh dear, that sounds like there's a story behind it!

London

"My child is an angel at home, in school and any where else he goes. But thanks for the advice "

Fantastic! You’re welcome to bring them over then.

Same here, mine our angels but when at home its loke ive fed them after midnight, fuckin gremlins. "

Pmsl know that feeling

I get it, it's the parents who are to blame, should be taught how to behave and respect others. I have friends who bring they're kids to my house and just sit on their arse and let the little lovelies do what they want, like it's my responsibilty, sorry but fuck off. Sorry about the rant.

By *reenlanerCouple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Mine are 36 32 they better behave ??

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Should go without saying really if you ask me!

Mine are a mixed bag ones a shit wherever he goes chaos follows regardless how he behaves

1 is quiet as a mouse the other is a baby so dunno yet

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

so pleased I didn’t have any

"Mine are 36 32 they better behave ?? "

London

"...what you allow your children to do in your own home but have some accountability for them in others.

I get it, it's the parents who are to blame, should be taught how to behave and respect others. I have friends who bring they're kids to my house and just sit on their arse and let the little lovelies do what they want, like it's my responsibilty, sorry but fuck off. Sorry about the rant. "

Exactly that. The parents moan and winge about what the child does but doesn’t actually do anything about it and inflicts it on others.

Too busy smoking in the rain WITH THE FUCKING DOOR WIDE OPEN to even notice that he’s also eaten the rest of the chocolate that my grandson was saving for tomorrow.

Ha! I get that one

I have had 8 year old grandson crying in my room because the parents of the 4 year old have completely ignored him and because of that, he’s smashed Lego and trashed his bedroom.

I’m also a guest in this house (lodging with my daughter) so my usual ‘look’ can’t be deployed. "

But are you the cool Nana or the one that keeps then in line

"...what you allow your children to do in your own home but have some accountability for them in others.

I get it, it's the parents who are to blame, should be taught how to behave and respect others. I have friends who bring they're kids to my house and just sit on their arse and let the little lovelies do what they want, like it's my responsibilty, sorry but fuck off. Sorry about the rant.

Exactly that. The parents moan and winge about what the child does but doesn’t actually do anything about it and inflicts it on others.

Too busy smoking in the rain WITH THE FUCKING DOOR WIDE OPEN to even notice that he’s also eaten the rest of the chocolate that my grandson was saving for tomorrow. "

What can i say? I know alot of people like that, why have kids? If you can't get a grip. Boils my piss.

" so pleased I didn’t have any "

This

Too busy smoking in the rain WITH THE FUCKING DOOR WIDE OPEN to even notice that he’s also eaten the rest of the chocolate that my grandson was saving for tomorrow. "

Why didn't you stick up for your grandson?

Did you tell the parents?

I get it, it's the parents who are to blame, should be taught how to behave and respect others. I have friends who bring they're kids to my house and just sit on their arse and let the little lovelies do what they want, like it's my responsibilty, sorry but fuck off. Sorry about the rant. "

Why do you keep inviting them over?

London

Too busy smoking in the rain WITH THE FUCKING DOOR WIDE OPEN to even notice that he’s also eaten the rest of the chocolate that my grandson was saving for tomorrow.

Why didn't you stick up for your grandson?"

I did after I found out.

London

Why didn't you stick up for your grandson?"

...and to answer that further as you always try your hardest to be horrid to me...how do you know I didn’t?

This was my rant about other people who don’t care about how their children behave in other people houses.

You have had issues with my posts for quite a while now, just back off and leave me alone.

...and to answer that further as you always try your hardest to be horrid to me...how do you know I didn’t?

This was my rant about other people who don’t care about how their children behave in other people houses.

You have had issues with my posts for quite a while now, just back off and leave me alone."

I was going to stick up for you but merry Christmas eh.

You have some serious issues.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I love kids, other people's though, as you can always give them back

London

You have had issues with my posts for quite a while now, just back off and leave me alone.

I was going to stick up for you but merry Christmas eh.

You have some serious issues. "

I’ve asked you to leave me alone more than once yet you keep on doing this.

LEAVE ME ALONE.

[Removed by poster at 26/12/18 00:31:35]

My kids are my proudest achievement.

Never had to discipline them once, always behaved. All young adults now and always get complimented on how polite they are and what great teenagers they have become.

My sisters kids on the other hand could do with some discipline. I point blank refuse them in the house, I've told her why but she does the listen. Amount of stuff they have broke/damaged is unreal and she just let's it go.

London

"I love kids, other people's though, as you can always give them back "

I don’t mind children at all really, I just want their parents to be present and check they aren’t doing stuff they shouldn’t.

London

"My kids are my proudest achievement.

Never had to discipline them once, always behaved. All young adults now and always get complimented on how polite they are and what great teenagers they have become.

My sisters kids on the other hand could do with some discipline. I point blank refuse them in the house, I've told her why but she does the listen. Amount of stuff they have broke/damaged is unreal and she just let's it go."

So frustrating, isn’t it. No child is an angel, they all have to discover boundaries and in the process should expect their parents to help them with that.

[Removed by poster at 26/12/18 00:46:35]

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Who was it said 'I like kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one'!

London

"Who was it said 'I like kids, but I couldn't eat a whole one'!"

Roald Dahl I think.

Why do you keep inviting them over?"

I don't they turn up.

It's times like these I'm glad I don't have kids! My thoughts and preys are with you all

"It's times like these I'm glad I don't have kids! My thoughts and preys are with you all "

I understand what you mean but kids are a beautiful thing as we were all kids at some point. I love my absolute angels and when we go anywhere they make me proud.

"It's times like these I'm glad I don't have kids! My thoughts and preys are with you all

I understand what you mean but kids are a beautiful thing as we were all kids at some point. I love my absolute angels and when we go anywhere they make me proud. "

Yeah there's upsides. I'm happy without thanks.

Onestepoutofthedoor

My sisters kids on the other hand could do with some discipline. I point blank refuse them in the house, I've told her why but she does the listen. Amount of stuff they have broke/damaged is unreal and she just let's it go."

You've never had to discipline your kid's,gosh that's some statement coming from a parent. Those word's I can honestly say have never left my lips.

" so pleased I didn’t have any "

Likewise! I can't stand them

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I am going to say it’s not easy. My brother was the biggest shit head of a kid when growing up. Hyperactivity / adhd brought on by food colourings. Most of the time we could manage it, it was only when some food had something in it that wasnt explicitly stated and my brother was like the Tasmanian devil mixed with a T. rex.

My mum at times couldn’t cope, my brother was also OCD about things and still to the day can be. You can’t always blame the kids you sometimes need to understand why.

A swinging friend of mine who doesn’t swing her oldest is on the spectrum, and she is often upset because of the despising looks people give her when he is having a meltdown

Onestepoutofthedoor

" so pleased I didn’t have any

Likewise! I can't stand them "

That's a bit general isn't it,every child isn't the same. There's some absolute angels out there,some not so quite angels out there and some damn right spoil devils out there,you can't lump them all together surely.

That's a bit general isn't it,every child isn't the same. There's some absolute angels out there,some not so quite angels out there and some damn right spoil devils out there,you can't lump them all together surely."

I have a right to my own likes and dislikes just as anyone else does

Onestepoutofthedoor

That's a bit general isn't it,every child isn't the same. There's some absolute angels out there,some not so quite angels out there and some damn right spoil devils out there,you can't lump them all together surely.

I have a right to my own likes and dislikes just as anyone else does "

Well of course you do,I just find it strange you say you can't stand them. It's like saying you can't stand men or women,how the heck do you know you haven't met them all.

Anyway,children seem to bring out the worst in some people it appears so I'll leave it there.

Well of course you do,I just find it strange you say you can't stand them. It's like saying you can't stand men or women,how the heck do you know you haven't met them all.

Anyway,children seem to bring out the worst in some people it appears so I'll leave it there."

Not really, some people can't stand dogs, broccoli or whatever. I don't get why those who have reproduced don't understand that others have chosen another path because it's not for them. Sometimes disliking something is not logical, it's visceral.

Onestepoutofthedoor

Anyway,children seem to bring out the worst in some people it appears so I'll leave it there.

Not really, some people can't stand dogs, broccoli or whatever. I don't get why those who have reproduced don't understand that others have chosen another path because it's not for them. Sometimes disliking something is not logical, it's visceral. "

I haven't reproduced as you so pleasantly put it and I understand completely people not wanting children.

Yeah never been very good at leaving thing's there...

they’re always different on their home turf

I think it's difficult when you are in a situation where you would want to discipline them when they are misbehaving but can't. And can't walk away either. If they were another adult you would speak to them, but as they are a child, you feel it's the parents' responsibility to do so. If you say something to the parents about their precious darlings you won't be thanked for it either.

There is a saying that it takes a village to raise a child- and I understand why now I have my own child.

This is one reason why we are bringing up and have bought up a generation (well more than one actually) of ignorant and self entitled people, who have no respect for authority because it starts in their formative years in the home.

Sending hugs and admiration to you Topsy for your forbearance- I can't do it!

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Mine are 36 32 they better behave ?? "

same here ....

How old was the child?

If I had guests over, especially those with small children, I told my children to put all their new toys away, and hide their Christmas chocolate.

People can't be expected to have their children stuck to their hip at Christmas get togethers.

My grandsons' chocolate and sweets with be put on top of wardrobes, or bedroom door locked.

I have 37 years experience of children and chocolate.

"Mine are 36 32 they better behave ??

same here .... "

My 32 and 37 year old girls would eat some of my chocolate without blinking.

They would be doing me a favour.

People that allow their kids to misbehave in others people's homes or out in public need a slap.

People that let their kids run up and down screaming etc ..

Take them to the park to blow off steam - why are you oblivious that they are irritating others?

I've got to an age now where I have little patience for screaming kids and don't want them in my home unless they're well behaved.

"People that allow their kids to misbehave in others people's homes or out in public need a slap.

Take them to the park to blow off steam - why are you oblivious that they are irritating others?

I've got to an age now where I have little patience for screaming kids and don't want them in my home unless they're well behaved."

Maybe it's just you they are irritating? If you have to take your child out,and it's a lively one, do you think sedating it or tying to a pushchair with tape over its mouth a good idea?

"People that allow their kids to misbehave in others people's homes or out in public need a slap.

I've got to an age now where I have little patience for screaming kids and don't want them in my home unless they're well behaved.

Maybe it's just you they are irritating? If you have to take your child out,and it's a lively one, do you think sedating it or tying to a pushchair with tape over its mouth a good idea? "

I doubt it's just me that finds it irritating

It's usually only the parents of their little darlings that think it's OK for them to behave like that in public and that " their just children "

I'd rather not put up with it especially in my own house.

Not a lot any of us can so about it in public.

I say pit the tape over their mouths

They're *

What do you mean by discipline them.

I dont have kids but it seems strange that kids could grow up perfectly behaved with having some form of correction of discipline as they go.

Just wondering if I am not understanding what you mean by discipline or if you should be writing best selling parenting books?

Maybe it's just you they are irritating? If you have to take your child out,and it's a lively one, do you think sedating it or tying to a pushchair with tape over its mouth a good idea?

It's usually only the parents of their little darlings that think it's OK for them to behave like that in public and that " their just children "

I say pit the tape over their mouths "

I don't have small children and mine were well-behaved, but I don't become aggravated by other people's children, being children.

Maybe I'm more chilled and happy than most people as I find the sound of children enjoying being young makes me happy.

I was a bit annoyed at a mother on a bus once, who kept snapping at her kids, every time they turned around or spoke to each other. She smacked one of them on the leg because he pointed out of the window and laughed at something.

They are the really bad parents, in my opinion.

My sisters kids on the other hand could do with some discipline. I point blank refuse them in the house, I've told her why but she does the listen. Amount of stuff they have broke/damaged is unreal and she just let's it go.

I dont have kids but it seems strange that kids could grow up perfectly behaved with having some form of correction of discipline as they go.

Just wondering if I am not understanding what you mean by discipline or if you should be writing best selling parenting books?"

Some people like to see parents shouting at their kids, when they aren't being Mary Poppins perfect.

Some people just don't know how to parent. My son is 15 and he's a absolute dream. Will talk to me about anything. He's helpful kind caring. I hate other people's kids

Just wondering if I am not understanding what you mean by discipline or if you should be writing best selling parenting books?

Some people like to see parents shouting at their kids, when they aren't being Mary Poppins perfect.

"

This is kind of my point... to me discpline does not have to be shouting or losing the plot. A calm correction or a punishment reletive to bad behviour is discipline to me

I don't have small children and mine were well-behaved, but I don't become aggravated by other people's children, being children.

Maybe I'm more chilled and happy than most people as I find the sound of children enjoying being young makes me happy.

I was a bit annoyed at a mother on a bus once, who kept snapping at her kids, every time they turned around or spoke to each other. She smacked one of them on the leg because he pointed out of the window and laughed at something.

"

I'm perfectly happy - that I don't have kids

I'd rather not be present when people are "parenting " etc ..

There's nothing I can do about it in public - other than leave the area.

But the OP was about other people's kids misbehaving in your own home.

No thanks

No thanks "

Thankfully, you can choose to not invite children into your home.

The OP knows for next time now.

"Some people just don't know how to parent. My son is 15 and he's a absolute dream. Will talk to me about anything. He's helpful kind caring. I hate other people's kids "

Sounds like a fine young man you have there.

I think the only time I've been put off by children was on a flight where the parents put them in the aisle to let them run up and down shouting.

Which is fine apart from the fact your on a plane and you can't just open the door and leave.

The parents just slumped in their seats drinking and watching something on a tablet.

I don't blame the kids, I'm sure they didn't want to be on a plane with their parents either.

"Some people just don't know how to parent. My son is 15 and he's a absolute dream. Will talk to me about anything. He's helpful kind caring. I hate other people's kids

I think the only time I've been put off by children was on a flight where the parents put them in the aisle to let them run up and down shouting.

Which is fine apart from the fact your on a plane and you can't just open the door and leave.

The parents just slumped in their seats drinking and watching something on a tablet.

I don't blame the kids, I'm sure they didn't want to be on a plane with their parents either.

"

That's the worst.

Being trapped with brats

I've had a few flights like this - luckily you're provided with headphones

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I have low tolerance for misbehaving kids, because mine are actually very well behaved for the most part. Any other kids in my house can play by my rules or they can bugger off back home to cause chaos.

"Some people just don't know how to parent. My son is 15 and he's a absolute dream. Will talk to me about anything. He's helpful kind caring. I hate other people's kids

That's the worst.

Being trapped with brats

I've had a few flights like this - luckily you're provided with headphones "

They don't block out feet in your back though. I had to ask the man behind me to tell his little boy not to kick my granddaughter's chair, as she was getting really angry about it. I don't think he realised what he was doing as he was watching something on his tablet, with headphones in.

My granddaughter was ready to explode.

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

No thanks

"

Although the OP did point out she’s not in her own home.

And is it like shoes at the door - can you leave your kids outside please?

That's the worst.

Being trapped with brats

They don't block out feet in your back though. I had to ask the man behind me to tell his little boy not to kick my granddaughter's chair, as she was getting really angry about it. I don't think he realised what he was doing as he was watching something on his tablet, with headphones in.

My granddaughter was ready to explode."

It's truly awful that some parents allow this behaviour.

None of the children in my family would have dared behave like this

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

Bring back the child catchers I say ...

"Bring back the child catchers I say ... "

I agree

"

Urgh horrid people. I have to deal with other people's monkeys and their parents in my work place. It makes me frown a lot.

That's the worst.

Being trapped with brats

It's truly awful that some parents allow this behaviour.

None of the children in my family would have dared behave like this "

He didn't allow it. They were both watching something on tablets, and when I politely pointed out the boy was kicking my granddaughter's seat he asked him to stop, and he did.

The child wasn't misbehaving.

No thanks

Although the OP did point out she’s not in her own home.

And is it like shoes at the door - can you leave your kids outside please? "

Oh I missed that bit. I'm assuming it was her grandsons home then and the offending child went to his room and stole his chocolate?

"

The child wasn't misbehaving."

Lol OK- let's just leave it as I don't like that sort of behaviour.

That's why so don't like children all that much.

My choice.

I'd rather not be on a flight neing kicked in the back or have to listen to whining or screaming or any of it.

But it's OK for those of you that do too

That's the worst.

Being trapped with brats

My granddaughter was ready to explode."

I see this on the train more from teenagers than children. Kicking or nudging the back of the seat with force to disturb the person in front.usually an old person is the target or someone defenceless.

Don't understand it

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

[Removed by poster at 26/12/18 08:58:45]

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Our nice is a stroppey thirteen year old, but it can be put down of her body going through changes. She was an angel before the teens started.

The 6 year old nephew is a Shit, throws a tantrum when you say no. Fights with his sister if she looks at him in the wrong way, but then I did that with my sister.

He gets what he wants whenever he wants from his parents, they never shout at him or punish him. By that I mean even giving him a time out, she gets persecuted for doing anything.

I've got to an age now where I have little patience for screaming kids and don't want them in my home unless they're well behaved."

I've been in situations where I've told other people's kids to behave and I'll do it again.

That's the worst.

Being trapped with brats

I see this on the train more from teenagers than children. Kicking or nudging the back of the seat with force to disturb the person in front.usually an old person is the target or someone defenceless.

Don't understand it

"

I've shouted at young people on a train to behave. They got arsey then did shut up. They were disrupting the entire carriage.

I blame the VHS player and Walt Disney, why?

Because when Disney worked out parents would sit the kids in front of the vhs player and leave them it was a money spinner. And parents realized Disney would bring up the kids while they got d*unk and Facebooked all day.

Kids then had to dress themselves, mummy would point to the cupboard for food when little one was hungry as her Facebook life became the priority.

And look how mummy snapped if a little one wanted something.

She would plonk the kid back down with a packet of biscuits in front of Walt Disney vhs because it was easier to deal with as the kids were doing her head in.

And where was dad in all this? Shagging one of her Facebook friends as he took offence to the kids.

This is why Jeremy Kyle is on TV. So many are like this and do not take responsibility for anything let alone their kids.

But it is nice to read the majority love there children and are doing the best they can for them.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Both my youngest 2 boys have additional needs.

For the most part their behaviour is fine, I'm often complimented on their conduct, manners & politeness, but it doesn't take a lot to trigger them.

I've avoided visiting people or social situations when I know something is brewing or we will encounter something that could trigger a meltdown. I wouldn't put either of them or others through that.

I was a teacher, several years working in an SN school. I can spot the difference between a child with condition based behaviour over a naughty one, unchecked by its parents. I can't abide the latter, I have friends I won't visit at home or have at mine with their kids in tow.

I made excuses over the years as to why, I've told a few straight to their faces, I've lost friends over it.

And that is fine. I've worked hard to raise all mine to be polite despite their individual issues, if someone else can't be respectful, do the same, then quite frankly I won't miss them.

"I blame the VHS player and Walt Disney, why?

Because when Disney worked out parents would sit the kids in front of the vhs player and leave them it was a money spinner. And parents realized Disney would bring up the kids while they got d*unk and Facebooked all day.

Kids then had to dress themselves, mummy would point to the cupboard for food when little one was hungry as her Facebook life became the priority.

She would plonk the kid back down with a packet of biscuits in front of Walt Disney vhs because it was easier to deal with as the kids were doing her head in.

And where was dad in all this? Shagging one of her Facebook friends as he took offence to the kids.

This is why Jeremy Kyle is on TV. So many are like this and do not take responsibility for anything let alone their kids.

But it is nice to read the majority love there children and are doing the best they can for them."

I don't think there are many families like that. You may think there are because you watch Jeremy Kyle.

Did someone shit in the rice cooker?

My angels

Spinning it around,,,,I would like to know what the children would think of their dear Mummys and Daddys behavior in other people houses...traumatic springs to mind

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I had the OP’s experience many years ago. My nephew arrived and tipped all the toy boxes out over the floor. I waited on his parents chastising him and then I had to do it as they ignored his actions. I was not pleased with my brother.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

[Removed by poster at 26/12/18 12:42:22]

"I blame the VHS player and Walt Disney, why?

But it is nice to read the majority love there children and are doing the best they can for them.

I don't think there are many families like that. You may think there are because you watch Jeremy Kyle. "

I didn't not say I watched Jeremy kyle.

What I did say is this is why he is on TV .

You made up that statement not me.

I never implied I watched it.

My brothers kids were cunts growing up. Thankfully my boys used to watch it all and see how stupid the behaviour was.

I then got told by my brother I was too strict, no I was the least strict parent, it came down to choice, my kids were given it, act like that you look like them, act the way you are and you'll be you. Think about why everyone invites you to play over? They never get invited.

At 25 and 23 I can honestly say that my boys have never caused me grief, or serious worry. Always been kind, and always helped others. Both have good careers, both sailed through school.

Youngest is cheeky though, never failed his tradition of calling me Critler ( Christmas Hitler ) before making me bankrupt in Monopoly :/

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

There's only one little angel, beautiful, well behaved child in the world .. yet every parent seems to have it

"There's only one little angel, beautiful, well behaved child in the world .. yet every parent seems to have it "

Haha

So true!

Let's face it - other people's kids are annoying.

Remember that when your kid is screaming and running around - kicking or tantruming

No one else finds it adorable.

» Add a new message to this topic