FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Diabetes

Diabetes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkerbell67 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Just been put on metformin for diabetes 5 days before Christmas I was wondering how you cope this time of year with all the nice food and drink about ....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

With all the chocolate I've been eating I have been worrying about contracting diabetes.

As it can cause serious problems, healthwise, the thought of losing my legs is helping me eat healthier.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I was diagnosed with diet controlled diabetes earlier this year, that diet is going out of the window over Xmas though

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Most of the food and drink is available year round. I remind myself of this, as I need to be on a restricted diet for other reasons.

It's tough. Hugs if you want them.

By *risrugbyfanMan  over a year ago

yate

Ive been put on this couple of weeks ago and its a struggle at mo.spoke to nurse who told me and i quote " do best you can ,have couple of days of madness then back on healthy diet "

Its hard x

Must be nightmare for you.

Hope things are ok, been lovely when we have spoken in the past.

Take care x

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"Just been put on metformin for diabetes 5 days before Christmas I was wondering how you cope this time of year with all the nice food and drink about ...."

Enjoy it all, but in moderation. Tbh, the chasing down of hypers and hypos becomes motivation in itself to not get too involved in the bad stuff, a lot of hassle that's avoidable. Prolonged high readings can promote Thrush.

You can also prepare in advance for the rise in sugars (not this year obviously) by reducing sugar's for a while beforehand. Good luck with it, don't let it get you down.

It’s a case of monitoring your bm before meals, that will give you a good idea of what you can indulge in.

Merry Christmas

I'm on diabetes related medication. What I tend to do is check my sugar levels throughout the day and if they're at a reasonable level I allow myself a treat in the evening over the Christmas period. The metformin will help to control your levels anyway so my advice would be enjoy yourself and don't overly worry about having treats just keep monitoring those levels. You will know when you've over indulged because you will feel it. Take care and enjoy your Christmas.

Everything in moderation (except spoonsful of sugar), watch your weight, eat healthily and Xmas won't matter if you blow out for a couple of days

Well, this is what a diabetic consultant told me, and as a result, through sheer hard work and discipline, I lost 9 stone

Want to try to shift another 5 next year if I can xx

"Everything in moderation (except spoonsful of sugar), watch your weight, eat healthily and Xmas won't matter if you blow out for a couple of days

Well, this is what a diabetic consultant told me, and as a result, through sheer hard work and discipline, I lost 9 stone

Want to try to shift another 5 next year if I can xx"

Well done you that's excellent.

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"Everything in moderation (except spoonsful of sugar), watch your weight, eat healthily and Xmas won't matter if you blow out for a couple of days

Want to try to shift another 5 next year if I can xx

Well done you that's excellent. "

Well done indeed

By *inkerbell67 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Thank you for your advice xxx merry Christmas

» Add a new message to this topic