FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > raheem sterling......

raheem sterling......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

was he right to say what he had said today about racism being fuelled in part by newspapers....

have to say i don't think he is wrong on this one...

spot on young man... the instagram post was 100%

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"was he right to say what he had said today about racism being fuelled in part by newspapers....

spot on young man... the instagram post was 100% "

I agree with what he was saying. Disproportionate representation in the media is a massive problem and without it being called out it won't change.

I think he's an articulate and grounded guy, I've got a huge amount of respect for an awful lot of what he says. His comments about the need for the top to be shouting about this were particularly poignant

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"was he right to say what he had said today about racism being fuelled in part by newspapers....

spot on young man... the instagram post was 100% "

He was spot on picked the right moment and perfect 2 headlines to share, as he used 2 young players the he personally knew to get his point across, so there is no one thinking he is being bias and backing up a friend of his. Like him or hate him, the way he goes about things is normally pretty spot on.

Hadn't heard the story. Read his post. Good for him!

Who are the two players he's talking about? What have the papers said about them?

I think in general the papers print shit and incite racism and homophobia.

Raheem has now matured into an intelligent, more grounded, young man and as result he is fulfilling his enormous potential. It’s good to see how he’s grown since I first came across him when he moved to Liverpool aged 15.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

He’s spot on.

Seeing the footage of what happened to him yesterday fair play for not reacting to them. The vitriol and hate on display was shocking.

Rascist bastards,can't stand the fucking retards

He was spot on picked the right moment and perfect 2 headlines to share, as he used 2 young players the he personally knew to get his point across, so there is no one thinking he is being bias and backing up a friend of his. Like him or hate him, the way he goes about things is normally pretty spot on. "

Good to see people backing him online too. Celebs etc.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Eric cantona had the perfect response And sterling is spot on with his comments about the newspapers

He was spot on picked the right moment and perfect 2 headlines to share, as he used 2 young players the he personally knew to get his point across, so there is no one thinking he is being bias and backing up a friend of his. Like him or hate him, the way he goes about things is normally pretty spot on.

Good to see people backing him online too. Celebs etc."

Hopefully it snowballs and ends up with the newspapers having to rethink a lot of their misleading headlines that suit what ever agenda they have.

Who is he, a famous actor, director, or what

Good to see people backing him online too. Celebs etc.

Hopefully it snowballs and ends up with the newspapers having to rethink a lot of their misleading headlines that suit what ever agenda they have. "

You know what I'd love it if that happened. But it won't.

It amazes me how they get away with publishing utter lies and tripe. They incite allsorts and people believe what they read.

"Worst winter EVER coming" - fine. Panic buying wellies is harmless.

The rest of the shit though... It just makes me sad.

darlington

"Who is he, a famous actor, director, or what "
no he’s a very talented young footballer who is often subjected to abuse by ignorant people

"Who is he, a famous actor, director, or what "

I'd never heard of him either. Google the story. Important stuff.

darlington

"Who is he, a famous actor, director, or what

I'd never heard of him either. Google the story. Important stuff. "

every days a school day now you know

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

Since watching the ITV4 programme Out of their skin I think it’s has given some idiots the idea it’s ok to abuse black players.Last summer he had the gun tattoo on his leg to remind him of his father who I believe was gunned down not sure why he needed a tattoo when perhaps a nice picture a frame to look at.

it is racism no question about it.

the press word things differently when its a white football player buying a house or expensive car.

but with sterling they always jump all over him. this guy and his family have worked very hard to get to the very top of the game where many others do not and because he black they dont like it and want to keep him down.

everything he does is analyzed more than other players by critics and others who never played the game to his standard.

lewis hamilton had the same thing and so did linford christie.

its racism.

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

I agree with you OP. The press/media need to take responsibility with their misprinted reports and negative influence, this can have on their readers and on society. Sterling was totally right to make his statement and he conducted his statement very well.

"Who is he, a famous actor, director, or what

I'd never heard of him either. Google the story. Important stuff. "

i'm guessing he's not Scottish as no heard anything up here

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

I’m with you op on this

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I admire the young man for what he is doing.

Almost as much as admired his manager, Mr Southgate, the week before for calling out the racist undertones in the Brexit referendum.

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

"I admire the young man for what he is doing.

Almost as much as admired his manager, Mr Southgate, the week before for calling out the racist undertones in the Brexit referendum.

"

100% behind Sterling on this, and totally agree certain sections of the media have a race-based agenda.

But they wouldn't print it if people weren't prepared to pay to read it. Supply and demand at its worst.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"I admire the young man for what he is doing.

"

. Was just wondering what to write on this subject when I read Sara's post ,,, my sentiments entirely

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

He is spot on in what he said in relation to some elements of the media, no surprise given who did the piece..

The rise in racism is shameful but its not by accident..

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

"100% behind Sterling on this, and totally agree certain sections of the media have a race-based agenda.

But they wouldn't print it if people weren't prepared to pay to read it. Supply and demand at its worst."

Exactly. The cracks run deep...

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think it is interesting to see how the newspapers actually reported it....

i don't normally give the daily mail credit for anything but they actually held their hand up and said they will look at the way they report things in future (doubt it, but we shall see...)

the Sun, as a paper doing the opposite, reported on stirling, but omitted the bit criticising them !!!

The sun will always be in for sterling.he is ex Liverpool and there is history between the club and paper.

By *allSteveMan  over a year ago

Poole

"The sun will always be in for sterling.he is ex Liverpool and there is history between the club and paper."

There is no association with the rag and LFC. It's widely known that it's not even sold in most places in Liverpool. I personally haven't looked or touched the vile rag since 1989 and never will

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"i think it is interesting to see how the newspapers actually reported it....

i don't normally give the daily mail credit for anything but they actually held their hand up and said they will look at the way they report things in future (doubt it, but we shall see...)

the Sun, as a paper doing the opposite, reported on stirling, but omitted the bit criticising them !!! "

. I believe there is a new editor at the daily mail , so there may be a difference in their reporting ,,, but like you say " let's wait and see"

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

i like the bloke.not ya usual flash thick as shit player.he actualy got a brain in his head

» Add a new message to this topic