FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Unread messages

Unread messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illen5 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bath

I'm noticing a recent trend of unread messages. Sometimes they'll look at my profile and choose to show the message as unread.

Convention is to delete the message, which speaks volumes.

Too many to read?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm noticing a recent trend of unread messages. Sometimes they'll look at my profile and choose to show the message as unread.

Too many to read?

"

Its Christmas

Women are busy

Making giblet gravy for their menfolk

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I do it as come back to later (although don't always). An unread message is, for me, part of my maybe pile.

"I'm noticing a recent trend of unread messages. Sometimes they'll look at my profile and choose to show the message as unread.

Too many to read?

"

don't worry about what's gone before relish what's ahead

Bath

"I do it as come back to later (although don't always). An unread message is, for me, part of my maybe pile. "

Ah, the maybe pile. I'll go with that. Until it becomes unmanageable.

I honestly don't understand why people get so hung up on this. Whether it's read/unread/deleted the outcome is the same.

If they want to reply they will. Surely that's all that matters?

"I do it as come back to later (although don't always). An unread message is, for me, part of my maybe pile. "

Yes, there's hope for me yet you did say the maybe pile, yes..?

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I honestly don't understand why people get so hung up on this. Whether it's read/unread/deleted the outcome is the same.

If they want to reply they will. Surely that's all that matters? "

This

Rather than worrying about it OP why not delete the sent message once you've sent it and then if you get a response it's a nice surprise/bonus?

"I honestly don't understand why people get so hung up on this. Whether it's read/unread/deleted the outcome is the same.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Too many to read?

"

It's all about dealing with rejection in my opinion. If they've looked and not replied then you're not for them. If you don't elicit the 'ooh I want to talk to them' response then there's little point in chatting.

If someone messaged you that you weren't interested in OP, then I can't imagine that you would invest time in communication.

Just chalk it up to 'no thanks' and move on to someone who is interested.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

Everyone uses their mailbox differently, so there's no one true answer to your question OP.

My mail is heavily filtered, so I don't get hundreds of messages a day... In fact most days I might only get 10 (Sunday is an exception as lots of people seem to want to tell me how horny and hungover they are on Sunday mornings). Yet even I prioritise mail...

1. Friends I'm already having conversations with - read first and reply ASAP.

2. Forum thread-related mail - read next, reply if necessary.

3. That rarest of rares... The witty and interesting introductory mail from someone new. Read it, swoon over it, print it out, frame it and hold it as a standard of how all communication should be made. Do a little giddy happy clappy dance while saying 'there may be hope for Fab yet'... And then reply... Followed by checking your mailbox on the hour to see if he has responded.

4. Mail from people I've previously chatted with, but contact is irregular - this falls into 2 categories... A) read and reply out of politeness, but know an actual conversation is unlikely or B) If from past experience I know the conversation feels like pulling teeth and will just generally bore me to tears... Don't read (unless I'm feeling morbidly curious), and don't reply... No point in prolonging the pain.

5. Terrible messages from new folk. Read... Take a quick look at their profile and gauge how they may react to rejection... Then

A) Reply and politely decline or

B) Don't reply because its likely you'll get abuse for saying no.

See OP? Clear as mud

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Delete your messages in sent box, you won't have to worry then OP. X

Most messages (mine) don't get a response. Fuck it.

When someone takes the time and says 'sorry not my type', then that's always a good thing in my eyes.

We live and we learn

Too many to read?

"

I leave my messages unread if I intend replying to it later in the day, I look at profiles in stealth mode as the last thing I want is loads of messages from people saying I see you looked at my profile etc.

Seeing as you mentioned your profile you’re clearly aware that it’s off putting?

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Too many to read?

Its Christmas

Women are busy

Making giblet gravy for their menfolk"

Jasus. Your always making goblet gravy

Mine were unread deleted given up checking now

By *eavensScentCouple  over a year ago

Southend

Too many to read?

don't worry about what's gone before relish what's ahead "

Amen to that!

just delete unread ones , then if they get back to you one day its a nice surprise

"Everyone uses their mailbox differently, so there's no one true answer to your question OP.

My mail is heavily filtered, so I don't get hundreds of messages a day... In fact most days I might only get 10 (Sunday is an exception as lots of people seem to want to tell me how horny and hungover they are on Sunday mornings). Yet even I prioritise mail...

3. That rarest of rares... The witty and interesting introductory mail from someone new. Read it, swoon over it, print it out, frame it and hold it as a standard of how all communication should be made. Do a little giddy happy clappy dance while saying 'there may be hope for Fab yet'... And then reply... Followed by checking your mailbox on the hour to see if he has responded.

4. Mail from people I've previously chatted with, but contact is irregular - this falls into 2 categories... A) read and reply out of politeness, but know an actual conversation is unlikely or B) If from past experience I know the conversation feels like pulling teeth and will just generally bore me to tears... Don't read (unless I'm feeling morbidly curious), and don't reply... No point in prolonging the pain.

5. Terrible messages from new folk. Read... Take a quick look at their profile and gauge how they may react to rejection... Then

See OP? Clear as mud "

100% spot on!! good job

Bath

Once we've mooched through the search and search near me, then scanned the updates, noticed the fabbed pics from bisexuals, there's little else to do, bar looking at sent messages, deleted ones in particular, removing pics and making a note to not darken their door again.

Which leaves browsing the forums.

Now if there wasnt such a gulf between the thoughts of men and women, we could concentrate our efforts on replying to the numerous messages,picking the cream of the crop and saying "sorry not my type" to the rest. Easy

Too many to read?

"

It makes me cry in to my pillow at night

Bath

[Removed by poster at 10/12/18 12:59:28]

Too many to read?

Its Christmas

Women are busy

Jasus. Your always making goblet gravy"

Its my signature dish

Bath

"

I prioritise mail...

1. Friends I'm already having conversations with

2. Forum thread-related mail

4. Mail from people I've previously chatted with

5. Terrible messages from new folk.

100% spot on!! good job "

Excellent views. Its the hope of a number 3 response which keeps us coming back.

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Too many to read?

Its Christmas

Women are busy

Jasus. Your always making goblet gravy

Its my signature dish"

Where can one buy it I’m sure many of us would like to get our mouths around it and taste

If they want to reply they will. Surely that's all that matters?

Once we've mooched through the search and search near me, then scanned the updates, noticed the fabbed pics from bisexuals, there's little else to do, bar looking at sent messages, deleted ones in particular, removing pics and making a note to not darken their door again.

Which leaves browsing the forums.

Now if there wasnt such a gulf between the thoughts of men and women, we could concentrate our efforts on replying to the numerous messages,picking the cream of the crop and saying "sorry not my type" to the rest. Easy "

I currently have 181 unread messages

Say 1-2 minutes per reply(including clicking back and forward my phones not the fastest)

That's between 3 and 6 hours(I hope maths isn't my forte)

[Removed by poster at 10/12/18 13:07:08]

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I don't get it either.

"Everyone uses their mailbox differently, so there's no one true answer to your question OP.

See OP? Clear as mud "

Exactly this!

» Add a new message to this topic