FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dilemma

Dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

The alarm doesn’t go off, you wake up and realise you’ve over slept, you have just enough time to get to work if you dress quickly no shower or breakfast.

Today’s a very important day, there is a critical meeting with your boss and a prospective big client you have been working with for months, today is the day they will sign that big contract you’ve been working on, you gather the necessary paperwork and rush out..

Half way to work you realise you have left your front door unlocked .....

What do you do???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Panic

Brush my teeth

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

My doors automatically locks when it shuts

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Call a friend and ask them to go and lock it.

Keep driving, no one is getting into my house with my 56kg German Shepherd at home.

"Call a friend and ask them to go and lock it. "

west here ford shire

You married a petit German shepherdess?

west here ford shire

"You married a petit German shepherdess?"
named ingrid?

surely once a front door is shut ,its shut ..............even if its not locked you cant usually open a front door from the outside without a key

i dont understand

west here ford shire

Mine doesn’t you have to lock it, and it’s less than a year old

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Mine doesn’t you have to lock it, and it’s less than a year old "

Ours is about three years old and tje fitter gave us a choice to have it locking when it shut or not. We chose to have it locking.

By *allSteveMan  over a year ago

Poole

Hypothetically speaking if it was that important a deal I wouldn't give a shit about my front door being unlocked. Too many people get attached to material things. Who gives a fuck

I'd leave it. What are the chances of a burglar just happening to try your door that day? It's worth the risk.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hypothetically speaking if it was that important a deal I wouldn't give a shit about my front door being unlocked. Too many people get attached to material things. Who gives a fuck"

If a person wasn't attached to material things they wouldn't be bothered about the deal.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

The chances of someone trying my door are slim to nil, there aren't any burglaries in my area. I'd go to work and not really worry about it, and go home when I get the chance.

Poole

"Hypothetically speaking if it was that important a deal I wouldn't give a shit about my front door being unlocked. Too many people get attached to material things. Who gives a fuck

If a person wasn't attached to material things they wouldn't be bothered about the deal."

Material things e.g. possessions.

The only things that would bother me if stolen would be pictures of my kids. Everything else is replaceable

I would just leave it partly because my house is slightly set back and the door is round the back of the house so I don't think there would be many opportunists. Actually I don't think that many people try people's front doors anyway. I think you'd have to be very unlucky that on the one day you didn't lock your front door was the day that an opportunist tried it. Having said that I would be on edge all day and would want to get back to check at the earliest opportunity.

Ring my neighbour who has a spare key to go and lock it for me.

west here ford shire

"Ring my neighbour who has a spare key to go and lock it for me. "

He’s on holiday in Bahamas

Poole

Anyway I think my huskies would rip the poor bastards to shreds

By *rtmarshMan  over a year ago

Stewarton

"Keep driving, no one is getting into my house with my 56kg German Shepherd at home."

By *rtmarshMan  over a year ago

Stewarton

"Keep driving, no one is getting into my house with my 56kg German Shepherd at home."

The best intruder alarms ever

By *imandher84Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Realise I'm a Gardener also realise i generally start what time i choose then further realise it's winter so I'm technically in hibernation and sod off home to put the kettle on

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Ring my boss, explain the situation, turn back, lock my door, get to work unflustered an not distracted thinking some reprobate is heloing themselves to my stuff, seal the deal the fuck off home for a much needed gin

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hypothetically speaking if it was that important a deal I wouldn't give a shit about my front door being unlocked. Too many people get attached to material things. Who gives a fuck

If a person wasn't attached to material things they wouldn't be bothered about the deal.

The only things that would bother me if stolen would be pictures of my kids. Everything else is replaceable "

I think you underestimate the effect of being burgled on many people.

evesham

"Keep driving, no one is getting into my house with my 56kg German Shepherd at home.

The best intruder alarms ever"

Unless the burglar is armed with meat

evesham

"Hypothetically speaking if it was that important a deal I wouldn't give a shit about my front door being unlocked. Too many people get attached to material things. Who gives a fuck"

You put your job above your possessions? They'll replace you in a heart beat.

Poole

The only things that would bother me if stolen would be pictures of my kids. Everything else is replaceable

I think you underestimate the effect of being burgled on many people."

That a totally different question. OP question was what you personally would do and as I dont get emotionally attached to material things it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Plus my 3 huskies would think it's dinner time. Ever entered a huskies domain as a stranger?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think you underestimate the effect of being burgled on many people.

That a totally different question. OP question was what you personally would do and as I dont get emotionally attached to material things it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Plus my 3 huskies would think it's dinner time. Ever entered a huskies domain as a stranger?"

No but that also is a totally different question.

My door is rarely locked, half of the time it’s not even closed. Lost count of how many times I’ve complained to my kids that I’m paying to heat the street. I’d leave the door, but I’d be concerned having not showered and looking like I’d been dragged through a hedge backwards for my meeting.

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"The alarm doesn’t go off, you wake up and realise you’ve over slept, you have just enough time to get to work if you dress quickly no shower or breakfast.

Today’s a very important day, there is a critical meeting with your boss and a prospective big client you have been working with for months, today is the day they will sign that big contract you’ve been working on, you gather the necessary paperwork and rush out..

Half way to work you realise you have left your front door unlocked .....

What do you do???"

Carry on, someone else will lock it!

"Mine doesn’t you have to lock it, and it’s less than a year old "

Get the company who fitted it and change it to locked when shut.

Try hide a spare key in garden somewhere .wrap in little coin bag or cling film to protect from damp ..

» Add a new message to this topic