FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocked

Blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My big frustration is being blocked for a reason I know not ..if reason I like to know and learn from it

I'm polite guy respectful ( rare I know lol )

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

people block for various reasons, i wouldn’t stress over it personally.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Blocked..

"Blocked..

"

lol

By *rsTrellisWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Some people block if they’re certain they aren’t interested in meeting you, so you won’t accidentally contact each other again.

Some block if you live too close.

Or if you’re into something they aren’t.

Every time there’s a blocked thread I always have to go through the list to see if they’ve blocked me

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It doesn’t matter. Sometimes it turns out to be a blessing and you think ‘phew! Escape’

By *ndyfrost1977Man  over a year ago

bedworth

Don’t waste your energy worrying about it

They blocked you for some reason but that was there choice at the end of the day dude.

Understand you feel you want to explain yourself and prove them wrong buddie.

Unfortunately there are some absolute bell ends out there dude.

Don’t stress over the twats simple ????

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Every time there’s a blocked thread I always have to go through the list to see if they’ve blocked me "

Ah. This bitch. She’s deffo blocked

Yolo x

"Every time there’s a blocked thread I always have to go through the list to see if they’ve blocked me

Ah. This bitch. She’s deffo blocked "

lol lol

"My big frustration is being blocked for a reason I know not ..if reason I like to know and learn from it

"

Are you uniquely rare?

"It doesn’t matter. Sometimes it turns out to be a blessing and you think ‘phew! Escape’ "

It’s certainly true of those I’ve noticed have blocked me, there’s literally not one that I’d ever want to spend any time with whatsoever so it’s a definitely a blessing isn’t it?

I won't lose sleep over being blocked. Sod em

Every boxing day I let my block list free ... by new year, there are the same seven guys blocked again! Being blocked on here is no different to people not liking or speaking to you in real life ... we can't get on with or be liked by everyone

I love being blocked saves me doing it

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

Two words: inbox management. If someone is not interested in someone else, they will often block them so both parties do not waste their own time in the future. I struggle to understand what is so wrong with that.

"Every boxing day I let my block list free ... by new year, there are the same seven guys blocked again! Being blocked on here is no different to people not liking or speaking to you in real life ... we can't get on with or be liked by everyone "

I’d never get bored of looking at your boobs. Ok, back to the thread.

"Every time there’s a blocked thread I always have to go through the list to see if they’ve blocked me

Ah. This bitch. She’s deffo blocked "

Haha

"Every boxing day I let my block list free ... by new year, there are the same seven guys blocked again! Being blocked on here is no different to people not liking or speaking to you in real life ... we can't get on with or be liked by everyone

I’d never get bored of looking at your boobs. Ok, back to the thread. "

Lol ...

If someone is not interested perhaps they just block why waste time some guys are abusive on here when a polite no is given look at the bigger picture and have a thicker skin Mayb

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Why worry about those that obviously don't want to meet you OP? It's better to be positive and focus on those that potentially will surely?

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"If someone is not interested perhaps they just block why waste time some guys are abusive on here when a polite no is given look at the bigger picture and have a thicker skin Mayb "

Blocked

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

It’ll be filters I get it all the time, it’s frustrating especially in forums

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"My big frustration is being blocked for a reason I know not ..if reason I like to know and learn from it

"

Don't take it personally OP.

You maybe nice, polite & respectful, but you may not be what someone is looking for.

I block people for lots of reasons, not just the ones who send, idiotic FAF messages.

Doesn't mean alot have done anything wrong, often it's because they're local to me, and I may actually know them or have rlf friends in common, they don't match my preferences, have maviewed my profile multiple times, which in my experience means I'll get a message shortly, and I'm saving us both wasting our time.

They maybe the nicest of people but I just don't want to interact with them

You'll never know, because you can't message them to ask . It's not worth getting in a tizzy over lovely. Most have had a block. It's the joys of fab

"

You know how SJW crew go about hunting years past tweets to stop someone from getting a sweet gig.

Yeah some people on here take jokes as gospel and would block you but not Jimmy carr

I once got blocked for not liking the same flavour of monster munch . Scandalous.

"I once got blocked for not liking the same flavour of monster munch . Scandalous."

There's more than one

"I once got blocked for not liking the same flavour of monster munch . Scandalous."

What flavour do you like? This could be a deal breaker here *hand hovering over the block button*.....

"I once got blocked for not liking the same flavour of monster munch . Scandalous.

There's more than one "

Mate I know. Head. Frazzled .

When I find I'm blocked my immediate reaction is have I upset them in some way, I don't stress over it though

"I once got blocked for not liking the same flavour of monster munch . Scandalous.

What flavour do you like? This could be a deal breaker here *hand hovering over the block button*..... "

Yellow ones. Block away

What flavour do you like? This could be a deal breaker here *hand hovering over the block button*.....

Yellow ones. Block away "

Oooh Roast Beef! You're safe

Yellow ones. Block away

Oooh Roast Beef! You're safe "

Phewwwwwwww

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"people block for various reasons, i wouldn’t stress over it personally."

I block Scousers cos I can't understand a bloody bloody word they say

Block function and private notes are only tools to be used, don't sweat it. Unless you like pickled onion monster munch.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

" "

Alright Jimmy, calm down calm down

*said in stereotypical but true Scouse accent....

bedworth

Look at it this way buddie.

If they’ve blocked you it’s there loss and some one else’s gain and put your energy into that instead of wasting it on the other twats matey

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Look at it this way buddie.

If they’ve blocked you it’s there loss and some one else’s gain and put your energy into that instead of wasting it on the other twats matey "

Why is it their loss? It was their choice to block for whatever reason they saw fit. It's obviously a benefit to them not a loss.

OP there will always be a reason you find yourself blocked by someone. Generally you'll never find out. It doesn't change the situation and if the reason turned out to be something you couldn't change (height, age, location, dick size, sexuality, skin colour....you know.....personal preferences) then knowing wouldn't benefit you in any way.

People who proactively block aren't twats.

Those that feel entitled to know why others make a decision are though....

A

If they’ve blocked you it’s there loss and some one else’s gain and put your energy into that instead of wasting it on the other twats matey

Why is it their loss? It was their choice to block for whatever reason they saw fit. It's obviously a benefit to them not a loss.

OP there will always be a reason you find yourself blocked by someone. Generally you'll never find out. It doesn't change the situation and if the reason turned out to be something you couldn't change (height, age, location, dick size, sexuality, skin colour....you know.....personal preferences) then knowing wouldn't benefit you in any way.

A"

I agree. It's not their loss at all. I never understand why people say that haha.

A

I agree. It's not their loss at all. I never understand why people say that haha. "

oh it definatly is where im concened

A

I agree. It's not their loss at all. I never understand why people say that haha. oh it definatly is where im concened "

Keep telling yourself that

By *entish79Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Two words: inbox management. If someone is not interested in someone else, they will often block them so both parties do not waste their own time in the future. I struggle to understand what is so wrong with that."

Nothing wrong with it. But if I message someone a perfectly polite message, with a couple of face pics, and I’m verified.... and that alone is enough to get me blocked it seems a bit of an over reaction. Arrogant even, if there’s an assumption that I’m going to send more messages. That’s how it comes across anyway.

"Two words: inbox management. If someone is not interested in someone else, they will often block them so both parties do not waste their own time in the future. I struggle to understand what is so wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with it. But if I message someone a perfectly polite message, with a couple of face pics, and I’m verified.... and that alone is enough to get me blocked it seems a bit of an over reaction. Arrogant even, if there’s an assumption that I’m going to send more messages. That’s how it comes across anyway."

Out of curiosity, why does it come across as arrogant? Perhaps the user is used to people messaging over and over again. How are they to know that you won't be one of those types? They don't know you.

A

I agree. It's not their loss at all. I never understand why people say that haha. oh it definatly is where im concened

Keep telling yourself that "

i do u not been listening all these months

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I have no problems with people blocking me, that's their prerogative..

What I do not appreciate is people making arrangements to meet and not turning up and blocking you.. that I find is just very rude.

bedworth

A"

Was only saying that all

I always get blocked. Fuck it. I survive . I'm sure it's my lose

Glasgow

"Two words: inbox management. If someone is not interested in someone else, they will often block them so both parties do not waste their own time in the future. I struggle to understand what is so wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with it. But if I message someone a perfectly polite message, with a couple of face pics, and I’m verified.... and that alone is enough to get me blocked it seems a bit of an over reaction. Arrogant even, if there’s an assumption that I’m going to send more messages. That’s how it comes across anyway.

Out of curiosity, why does it come across as arrogant? Perhaps the user is used to people messaging over and over again. How are they to know that you won't be one of those types? They don't know you. "

No, to be fair this subject has cropped up on the forums a few times, and I guess I can kinda see the reasoning behind it. If it has been someone’s experience that they are often then bombarded by multiple further messages, then blocking everyone they’re not interested in becomes their default.

But my view would probably be that people get blocked after doing something unreasonable. So, taken in isolation, from my perspective, being blocked without having done anything remotely unreasonable *seems* like an overreaction. It comes across as arrogant because the perceived implication is that I’m going to then be a dick and bombard the person with further messages.

I do appreciate that women have to put up with a lot of shit on here though, and it’s largely down to men and women looking through opposite ends of the same telescope.

I get it a lot from younger people who bottle it.

Glasgow

Out of curiosity, why does it come across as arrogant? Perhaps the user is used to people messaging over and over again. How are they to know that you won't be one of those types? They don't know you. "

I meant to just add, I suppose I would have hoped that someone might get from the tone of any initial message I sent that I wouldn't be one of those types.

Although again, I’d concede that perhaps you can never tell.

By *bonynivoryCouple  over a year ago

market harborough

Out of curiosity, why does it come across as arrogant? Perhaps the user is used to people messaging over and over again. How are they to know that you won't be one of those types? They don't know you.

No, to be fair this subject has cropped up on the forums a few times, and I guess I can kinda see the reasoning behind it. If it has been someone’s experience that they are often then bombarded by multiple further messages, then blocking everyone they’re not interested in becomes their default.

But my view would probably be that people get blocked after doing something unreasonable. So, taken in isolation, from my perspective, being blocked without having done anything remotely unreasonable *seems* like an overreaction. It comes across as arrogant because the perceived implication is that I’m going to then be a dick and bombard the person with further messages.

I do appreciate that women have to put up with a lot of shit on here though, and it’s largely down to men and women looking through opposite ends of the same telescope."

So because you send a nice message with pics and are verified, it's arrogant if someone doesn't want to meet you and blocks you? It's a way of managing emails. You are coming across arrogant and entitled yourself.

Mrs

Why is blocking seen as a personal attack! It stops any repeat messaging in six months when you have forgotten about messaging previously, it also stops you both coming up in local news feeds, searches etc and preventing someone that they/you might actually be interested in being in the list instead. It isn't just to stop people you dislike from contacting you, it is a very practical tool. Unfortunately some people aren't grown up enough to see things from more than one perspective , it seems.

I didn.t start thread to be blocked

It is more clear and understand alot of varied angles

Thank you all

"

So why does it bother you? Because you can't look st the pretty pictures.

People block for just about all reasons

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Why is blocking seen as a personal attack! It stops any repeat messaging in six months when you have forgotten about messaging previously, it also stops you both coming up in local news feeds, searches etc and preventing someone that they/you might actually be interested in being in the list instead. It isn't just to stop people you dislike from contacting you, it is a very practical tool. Unfortunately some people aren't grown up enough to see things from more than one perspective , it seems. "

Exactly. It's just another filter.

A

I had someone message me when I first joined asking to meet, when I messaged back suggesting a day they blocked me. I know this happens a lot with time wasters but that was a genuine verified profile Nevermind, their loss LOL

If they’ve blocked you it’s there loss and some one else’s gain and put your energy into that instead of wasting it on the other twats matey "

So anybody that blocks you is a twat, interesting viewpoint. Personally I don't feel blocking you would be any loss to me at all.

Don't sweat the small stuff sugar

Glasgow

I do appreciate that women have to put up with a lot of shit on here though, and it’s largely down to men and women looking through opposite ends of the same telescope.

So because you send a nice message with pics and are verified, it's arrogant if someone doesn't want to meet you and blocks you? It's a way of managing emails. You are coming across arrogant and entitled yourself.

Mrs"

You are putting words in my mouth that I haven’t said!

I have no issue whatsoever if someone doesn’t want to meet me, and have said nothing to suggest otherwise.

I have no issue whatsoever with messages going unread or unanswered, and have said nothing to suggest otherwise.

All I have said is that it can *seem* like an overreaction to be blocked without having actually done anything remotely unreasonable.

And all the while taking the time to concede that I can appreciate the woman’s perspective.

How is that arrogant?

We prefer people to block us if we are not what they are looking for . With so many profiles on here we may not remember we have looked

"

"

I'm yet to read a forum post where a guy claims to be impolite or disrespectful.

I really wouldn’t worry, I’ve found myself blocked a few times. I just smile to myself, tell myself im better than the person that’s blocked me and I go about my day

"I didn.t start thread to be blocked

It is more clear and understand alot of varied angles

Thank you all"

Why do you think you were blocked because of this thread?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I block people for the following reasons:

They're never going to be what I'm looking for

They send me disgusting or very explicit first messages

They send me abuse or repeatedly pester me

They send me three or more first messages which show they haven't read my profile

Bad experiences after meeting them

I know them in real life

They have fake pictures or are asking for/ offering money

Looking for drugs

Bigoted stuff on statuses or profiles

Looking for bareback or bareback pictures (except couple profiles)

Glasgow

"You are coming across arrogant and entitled yourself.

Mrs"

I meant to say.... what is it you think I feel entitled to exactly?

I wonder if the guy that messaged us this morning complaining that we hadn't yet read the message he'd sent ten minutes previously is wondering why he's now blocked?

Usually we block if we're not interested, saves everyone from wasting any more time.

Manchester (she/her)

I think the norms here take some getting used to, and it can feel a bit abrupt, rude, like a meat market. I can see being a bit put off or offended if someone blocks you. (I've felt that way myself sometimes)

I can also see guys feeling really put out, say, that they send me well wishes or ask me a question in a way that would work in a pub ("how are you, how are you finding Fab?") and getting an instant delete.

Things do just work differently here, and I appreciate that it can be hard for everyone.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

And sometimes people block because Slap isn't an option

Manchester (she/her)

"And sometimes people block because Slap isn't an option "

Ha, definitely. Only so much eye roll I want to do.

» Add a new message to this topic