FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > £19.00

£19.00

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *good-being-bad OP   Man  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

It's rare I watch commercial TV. I have just seen an advert on behalf of the salvation army asking for 'just' £19.00 as though it's insignificant. I think from memory other charities also set amounts as well.

I'm not sure adding any nominal value is right as a charity I'd be grateful for any donation to add the word just..seems wrong to some £19.00 is a lot of money.

I support various charities generally ones that support things that have affected myself or my family , salvation army isn't one ..chances are they won't be.

Would or does something like that put you off supporting a charity ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rated-BaconMan  over a year ago

medway

Puts me off for sure.

Also don't agree with charities buying new goods in bulk. They make out like the people they are helping are the desperate of desperate, yet hold money back to buy stock..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doesn't really put me off as I wouldn't have donated anyway.I donate to cancer research and the donkey sanctuary.As well as small collections in shops.That is enough for me.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I used to work for a call centre who took calls for various charities. They would put on the advert that they only wanted £2 a month but when people rang in we were required to try to persuade them to up that to £5.

We also had to recit awful stories of child abuse in the hope to increase donations.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No it doesn't put me off at all.

They are grateful for every single penny.

Of course they take less and all the little bits add up.

BUT ..... ads like these make me realise how much money it takes to provide for others.

There are those that will give that much and more.

There's no shame in giving less , which proportionally might be more than the rich give.

No givers are shamed in the making of those ads.

"It's rare I watch commercial TV. I have just seen an advert on behalf of the salvation army asking for 'just' £19.00 as though it's insignificant. I think from memory other charities also set amounts as well.

I'm not sure adding any nominal value is right as a charity I'd be grateful for any donation to add the word just..seems wrong to some £19.00 is a lot of money.

I support various charities generally ones that support things that have affected myself or my family , salvation army isn't one ..chances are they won't be.

Would or does something like that put you off supporting a charity ?"

Doesn’t put me off, no. I think it can be useful to have an amount for some - as in X amount could provide someone a hot meal or so on.

It also doesn’t mean someone has to donate that amount and the charity be ungrateful, and you can still not donate even at all.

By *andDeeCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

They’ve all got to find the money to pay for the extortionate wages from somewhere. Even charity shops have volunteers working for them yet only have to pay a teeny weeny bit to the charity out of all the money they take.

It sickens me that some poor kid would donate all their pocket money to one of the big charities after losing a loved one to heart failure or cancer for it to be spunked on a bottle of bubbly at a dinner party for share holders.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

The guy who runs the mobility 'charity' just gave himself a 2 million+ quid bonus. Don't think i care to give to any charities any more tbh, agree with the above comment by GandDee.

Oh and i stopped giving to Salvation army coz they charge the people they're helping money also.

But no asking for whatever amount of moneywouldn't out me off, all the other BS does.

I wouldn't donate to the Salvation Army because of their track record with LGBT support (or lack of it)

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

At work we tend to have dress down on Friday’s and every couple of months we choose a charity normally something to do with cancer , children , homeless. I tend to put in £2 - £5 and every couple of months I spend £3 - £5 on pasta , baked beans , cereal and take them to my local food bank or put them in the Asda shopping trolley for fight hunger which from what I understand it goes to the food bank.

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"It's rare I watch commercial TV. I have just seen an advert on behalf of the salvation army asking for 'just' £19.00 as though it's insignificant. I think from memory other charities also set amounts as well.

Would or does something like that put you off supporting a charity ?"

I generally agree. It's just a shame that in this country we have charities that exist because society as a whole doesn't give enough support to people who need help the most. The fact that they're asking for such a significant sum for an individual donation just emphasises how far the state no longer feels it's important enough to give people what they need.

And instead prioritise other things. Things which benefit the ones who probably need the least help.

Charity is bizniz nowadays. If only Sally Ann was selling her knickers! There's a guy on here offering £19 for every pair!!

I think a lot of charities are getting rather cheeky these days.

The ones that REALLY get my goat are the ones who come knocking at the door.

Sorry, but that really crosses a line for me.

Advertise on the telly, fine.

Have your collection days in the high street if you want.

Organise fundraisers if you are so inclined.

But DO NOT under ANY circumstances come to my home, begging for money.

I will choose which charities to support, thank you so very much.

And whilst we're at it, Jehovah's bloody Witnesses can fuck off too.

Donate what you can afford of you wish. It'd be an odd charity that doesn't take it

By *utie91Woman  over a year ago

Hitchin

Charity starts at home. No ones getting my money whilst I’ve got my own debts and bills to pay.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"I wouldn't donate to the Salvation Army because of their track record with LGBT support (or lack of it)"

That’s a very good point

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I really dislike these adverts asking for specific amounts of money. When I support charity I decide who, when and how much and no amount of adverts will influence me.

On the whole I don't support large, national charities anyway. So much money is used for salaries and bonuses and the directors get rich on our donations. I would much rather support smaller local causes that get very little where my small donation really does make a difference.

Ones I support regularly are:

the local branch of the MS society - all monies they recieve go to give direct support to people like my mum and don't go into the national pot. The monthly social drop in meetings they run are a lifeline for many people living with the condition and need people like me to keep giving to pay for them.

Stonebridge city farm - they offer training and work experience to local people with special needs and help them to gain confidence and in some cases paid employment. It's also a lovely day out that doesn't cost anything so great for families on low incomes.

Local animal shelters who do far more in my area than the rspca.

I also choose to make donations when I see volunteers out rattling tins.

» Add a new message to this topic