FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cellulite

Cellulite

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xplorer13 OP   Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

Why do women suffer but men don't? Is it a DNA thing? Seems strange

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't have mentioned it... Brave man.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Cellulite is generally thought to be a condition more frequently found in women and there is some truth to this. The female hormone estrogen secreted by the ovaries stimulates the storage of subcutaneous fat. With much lower levels of circulating estrogen, men generally have a much thinner layer of subcutaneous fat and, therefore, less tendency to show cellulite. The prominent hormone circulating in men is testosterone, which stimulates the production of proteins. Because of this, men tend to have more dense layers of protein-rich connective tissue within their skin, leading to an overall thicker skin layer. This also reduces the tendency to develop cellulite.

From livestrong website. I'd guess with more estrogen in our food and water supply the number of men with cellulite may increase. Not a Dr though just incase anyone feels the need to discect this claim.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Why do women suffer but men don't? Is it a DNA thing? Seems strange"

About 10‰ do according to my quick Google search.

I'd say men suffer mine more. It's not me who has to look at it

I dunno.

Can bring an iron to try and smooth it out.

Like the filters used on some ladies pics. They bloody good at photoshop

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

"I'd say men suffer mine more. It's not me who has to look at it "

But heaven help a man who ever mentions it!

For any woman - not just Saint Knickerless. Although none to be seen in that pic

V x

"I'd say men suffer mine more. It's not me who has to look at it

For any woman - not just Saint Knickerless. Although none to be seen in that pic

V x"

You should see the ones that get binned! I don't care anywhere near as much as I used to over a bit of cellulite, stretch marks etc. I'm quite enjoying getting older and learning to just embrace it all.

V x

You should see the ones that get binned! I don't care anywhere near as much as I used to over a bit of cellulite, stretch marks etc. I'm quite enjoying getting older and learning to just embrace it all."

. Definitely. I’ve never had cellulite for some reason but have a few stretch marks. Used to bother me but they don’t anymore x

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

V x

You should see the ones that get binned! I don't care anywhere near as much as I used to over a bit of cellulite, stretch marks etc. I'm quite enjoying getting older and learning to just embrace it all.

. Definitely. I’ve never had cellulite for some reason but have a few stretch marks. Used to bother me but they don’t anymore x "

I am the work of a she-devil or just so so lucky but I dont have any stretch marks or cellulite.

V x

. Definitely. I’ve never had cellulite for some reason but have a few stretch marks. Used to bother me but they don’t anymore x

I am the work of a she-devil or just so so lucky but I dont have any stretch marks or cellulite. "

Do you have kids though?

V x

I am the work of a she-devil or just so so lucky but I dont have any stretch marks or cellulite.

Do you have kids though?"

Yes I do

V x

Do you have kids though?

Yes I do "

Biatch. That’s all I have to say

V x

Do you have kids though?

Yes I do "

I'd love to blame my dodgy bits on having a kid but the half tub of Ben & Jerry's I just ate would call me a liar !

V x

Do you have kids though?

Yes I do

I'd love to blame my dodgy bits on having a kid but the half tub of Ben & Jerry's I just ate would call me a liar ! "

Haha yep I’m with you there!

V x

Do you have kids though?

Yes I do

I'd love to blame my dodgy bits on having a kid but the half tub of Ben & Jerry's I just ate would call me a liar ! "

So naughty but just so bloody nice

» Add a new message to this topic