FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Making your own Alcohol

Making your own Alcohol

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Used to make cider and lager years ago and thinking of trying wine and maybe spirits. Anyone else into this, any advice would be grateful

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I make my own gin.

Been making Sloe since I was a kid - well, I used to help my Nana make hers, than carried on when I grew up.

started with other fruits & flavours a few years ago.

I may have a wee nip of cherry bakewell one later x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I try and make my own beer. IPA eapecially

"I make my own gin.

Been making Sloe since I was a kid - well, I used to help my Nana make hers, than carried on when I grew up.

I may have a wee nip of cherry bakewell one later x"

Is it a hard process?

By *utsidenakedMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

Van make ya own spirits, don't need a still just a freezer

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Van make ya own spirits, don't need a still just a freezer "

Of course distillation and freezing are both illegal xxx

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Made my first ever batch of cider two months ago, from my very own apple trees Xmas Day is going to be the first time we taste it, after our big family dinner. Fingers crossed it's not turned to vinegar!

I used to make loads of beer, was good fun.

The two main lessons I learned were to follow the recipe (don't just add more sugar to get more booze) and patience! It's hard not to drink it all before it's at its best, which is a shame.

"I make my own gin.

Wow!! Where do you keep the still? Always wondered this ... would love to make it but it's such a volatile process! I have a brick garden shed but how far from the house does it need to be in case of emergencies?

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Is it legal to make your own spirits ?

"Is it legal to make your own spirits ? "
No idea any info is good info for us total novices

"Used to make cider and lager years ago and thinking of trying wine and maybe spirits. Anyone else into this, any advice would be grateful "

Have a search for stillsmart it's a uK forum, largely dead but there's tons on relevant info on there for making spirits

Sloe gin is straight forward to make.Gin.sloes.sugar.

"Used to make cider and lager years ago and thinking of trying wine and maybe spirits. Anyone else into this, any advice would be grateful

Have a search for stillsmart it's a uK forum, largely dead but there's tons on relevant info on there for making spirits "

Thanks Chrissy will do

By *aurimauriMan  over a year ago

minster Ramsgate

"Used to make cider and lager years ago and thinking of trying wine and maybe spirits. Anyone else into this, any advice would be grateful "

Start with a wine kit, best way to start and as long as you follow the instructions and keep everything clean, you can't fail. I use beaverdale, worked every time. Do a 6 bottle kit first, buy 2 plastic demijohns, keeps the price down.

I've got a lovely elderflower wine, it's been in the bottle 2 yrs and just coming up a really good wine. Summer 19 should be fun.

Its call really straight forward, but leave it in the bottle for a bit, improves greatly and keep a bottle or 2 for a year or so, I'll be impressed

By *aurimauriMan  over a year ago

minster Ramsgate

"Made my first ever batch of cider two months ago, from my very own apple trees Xmas Day is going to be the first time we taste it, after our big family dinner. Fingers crossed it's not turned to vinegar! "

Just my take. I made a load of cider 1 year, once fermented, we left it in the same barrels for about 8/9 months. Racked it into clean barrels then d*unk it. It was quite good stuff, very moreish.

I'd give it a little longer then 2 months, wait till early summer if you can

"Used to make cider and lager years ago and thinking of trying wine and maybe spirits. Anyone else into this, any advice would be grateful

Start with a wine kit, best way to start and as long as you follow the instructions and keep everything clean, you can't fail. I use beaverdale, worked every time. Do a 6 bottle kit first, buy 2 plastic demijohns, keeps the price down.

I've got a lovely elderflower wine, it's been in the bottle 2 yrs and just coming up a really good wine. Summer 19 should be fun.

Its call really straight forward, but leave it in the bottle for a bit, improves greatly and keep a bottle or 2 for a year or so, I'll be impressed

"

Thank you that's very helpful

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

We used to make it all too, just not got time any longer

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

I have dabbled in all sorts of homebrewimg but recently have mainly made melomels, which are fruit flavoured meads. The strawberry version is the most popular but neither tastes of strawberries or honey, possibly as I brew it relatively dry.

i see these home brew shops on trading estates.

years ago use to get stuff from boots.

Penrith

"Made my first ever batch of cider two months ago, from my very own apple trees Xmas Day is going to be the first time we taste it, after our big family dinner. Fingers crossed it's not turned to vinegar!

Just my take. I made a load of cider 1 year, once fermented, we left it in the same barrels for about 8/9 months. Racked it into clean barrels then d*unk it. It was quite good stuff, very moreish.

I'd give it a little longer then 2 months, wait till early summer if you can"

I'm going to have to open one bottle at least, the suspense is killing me lol! I can see the sediment has formed at the bottom of the bottles, so it should be pretty clear (they are brown plastic bottles)

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Homemade sloe gin is the best.

Pick them in September and it’s ready for Christmas.

Cheers!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ma Dad was a dab hand at this, we used to go picking any kinds of berries and leaves out in country lanes and he would make a quite potent wine out of it. I suppose it was handed down through the generations, before carbon monoxide poisoning took it's toll and you could buy cheap fix kits from Wilkos or wherever

i used to help dad brew wines, beers and liquors since i was small and i continued to brew ever since .... last week i racked off 400 bottles of wine into carboys ... i haven't brewed any ales for christmas though .... the best advice i can give is to be thorough with your cleaning and steralising

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

"I make my own gin.

I can *hiccup definitely recommend *hiccup her fruit flavoured *hiccup gin

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"i used to help dad brew wines, beers and liquors since i was small and i continued to brew ever since .... last week i racked off 400 bottles of wine into carboys ... i haven't brewed any ales for christmas though .... the best advice i can give is to be thorough with your cleaning and steralising "

Yes, to have the best results, you have to be meticulous with the entire cleansing process

Strangely enough you need a licence to produce spirits - even for your own consumption. I looked in to making my own schnapps a few years ago and found out when looking at buying a still.

By *nnejohnCouple  over a year ago

warrington

distilling booze is not only illegal, but really dangerous unless you know the chemistry of what you're making

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Heard good things about wilko wine kits

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I keep wanting to start making my own, just never get round to it.

Growing up my parents made beer and wine.

By *ame-room-no-swapCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

"Van make ya own spirits, don't need a still just a freezer "

Compared to using a still , freeze distilling makes dreadful spirits, as it effectively concentrates the methanol and other unwanted light fractions.

A still allows these lighter fractions ( foreshots ) to be discarded.

All of course illegal.

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"Is it legal to make your own spirits ? No idea any info is good info for us total novices "

Avoid spirit get that wrong be last label you read

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Going to be watching this thread as I'm interested in wine making.

make me few i’ll drink it all lol

My parents made a batch of wine the year I was born, they gave it to me on my 21st birthday.

They always had two barrels of beer on the go at any time.

Taunton

"distilling booze is not only illegal, but really dangerous unless you know the chemistry of what you're making"

Very true, although a friend told me there are some very helpful websites. I've not seen them personally, but I was told a search for something like 'homedistiller' would help.

Used to make my own baileys.

Yum!!

By *pikeyMan  over a year ago

chester

Home brew wine I've been making this for a while now, it works out so much cheaper than buying the equivalent in the shops. The hangovers are not as bad either, less chemicals in it too. All it takes is a little bit of time and patience and follow the simple instruction on the packet

Taunton

Very much so lol

I brew my own, very successful craft lager. I also brew my own ale.

I have also started distilling my own gin. The first one was a London Dry. The second a mint and chilli flavoured.

No totally illegal but eBay has some interesting stills for sale.

By *riskynriskyCouple  over a year ago

Essex.

In the UK, an unlawful distillation of alcohol in home is not considered as a criminal offense. It is purely a civil matter. Distilling of alcohol for own consumption or for fuel is legal in England so long as the person who carries out the distillation holds a valid Rectifier’s license. While applying for the license one has to provide drawings of his still, details such as the place where the still is used and the products that are to be produced. One should also maintain a record of quantity produced and ingredients used for distillation.

According to the distillation laws in the UK, home-brewing of beer and wine for domestic consumption is legal in the UK. There is no quantity restriction also. Those who want to produce alcoholic beverages for sale are required to get registered with HM Revenue and Customs and also they should pay the alcohol duty. In England, it is illegal to manufacture spirit without obtaining the distiller’s license. The license is issued under section 12 of the Alcohol Liquor Duties Act of 1979. Those who distil alcohol without the license and are caught by the authorities have to pay the duty on the alcohol that is present in the spirit that they make and a penalty of either £ 250 or 5% of the duty amount whichever is more.

Just a short piece I copied on distilling in the UK.

The licensing prosess is long and expensive.

Further more the slightest mistake in distilling alcohol can lead to permanent blindness or death...

Lots of talk about the dangers of distilling. When sugar is converted by yeast into alcohol there are by products of which two of them are methanol and acetone. Fortunately these two both have a lower evaporating temperatures than the ethanol we're after so they are the very first things to start dripping out of the condenser of a still. So for a 25 litre wash (fermented sugary solution) if you discard the first 100ml (foreshots) and use it as window cleaner the remaining distillate will be safe,the skill thereafter is in the separating distillate into the heads hearts and tails and blending them into something of a high quality, higher quality that you can buy over the counter in the supermarket.

"Lots of talk about the dangers of distilling. When sugar is converted by yeast into alcohol there are by products of which two of them are methanol and acetone. Fortunately these two both have a lower evaporating temperatures than the ethanol we're after so they are the very first things to start dripping out of the condenser of a still. So for a 25 litre wash (fermented sugary solution) if you discard the first 100ml (foreshots) and use it as window cleaner the remaining distillate will be safe,the skill thereafter is in the separating distillate into the heads hearts and tails and blending them into something of a high quality, higher quality that you can buy over the counter in the supermarket. "
I have visions of Mark blowing our shed to kingdom come

I could talk about this shit all day long.

I can and do, make everything. Beer, wine and hypertheticaly know the fundamentals to moonshine. Whiskey being of interest at the moment, and many many more. .

"I have visions of Mark blowing our shed to kingdom come "

Pressure cooker conversions gave rise to this fear. With a good still and a proper setup, there’s little risk. And it’s a relaxing hobby.

Also, distilling alcohol to spirit % is ilegal, but it’s the same concept for ‘better water’ or vinegars etc.

I think were going to stick to wine and beers, being novices Making spirits sounds more and more like a lot of trouble and quite dangerous if you don't know what your doing. And to all those who know Mark if something can go wrong, it will

" I have visions of Mark blowing our shed to kingdom come "

Well it would be a bang to remember!!

It's an open system so there is no pressure build up, just a pan full of weak alcoholic liquid and an open pipe through to the outlet. Plenty of info out there, look at some youtube videos on the T500 to see how easy it can be

" I have visions of Mark blowing our shed to kingdom come

Well it would be a bang to remember!!

It's an open system so there is no pressure build up, just a pan full of weak alcoholic liquid and an open pipe through to the outlet. Plenty of info out there, look at some youtube videos on the T500 to see how easy it can be"

There’s also an ‘airstill’ for anyone whose afraid of the ‘explosion thing’.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I make my own gin.

And its really yummy!!

My old man has been making good home brew beer (IPA and fruit beers) from scratch for years. He's even got a couple of pumps heads, barrels and a flash cooler from pubs that were refitted

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Me and my dad have 17 gallons apple wine to go at, lovely stuff

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Just ordered a book from amazon

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Back in the day I knew someone who made wine from actual fruit (ie blackberries) and that was good stuff.

Friends of mine make wine from a kit. I think it's horrible stuff. Must be around 18 per cent alcohol,and tastes like nail varnish remover.

They've both " become accustomed" to the taste and because they've got bottles and bottles of the stuff, they're drinking more than they ever used to, which is concerning.

I'd rather buy one bottle of decent wine, than drink theirs.

Not sure if all kit wine is like that but if it is, I'd avoid it.

"Back in the day I knew someone who made wine from actual fruit (ie blackberries) and that was good stuff.

Friends of mine make wine from a kit. I think it's horrible stuff. Must be around 18 per cent alcohol,and tastes like nail varnish remover.

They've both " become accustomed" to the taste and because they've got bottles and bottles of the stuff, they're drinking more than they ever used to, which is concerning.

"

There lies the fault with most people homebrew, too much sugar to start to get more alcohol and it becomes harsh as hell. It takes a special wine to carry off anything above 12-13%abv most would be far better at 11% if you ask me.

Blackberry wine is lovely, almost like an exceptional shiraz, we make it every year, currently have 120 bottles in the garage

"Back in the day I knew someone who made wine from actual fruit (ie blackberries) and that was good stuff.

"

over feeding with sugar .... best aim for 12-13% alcohol max ... it affects the flavour if you get over excited with the sugar. a hydrometer is your greatest ally when brewing

Ive been making wine on and off for the past few years. I'm just in the process of bottling up 25L of strawberry wine.

No prizes for guessing what people are getting for Christmas

the freezing wine thing that is being mentioned will only net you a liquid of about 28% max .... if you brew a fairly nuetral tasting wine out of say rice or spuds, allow to stand for a few months to lose the yeast taste. then freeze it and add liqueur flavourings that are readily bought from home brew shops or online and some sugar syrup. you can use shop bought vodka or other clear spirit instead if you like.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've just bought a Muntons strawberry wine 6 bottle kit with all the equipment needed to make it, should be arriving in a few days. Seems to be fairly simple by the looks of things.

Taunton

"Lots of talk about the dangers of distilling. When sugar is converted by yeast into alcohol there are by products of which two of them are methanol and acetone. Fortunately these two both have a lower evaporating temperatures than the ethanol we're after so they are the very first things to start dripping out of the condenser of a still. So for a 25 litre wash (fermented sugary solution) if you discard the first 100ml (foreshots) and use it as window cleaner the remaining distillate will be safe,the skill thereafter is in the separating distillate into the heads hearts and tails and blending them into something of a high quality, higher quality that you can buy over the counter in the supermarket. "

Good summary. The relative evaporation fractions are complicted by it all being an azeotropic solution.

The resulting product is an eau de vie, which then needs either flavouring or aging

By *yronutMan  over a year ago

St Austell

Of course it’s illegal........ But the only offence is getting caught! ?? ??

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Getting a bit technical for me on here, all I want to do is make a few bottles of wine lol. I'll post results x

"Getting a bit technical for me on here, all I want to do is make a few bottles of wine lol. I'll post results x"

Making wine is quite straightforward, just be scrupulously clean and sterilise everything and keep the fermenting bin warm. The really really difficult bit is to try and not drink the finished product for at least 6 weeks

[Removed by poster at 18/12/18 14:07:02]

Any ginger beer makers here? I love the stuff in the summer, nothing nicer on a hot sunny afternoon

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Any ginger beer makers here? I love the stuff in the summer, nothing nicer on a hot sunny afternoon "

Ooh that sounds nice.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Getting a bit technical for me on here, all I want to do is make a few bottles of wine lol. I'll post results x

Making wine is quite straightforward, just be scrupulously clean and sterilise everything and keep the fermenting bin warm. The really really difficult bit is to try and not drink the finished product for at least 6 weeks "

Thanks xxx

"Any ginger beer makers here? I love the stuff in the summer, nothing nicer on a hot sunny afternoon "

Yes. And elderflower champagne.

tome it would be like washing the car myself or taking it to the handcar wash.

ie ,just buy from supermarket , cheap as chips.

"

I’ve made my first black currant wine from my garden this year. I don’t know what abv (I forgot to measure haha) I’ll be opening it around Xmas, when I bottled it, it tasted okay. I’ll let you know.

I’ve tried white wine from kits but never a red wine.

Once hubby hasnt forgiven me since the first batch I made exploded.

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

We kind off cheat . Buy fruit (have done plum cheery apricot and lemon /lime ) all separately. Peel fruit and slice but not chopped into small pieces. Place in demi johns add sugar and leave for about 8 weeks with regular shakes . Never allow fruit to get air into it not place in sealed container as will explode . Take out the syrup that is already a good alcohol base then just simply mix 50x50 with brandy or gin exetra . Aldi stuff is great. Did a fab stawrberry vodka last year and it's was just divine this year used in spritzers

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"We kind off cheat . Buy fruit (have done plum cheery apricot and lemon /lime ) all separately. Peel fruit and slice but not chopped into small pieces. Place in demi johns add sugar and leave for about 8 weeks with regular shakes . Never allow fruit to get air into it not place in sealed container as will explode . Take out the syrup that is already a good alcohol base then just simply mix 50x50 with brandy or gin exetra . Aldi stuff is great. Did a fab stawrberry vodka last year and it's was just divine this year used in spritzers "

Sounds really nice x

By *mm and HerCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

I've wondered about the picobrew picostill - think nespresso machine but for distilling (beer lovers maybe interested to). It's whether I can smuggle one home from the States on my next trip!

By *randmrsminxyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"We kind off cheat . Buy fruit (have done plum cheery apricot and lemon /lime ) all separately. Peel fruit and slice but not chopped into small pieces. Place in demi johns add sugar and leave for about 8 weeks with regular shakes . Never allow fruit to get air into it not place in sealed container as will explode . Take out the syrup that is already a good alcohol base then just simply mix 50x50 with brandy or gin exetra . Aldi stuff is great. Did a fab stawrberry vodka last year and it's was just divine this year used in spritzers

Sounds really nice x"

Lovely as the base is a really thick alcohol already . So you don't loose the flavour. Done a load of gin flavours for this Xmas

"Any ginger beer makers here? I love the stuff in the summer, nothing nicer on a hot sunny afternoon

Once hubby hasnt forgiven me since the first batch I made exploded. "

that always seems to be a strong possibility with ginger beer

"Any ginger beer makers here? I love the stuff in the summer, nothing nicer on a hot sunny afternoon

Yes. And elderflower champagne. "

Never made anything from Elder flowers or berries, we don't have any near us

"I've wondered about the picobrew picostill - think nespresso machine but for distilling (beer lovers maybe interested to). It's whether I can smuggle one home from the States on my next trip!"

Have you seen the "Airstill"? worth a look

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

"Is it legal to make your own spirits ? No idea any info is good info for us total novices "

No, it isn't.

However, you can buy stills online which come with a warning that they are absolutely not to be used to distill alcohol.....

Taunton

"I've wondered about the picobrew picostill - think nespresso machine but for distilling (beer lovers maybe interested to). It's whether I can smuggle one home from the States on my next trip!

Have you seen the "Airstill"? worth a look "

Gosh that's a piece of kit !! I wonder how much attention that attracts from HMRC when you have it delivered ....

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

"i see these home brew shops on trading estates.

years ago use to get stuff from boots."

Boots 16 pint kits my 1st ones

basic rule of thumb recipie for fruit wines .... 3-2-1

3 lbs of fruit

2 lbs of sugar

1 gallon of water

pummel the fruit and steep it in the water for 3 to 5 days (add 1 crushed campden tablet to kill natural yeasts), strain the pulp from the liquid. add sugar to the liquid. test the O.G (original gravity) with a hydrometer and make a note for future reference. add the yeast (follow instructions on the yeast packet). fit an air lock to the container and when the ferment has slowed take another reading with the hydrometer. if the hydrometer indicates the ferment is ready then rack off the brew into another vessel by syphoning, leaving the sedement behind (this may start the ferment off again briefly). allow to stand for a month or two to clear before bottling. allow to stand for a further 6 months or more before drinking.

"I've wondered about the picobrew picostill - think nespresso machine but for distilling (beer lovers maybe interested to). It's whether I can smuggle one home from the States on my next trip!

Have you seen the "Airstill"? worth a look

Gosh that's a piece of kit !! I wonder how much attention that attracts from HMRC when you have it delivered ....

"

Zero. Good for making essential oils and other stuff. Distilling plain water for home brew is good practice for some low alcohol drinks. (Liqueurs/schnapps). Used for watering back.

Good luck op with whatever you make, and remember, it’s great making it for yourself...even better for friends.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

OK, so a quick question here, I keep seeing brewing sugar. What's the difference between that and normal sugar? Is it a must use or will normal granulated sugar be OK?

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

"Van make ya own spirits, don't need a still just a freezer

"

Only without a license

Ashford and dept16

"basic rule of thumb recipie for fruit wines .... 3-2-1

3 lbs of fruit

2 lbs of sugar

1 gallon of water

pummel the fruit and steep it in the water for 3 to 5 days (add 1 crushed campden tablet to kill natural yeasts), strain the pulp from the liquid. add sugar to the liquid. test the O.G (original gravity) with a hydrometer and make a note for future reference. add the yeast (follow instructions on the yeast packet). fit an air lock to the container and when the ferment has slowed take another reading with the hydrometer. if the hydrometer indicates the ferment is ready then rack off the brew into another vessel by syphoning, leaving the sedement behind (this may start the ferment off again briefly). allow to stand for a month or two to clear before bottling. allow to stand for a further 6 months or more before drinking."

Ashford and dept16

There lies the fault with most people homebrew, too much sugar to start to get more alcohol and it becomes harsh as hell. It takes a special wine to carry off anything above 12-13%abv most would be far better at 11% if you ask me.

Blackberry wine is lovely, almost like an exceptional shiraz, we make it every year, currently have 120 bottles in the garage "

yep We make cider most years made 300 ltrs one year 2years ago made a small batch of 8 gallons and fed it over 8 months desert spoon at a time 14% can't drink it won't do it again!!

"OK, so a quick question here, I keep seeing brewing sugar. What's the difference between that and normal sugar? Is it a must use or will normal granulated sugar be OK? "

Cheap granulated is absolutely fine, brewing sugar is too expensive and I couldn't tell the difference in taste in any way. The current best is Tate and Lyle in B M bargains at 50p a kilo

Only without a license "

Apparently HMRC won't bother you as long as you don't try and sell the stuff as the cost of pursuing a conviction is too high so I'm told. So for your own consumption is shall we say, tolerated

I use the Winebuddy kits. Not the best on the market good enough for me.

Taunton

Only without a license

Apparently HMRC won't bother you as long as you don't try and sell the stuff as the cost of pursuing a conviction is too high so I'm told. So for your own consumption is shall we say, tolerated "

I think they are after the gangs who distill industrial spirits , and flavouring then sell it.

Big explosion in Lincolnshire a few years back killed a few doing this

Penrith

"Made my first ever batch of cider two months ago, from my very own apple trees Xmas Day is going to be the first time we taste it, after our big family dinner. Fingers crossed it's not turned to vinegar! "

As an update; I opened two bottles of my cider yesterday, and it was really quite nice! A bit on the dry side, but light, fizzy, and really refreshing! It even tasted of apples! I have no idea about alcohol content, but it’s definitely got some in it lol! I’m well chuffed at my first attempt, using apples from my garden, and doing the whole process myself. Hopefully another good harvest from my trees this coming year too

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"OK, so a quick question here, I keep seeing brewing sugar. What's the difference between that and normal sugar? Is it a must use or will normal granulated sugar be OK?

Cheap granulated is absolutely fine, brewing sugar is too expensive and I couldn't tell the difference in taste in any way. The current best is Tate and Lyle in B M bargains at 50p a kilo "

Thankyou xx

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

I got hubby a beer brewing starter kit for Xmas, comes with everything he needs to make an IPA.

He’s planning to get it started today

[Removed by poster at 26/12/18 11:22:30]

We love makin our own wine xx its quite simple xx our favourite is pear or strawberry xx if you want any advice just pm us xx

Its not illegal to make it xx its just illegal to sell it xx

I’ve made and drank a few barrels of my own beer.

By *he SurveyorMan  over a year ago

Bury

I’ve been making spirits for 10 months.

Turn 9kg of Tate & Lyle into a 25l 20% alcohol “wash”.

Distill it into 5lt of 94% alcohol.

Filter it and water it down.

Add flavourings from the home brew shop.

Result, excellent quality spirits for a fraction of the cost.

Next year I will be renting my kit out with simple instructions.

PM me if interested.

Rossendale area.

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"

As many other things illegal.. but with no resorces to investigate - crack on..

Now where did I leave them spuds...

» Add a new message to this topic