FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > January penance

January penance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's already started!

"You'll put on X weight over Christmas, this is how you stay on track!"

I can't bloody stand it. Trying to shame or scare people into buying weight loss, fitness, etc products that will be ditched by the middle of February.

I know it's the way it is, but what about a more responsible message? Everything in moderation, willpower is limited, yo yo dieting/ really restrictive diets backfire, activity all year round is important (and not just for beach body/ undoing Christmas), and exercise makes your life better.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

I hope I do put weight on, I’ve been trying for 6 weeks

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It's already started!

"You'll put on X weight over Christmas, this is how you stay on track!"

I can't bloody stand it. Trying to shame or scare people into buying weight loss, fitness, etc products that will be ditched by the middle of February.

I know it's the way it is, but what about a more responsible message? Everything in moderation, willpower is limited, yo yo dieting/ really restrictive diets backfire, activity all year round is important (and not just for beach body/ undoing Christmas), and exercise makes your life better. "

People want a quick fix, these products offer it.

I'm often quite surprised at how little excercise some people think is necessary. I took a relative to the shops once and parked some distance away. She was horrified that the sat nav showed we were a quarter of a mile from our destination and I expected her to walk . This same person proudly told me she once managed a kilometre on a static bike.

Manchester (she/her)

Sure. But I've found (relatively recently) a love of exercise. I sleep better, my mood is better, I have a better relationship with my body. My health markers are improving, including some chronic stuff I've had since I was a kid. Aches and pains are going away. (yes I'm losing weight, but that's actually the least of it!)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I hate all that too OP. Life's too short to diet. Just enjoy lovely food and only do exercise you enjoy

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I am on a mission to abuse my body all December. I have hit the food and fizz hard.

I will lose it all in January via sensible eating and my peloton bike.

Yet to see a safe miracle product offered. No quick fixes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its likely from the same people that insisted we buy all their mince pies and lard roasts for Christmas too

Manchester (she/her)

"Its likely from the same people that insisted we buy all their mince pies and lard roasts for Christmas too "

The places with hotels and gyms in the same complex are The Worst.

Come, enjoy our Christmas feast!

Don't pack on the pounds! Joining bonus!

» Add a new message to this topic