FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Too Honest

Too Honest

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can you be too honest on here, I am always honest but as soon as I ask honest questions like where are you when can you meet can we swop pics a awful lot of people just disappear.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

Possibly the people see the questions as you being pushy?

I dunno. Just guessing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you sent me those three questions I’d probably just ignore them all

Depends how long before you ask them such questions, if it's within two messages, that's quick,,and I would also run...

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

Yeah if someone asked me those questions fairly early on I’d be off too

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Can you be too honest on here, I am always honest but as soon as I ask honest questions like where are you when can you meet can we swop pics a awful lot of people just disappear. "

I would disappear as well to be honest.

"Can you be too honest on here, I am always honest but as soon as I ask honest questions like where are you when can you meet can we swop pics a awful lot of people just disappear.

I would disappear as well to be honest. "

Omg. Dying. Too funny!!!!

Yep I would ignore ... delete and maybe block lol

Nothing wrong with being honest, not enough of it in my opinion.

However those questions would have me doing the "talk to the hand" gesture. Sounds pushy and I'd go into auto-defence mechanism.

P x

"Can you be too honest on here, I am always honest but as soon as I ask honest questions like where are you when can you meet can we swop pics a awful lot of people just disappear. "

I don’t see the issue there as being too honest.

It’s more a case of asking for disclosure that the other person may not feel comfortable providing either at all (you don’t have to know where they are to arrange a meet, for example) or yet, and often as a matter of safety not just discretion. Or it can be the manner in which the questions were asked felt uncomfortable or off, which gave rise to further concern. Or perhaps the person isn’t really into meeting and was happy to talk but didn’t want more and didn’t want to explain that.

Those aren’t “honest” questions OP, they’re just questions. And it’s not dishonest to not want to answer them.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Yeah if someone asked me those questions fairly early on I’d be off too"

Same here, it all depends how quickly you ask, within a few messages, I would also be off!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I thik those questions would make me a little uncomfortable OP, particularly if they were asked as soon as we started chatting.

By *yvanwy black wild childTV/TS  over a year ago

Northwich

I've been brought up to be honest with every one in my none fab life and I am all ways honest on here after all honesty is the best policy u start to lie then the lie just gets bigger x

Everything I say is a lie.

Perhaps they just don't want to answer your line of questioning.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"I thik those questions would make me a little uncomfortable OP, particularly if they were asked as soon as we started chatting. "

I’ve had all of them as first messages before

I'd be uncomfortable if those questions were asked too soon. That should come up naturally in conversation, if you have to ask, maybe they're not that interested.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Casual sex tends to be more fantasy based. It's why strangers are more appealing, because you know nothing about them except they might be sexually compatible.

Thing is men tend to approach it in a way where they want their fantasies being pandered to and women tend to approach it in a way where they aren't being used sexually. this makes for non-compatiblilty.

Yes everyone is looking for sexual compatibility and to use strangers for sex but don't be so blatant about it and make it feel like you're booking someone for a sex meet...

"Casual sex tends to be more fantasy based. It's why strangers are more appealing, because you know nothing about them except they might be sexually compatible.

Thing is men tend to approach it in a way where they want their fantasies being pandered to and women tend to approach it in a way where they aren't being used sexually. this makes for non-compatiblilty.

Yes everyone is looking for sexual compatibility and to use strangers for sex but don't be so blatant about it and make it feel like you're booking someone for a sex meet...

"

By *allSteveMan  over a year ago

Poole

"Casual sex tends to be more fantasy based. It's why strangers are more appealing, because you know nothing about them except they might be sexually compatible.

"

Great outlook

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I don't see it as pushy.

See it as a sift to sort the people who actually want to meet from the people who just want to chat.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Honesty is perfect. The style of communication is key and ultimately some people assume that a chat equals an early meet appointment, when it may be a little premature.

Don't equate a single guys difficulty getting a meet with something that may be nothing more than this

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Asking to swap pics is the big no no. I know it’s not blind date but it puts most people off.

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

The art of wooing

When ppl ask me where I am, I always reply 'in my dacia' they usually block me afterwards.

Don't understand why

I've recieved messages along those lines from both couples and single ladies (and the Fab-straight contingent of course) before. Whilst it doesn't push my buttons, these folk have had veris for the most part, so I guess it works for them at least some of the time. Although the forumites tend to forget that a lot of the rest of the larger part of Fab that is not in the forum lounge don't want wooing. That said... if anyone doesn't find you appealing in some way initially then it isn't likely that any amount of wordplay will change their mind.

By *aturedisgracefully!!Couple  over a year ago

Leicester

"I've been brought up to be honest with every one in my none fab life and I am all ways honest on here after all honesty is the best policy u start to lie then the lie just gets bigger x"

A very fair comment. It isn't about being 'too honest', just about being totally honest.

People are or aren't we know that, but it is so surprising just how many people on here have what we call 'selective honesty'.

Just an observation.

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Op -you do realise this is not a shopping cart on Amazon -you need to have a bit of banter to establish a connection before you pull out a "Rainman" list of requisite questions you expect answered

By *mber DextrousWoman  over a year ago

Devon

Those questions aren't about honesty and if what you're trying to get at is were they looking to meet or just here to chat then there are better ways of going about it.

It sounds very presumptuous if you're asking these questions early on, have the people you're chatting to given any indication they want to meet you? And if you asked me to swap pics I'd instantly be wary.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I get the message now the penny has finally dropped thank you all

» Add a new message to this topic