FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > American Primaries (republician voting for presidental candidate)

American Primaries (republician voting for presidental candidate)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anybody following them?

Been quite interesting so far. Seems like there's only about 3 or 4 viable candidates now. I think Newt ruled himself out of the race with his mannerisms.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

3 or 4..I'm struggling to see one. Glad to see Bachmann go tho. that woman is insane.

Santorum wants to start bombing Iran within a fortnight,

Romney dropped a bollock offering another candidate a 20 grand bet

I'd love to see Ron Paul get in for the lulz.

Just imagine the wave of angst that would sweep the country xD

It'd be like the pope running a brothel!

"3 or 4..I'm struggling to see one. Glad to see Bachmann go tho. that woman is insane.

Santorum wants to start bombing Iran within a fortnight,

Romney dropped a bollock offering another candidate a 20 grand bet"

I agree about Bachmann, albeit I sort of began feeling sorry for her in the end. Looked like a forlorn puppy. But not the kind of politics I want to see anywhere near the white house for sure.

I think it's a throw up between Romney and Ron Paul in the end.

Although Santorum was a surprise in Iowa, I don't think he can push his campaign along in the way Romney and Paul can.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anybody following them?

Been quite interesting so far. Seems like there's only about 3 or 4 viable candidates now. I think Newt ruled himself out of the race with his mannerisms."

as what you would describe as a "left leaning" democrat I am looking at it with interest.. and there is only one candidate... mitt romney...

Bachmann is scary right (tea party right)... perry is too much like "dubya"

cain was a nutter.... paul is a nutter... newts position always shifts and santorem is silently scary (if you know some of his positions he would scare you...)

the only one i would have considered voting for is jon huntsman... but he is so far to the centre than republicans would never vote for him....

this is going to be an interesting fight because in the southern states they hate romney almost as much as obama.....

the interest race isn't new hampshire... it is going to see what happens in south carolina...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Whoever wins the Republican run off they are going to be the barmiest US president since Ronnie Reagan.....

I am finding the whole debacle rather funny....yet worrying at the same time.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Santorum on the egyptian arab spring...

"The Muslim Brotherhood are Islamists. The Muslim Brotherhood are going to impose Sharia law."

"They were popularly elected, I think," Gregory of NBC responded. "Isn't that what democracy is about?"

"No," Santorum said.

!!!!!!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

What he meant to say was...'That wasn't what we paid all that money for!'

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Anybody following them?

Been quite interesting so far. Seems like there's only about 3 or 4 viable candidates now. I think Newt ruled himself out of the race with his mannerisms."

love american politics, and married to a man with a degree in govt..

Think romney faces the kennedy problem ,many dont believe he will he put counrty before church

newt has missed his chance

So the good news is Barak for a second term

"Anybody following them?

Been quite interesting so far. Seems like there's only about 3 or 4 viable candidates now. I think Newt ruled himself out of the race with his mannerisms.

as what you would describe as a "left leaning" democrat I am looking at it with interest.. and there is only one candidate... mitt romney...

Bachmann is scary right (tea party right)... perry is too much like "dubya"

cain was a nutter.... paul is a nutter... newts position always shifts and santorem is silently scary (if you know some of his positions he would scare you...)

the only one i would have considered voting for is jon huntsman... but he is so far to the centre than republicans would never vote for him....

this is going to be an interesting fight because in the southern states they hate romney almost as much as obama.....

the interest race isn't new hampshire... it is going to see what happens in south carolina..."

Although you're correct that there are few centrist positions in the race, I think that extremes are necessary for change to occur.

Of all the candidates, the one I'd prefer to get into most is Paul, he's actually the most socially liberal candidate the republicans have. Be nice to see libertarianism given a chance for once.

"

So the good news is Barak for a second term "

I wouldn't count my chickens! It's possible, certainly, but a whole lot of Democrats aren't happy with Barak.

Personally, from a right wing perspective and despite my reservations about stimulus spending aka Keynesian economics, I think he's basically done a decent job, but the left in America want much more aggressive policies, I don't think there's been a time in several decades where the divisions between the parties have been so deep.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

there may be a lot of democrats who are what we would say "disappointed" in obama (me too because in the two years the democrats had contol of both houses of government.. he pandered and didn't get thru half the stuff he could of) there is no way a democrat is going to run against obama, because he is still there best hope....

the people in the south again are going to have an interesting choice... a black man or a mormon... of which a lot of people in the "bible belt" are going to hate.....

plus the healthcare bill that republicans hate is the same one that romney brought when he was govenor of mass..... and obama will remind everyone of that everyday until the election....

the problem for romney is that he flip flops.. isn't right wing enough for the south and isn't liberal enough for the west coast or the north east......

it will be closer but obama would fancy his chances...

"there may be a lot of democrats who are what we would say "disappointed" in obama (me too because in the two years the democrats had contol of both houses of government.. he pandered and didn't get thru half the stuff he could of) there is no way a democrat is going to run against obama, because he is still there best hope....

the people in the south again are going to have an interesting choice... a black man or a mormon... of which a lot of people in the "bible belt" are going to hate.....

plus the healthcare bill that republicans hate is the same one that romney brought when he was govenor of mass..... and obama will remind everyone of that everyday until the election....

the problem for romney is that he flip flops.. isn't right wing enough for the south and isn't liberal enough for the west coast or the north east......

it will be closer but obama would fancy his chances..."

Seems like it will be close.

There's a thing called IOWA electronic markets (google this)

They are a futures market, betting on political events. Like a stock market for politicians. It is much more accurate than voting polls etc, so you might be interested to look at the numbers as the primaries and voting continue.

» Add a new message to this topic