FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sexual Health Clinic

Sexual Health Clinic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eanut Butter Cup OP   Woman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I know it’s not Thursday but I feel the need to rant...

The sexual health clinic I go to used to be really good! Like they asked the question about your sexual partners with 3 boxes to fill in and I was like yeh you’re gonna need more boxes explained I was a swinger, and from then on they just asked how many since I’d last been!

They’ve been taken over and since then it’s just crap! They ask the same questions every time, and I can’t believe that they don’t have my record there to just look at! Offered me the hep b jab, and I had to tell them I had already had it there with them last year. Said my last smear was 2 years ago when it was this year, at the same place

And to top it off, I asked for condoms and they said their policy has changed and they can only give one pack a month, which has 4 condoms in it! I resisted the urge to tell her that wouldn’t even get me through 1 club visit

Anyway, feel better now I’ve got that off my chest anyone else have rubbish experiences?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well its your choice to have that much sex mind lol

"I know it’s not Thursday but I feel the need to rant...

The sexual health clinic I go to used to be really good! Like they asked the question about your sexual partners with 3 boxes to fill in and I was like yeh you’re gonna need more boxes explained I was a swinger, and from then on they just asked how many since I’d last been!

They’ve been taken over and since then it’s just crap! They ask the same questions every time, and I can’t believe that they don’t have my record there to just look at! Offered me the hep b jab, and I had to tell them I had already had it there with them last year. Said my last smear was 2 years ago when it was this year, at the same place

And to top it off, I asked for condoms and they said their policy has changed and they can only give one pack a month, which has 4 condoms in it! I resisted the urge to tell her that wouldn’t even get me through 1 club visit

Anyway, feel better now I’ve got that off my chest anyone else have rubbish experiences?"

Well yes 4 wouldn’t last long on any visit!!

B & M Bargains

"Well its your choice to have that much sex mind lol"

Someone on a swinging site has sex. Shocking stuff!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

[Removed by poster at 11/12/18 11:13:51]

"Well its your choice to have that much sex mind lol

Someone on a swinging site has sex. Shocking stuff!"

Eh...?

hiding from cock pics.

Some Poundland you can buy a box of passante condoms, the same brand that are given out in the sexual health clinics, they are British standard and tested.

Sorry that your gum clinic have gone down hill, maybe you can use another one? I use sh24 and have my tests ordered online.

One of the clinics I went to treated me like a piece of shit when I said that I was a swinger. They were horribly judgemental despite saying how accepting and open they were on their website decided to go somewhere else the next time and they're lovely, quite interested in hearing about it!

"Well its your choice to have that much sex mind lol"

Promoting abstinence over safe sex went out with the Victorians though. I'm quite surprised at the clinic limiting condoms.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

My sexual health clinic is great, just wish my drs surgery was half as good tbh.

B & M Bargains

"One of the clinics I went to treated me like a piece of shit when I said that I was a swinger. They were horribly judgemental despite saying how accepting and open they were on their website decided to go somewhere else the next time and they're lovely, quite interested in hearing about it!"

That’s horrible! To be fair to mine, there has only been one nurse who was a bit snooty. I had 2 nurses in once and I told them and they were asking all kinds of questions! I’d rather be honest with them. Probably why I haven’t moved cos from that aspect they’ve been great.

B & M Bargains

Promoting abstinence over safe sex went out with the Victorians though. I'm quite surprised at the clinic limiting condoms."

me too, they actively encouraged me to take more last time I was there!

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I used to get my checks done at my GPs, then my Dr retired & his practise merged with another.

After my first visit to the new practise, I felt awful.

The nurse was quite mature, actually reminded me of Hattie Jacques matron character!

Her face as I told her my 'history' her attitude totaly changed.

I have never felt bad about anything I've ever done, but she made me feel like I was dirty.

I started using the local clinic after that, and I can't fault them there.

I see a gay male nurse, he's actually become a good friend.

I take cake for everyone when I visit now too

I am lucky that, in my area, you can order free test kit via post. Also, if I'm at Chams on the day of their sexual health clinic, I get tested there, too.

I too order mine online from the nhs site, quick and easy and I don't have to worry about making it to a clinic in time.

My clinic has moved and much better regarding opening hours and no appointment needed any more, just drop in. They never seem to have any previous records which can get annoying having to explain yourself every time, but last time the nurse was very intrigued to hear about swinging, and gave me a bag of 24 condoms!

I've never been offered free condoms and they always look at me with disgust when I said I had sex outside of wedlock.

I'm really surprised about not handing out Condoms. Last time I got tested I got a nice selection of around 15 in a paper bag.

"I've never been offered free condoms and they always look at me with disgust when I said I had sex just outside of matlock. "

Probably a jealousy thing, Derbyshire is very beautiful this time of year

"I've never been offered free condoms and they always look at me with disgust when I said I had sex just outside of matlock.

Probably a jealousy thing, Derbyshire is very beautiful this time of year "

I'm pretty sure the nurses had never been bent over a car bonnet on a country road.

"Some Poundland you can buy a box of passante condoms, the same brand that are given out in the sexual health clinics, they are British standard and tested.

Sorry that your gum clinic have gone down hill, maybe you can use another one? I use sh24 and have my tests ordered online."

Condoms from Poundland... hmmm. I’d have to have a think about that. I mean I love a bargain, but...

"I'm really surprised about not handing out Condoms. Last time I got tested I got a nice selection of around 15 in a paper bag."

I noticed the amount had dropped. It used to be a paper bag stuffed full of them with loads of lube too. I think it was less than 10 last time and no lube. Maybe I didn’t mention anal sex the last time?

Nurse, please get my cock up and then check it

Ive never been offered condoms actually. I must look like I don't use them

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Ive never been offered condoms actually. I must look like I don't use them "

They never offer them to me either. I like freebies

"Ive never been offered condoms actually. I must look like I don't use them "

Wanna share a condom ?

By *harlotte SometimesWoman  over a year ago

Leafy Warwickshire

I was given 3 packs when I last went. What does that say about me?

"Ive never been offered condoms actually. I must look like I don't use them

They never offer them to me either. I like freebies "

We should ask next time

"Ive never been offered condoms actually. I must look like I don't use them

Wanna share a condom ? "

Ooh. Yeah

[Removed by poster at 11/12/18 20:15:15]

last time i went they asked for a urine sample, a stool sample, and a semen sample. I asked them, “Why don’t I just leave my shorts?”

"I too order mine online from the nhs site, quick and easy and I don't have to worry about making it to a clinic in time. "

Curious about the online test, how do they deal with a lack of blood test?

"I was given 3 packs when I last went. What does that say about me? "
That your really good and the guy doesn’t last long

I never get any condoms from clinic, I buy in bulk 144 condoms for about £15 x

By *ntriguedcouple7Couple  over a year ago

Surrey

"I used to get my checks done at my GPs, then my Dr retired & his practise merged with another.

After my first visit to the new practise, I felt awful.

The nurse was quite mature, actually reminded me of Hattie Jacques matron character!

Her face as I told her my 'history' her attitude totaly changed.

I have never felt bad about anything I've ever done, but she made me feel like I was dirty.

I started using the local clinic after that, and I can't fault them there.

I see a gay male nurse, he's actually become a good friend.

I take cake for everyone when I visit now too

"

If you are where I think you are, we used to live down there, too. I think I've seen that nurse at the clinic and he is great!

Where we live now they've just randomly closed our most local clinic so now have to travel to the bigger, busier one at the hospital.

I have tried to explain our lifestyle to a GP once (I had a throat infection and thought it might be relevant information), she looked at me like I was an alien and seemed to have no idea that such things went on. Much prefer sexual health specific staff.

"Curious about the online test, how do they deal with a lack of blood test?"

You do get a blood test with the kit I get. There is a tiny bottle that you need to fill up from a finger prick.

B & M Bargains

"I never get any condoms from clinic, I buy in bulk 144 condoms for about £15 x"
I don’t have enough sex to bother with bulk buying but if I start going out more I’ll look into this, love a good bulk buy

B & M Bargains

"Some Poundland you can buy a box of passante condoms, the same brand that are given out in the sexual health clinics, they are British standard and tested.

Sorry that your gum clinic have gone down hill, maybe you can use another one? I use sh24 and have my tests ordered online.

Condoms from Poundland... hmmm. I’d have to have a think about that. I mean I love a bargain, but..."

I can’t visit a poundland, b&m all the way for my bargains

hiding from cock pics.

British kite mark approved and same brand as the gum clinic.

Your money, your choice of course.

Sorry that your gum clinic have gone down hill, maybe you can use another one? I use sh24 and have my tests ordered online."

Me too ...send me a text saying all clear

We usually get a pack of 6 and 2 lube sachets from ours, but we get them in bulk online anyway.

Condoms from Poundland... hmmm. I’d have to have a think about that. I mean I love a bargain, but...

I can’t visit a poundland, b&m all the way for my bargains "

I've seen you in harrods

"I've never been offered free condoms and they always look at me with disgust when I said I had sex just outside of matlock.

Probably a jealousy thing, Derbyshire is very beautiful this time of year "

But c'mon you have to agree that's pretty disgusting having sex just outside of Matlock. Andy Griffith is a household name. He's a decent man.

Someone on a swinging site has sex. Shocking stuff!"

I think the point he was making is that if you want to have lots of sex be prepared to buy lots of condoms.

If the NHS paid for every condom used for every act of sex that takes place in the UK there would be no money left in the sexual health budget for little things like STD testing.....

I have never taken free condoms from a clinic I buy my own. If I can afford a night out at a swingers club I can afford the box of condoms I will need to take with me.

Its my sexual health...

"Curious about the online test, how do they deal with a lack of blood test?

You do get a blood test with the kit I get. There is a tiny bottle that you need to fill up from a finger prick. "

Thanks, all clear now!

Someone on a swinging site has sex. Shocking stuff!

I think the point he was making is that if you want to have lots of sex be prepared to buy lots of condoms.

If the NHS paid for every condom used for every act of sex that takes place in the UK there would be no money left in the sexual health budget for little things like STD testing.....

I have never taken free condoms from a clinic I buy my own. If I can afford a night out at a swingers club I can afford the box of condoms I will need to take with me.

Its my sexual health..."

"I know it’s not Thursday but I feel the need to rant...

Anyway, feel better now I’ve got that off my chest anyone else have rubbish experiences?"

Can't you go to another clinic, this sounds poor x

"I never get any condoms from clinic, I buy in bulk 144 condoms for about £15 x I don’t have enough sex to bother with bulk buying but if I start going out more I’ll look into this, love a good bulk buy "

There is smaller options like 50 condoms for less money x

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

We travel to Blackpool clinic, just finished hepb course, sometimes go to club clinic if dates line up or free NHS postal one but that doesn't include throat swab. Never take the free condoms as prefer skyns & we buy in bulk

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Maybe they ask the same questions every time to catch out people who perhaps don't tell the truth? Maybe people change their answers to suit them? Maybe things change between visits?

Also, while j have benefitted from free cindims from GUM clinics in the past I don't think it's a right to have them and i certainly don't think they should provide loads of them just because you and I choose to swing.

You are, after all, responsible for your own sexual health are you not?

evesham

Promoting abstinence over safe sex went out with the Victorians though. I'm quite surprised at the clinic limiting condoms.

me too, they actively encouraged me to take more last time I was there!"

But he was right, if I'd your choice to fuck more than 4 men. If they have limited funds why should your life choices be put above anyone else? He never once said don't have sex.

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

"We travel to Blackpool clinic, just finished hepb course, sometimes go to club clinic if dates line up or free NHS postal one but that doesn't include throat swab. Never take the free condoms as prefer skyns & we buy in bulk "

The clinic in Blackpool is superb. It’s just getting more difficult to see anyone now the drop in services have reduced. I never had an issue. They’re pretty unshockable there and I never once felt uncomfortable with the questions or their advice.

Promoting abstinence over safe sex went out with the Victorians though. I'm quite surprised at the clinic limiting condoms."

Aye but that's not what I was saying.

This may be a controversial post but please here me out. I work in the NHS and I see day in day out how stretched our services are. I actively promote safe sex but feel that free condoms from GUM clinics should be stopped. When dealing with hundreds of patients a week you’d be surprised how many females we see who cannot afford basic sanitary products that all women need. I would much rather the funds used to provide free condoms be diverted down this channel to women who actually need the help with basic equipment. As I said don’t shoot me for it because I know first hand how much coin the NHS wastes every day, every week , every month but before complaining that the packs of condoms you get given has reduced in size or you don’t get any at all spare a thought for the people I’ve mentioned in this post.

Agreed

Chester

"We travel to Blackpool clinic, just finished hepb course, sometimes go to club clinic if dates line up or free NHS postal one but that doesn't include throat swab. Never take the free condoms as prefer skyns & we buy in bulk

The clinic in Blackpool is superb. It’s just getting more difficult to see anyone now the drop in services have reduced. I never had an issue. They’re pretty unshockable there and I never once felt uncomfortable with the questions or their advice. "

The nurses are awesome, go out of their way and not at all judgemental we find. They do testing on a Saturday. It's the same nurses that run the free clinic at Infusions on a Friday afternoon once per month. Totally agree with the comment about condoms, we also feel unecessary for us as we can afford our own, why drain the NHS anymore

Totally get the points above about cost, but I believe the benefits outweigh it. The NHS should be universal, free, non-judgemental and deal in preventative measures as well cures (not least because it's cheaper in the long run).

Like people said, you can decline them but, if someone is actively asking for them, they should get them. If someone can't afford sanitary products (which I also think should be available where required) then they can't afford condoms, and human history shows societies don't abstain through lack of access to contraception.

Even if it's just embarrassment stopping someone buying them, and not money, I'd rather they had them.

PS I buy them ha

evesham

"Totally get the points above about cost, but I believe the benefits outweigh it. The NHS should be universal, free, non-judgemental and deal in preventative measures as well cures (not least because it's cheaper in the long run).

Like people said, you can decline them but, if someone is actively asking for them, they should get them. If someone can't afford sanitary products (which I also think should be available where required) then they can't afford condoms, and human history shows societies don't abstain through lack of access to contraception.

Even if it's just embarrassment stopping someone buying them, and not money, I'd rather they had them.

PS I buy them ha "

They did get them. Just as many as they think they should have been given due to their lifestyle choices.

Our local sexual health clinic now mostly uses online tests, it’s really easy and free postage.

Condoms I understand, as they are saving costs and condoms aren’t extortionately expensive.

Chester

"Our local sexual health clinic now mostly uses online tests, it’s really easy and free postage.

Condoms I understand, as they are saving costs and condoms aren’t extortionately expensive. "

NHS postal/online doesn't include throat swab or hepb immunization

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Probably comes down to NHS funding (or lack of).

Did you ask why when they said they could only give out four packs now?

By *uxomBloomsWoman  over a year ago

Near Tunbridge Wells

Can anyone reccomend a clinic in West Kent?

Before I moved I used the one in St Hellier Hospital which was great, completely non-judgemental and very friendly.

"Our local sexual health clinic now mostly uses online tests, it’s really easy and free postage.

Condoms I understand, as they are saving costs and condoms aren’t extortionately expensive.

NHS postal/online doesn't include throat swab or hepb immunization "

No but it does do chlamydia and gonorrhoea. You can still go there if you need other tests.

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

NHS postal/online doesn't include throat swab or hepb immunization "

I use a NHS postal service and I asked for a throat swab and they sent it. It may just depend on the area.

Chester

NHS postal/online doesn't include throat swab or hepb immunization

I use a NHS postal service and I asked for a throat swab and they sent it. It may just depend on the area. "

Ours you request kit online with no options to add

B & M Bargains

Did you ask why when they said they could only give out four packs now?"

I didn’t no, she just said the policy had changed!

Ok I get NHS funding cuts, and thank you to those who say I should buy my own... as I said above I don’t have enough sex to need to and if I did I would! If I go to clubs guys tend to have them and they get used.

I just thought 4 a month wasn’t good when promoting safe sex. What if it was someone who can’t afford them going in who wasn’t a swinger? A young girl trying to be safe with her partner but too nervous to buy them? Seems a rubbish policy to me.

Ok I get NHS funding cuts, and thank you to those who say I should buy my own... as I said above I don’t have enough sex to need to and if I did I would! If I go to clubs guys tend to have them and they get used.

I just thought 4 a month wasn’t good when promoting safe sex. What if it was someone who can’t afford them going in who wasn’t a swinger? A young girl trying to be safe with her partner but too nervous to buy them? Seems a rubbish policy to me."

Young people can get free condoms from pharmacies.

evesham

I just thought 4 a month wasn’t good when promoting safe sex. What if it was someone who can’t afford them going in who wasn’t a swinger? A young girl trying to be safe with her partner but too nervous to buy them? Seems a rubbish policy to me."

How much sex a month warrants buying your own condoms?

4 free a month isn't enough for you is what you said in your op. You don't have to buy mega pack of condoms but if you do they last a while so will spread the cost out for you.

"

That's totally contrary to what you said in your OP. Either 4 isnt enough in which case buy your own, or it is enough in which case no problem.

There are things society definitely needs to improve on, fair distribution of wealth, better wages, less homelessness, less corruption, more sexual education etc

But having sex is a personal choice, one shouldn't expect a limitless supply of free condoms because they want to have sex a lot. Just my opinion.

Confusing OP though.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I've never been offered free condoms and they always look at me with disgust when I said I had sex outside of wedlock. "

How old were they for heavens sake,jesus I'd never have sex ever again if I had to wait to get married.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I just thought 4 a month wasn’t good when promoting safe sex. What if it was someone who can’t afford them going in who wasn’t a swinger? A young girl trying to be safe with her partner but too nervous to buy them? Seems a rubbish policy to me.

Young people can get free condoms from pharmacies."

and school.

hiding from cock pics.

Yes there are a list of chemists on the National Health website that anyone under 25 can go into to get free condoms, morning after pills and pregnancy tests so I believe.

You do get a blood test with the kit I get. There is a tiny bottle that you need to fill up from a finger prick. "

Is this just on the NHS website?

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

Wow op, I am stunned.

Firstly you are awesome, your pics are lovely.

Secondly I have free prescriptions for 5 yrs perhaps I can get condoms for you?

But mainly, I think your swinging days sound amazing, would love to accompany you and watch you be yourself!

Rant is very understandable under the circumstances, so get it off your damm fine chest girl

hiding from cock pics.

You do get a blood test with the kit I get. There is a tiny bottle that you need to fill up from a finger prick.

Is this just on the NHS website?"

Sh24 website nhs run

Near Tunbridge Wells

Is this just on the NHS website?

Sh24 website nhs run"

I just did a test having found out from this post about the Postal NHS kit. Really quick to get to me and well explained but I really struggled to get enough blood for the tube, I used all 3 lancers. I don't bleed quickly!

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

Me & Kim have our free STD tests done every 28 days as we've done for the last 15 yrs, we're amazed they can still do this with the current situation with the NHS.

We are grateful we still get free tests & paying for our own condoms is a small price to pay compared to the £150-£250 some private clinics charge in London & Manchester for full tests.

They can no longer afford the big bags of condoms they once supplied because of government cut backs, local authorities work hard just to carry on a testing let alone supply a never ending supply of condoms.

Where are people buying the bulk packs? Saying that do they have long expiration dates

"Where are people buying the bulk packs? Saying that do they have long expiration dates "

The condoms I buy have at least 5yrs dates on them i buy mine from Amazon x

Near Tunbridge Wells

I buy my condoms from EBay, they're not cheep though as they are latex free and really thin and strong. "Unique" by passante.

Thanks I might order a twin pack just in case I get a live one that wants two rounds.

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

"Where are people buying the bulk packs? Saying that do they have long expiration dates "

Try the freedoms shop website, it's NHS run. They have quite a range of different ones and some of them only a tenner for 72.

» Add a new message to this topic