FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > x type jaguar ABS light

x type jaguar ABS light

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

Got the ABS warning light on, but when I used my diagnostic scanner it did not bring up any fault code for it, but it is a cheapo scanner. any idea anyone had this problem, I assume it is probably a when sensor, Mmm but which one.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ason.Man  over a year ago

west yorkshire

Would try a different machine to read the codes

If the light is on there will definitely be a trouble code stored

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Most likely wheel sensor easy to check with a little knowledge

west yorkshire

"Most likely wheel sensor easy to check with a little knowledge "

Not so easy if it’s the later type digital sensor unless you have a scope to hand.

Much easier to get a better code reader and read the actual fault rather than testing each individual sensor

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Check the basics first. Play in wheel bearings. Check all the tyres are exactly the same size and profile. These can cause abs lights to come on.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

Need a £20 lead needs to read can hi and low! the correct software (free) and £4 meter.

west yorkshire

I have had to remove and send the abs pumps away for repairs on the x type jags

Find a decent technician/garage and have them read the codes will save you money in the long run rather than guessing and replacing parts that don’t need replacing

If no joy with the scanner, Jack the car up, wheels off use a brush and clean around the sensors.

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Disconnect the battery overnight and see what happens.... Also try charging it full

Stop being a tight arse & pop in to the garage /dealership

"Got the ABS warning light on, but when I used my diagnostic scanner it did not bring up any fault code for it, but it is a cheapo scanner. any idea anyone had this problem, I assume it is probably a when sensor, Mmm but which one."

Yeh best use a decent scan tool, if you can find out if they are inductive type or hall effect sensors you can measure resistance if they're inductive and find which one has the open circuit.

west yorkshire

"Disconnect the battery overnight and see what happens.... Also try charging it full"

Disconnecting the battery will

Only make more work for you will not fix the problem

Ie reset clock windows possisle air bag light on etc etc

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple  over a year ago

chester

Buy a decent scanner if you intend to keep the car any length of time and intend do your own repairs where possible.

Otherwise find a decent independent garage with a good scan tool or take it to a dealer.

Fault finding by substitution on modern cars is a recipe for putting money down holes.

I don't know which X-type you've got but Car Mechanics Oct 2018 did a full article on a full service (courtesy of North Wales Jags workshop) on a V6.

Lot of helpful stuff PLUS some very, very worrying stuff on corrosion. You might want to give your sills (amongst other bits) a very hard look and poke.

If it’s the same issue as the S Type has, you just need to clean the ABS ring on each wheel.

By *ruebameMan  over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

Mine was the sensor in my near side front wheel get rid if it's DEISEL it's the start of everything else going wrong there just a Mondeo mine only had just over 30thousand on the clock the injectors went then the clocks there a nightmare as the clocks are connected to the immobiliser

This is what failed my mot,, conplete ball ache

By *riskygaz OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

"Buy a decent scanner if you intend to keep the car any length of time and intend do your own repairs where possible.

Otherwise find a decent independent garage with a good scan tool or take it to a dealer.

Fault finding by substitution on modern cars is a recipe for putting money down holes.

I don't know which X-type you've got but Car Mechanics Oct 2018 did a full article on a full service (courtesy of North Wales Jags workshop) on a V6.

Lot of helpful stuff PLUS some very, very worrying stuff on corrosion. You might want to give your sills (amongst other bits) a very hard look and poke."

I had to have a few holes in the sills done last year.

» Add a new message to this topic