FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Be honest, have you ever been put off by someone's fashion sense?

Be honest, have you ever been put off by someone's fashion sense?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I have been talking to a very pretty human lady, she is real. We have FaceTimed. This morning she sent me a bunch of photos and she wears clothes that I.am not particularly fond of. It won't necessarily stop the meet from happening, but it did make me wonder if others have not met due to this reason?

Be honest, fess up!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lastic.Mask.ManMan  over a year ago

Grimsby

Only my own.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What is she wearing?

"What is she wearing?

"

I can't possibly share that. I already Feel a little guilty for posting this, but it really has sparked my curiosity

Shallow Hal comes to mind!

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"So I have been talking to a very pretty human lady, she is real. We have FaceTimed. This morning she sent me a bunch of photos and she wears clothes that I.am not particularly fond of. It won't necessarily stop the meet from happening, but it did make me wonder if others have not met due to this reason?

Be honest, fess up! "

How someone presents themselves can have an effect on how we perceive them and clothes play a big part in that. It’s part of the process of judging if that person is attractive to you.

I think that's fair enough to be honest. You see a bit of peoples' personality in their dress sense.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

On Fab, no. In the real world, definitely.

Some are put off by mine. They lack imagination

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes I am hugely influenced by what a person wears. It tells you a great deal about them.

If a guy turned up to meet us in track suit trousers, trainers and a tee shirt it's fair to say that after a social drink we wouldn't be meeting again.

Of course in a social situation it wouldn't stop me being friends with him.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes definitely.

Na rags is rags

Manchester (she/her)

... I should add to my comment, people are welcome to like what they like. But the comments I get are basically along the lines of, my skirt is too long, I can't possibly be up for it, church is over there.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"... I should add to my comment, people are welcome to like what they like. But the comments I get are basically along the lines of, my skirt is too long, I can't possibly be up for it, church is over there."

Do they expect you to turn up in a micro mini?

It may be shallow but yes. Scruffy isn't sexy and it's disrespectful to turn up to a meet in trackie bottoms and a Teeshirt. But if she just has a quirky dress sense then it wouldn't put me off. I like quirky but defo not scruffy.

Manchester (she/her)

"... I should add to my comment, people are welcome to like what they like. But the comments I get are basically along the lines of, my skirt is too long, I can't possibly be up for it, church is over there.

"

Basically, yeah.

Like I get it, my skirts hit my knee, my necklines are usually high, I don't exactly look like I'm gagging for it. But bloody hell, that makes the change more exciting, I've been told. And being told that I'm in the wrong place, filthy swingers are here... Oh, gee, I thought this was the WI, my apologies

"... I should add to my comment, people are welcome to like what they like. But the comments I get are basically along the lines of, my skirt is too long, I can't possibly be up for it, church is over there.

Basically, yeah.

Like I get it, my skirts hit my knee, my necklines are usually high, I don't exactly look like I'm gagging for it. But bloody hell, that makes the change more exciting, I've been told. And being told that I'm in the wrong place, filthy swingers are here... Oh, gee, I thought this was the WI, my apologies "

Is that not just a respectful dress sense? Why would you even take offence from anything negative??? I wish my women would dress in a respectful manner. It's very attractive.

"

I think some guys do expect us girls to turn up in low cut tops, stocking and suspenders etc. I always make it very clear that a social meet is like any vanilla meet, I will most likely be wearing jeans and boots, and no I won't be turning up looking like a sex worker. If it doesn't go down well, I don't meet.

London

Basically, yeah.

Like I get it, my skirts hit my knee, my necklines are usually high, I don't exactly look like I'm gagging for it. But bloody hell, that makes the change more exciting, I've been told. And being told that I'm in the wrong place, filthy swingers are here... Oh, gee, I thought this was the WI, my apologies

Is that not just a respectful dress sense? Why would you even take offence from anything negative??? I wish my women would dress in a respectful manner. It's very attractive."

Welcome to the 1950’s

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Basically, yeah.

Is that not just a respectful dress sense? Why would you even take offence from anything negative??? I wish my women would dress in a respectful manner. It's very attractive."

Respectful dress sense is clean and appropriate to the occasion.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Basically, yeah.

Like I get it, my skirts hit my knee, my necklines are usually high, I don't exactly look like I'm gagging for it. But bloody hell, that makes the change more exciting, I've been told. And being told that I'm in the wrong place, filthy swingers are here... Oh, gee, I thought this was the WI, my apologies "

It's down to expectations I suppose.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think some guys do expect us girls to turn up in low cut tops, stocking and suspenders etc. I always make it very clear that a social meet is like any vanilla meet, I will most likely be wearing jeans and boots, and no I won't be turning up looking like a sex worker. If it doesn't go down well, I don't meet. "

I only dress like a sex worker at home, its a lot of fun .

Dress sense and style are very important to me, if you’re meeting in a bar etc then I want to have that feeling of the excitement of unwrapping them later. I do tend to find most of the profiles I’m attracted to on here show the man fully clothed. Love leaving some things to the imagination.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Very much so, clothing attire says alot about a person

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

Better hope she doesn't see this..

Not really looking at a person's clothes if I'm honest.. If we get on and I'm attracted to them it's not something I've ever considered.

As someone above said, only my own.

I once went to meet a blind date years ago and left the house in this cardigan I had bought that I thought looked cool. I got into town close to where we were to meet and caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window and ended up cancelling the date. I was gonna take it off and tie it round my waist but I thought I'd look like a bellend. I should have just threw the cardigan away and went on the date because I never wore it again anyway. I explained to the girl I was meant to meet what had happened when we finally did meet and she laughed and was cool about it.

"Better hope she doesn't see this..

Not really looking at a person's clothes if I'm honest.. If we get on and I'm attracted to them it's not something I've ever considered. "

I'm going to hell, I know this already

"As someone above said, only my own.

I once went to meet a blind date years ago and left the house in this cardigan I had bought that I thought looked cool. I got into town close to where we were to meet and caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window and ended up cancelling the date. I was gonna take it off and tie it round my waist but I thought I'd look like a bellend. I should have just threw the cardigan away and went on the date because I never wore it again anyway. I explained to the girl I was meant to meet what had happened when we finally did meet and she laughed and was cool about it."

surprised she met you again.

Yes..big time!

A little effort and situational awareness goes a long way.

Dress for the occasion and feel confident.

"As someone above said, only my own.

I once went to meet a blind date years ago and left the house in this cardigan I had bought that I thought looked cool. I got into town close to where we were to meet and caught a glimpse of myself in a shop window and ended up cancelling the date. I was gonna take it off and tie it round my waist but I thought I'd look like a bellend. I should have just threw the cardigan away and went on the date because I never wore it again anyway. I explained to the girl I was meant to meet what had happened when we finally did meet and she laughed and was cool about it.

surprised she met you again."

As was I but my cousin set it up and she talked the girl around for me to get a second chance. I have been stood up once since then and know that it's a shitty feeling so now when I make plans I keep them, no matter what I'm wearing

By *yvanwy black wild childTV/TS  over a year ago

Haddenham

"So I have been talking to a very pretty human lady, she is real. We have FaceTimed. This morning she sent me a bunch of photos and she wears clothes that I.am not particularly fond of. It won't necessarily stop the meet from happening, but it did make me wonder if others have not met due to this reason?

Be honest, fess up! "

I never judges a book by its cover it's not the clothes that make the person it's the person under them that counts my style scares but those who take time to know me know it's only a shield

Manchester (she/her)

Sorry! I didn't mean to imply that anyone else is wrong for how they dress. And I don't think my way of dressing is better or worse than anyone else's (or that skirt length implies anything about the person wearing the skirt). It's just mine, which isn't unclear given my profile. Nothing wrong with short skirts, or most ways of being clean and neat.

It's just not my aesthetic, and it drives me mad when people criticise mine for not being slutty enough. (messages about my dress/ skirt changed dramatically after my first picture went up, from bending me over to fuck me in it, to ripping the stupid thing off!)

Basically, yeah.

A respectful manner??

Blimey.

No. I'm not a slave to fashion myself

That's a level of superficial I can't even comprehend lol

Basically, yeah.

Is that not just a respectful dress sense? Why would you even take offence from anything negative??? I wish my women would dress in a respectful manner. It's very attractive.

A respectful manner??

Blimey. "

We all have preferences right. That's what makes the world a beautiful place

Manchester (she/her)

Basically, yeah.

A respectful manner??

Blimey. "

I don't think knees or thighs are disrespectful.

Manchester (she/her)

I hope respectful is not what you meant, OP.

Unless they're dirty clothes or something weird like a dress of raw meat, I don't really care what the other person wears to be honest

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

"Yes I am hugely influenced by what a person wears. It tells you a great deal about them.

If a guy turned up to meet us in track suit trousers, trainers and a tee shirt it's fair to say that after a social drink we wouldn't be meeting again.

Of course in a social situation it wouldn't stop me being friends with him."

This

Once travelled 1.5 hours to meet someone in Waterford City for coffee, who turned up looking like this. I'd dressed up and felt completely let down. To top it all off he hadn't planned where to go for coffee and I ended up walking around on cobbles in high heels for ages while he dithered about. I eventually had to take control of the situation and tell him where we were going and then order for him as he started dithering over the menu.... I felt like his mum ffs..! It was such a shame as we had been chatting online for months and really clicked while chatting and texting, but that just killed it, and it was horribly awkward having to explain to him why I didn't want to take things any further. Instant friendzone.

"I hope respectful is not what you meant, OP. "

Bore off with your negativity.

I genuinly think it's nice that someone can dress fully covered in this vanity driven society. Ook at my post/profile picture, even i am a victim of vanity. This post was made for insight and in jhest. Finding problems with it or other people's comments is the reason this place is so negative.

Nah, I like clothing.

I like it when some one has a quirky dress sense.

Depends on what they're wearing, clothes are usually an extension of their personality but as they say - you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Plenty of profiles state that they're one personality in public and a totally different one in private.

I dress for myself unless I’m out on the town then I dress to look better than other women!

Manchester (she/her)

"I hope respectful is not what you meant, OP.

I genuinly think it's nice that someone can dress fully covered in this vanity driven society. Ook at my post/profile picture, even i am a victim of vanity. This post was made for insight and in jhest. Finding problems with it or other people's comments is the reason this place is so negative.

"

I think judging other people by the length of their skirts is much more negative than thinking that there's a wide spectrum of ways to dress which should be celebrated.

There not usually wearing much 10 mins after meeting them anyway

"

I think judging other people by the length of their skirts is much more negative than thinking that there's a wide spectrum of ways to dress which should be celebrated. "

Yep, nobody said anything about there being a problem with a skirt apart from you. Dress how you want. I'm sure we will all fully support it. But for now, please Just take your negative-ass-self-outa-here

But mean comment aside, I genuinely do hope you have a nice day x

"There not usually wearing much 10 mins after meeting them anyway "

teach me please

"I think that's fair enough to be honest. You see a bit of peoples' personality in their dress sense. "

What if they are naked

"I think that's fair enough to be honest. You see a bit of peoples' personality in their dress sense.

What if they are naked "

Must have already decided I liked their personality a bit by then

London

I think judging other people by the length of their skirts is much more negative than thinking that there's a wide spectrum of ways to dress which should be celebrated.

Yep, nobody said anything about there being a problem with a skirt apart from you. Dress how you want. I'm sure we will all fully support it. But for now, please Just take your negative-ass-self-outa-here

But mean comment aside, I genuinely do hope you have a nice day x"

There’s a name for what you did there and it’s not pretty.

There’s a name for what you did there and it’s not pretty. "

Can't we all just get along

As long as they were clean and didn't smell I wouldn't care

Nope. They're coming off anyway

C

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

As I've told meets when they've asked what I'd like them to wear in the past, it's them I'm meeting not their clothes, so whatever they are comfortable with is fine by me.

There's a huge difference though between someone's fashion or style, and how they present themselves for a given situation, and the latter may well give me pause for thought about taking things further e.g. if someone turned up looking particularly dirty/scruffy and had obviously made no effort, or if we were going to a particular place that required a certain level of dress but they'd not bothered.

Someone having a quirky or different style to mine though wouldn't bother me one bit.

"As I've told meets when they've asked what I'd like them to wear in the past, it's them I'm meeting not their clothes, so whatever they are comfortable with is fine by me.

There's a huge difference though between someone's fashion or style, and how they present themselves for a given situation, and the latter may well give me pause for thought about taking things further e.g. if someone turned up looking particularly dirty/scruffy and had obviously made no effort, or if we were going to a particular place that required a certain level of dress but they'd not bothered.

Someone having a quirky or different style to mine though wouldn't bother me one bit."

This

C

Chester

"As I've told meets when they've asked what I'd like them to wear in the past, it's them I'm meeting not their clothes, so whatever they are comfortable with is fine by me.

Someone having a quirky or different style to mine though wouldn't bother me one bit.

This

C"

Even woolly jumpers on scorchio hot days

"There not usually wearing much 10 mins after meeting them anyway

teach me please "

I cannot im a crap teacher iv tried

Football tops don't appeal to me if we're meeting one to one.

Or tracksuit and trainers, if we're meeting for a drink. I think , once you hit 25, tracksuits should be for when you're playing sport only, and I don't like baseball or snapback caps.

I wouldn't be surprised if my dress sense has put people off though-I don't dress to impress or titilate.

Manchester (she/her)

There’s a name for what you did there and it’s not pretty. "

Quite.

I'll get along when others do.

London

There’s a name for what you did there and it’s not pretty.

Can't we all just get along "

Yep, when you stop being rude and insulting.

This

C

Even woolly jumpers on scorchio hot days "

well I didn't feel much better in my leather dress, so yeah we are definitely quirky

K

Chester

This

C

well I didn't feel much better in my leather dress, so yeah we are definitely quirky

K"

Ha Ha - funny that was xx

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

If I arranged to meet someone and they rocked up wearing one of those fleeces with wolves or puppies on and a pair of saggy leggings or joggers I'd make like a human swastika in the opposite direction

This

C

K

Ha Ha - funny that was xx"

Less is definitely more for next time

C

Chester

This

C

K

Ha Ha - funny that was xx

Less is definitely more for next time

C"

Definately xx

Their style doesn't so much influence me, I'm not impressed by designer clothing. As long as their clothes are clean that's all that really matters to me.

If it was a FaceTime or something similar I'm well aware they may be in their scruffs while taking a break from housework or something similar, so that wouldn't really bother me at all.

P

Quite alot of recent fashions can put me off people tbh... Mens especially, clothing wise

Only if they're frumpy. I don't want to feel like I'm hanging out with my Dad.

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Basically, yeah.

A respectful manner??

Blimey. "

l think he means full undergarments including chain mail knickers and nipple tassels

Be honest, fess up! "

Hairy legs in hosiery

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"... I should add to my comment, people are welcome to like what they like. But the comments I get are basically along the lines of, my skirt is too long, I can't possibly be up for it, church is over there."

How rude! I'd be more put off by someone feeling the need to critique what I'm wearing, than by their choice of outfit!

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

I nearly didn't meet my most regular meet because of a jumper!

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Yes I am hugely influenced by what a person wears. It tells you a great deal about them.

Of course in a social situation it wouldn't stop me being friends with him."

*noted.

By *anana JoeMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Yep!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Yeah, I don't actually want to feel the way I do about people's clothes, but sometimes I just can't help myself being put off. It is particularly footwear that seems to be what I find most off putting.

I like clean well-presented polished shoes or boots, mucky trainers or sandals on men just really put me off.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I had the piss taken out of me at a forum social because I wore a onesie.

The bastards.

A

*and i'm never wearing the lime green mankini again........

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Also I feel people should make an effort especially when they go to a club, so guys in work clothes or dirty jeans and stained T-shirts, I really can't understand how people can show up like that sometimes.

So yes, I certainly am put off by clothes , or on the contrary attracted to people who do make an effort. A man in a smart suit, or coloured shirt and trousers, looks great, and with a waistcoat extra lush.

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

Honestly, yes. I'm put off by very extreme fashions and by people who don't make an effort. I put a lot of effort into how I look and appreciate the same.

Mrs

I like to make the effort when meeting.

I dress like a geography teacher though.

Yes, really fancied a girl at work years ago but she always looked like she'd been dressed by an over protective nan! Shallow I know but just couldn't break that barrier

I love a slightly off the wall fashion sense, it can mean an interesting mind.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

"Honestly, yes. I'm put off by very extreme fashions and by people who don't make an effort. I put a lot of effort into how I look and appreciate the same.

Mrs"

"I like to make the effort when meeting.

I dress like a geography teacher though."

Who doesnt love a geography teacher

"I like to make the effort when meeting.

I dress like a geography teacher though.

Who doesnt love a geography teacher "

I like your thinking

» Add a new message to this topic