FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How far...

How far...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I know this has been covered a few times before but I thought I'd trot this question out.

So how far for you is too far?

Many, if not most of us, have cars or modes of transport at our disposal, we can get to most places with a degree of ease, but we draw a ring around ourselves.

What is the reason for that? Comfort? finances? Would you ever consider breaking that rule for the right person?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh I happily travel, it's a case of having to as I live at the end of the world

I travelled to Italy once.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

1 hour max.

Nobody on here is worth going across the country for. If I loved them I would but not for a meet.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I drove nearly 600 miles this weekend, just to go for drinks with friends.

700 mile trip last month to go clubbing with other friends.

450 round trip most weeks to the Midlands to see my FWB & family.

For the right people distance is never an issue.

I like the adventure ...

Depends what other commitments you have surely. If I just had myself to think about I’d travel more. I have children so I’d say about an hour for me.

Manchester (he/him)

"I like the adventure ... "

That's a good point, there is a certain sense of adventure in making a journey

Totally depends. I enjoy visiting new places so there's always that. Met up with someone a year ago who lived 3.5 hours away and we met in the middle. Had a great night wine, music, conversation. Didnt have full sex but had a wonderful time lying in bed together. Still good friends now. I would definately do it again if it felt right.

Manchester (he/him)

"I drove nearly 600 miles this weekend, just to go for drinks with friends.

"

I think that's a key point; for the right people.

I can't say that I've got a limit to how far I'd travel, I'm lucky in that I'm fairly central though. I can be most places in England in less than 3 hours

I travel far but cost is a huge factor

Depends, on time and costs for me. I don’t drive so public transport can be expensive on distances x

I'm single and live alone so distance is never an issue for me

I always consider airbnb or hotel if o fancy a night away

If one dosent want to make the effort then obviously not over interested.

To be honest it's usually the people I'm interested in travelling to say ...sorry your to far

Depends on the person. If it was someone I was in love with then I'd certainly travel to the other side of town without question ( unless it was raining out)

I can't say that I've got a limit to how far I'd travel, I'm lucky in that I'm fairly central though. I can be most places in England in less than 3 hours "

Except me hahahahahahahaha

Manchester (he/him)

I can't say that I've got a limit to how far I'd travel, I'm lucky in that I'm fairly central though. I can be most places in England in less than 3 hours

Except me hahahahahahahaha "

I said most places! Although West London is within that time.

Manchester (he/him)

"Depends, on time and costs for me. I don’t drive so public transport can be expensive on distances x "

Cost is a major factor yes, especially if you're looking to repeat things.

Does that play a part in a person's thinking? The 'what if I want to see them again' factor?

For a one off I did a 600 mile round trip but if it was gonna be a repeat thing then distance would play a big part in the decision

"Depends, on time and costs for me. I don’t drive so public transport can be expensive on distances x

Does that play a part in a person's thinking? The 'what if I want to see them again' factor? "

More adventures? But seriously ... if both parties wanted to meet again then it should be a two way thing? I wouldn't travel miles to meet someone that doesn't travel themselves ... kind of hypocritical for me

It's not crow fly distance that decides how too far someone is, for me. It's the train/tube/bus/walking distance, as I don't drive any more.

Someone can be a few miles across the Thames, but the journey into London to get the South Eastern train can take 2 hours and a lot of waiting around in the cold/rain.

I'm not doing a 4 hour round-trip for someone who might want a half hour fuck and go.

"Depends, on time and costs for me. I don’t drive so public transport can be expensive on distances x

Does that play a part in a person's thinking? The 'what if I want to see them again' factor? "

The journey does play a big part in me deciding if I want to meet them. When I have all the time in the world, and I know I'm not going to be booted out once he's cum, I don't mind travelling for a couple of hours.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

I’ve Travelled for the right people and will continue to do so! A one off or infrequent weekend adventure with a gorgeous hottie is always a rather lovely thing to anticipate!

However - for a relationship/regular fwb scenario my free time and finances would probably prevent me from seeing someone too far away - so I’d be looking for someone within 90 mins drive tops!

"I like the adventure ...

That's a good point, there is a certain sense of adventure in making a journey"

Exactly this! I love road trips and listening to my music, but has to be for the right person.

A couple of hours..

Manchester (he/him)

Does that play a part in a person's thinking? The 'what if I want to see them again' factor?

More adventures? But seriously ... if both parties wanted to meet again then it should be a two way thing? I wouldn't travel miles to meet someone that doesn't travel themselves ... kind of hypocritical for me "

Yes, I agree it should be a two way thing.

By *l6789Man  over a year ago

croydon

If we clicked on here first and there really seemed like good chemistry I would travel to pretty much anywhere. A dirty weekend away is always fun, I don’t mind an adventure and finding new places.

If they live in Scotland it’s not likely we will see each other every week but the few time we could meet would be intense and leave lasting memories.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

If the rules get in the way of what really matters then it's the rules that need changing....

Less than 30 minute drive.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I have travelled 2-3 hours in the past and would do so again, which if the other person is willing to travel too covers most of England and Wales - I enjoy discovering new places anyway and making a meet combined social and sex means you can get to see places you might not otherwise have done

"I have travelled 2-3 hours in the past and would do so again, which if the other person is willing to travel too covers most of England and Wales - I enjoy discovering new places anyway and making a meet combined social and sex means you can get to see places you might not otherwise have done "

Well said and I can relate to this. If it was not for fab I would not have discovered some awesome new places.

I travelled 6 hours this weekend to meet a young lady.

Was very good weekend together.

"I have travelled 2-3 hours in the past and would do so again, which if the other person is willing to travel too covers most of England and Wales - I enjoy discovering new places anyway and making a meet combined social and sex means you can get to see places you might not otherwise have done

Well said and I can relate to this. If it was not for fab I would not have discovered some awesome new places."

Exactly, in the last year or so I've seen parts of Nottingham, Stafford and errr Milton Keynes I wouldn't have done otherwise

I've never messaged anyone on here outside the northeast to be honest because I've always assumed the women will think it's "to far", be interested to see what a women's opinion on this was

"I've never messaged anyone on here outside the northeast to be honest because I've always assumed the women will think it's "to far", be interested to see what a women's opinion on this was "

You'd be surprised - a lot of people are willing to travel for the right person - most of those I've met or have discussed meeting with have lived at least 60 miles away and further

It takes some organisation and isn't ideal if you're looking for a weekly thing but it can be done.

"I have travelled 2-3 hours in the past and would do so again, which if the other person is willing to travel too covers most of England and Wales - I enjoy discovering new places anyway and making a meet combined social and sex means you can get to see places you might not otherwise have done

Well said and I can relate to this. If it was not for fab I would not have discovered some awesome new places.

Exactly, in the last year or so I've seen parts of Nottingham, Stafford and errr Milton Keynes I wouldn't have done otherwise "

You have travelled far. I used to live in London and moved to Midlands this year. It's great up here especially Nottinghamshire with lovely scenic routes. I am looking forward to 2019.

#fabroadtrips

By *andonmessMan  over a year ago

A world all of his own

I used to drive a 300 mile round trip to Lincoln to see a friend on here pretty regularly. Still pop up from time to time as we're still in contact and are great friends

There’s a couple of people that I really like and get on well with on here that, if the circumstances were right and I was a single guy etc, I’d definitely travel for despite them being half a country away.

As it is, I have domestic constraints so keep my meets relatively local, within about an hour or so. Which around the M4 corridor and M25 area doesn’t equate to much distance at all!

I don't drive so for me travelling is tricky. Having said that I have travelled quite some distance by train to attend parties or a club. I traveled for 7 hours coming back from a party this weekend. It shouldn't have been anywhere near that long but because of the weather and bus replacement on the train and lots of local flooding it took ages but it was definitely worth it.

I travel all over the place so meets while away are always on the agenda where there's someone I've connected with on the forums

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

45 minutes tops, my time is limited as I have children. I have gone further which I tied in with a visit to see family.

I'd rather spend more time in bed than in my car, hence I'm looking for a regular, local fwb since being binned off.

» Add a new message to this topic