FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > DC vs Marvel

DC vs Marvel

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Yes, it's another geek thread from yours truly!

I've always been a Marvel boy with the odd exception (the dark Knight, Watchmen, Death of Superman) and I adore the MCU.

What are your thoughts though on the current state of play between these old powerhouses of comics and film based superhero shenanigans?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Marvel is absolutely destroying DC critically and financially right now and probably will be. DC has always been one step behind Marvel (Disney's Marvel anyway) and unsuccessfully apes their films.

That's just cinema, what the comic books are looking like I do not know anymore.

Marvel is the best

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Marvel will always be my first love, but I am really liking the new DC stuff coming out.

Bit of healthy competition can't be a bad thing, with Stan now gone I think there may be a change to the Marvel format too.

Have to agree that Marvel is the best

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

DC was always by far the best comics wise when I was younger, Marvel seem to come across better in the films though.

By *wingfellowMan  over a year ago

my own little sanctuary

Marvel for sure, just love the whole universe and always loved Stan’s cameo appearances bless his soul

"Yes, it's another geek thread from yours truly!

I've always been a Marvel boy with the odd exception (the dark Knight, Watchmen, Death of Superman) and I adore the MCU.

What are your thoughts though on the current state of play between these old powerhouses of comics and film based superhero shenanigans? "

I find marvel more entertaining and shallow, dc more storyline and deeper. Love them both.

Manchester (he/him)

"Marvel will always be my first love, but I am really liking the new DC stuff coming out.

Bit of healthy competition can't be a bad thing, with Stan now gone I think there may be a change to the Marvel format too. "

I just can't get into DC films, I really enjoyed the first 1 1/2 hours of Batman v Superman, I thought they had the distrust between them right but then it just went ridiculous!

Hiding in the shadows

"Marvel will always be my first love, but I am really liking the new DC stuff coming out.

Bit of healthy competition can't be a bad thing, with Stan now gone I think there may be a change to the Marvel format too.

I just can't get into DC films, I really enjoyed the first 1 1/2 hours of Batman v Superman, I thought they had the distrust between them right but then it just went ridiculous! "

I've enjoyed the Dark Knight filmd.

And lusting over Wonder Woman

Hiding in the shadows

I just can't get into DC films, I really enjoyed the first 1 1/2 hours of Batman v Superman, I thought they had the distrust between them right but then it just went ridiculous! "

I've enjoyed the Dark Knight films.

And lusting over Wonder Woman

Manchester (he/him)

I just can't get into DC films, I really enjoyed the first 1 1/2 hours of Batman v Superman, I thought they had the distrust between them right but then it just went ridiculous!

I've enjoyed the Dark Knight films.

And lusting over Wonder Woman "

I'm actually in the middle of watching them at this very moment and yes Gil Gadot is beautiful!

Manchester (he/him)

What are your thoughts though on the current state of play between these old powerhouses of comics and film based superhero shenanigans?

I find marvel more entertaining and shallow, dc more storyline and deeper. Love them both. "

I agree with you to a certain point, the Frank Miller books for DC are definitely very deep and dark.

What are your thoughts though on the current state of play between these old powerhouses of comics and film based superhero shenanigans? "

As far as film and tv Marvel has stomped all over DC but Gotham seems to have been their saving grace for me.

By *uriousgeorge82Man  over a year ago

exmouth

As much as i love batman etc its gotta be marvel hands down

Got to be marvel for me, though I did enjoy the batman vs superman film x

Marvel, no question

P

Whichever one does Deadpool..

Manchester (he/him)

"Marvel, no question

P "

Good stuff (right answer)

I knew there was a reason I liked you

Manchester (he/him)

"Got to be marvel for me, though I did enjoy the batman vs superman film x "

You didn't think the ending was lame with them just throwing Doomsday in there?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Love them both. Unashamedly I think DC is an easy target for ridicule but agreed with a poster above - Gotham is amazing as one example. Also, the new Batwoman?

By *uriousgeorge82Man  over a year ago

exmouth

"Whichever one does Deadpool.. "

That be marvel

Marvel for sure...going to miss Stan not being in them now tho

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Definitely Marvel.

Although Venom really should have gone down the 'R' rated route as per Deadpool. It had so much scope to be better but was ruined due to an apparent need t be seen by kids.

Meh.......

A

Manchester (he/him)

"Definitely Marvel.

Although Venom really should have gone down the 'R' rated route as per Deadpool. It had so much scope to be better but was ruined due to an apparent need t be seen by kids.

Meh.......

A"

I haven't seen it yet, but then I've got a big problem with how Sony treat the spiderman franchise anyway!

Personally I think Disney should buy it all back from Sony and X-men from fox

Well I always grew up in marvel and I think I will always prefer marvel I love the films and agents of shield

However hmmm

Dc I like the dark nature and the batman films have been amazing and the films except batman v superman crap are better when snieder ain’t making em like wonder woman

I think I do prefer the gritty tv shows of dc and that’s the saving grace as marvel has dominated the films. Dc tv has Gotham, the arrow, and just watched titans which is amazing

So now hmmm am torn I love marvel especially movies and comics yet love dc tv shows m.... however the overall winner is marve

Marvel is head and shoulders above DC, I think DC need to go back to the drawing board as justice league isn't on the same level as avengers

DC series are pretty good lately I think they need to improve in the movie scene but maybe the new aquaman and the new batman might pull it out of the bag

Manchester (he/him)

"DC series are pretty good lately I think they need to improve in the movie scene but maybe the new aquaman and the new batman might pull it out of the bag "

I think the tone of Aquaman looks better but really... Aquaman?

By *hesexpeopleCouple  over a year ago

s wales

I find marvel more entertaining and shallow, dc more storyline and deeper. Love them both. "

Yep completely agree with that.

Marvel is for familys dc for adults

Manchester (he/him)

"Marvel is for familys dc for adults"

Ouch!

I'm not sure I agree with you regarding the films released by DC so far...

RIP Stan Lee

Marvel all the way

I've always gravitated more to Marvel than DC. Mainly due to the XMen comics.

Lets remember that it's only recently that the Marvel films have been good (who can remember the old Howard the duck film?)

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

Not sure so lets go for the ones with the tightest outfits.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Marvel for me.

The Nolan Batman films with Christian Bale were superb, I liked WonderWoman but the Batman v Superman movie was so bad I walked out

The avengers/guardians/dead pool/Thor/iron man/Captain America/Black Panther/Spider-Man movies have been superb.

"I've always gravitated more to Marvel than DC. Mainly due to the XMen comics.

Lets remember that it's only recently that the Marvel films have been good (who can remember the old Howard the duck film?)"

Howard the duck was amazing so wrong and yet so funny, I’ve been trying find copy

Yeah till iron man marvel kinda sucked they did well with xmen but that wobbled by 3rd

The reboot saved marvel

"I've always gravitated more to Marvel than DC. Mainly due to the XMen comics.

Lets remember that it's only recently that the Marvel films have been good (who can remember the old Howard the duck film?)"

Doesn’t it have ducks with boobs??

By *izzmasterzeroMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I dunno anymore, years ago the odd superhero movie was pretty cool but now it seems that marvel are just spitting out movies and series at a ridiculous rate, introducing every failed lesser known hero to the screen and everything's the same, go see a new marvel movie and it's the same as the last marvel movie you saw. DC are just doing the same thing at a slower rate, although I do like the darkness of DC compared to marvel, marvel seems to be more aimed at children, DC comics can be dark and brutal

Aqua man? Why?

And I thought Black panther was a waste of time, worst character ever. (Probably not).

But, I love how they’ve brought the universes of comics to life in film, and we’ve accepted it all. And it’s good, genuinely some of the best films out there.

Keep them coming I say, but DC has to up their game. Marvel are pleasing films, but DC are a pain to watch. (Suicide squad the exception. )

"Whichever one does Deadpool.. "

Yeah that one.

(Remind me what DC is again)

Love them all! Can't be choosing between the two... noooo way! The Avengers was bloody amazing. Looking forward to seeing the next one. All of them have great entertainment value.

Don’t like the new batman the superman films were good but Marvel just tend to do a better film Deadpool absolute gem and 2

"Whichever one does Deadpool..

Yeah that one.

(Remind me what DC is again) "

DCmake the Flash. Which I think is one of the best super hero series.

» Add a new message to this topic