FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Feeling old

Feeling old

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *afadao OP   Man  over a year ago

Staines

Feeling very sorry for myself today after realising that I am in fact, an old fart.

Woke up, flung (probably more levered to be honest) my legs out and felt my back spasm.

Headed to my car and cursed a fast motorist down my street under my breath, whilst at the same time bemoaning the temperature.

Drove to the park and embarked on a run. What felt like a fast run. It was in fact a lumbering jog - the fact was confirmed by an approximately 10 year old boy flying past me with his dog on lead.

On my return home I enjoyed listening on the radio to Brandy & Monica’s rather excellent recent release “The Boy Is Mine”. From 1998!!! How the hell is that 20 years old?

Bah! Humbug! Misery loves company - who else is feeling like an old timer?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

Your body wasn't designed to go on much longer.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

It's a state of mind..that's all I can say!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Feeling very sorry for myself today after realising that I am in fact, an old fart.

Woke up, flung (probably more levered to be honest) my legs out and felt my back spasm.

Headed to my car and cursed a fast motorist down my street under my breath, whilst at the same time bemoaning the temperature.

Drove to the park and embarked on a run. What felt like a fast run. It was in fact a lumbering jog - the fact was confirmed by an approximately 10 year old boy flying past me with his dog on lead.

On my return home I enjoyed listening on the radio to Brandy & Monica’s rather excellent recent release “The Boy Is Mine”. From 1998!!! How the hell is that 20 years old?

Bah! Humbug! Misery loves company - who else is feeling like an old timer?"

It's wireless ,not Radio

"Feeling very sorry for myself today after realising that I am in fact, an old fart.

Bah! Humbug! Misery loves company - who else is feeling like an old timer?"

I've no hope then

Ffs

I'm now one of those people who constantly has to ask 'what did it used to be called?' everytime someone is telling me about going to a pub/club.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Fkn ell .........

Ah---the good old days when you used to wake up Piss Proud.

Now you just wake up for a piss.

Sad

Staines

"Ah---the good old days when you used to wake up Piss Proud.

Now you just wake up for a piss.

Sad "

Even worse - the piss is the reason you woke up

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I was listening to Dermot O'Leary this morning, he's introduced a slot called One Foot in The Rave in order to patronise anyone over 60 who enjoys a certain type of music. Its no wonder people of 46 feel they're past it.

"Your body wasn't designed to go on much longer. "

Thanks for that little reminder of our mortality Clem.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"I'm now one of those people who constantly has to ask 'what did it used to be called?' everytime someone is telling me about going to a pub/club."

I'm always doing things then when I get there I can't remember why

Staines

[Removed by poster at 15/12/18 12:27:02]

Staines

"I was listening to Dermot O'Leary this morning, he's introduced a slot called One Foot in The Rave in order to patronise anyone over 60 who enjoys a certain type of music. Its no wonder people of 46 feel they're past it."

Aaaah Radio 2. Correction .... Wireless 2. Now we’re talking.

If your doing what you want in life it's easy.

Others make it harder.so avoid any negative ones. Protect your bubble

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was listening to Dermot O'Leary this morning, he's introduced a slot called One Foot in The Rave in order to patronise anyone over 60 who enjoys a certain type of music. Its no wonder people of 46 feel they're past it.

Aaaah Radio 2. Correction .... Wireless 2. Now we’re talking. "

We listen to radio 4 a lot of the time and I listen to radio 3 on the way to work. We're Methuselahs older siblings

Staines

"I was listening to Dermot O'Leary this morning, he's introduced a slot called One Foot in The Rave in order to patronise anyone over 60 who enjoys a certain type of music. Its no wonder people of 46 feel they're past it.

We listen to radio 4 a lot of the time and I listen to radio 3 on the way to work. We're Methuselahs older siblings "

He had a terrrific innings

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We listen to radio 4 a lot of the time and I listen to radio 3 on the way to work. We're Methuselahs older siblings

He had a terrrific innings "

He did. I reckon he was a giant redwood myself.

By *palWoman  over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

I swear my memory is getting worse not to mention my body with its aches and pains.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

You’re old?

Phah!!

I’m 57 can’t walk far due to spinal stenosis

And have cancer

Now do you feel old?

Staines

He did. I reckon he was a giant redwood myself."

Ooooh, I visited that tree in 1993 when I went on a US road trip - it’s nearly 5000 years old

Forum Mod

East Sussex

He did. I reckon he was a giant redwood myself.

Ooooh, I visited that tree in 1993 when I went on a US road trip - it’s nearly 5000 years old "

That's old even for a giant redwood, they normally live about three thousand years. We visited a baby of 134 years old this week.

I'm "old" on paper, but in every other way I'm as young as the man I'm currently feeling

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We listen to radio 4 a lot of the time and I listen to radio 3 on the way to work. We're Methuselahs older siblings "

well i have to listen to friggin classic fm in the car

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Well it seems that if you was a horse, by now you'd be holding a million stamps on Christmas card envelopes..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We listen to radio 4 a lot of the time and I listen to radio 3 on the way to work. We're Methuselahs older siblings well i have to listen to friggin classic fm in the car "

I can't stand the adverts. My nightmare would be a long car journey with radio one

» Add a new message to this topic