FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Help in the kitchen please

Help in the kitchen please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *o Peep n Woody OP   Couple  over a year ago

suffolk

Its time to start cooking proper meals again

been living on junk and processed food for too long, especially over christmas.

First on the menu tonight is Pork Chops

BUT, how do you cook yours??

Mine always end up dry and tasteless so ideas please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

if they are dry when you aregrilling them you are doing them for too long on too high a heat

What type of chops are they?

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

you can cook in a slow cooker,but i do mine in the oven with a tiny bit of water in the bottom of the dish,cover with foil and cook slowly on a low heat for about hour and a half to two hours,they fall apart then

suffolk

"if they are dry when you aregrilling them you are doing them for too long on too high a heat

What type of chops are they?"

Middle Loin Chops with bone in

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dust the chops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, cayenne, anything you want really. Shake off excess and then pop them into a pan with medium hot oil and a bit of butter in (the butter adds colour and flavour) fry for about 2-4 mins each side depending on the thickness. That's it!

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"you can cook in a slow cooker,but i do mine in the oven with a tiny bit of water in the bottom of the dish,cover with foil and cook slowly on a low heat for about hour and a half to two hours,they fall apart then"

I second this method

Or I give them to my husband and leave him in the kitchen

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

"you can cook in a slow cooker,but i do mine in the oven with a tiny bit of water in the bottom of the dish,cover with foil and cook slowly on a low heat for about hour and a half to two hours,they fall apart then"

I do this with any meat i'm cooking. Always a lower temperature and longer time.

"Its time to start cooking proper meals again

Mine always end up dry and tasteless so ideas please "

Grill under a hot grill, then top with thinly sliced apple and cheese and put under grill again until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Or cook in hot frying pan, watch till cooked almost 3/4 of the way through before turning and cooking the last third (you can tell how it is cooking by the change in colour up the side of the chop...by turning and turning you lose this clue. Also remember to leave to rest for 5 mins once cooked...this will stop all the juices flowing out when you cut it.

I am available to come round a teach too LOL

suffolk

"Dust the chops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, cayenne, anything you want really. Shake off excess and then pop them into a pan with medium hot oil and a bit of butter in (the butter adds colour and flavour) fry for about 2-4 mins each side depending on the thickness. That's it! "

Now that sounds yummy

hexham

"if they are dry when you aregrilling them you are doing them for too long on too high a heat

Middle Loin Chops with bone in "

yummy

how about pan fried with apples...googling as i tpeto find my fave recipe...

make parcels with tin foil and put in a little sageoil and do them in the oven at about 180 degrees c for about 45-60 mins open the parcels for the last 5 mins to brown off serve with crushed new spud and garden veg

ps this is garrys idea

Middle Loin Chops with bone in

yummy

jp likes her bone in lol how about pan fried with apples...googling as i tpeto find my fave recipe..."

hexham

found one...i cant write recipies cos i just cook, drives kev mad when he asks me how to make something

For the pork, rub half the olive oil into the chops and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the remaining oil and the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat then place the chops in the pan along with the wedges of apple and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden-brown underneath.

Turn the chops and apple wedges over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.

Add the sage leaves, fry for another 1-2 minutes, then increase the heat to high. Pour in the cider and boil for a minute or two to reduce slightly, then pour in the cream and boil for one more minute, or until the sauce thickens slightly and the pork is cooked through. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.

Can be done without thecream

"Dust the chops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, cayenne, anything you want really. Shake off excess and then pop them into a pan with medium hot oil and a bit of butter in (the butter adds colour and flavour) fry for about 2-4 mins each side depending on the thickness. That's it!

Now that sounds yummy "

Very quick and easy to keep an eye on, always let meat rest for a few minutes before serving so all the juices are sucked back in and the meat 'relaxes' I use dried mustard powder instead of cayenne sometimes. A few boiled new potatoes with that, some steamed green beans and you have a really nice meal.

By *ockinafrockCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Dust the chops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, cayenne, anything you want really. Shake off excess and then pop them into a pan with medium hot oil and a bit of butter in (the butter adds colour and flavour) fry for about 2-4 mins each side depending on the thickness. That's it!

Now that sounds yummy "

I agree too...we all have cheese lying around after New Year and the odd apple. Have it with a bit of mash with black pudding & apple through it..mmmmm

suffolk

"found one...i cant write recipies cos i just cook, drives kev mad when he asks me how to make something

For the pork, rub half the olive oil into the chops and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the remaining oil and the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat then place the chops in the pan along with the wedges of apple and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden-brown underneath.

Turn the chops and apple wedges over and cook for another 2-3 minutes.

Add the sage leaves, fry for another 1-2 minutes, then increase the heat to high. Pour in the cider and boil for a minute or two to reduce slightly, then pour in the cream and boil for one more minute, or until the sauce thickens slightly and the pork is cooked through. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.

Can be done without thecream "

Also sounds yummy but the cream has to go

suffolk

Now that sounds yummy

Very quick and easy to keep an eye on, always let meat rest for a few minutes before serving so all the juices are sucked back in and the meat 'relaxes' I use dried mustard powder instead of cayenne sometimes. A few boiled new potatoes with that, some steamed green beans and you have a really nice meal. "

I am going to try this one tonight

thanks

x

Let us know how you get on. Bon Appetite.

By *inkershoes69Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

oh god ive cum!!!!!it all sounds lovely

Best dinner ever for me tonight, my son has made minestrone soup and garlic and basil oil bread ...... Handy having a chef in the family.

I seal my meat in a hot pan, cook some bacon in the same pan then add a large cooking apple, a red onion, the meat and 500ml of vintage cider. Bring to the boil and simmer on a medium until meat is fully cooked. Add fresh chopped herbs and double cream. Warm through and serve x

Boil in milk till hot through...say 5 mins... Remove and press dry on kitchen roll.

Heat 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil. Add crushed garlic, fine sliced onion to oil. Possibly a small piece of butter.

As onions soften add a handfull of chopped mushrooms. Fry till golden.

Lift out mushrooms, onion and garlic out of oil.

Brown both sides of the chop.

Now:

Fold a piece of aluminium foil in half. This sheet will be wrapped to make a loose parcel around chop.

Place chop in middle of foil and fold up around it... Crimp sides to make water tight(ish).

Pour half small pot of single cream, mushroom, onion/ garlic and juices from frypan on top of chop. Add fresh or dry tarragon.

Seal top of foil package high over chop.

Place on tray in middle of hot oven... Say 200 degrees for 25 minutes.

Prep. Rice, potatoes, veg or salad.

Plate up foil package in middle with other stuff around. Part of the fun is opening your own parcel.

Drink what You prefer with it...

Enjoy Pork in cream and tarragon.... Yum.

I fry mine with onions and garlic untill lightly browned on both sides.

Mmmmmm,pork chops,Drooooool!

By *ouplefunukCouple  over a year ago

North Bristol

I fry mine in a frying pan (duh lol) covered in mango chutney. High heat for about 3-5 mins on each side.

Yummy

*Her*

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

I do mine in slow cooker....dry or with a little stock....

Kitchen?

Is that room with the big magic box that keeps beer cold....lol.

Mango chutney?

I like mango chutney.

I love pork chops.....will have to give them both together a try I think.mmmm

Instead of pork chop, I prefer boneless shoulder steak as it is less dry and tastier IMHO.

If I were to cook a pork chop, I would pan-fry it, and make some sort of sauce to go with it.

One of my favourite is to fry some garlic, ginger and onion, then add a tin of Campbell's (now Bachelor's) cream of tomato soup to it, then some frozen peas and cooked until the peas are just done.

Served with rice to soak up the sauce.

suffolk

Well, must say that the Pork chops were much tastier tonight, thanks Laine x

Off to the shops to buy up all the pork chops to try all the other orgasmic recipes

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

Should have invited us round, A cooks a mean pork chop

"Dust the chops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, cayenne, anything you want really. Shake off excess and then pop them into a pan with medium hot oil and a bit of butter in (the butter adds colour and flavour) fry for about 2-4 mins each side depending on the thickness. That's it! "

No!!!!! Don't fry, grill so much healthier along with some steamed fresh veg ...... yummy

No!!!!! Don't fry, grill so much healthier along with some steamed fresh veg ...... yummy "

I'm Scottish,so frying is the healthy option for me as opposed to..............deep frying!

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

top tip with chicken

when you next cook it

dip it in egg then cornflour

fry it not too much

comes out like chinese soft and moist

No!!!!! Don't fry, grill so much healthier along with some steamed fresh veg ...... yummy "

I have a ridged griddle pan to do mine, or a non-stick pan is good too. I find grilling tends to dry the meat.

I brown in a hot pan for three minutes both side.

Remove and place on kitchen towel to absorb oil.

Roughly chop a sweet pepper, removing seed.

Roughly chop red onion, a little root ginger, three cloves of garlic, lemon thyme and a small chilli, removing seeds.

Place pork and get in caserole dish, drizzle with three table spoons of clear honey and glass of dry white wine, cover and place in middle if oven, 180 degrees for 90 minutes.

"Its time to start cooking proper meals again

Mine always end up dry and tasteless so ideas please "

Try foil wrapping them with some butter and herbs etc

" Try foil wrapping them with some butter and herbs etc "

...and just how am I going to be able to enjoy a good Furtle if I wrap em in foil...?

I fancy a bit of french stick.

» Add a new message to this topic