FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Vitamin B12

Vitamin B12

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I recently had my diabetic review, and was delighted with the results. Everything was great, but there was a haemoglobin test that said I might be borderline anaemic. So more tests. Then I got a call telling me to see my doc, who informed me that my vitamin B12 levels were so low that I had to start a course of injections immediately. He also proscribed vitamin D tablets. Since then I have read up about Vit B12 deficiency, and realised just how important it is. It can actually cause depression, neuropathy, heart disease and death. Yet it has no actual symptoms, I only went in for annual routine tests.

So for anyone on here that hasn’t had blood tests, especially if like me over 50, get it done. There are so many things that you might not know you have, and blood tests can pick up on them. Oh, and don’t worry about needles, if you don’t look all you notice is a little scratch.

Take good care folks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

Ditch the tablets and injections and eat healthy foods that contains vb12

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Ditch the tablets and injections and eat healthy foods that contains vb12 "

It’s not always that easy . Especially with B12 which is notoriously difficult to absorb . If it’s taken in tablets or drops it needs to sublingual which means it’s absorbed through the tissue under the tongue into the bloodstream , instead of through the stomach .

There’s often an attitude that we can always get everything we need from a healthy diet . With B12 and D that’s not the case , especially when you’re a diabetic , or coeliac , or suffer with digestive disorders .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I recently had my diabetic review, and was delighted with the results. Everything was great, but there was a haemoglobin test that said I might be borderline anaemic. So more tests. Then I got a call telling me to see my doc, who informed me that my vitamin B12 levels were so low that I had to start a course of injections immediately. He also proscribed vitamin D tablets. Since then I have read up about Vit B12 deficiency, and realised just how important it is. It can actually cause depression, neuropathy, heart disease and death. Yet it has no actual symptoms, I only went in for annual routine tests.

Well that’s Cheerec me up no end!!

So for anyone on here that hasn’t had blood tests, especially if like me over 50, get it done. There are so many things that you might not know you have, and blood tests can pick up on them. Oh, and don’t worry about needles, if you don’t look all you notice is a little scratch.

Take good care folks "

» Add a new message to this topic